Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

FA Cup 10/11

Read 24918 times
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Re: FA Cup 10/11
      Reply #230: Mar 12, 2011 07:33:29 pm
      if Man Utd had a dick, Clive Tyldesley would be down on his knees sucking it.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #231: Mar 12, 2011 08:05:17 pm
      Utd pricks could be on for a treble  :(
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #232: Mar 12, 2011 08:13:35 pm
      Utd pricks could be on for a treble  :(

Not even in the final of any cup yet, mate. Quit it.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #233: Mar 12, 2011 09:10:30 pm
      I wanted to see them lose three in a row for the first time in my life!

Closest was 2008/2009! We beat them 4-1, Fulham did them 2-0 then Aston Villa led them twice.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #234: Mar 12, 2011 10:20:33 pm
      Just woke up to the news that we have been bundled out of yet another cup . All we got left now is the league , but i just don't have confidence we can match the scum .
      It's hard work being a Gooner i tells ya , just over a week ago we were in all 4 cups . Barca , well we were never gunna beat them over 2 legs , but Birmingham in the cup final ...... are you serious ??? and now we let the fucken mancs knock us out of the cup , with 7 defenders !!!
      When it's time for us to step up , we don't . Simples .
      Lets hope we kick on now in the league and beat the scum ............

or failing that "the kids will come good next season"    :mad: :mad: :mad:
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #235: Mar 12, 2011 10:24:21 pm
      The problem with Arsenal is when a problem arrises they don't fix it. Say United, Chelsea or even Liverpool (when we were competing) needed a top class central defender, we would get one. Arsenal just don't get the players they need. Wenger's fault IMO.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #236: Mar 12, 2011 10:54:11 pm
      Very strange team Arsenal they need a keeper and what dose Wenger do rotate 3 keepers and all 3 don't know where they stand
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #237: Mar 13, 2011 01:50:19 am
      Very strange team Arsenal they need a keeper and what dose Wenger do rotate 3 keepers and all 3 don't know where they stand

To be fair to Wenger this time, I don't think he's had much choice, the young Polish keeper picked up an injury on Tuesday night, Fabianski is out with a long term injury and Almunia kept them in the game a couple of times yesterday.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #238: Mar 13, 2011 02:39:14 am
      Arsene Wenger's arrogance is costing them so much. He's lost it. I don't know what he's trying to prove by not spending the money the club has said then and again they have.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #239: Mar 13, 2011 06:44:34 pm
      Bad news for us on semi final fixtures.

United vs City/Reading
      Bolton vs Stoke

Those fixtures means the only way we can get a European place next season is by winning the Europa league or coming 5th. Looking very doubtful.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #240: Mar 13, 2011 06:57:01 pm
      Bad news for us on semi final fixtures.

United vs City/Reading
      Bolton vs Stoke

Those fixtures means the only way we can get a European place next season is by winning the Europa league or coming 5th. Looking very doubtful.

Much as I think us not being in Europe next year would give us time to re-build etc.  I can't imagine not being in Europe at all, some boss nights at Anfield with European footie.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #241: Mar 13, 2011 07:02:34 pm
      Much as I think us not being in Europe next year would give us time to re-build etc.  I can't imagine not being in Europe at all, some boss nights at Anfield with European footie.

Will be hard to attract players in the summer with no european football next season though.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #242: Mar 13, 2011 07:11:22 pm
      Will be hard to attract players in the summer with no european football next season though.

Meh we couldn't really attract world class players with Europa league football either. All about champions league.

I think the positive about missing out on Europa league football is that it'll let us focus on the premier league. I reckon midweek European football games costs each team about 9-10 points a season. If we can buy a few decent players, keep our main players fit and we get a bit of luck we could easily push for the title considering United look like they'll win it this season with a very poor team.

The biggest negative about missing out on Europa league football is that it'll affect us finanically but I don't think it'll affect us much in the transfer market. We were never going to sign the world class players that every big European team are after until we can offer champions league football.

It'll be better for us to miss it simply because it'll give u a chance to get a good run at the premier league next season.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #243: Mar 14, 2011 12:28:14 pm
      How did we attract Suarez and Carroll then and Coentrao recently said Liverpool is a dream club. It ain't all about the Champions league, how did City attract Silva, Tevez, Dzeko etc. Players can see past 1 season
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #244: Mar 14, 2011 12:37:21 pm
      But not all players are like that, corbally.

Players who can see that the future is bright under the new owners, King Kenny and the signings of Carroll and Suarez and who want to play for the biggest club in England and probably willing to take a pay cut would definitely jump at the opportunity to move here.

But there are also players who would move for a huge bank roll and for the chance to play in the Champions League.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,523 posts | 2874 
      Reply #245: Mar 14, 2011 05:18:36 pm
      How did we attract Suarez and Carroll then and Coentrao recently said Liverpool is a dream club. It ain't all about the Champions league, how did City attract Silva, Tevez, Dzeko etc. Players can see past 1 season

This Spanish fella that played for us couldn't.

But I agree with you. To be quite honest, I don't want people signing for us due to the lure of the CL. They should come to us because we are Liverpool Football Club and we want to win number 19.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #246: Mar 14, 2011 07:11:09 pm
      But there are also players who would move for a huge bank roll and for the chance to play in the Champions League.

Exactly the type of players we don't want to attract.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #247: Mar 14, 2011 07:25:14 pm
      Exactly the type of players we don't want to attract.

Well the players who do that are normally world class who get offers from every big side in europe. Why join us with no European football and more likely, less wages, common sense really.

I don't believe the rubbish that we're Liverpool and we can sign the world greatest players, IMO a player looks at 2 things:

Wages and champions league football.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #248: Mar 14, 2011 07:29:15 pm
      Well the players who do that are normally world class who get offers from every big side in europe. Why join us with no European football and more likely, less wages, common sense really.

I don't believe the rubbish that we're Liverpool and we can sign the world greatest players, IMO a player looks at 2 things:

Suarez was happy to join and we weren't exactly quaranteed any European football at that point, let alone Champions League. His workrate and attitude would suggest it wasn't for money.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #249: Mar 14, 2011 07:32:50 pm
      Suarez was happy to join and we weren't exactly quaranteed any European football at that point, let alone Champions League. His workrate and attitude would suggest it wasn't for money.

True, although he was looking for a move away from Ajax for some time. No other team were in for him either so his choices were, stay at Ajax or join Liverpool, easy decision that. I know Spurs were rumored but I don't think anything was true there.

Also he moved and we doubled his wages.
      redjames83
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #250: Mar 15, 2011 11:18:03 am

Totally agree! Look at Man City, all the money in the world but no Champions league and so they sign typically border line champions league players!!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #251: Mar 15, 2011 11:38:32 am

I know, that's what I was trying to say.

Not everyone would be willing to take a pay cut and not play Champions League football to join us just because we are Liverpool FC. Yes, we are a big football side but some players would just join clubs for money (take Gareth Barry for example, we were in the Champions League last season but he moves to City saying he was 'interested' in the project there and didn't he even asked to join us?) even if they won't get Champions League football. Also, some just want Champions League football and would turn us down for a club that has it.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #252: Apr 15, 2011 01:53:14 pm
      Can Citeh stop the scum from winning the Fa cup? I hope they do. The scum can still win FA, League & Champions league.

Quick Reply