Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Adam Johnson (Manchester City)

Read 67088 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Re: Adam Johnson (Manchester City)
      Reply #667: Aug 21, 2012 03:25:53 pm
      I used to really rate Johnson, but I just think he has totally stagnated at City. He'll run at players more than Downing but he'd be just as frustrating in a different way.

In principle I think we need a striker and put Suarez wide to be honest but for a reasonable fee I'd take Johnson I suppose. Not as part of any Agger deal.

HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #668: Aug 21, 2012 03:32:45 pm
      Why not make a change this time? That we beat spurs to sign him? .

That would be nice. This could start a bidding war which would probably rule out Spuds because they always try to buy on the cheap. It might rule us out too and that then leaves Sunderland.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #669: Aug 21, 2012 03:33:17 pm
      I like the lad - happy to have him here
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #670: Aug 21, 2012 03:35:38 pm
      I really dont see the point in this TBH. If we are going to offload Downing then yes it makes sense but to get johnson and still have Downing plus we,ve now got Assaidi then I,m sorry its not for me. Are we really going to use them all ? are we not going to buy a striker and just use wingers ? Just buy a feckin striker FFS and get Dempsey in who can be used anywhere along the front 3. STOP WASTING FECKIN MONEY.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #671: Aug 21, 2012 03:39:12 pm
      I really dont see the point in this TBH. If we are going to offload Downing then yes it makes sense but to get johnson and still have Downing plus we,ve now got Assaidi then I,m sorry its not for me. Are we really going to use them all ? are we not going to buy a striker and just use wingers ? Just buy a feckin striker FFS and get Dempsey in who can be used anywhere along the front 3. STOP WASTING FECKIN MONEY.

We already have 3 strikers unless carrol leaves. Borini is not a winger. And i doubt downing is a player or not. And also why cant we few wingers while utd have how many? 4,5?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #672: Aug 21, 2012 03:40:44 pm
      Getting Johnson would put a good player in on the right, but I don't think that solves a bigger problem we have on the left. We still don't have any quality there (Assaidi is still unknown). I'd much prefer we get someone for LW and play Suarez on the right first before going after Johnson, or at least simultaneously.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #673: Aug 21, 2012 03:54:02 pm
      We already have 3 strikers unless carrol leaves. Borini is not a winger. And i doubt downing is a player or not. And also why cant we few wingers while utd have how many? 4,5?

Borini is not a winger you say. Well get used to the fact that he will be playing on the wing this season because thats what BR brought him in for. We dont know alot about Assaidi playing in this league but hes had far more playing time than what Johnsons had. Plus the reports about Johnsons attitude and apparently hes a bit of a piss head too. Money is at a premium to us we CAN NOT afford to waste anymore of it. He may fit the profile to what BR wants but Downing fitted the profile to what Kenny wanted last season and he did,nt deliver and he continues to not deliver. Lets not waste anymore cash in bringing in these over priced, over hyped English players in.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #674: Aug 21, 2012 03:57:33 pm
      People say that he has an attitude and is a piss head, where is this infor mation coming from?  Twitter?  Give the lad a chance, he signed for Citeh and never really got a game, wasnt on the bench, so why why not go out and get pissed.  If citeh didnt want to play him, what else is he suppose to do?

Wasnt Carroll a pisshead too?
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #675: Aug 21, 2012 04:03:32 pm
      Not many better left-footed right wingers in the premiership. He always takes on his man and is good enough to beat them both to the byline for a cross or inside for a shot.
      Wall
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • Dangerous, Unpredictable and I Make a lot of Noise
      Reply #676: Aug 21, 2012 04:07:13 pm
      I think he'd be a good signing. Even though he hasn't played a lot/regularly he always tries and looks good when I've seen him.

I might be wrong but when he scored that curler against Sunderland a couple of years ago wasn't he not in the team yet he pulls something like that out the bag?
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #677: Aug 21, 2012 04:07:38 pm
      If we have the money then we at least have to try and sign him.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #678: Aug 21, 2012 04:15:34 pm

Oh no! 4 wingers (Downing, Assaidi, Johnson & Sterling) for 2 positions, that's far too many! Not like strength in depth in the winger department is something we've missed for bloody years! But I agree that we still need a striker.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #679: Aug 21, 2012 04:18:41 pm
      I used to really rate Johnson, but I just think he has totally stagnated at City. He'll run at players more than Downing but he'd be just as frustrating in a different way.

im on the fence with the Johnson signing but if we sign him then he could play on the right. Downing and Assaidi could fight for left winger spot, either borini or carroll as targetman and suarez just behind them.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #680: Aug 21, 2012 04:19:31 pm
      Fully agree, competition for places make make certain player play better.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #681: Aug 21, 2012 04:40:35 pm
      I wonder if City will use Johnson as a carrott to get Agger?.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #682: Aug 21, 2012 04:42:45 pm
      Nah, think they must know that Agger does not want to leave, plus hopefully he will be penning a new contract very soon.

They need to get rid of players more than we do, to compete with these new fair play financial rules.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #683: Aug 21, 2012 04:48:31 pm
      Nah, think they must know that Agger does not want to leave, plus hopefully he will be penning a new contract very soon.

They need to get rid of players more than we do, to compete with these new fair play financial rules.
      Depends if Brendan thinks we need a wide player more the a good CB.I dont think the Agger saga is over yet.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #684: Aug 21, 2012 04:50:25 pm

Really...;D..

I swear thats why JWH's fuming, because nobody but us is preparing for this??

I just assuming but does anyone know if other teams are keeping this in mind??

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #685: Aug 21, 2012 05:08:09 pm
      I wonder if City will use Johnson as a carrott to get Agger?.

if they are dicks, not selling agger could make it harder to deal with them for johnson. if they are truly dicks it will make them want to deal with everton more. if they get add johnson to the signing of kevin mirallas that will be great business, I think we would have been happy with those and of course jelavic could of really helped us last season but enough about that lot now.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #686: Aug 21, 2012 05:13:17 pm
      Is he better than Downing.?
      I only ask because its so long since I have seen him play I cant remember.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #687: Aug 21, 2012 05:19:22 pm
      Really...;D..

I swear thats why JWH's fuming, because nobody but us is preparing for this??

I just assuming but does anyone know if other teams are keeping this in mind??

Arsenal - they are well ahead of the game when it comes to FFP.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #688: Aug 21, 2012 05:28:52 pm
      Arsenal - they are well ahead of the game when it comes to FFP.

....cause they keep selling their best players.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #689: Aug 21, 2012 05:43:00 pm
      ....cause they keep selling their best players.

Not really. They've benefitted massively from the Emirates stadium. I mean they really have taken full advantage of that stadium move. That place seems to be rolling in the money. Yes selling players helps but also the fact that buying those players for pittance just shows that Arsenal are the ideal model at the moment. They don't have to sell those players but they are following their own strict financial rules at the moment. And yet still they compete at the highest level in Europe.

Quick Reply