Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Rafa: "Liverpool are still in my heart"

Read 1689 times
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Rafa: "Liverpool are still in my heart"
      Nov 30, 2010 08:40:26 pm
      http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/47536/Benitez_reveals_Liverpool_fan_visit_to_Italy.aspx

Benitez reveals Liverpool fan visit to Italy

Inter Milan boss Rafael Benitez admits that he still cherishes his relationship with the fans of Liverpool and believes that strong ties exist between the Reds and the Nerazzurri following the former’s triumph over the latter’s great rivals AC Milan in the 2005 Champions League final in Istanbul.

The Spanish tactician left Merseyside by mutual consent during the summer after a six year spell which saw the club win not just the aforementioned status as European champions but also FA Cup and Super Cup trophies. Much loved by fans of the famous Premier League club, despite anger in certain quarters about the performance of the team in his final season, the former Valencia man continues to garner considerable respect across the continent.

Speaking to FIFA.com about his still prominent links with the Anfield faithful, Benitez revealed that supporters of Liverpool even visited him at the San Siro before his new side tackled Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League.

“I have to admit that Liverpool is still in my heart, and even from a distance I follow the latest news on the club.

“I have a fantastic relationship with the Reds fans and I’m happy that some of them recently came to visit me at the San Siro for the Inter-Tottenham game, the day before the Napoli-Liverpool match.

“Deep down, the friendly relationship between Liverpool and Inter is due in part to that mythical final in Istanbul, when we beat Inter’s arch-rivals AC Milan.”
      « Last Edit: Nov 30, 2010 08:44:58 pm by smigger15 »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Rafa: "Liverpool are still in my heart"
      Reply #1: Nov 30, 2010 09:00:22 pm
      Don't you just love this man, even from a distance he trully knows where his heart lies, come on home Senor Benitez, Home is where the heart is, and we need you more than ever, you trully are a legend of Liverpool FC, YNWA.
      Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      • He who laughs last didn't get it.
      Reply #2: Nov 30, 2010 09:04:52 pm
      And Rafa is firmly in my heart
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3: Nov 30, 2010 09:06:56 pm
      He wants to come home and if I was John Henry i'd make it my goal to ensure that happens, regardless of what any ones opinions on Rafa is, you can't take away the fact before he was forced into a sell to buy policy we progressed year up on year, I'd like to see what he could achieve with the right owners and not settlin for 3rd 4th choice signings.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Nov 30, 2010 09:29:45 pm
      I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Would love to see his long term vision brought to fruitition. Sadly I cant see it happening. Reckon we would be better this year with a fully fit Aquilani. . .  and Torres post recovery from his surgery.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #5: Nov 30, 2010 09:47:35 pm
      Ffs
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #6: Nov 30, 2010 09:51:54 pm
      Mentioned ages ago when Inter played Spurs at home.

Doesn't need reposting.

Topic Locked.

Quick Reply