Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Ryan Babel (Birmingham? Arsenal? No, Hoffenheim!)

Read 14225 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Ryan Babel (Birmingham - Loan)
      Reply #23: Dec 29, 2010 11:39:10 am
      Let's be honest here, Babel hasn't cut it and never will.

I'll own up to being a bit bemused that the penny pinching (for different reasons admittedly) we saw under H & G continues but. ...

It would seem (if we are to believe the statements) that the club's preferred choice would be to sell Babel but as he refuses to take a cut in wages, few if any, clubs are interested. It seems the club still need to cut our wage bill; hence the 'need' to ship him out on loan.

If offering him up at a nominal fee, so that he can keep his wage at or close to what he earns now, is not an alternative the club want to explore then loan it is, i'm afraid.

TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #24: Dec 29, 2010 12:04:58 pm
      Hasn't cut it... sure.
      Nevel will... not sure.

Looked good in some games this season, and may be our most adapted forward for Hodgson tactics, as he he good at controling high balls and not bad holding the ball waiting for support. If we are to keep Roy untill summer (  :f_wah: ), I wouldn't mind keeping Ryan too.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #25: Dec 29, 2010 12:40:43 pm
       It's a simple scenario(in my minds). Sell him for 9M, add another 6M to that (plus our "friendship" with Lille) and GET HAZARD. Than sell Jovanovic for 4M, add another 3M and GET N'ZOGBIA (or Kranjcar). Hazard - N'Zogbia and I'd be delighted with our wing positions.
       I know it's a lot easier to say than do it, but I think with hard work from Comolli a lot of things can change. I read somewhere Galliani (Milan's CEO) after lengthy discussions with Barca directors reduced their asking price for Ibrahimovic from 60M to 25M. If that's true, why can't NESV and Comolli do it. Anyway just an opinion that seems like a dream at the moment.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #26: Dec 29, 2010 12:42:31 pm
      Sell. Sell. Sell.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #27: Dec 29, 2010 02:16:50 pm
      I think Ryan's time is up,we need a sale this time.I do like Ryan but sometimes it just doesn't work out with a player for whatever reason,and i think this is the case with him.He has had plenty of chances to do it for us,his potential is plain to see but enough is enough.You have to ask yourself,Who would you rather have a player like Hazard/N'zogbia or Ryan i know which i would prefer.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #28: Dec 29, 2010 02:24:52 pm
      Is this lad on 70K per week??
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #29: Dec 29, 2010 02:27:30 pm
      It's a simple scenario(in my minds). Sell him for 9M, add another 6M to that (plus our "friendship" with Lille) and GET HAZARD. Than sell Jovanovic for 4M, add another 3M and GET N'ZOGBIA (or Kranjcar). Hazard - N'Zogbia and I'd be delighted with our wing positions.
       I know it's a lot easier to say than do it, but I think with hard work from Comolli a lot of things can change. I read somewhere Galliani (Milan's CEO) after lengthy discussions with Barca directors reduced their asking price for Ibrahimovic from 60M to 25M. If that's true, why can't NESV and Comolli do it. Anyway just an opinion that seems like a dream at the moment.
      Milan get Ibra so much cheaper because Barca actually save around 60M on wages over the length of his contract.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #30: Dec 29, 2010 02:56:59 pm
      Milan get Ibra so much cheaper because Barca actually save around 60M on wages over the length of his contract.
      Yeah I agree but Lille would also save some money from his wages, as I think he's the most paid player in their club. Also after 2 years his wage demands will double I think, Lille can't pay it and risk to lose it for free or a cut price (Affelay case). So they would also be interested to cash on now before it's too late.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #31: Dec 29, 2010 03:46:26 pm
      I doubt Hazard is on more than 50k a week though, compared to Ibra's almost 200,000k a week wages. Lille can't afford too many players on high wages. If they sell Hazard for 15m, they can buy two player but will be spending probably more on wages for them combined. So it could actually make more sense for them to keep him than sell him.
      harrydunn08

• 5,932 posts | 977 
      Reply #32: Dec 29, 2010 03:53:54 pm
      Babel's ship has sailed.  We need to sell him and bring in new talent!  I doubt we will see more than 7 million for him though....  Still, that is 7 million that could be put towards purchasing a player who will actually have a positive impact in our 1st team.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,763 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #33: Dec 29, 2010 08:48:32 pm
      I am glad we never went down the loan to buy route with Babel. These types of deals never seem to work out, either the player has a poor showing or has a decent one but the other club doesn't want to pay the agreed price so we have to lower the fee to get rid of the player. It always seems to be a poor situation for us.

As far as Babel, he has great natural ability but never seem to be able to take the raw skill and turn him-self into a first team player at the club. Maybe he will fair off better for another club but it simply has not worked out here and cutting our loses would be the best thing for the club and the player him-self.
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #34: Dec 30, 2010 12:08:40 pm
      he's getting a raw deal. I dont think he has had a fair chance at all, most of his appearances have been 10-20 minutes off the bench every other game, how is anyone supposed to prove themselves in those circumstances? he has looked much improved in the last couple of months when introduced as a centre forward, rather than the wing. I would give him til the end of the season

and birmingham can f*ck off with a loan deal
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Re: Ryan Babel (Arsenal)
      Reply #35: Jan 07, 2011 12:52:52 pm
      Ryan Babel (Hoffenheim)

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-us/news/87/germany/2011/01/07/2294239/report-hoffenheim-want-liverpool-attacker-ryan-babel

Netherlands international Ryan Babel could be on his way out of Premier League side Liverpool as Bundesliga outfit Hoffenheim have expressed an interest in signing the versatile attacker, if a report in Voetbal International is to be believed.

The Sinsheim side are in the market for attacking reinforcements because of the expected departure of Demba Ba to West Ham United and sporting director Ernst Tanner supposedly sees Babel as the perfect replacement.

Babel came through the ranks of the Ajax youth academy and earned himself a transfer to Liverpool in 2007 with some impressive performances at the Amsterdam ArenA.

However, the winger has been unable to secure regular first team action with the Reds and has mainly been warming the bench in the past two seasons. Therefore, Babel is eager to move on in the winter transfer window.

The attacker has previously been linked with Birmingham City, but Hoffenheim now appear to be sitting in pole position to lure Babel away from Liverpool.

Far more realistic destination for him than Arsenal, IMO.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #36: Jan 07, 2011 12:57:04 pm
      I'd be pleased to say bye bye to Ryan, although I have been impressed with his attitude and work rate of late, but attitudes and workrate don't guarantee titles as if that was teh case we'd all dream of a team of Kuyts.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #37: Jan 07, 2011 01:02:48 pm
      Makes sense if Demba Ba is heading out of Hoffenheim.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #38: Jan 07, 2011 01:22:52 pm
      I read the dutch article this is based on, seems genuine, it's from a trustworthy site aswell. To add to that, it also said babel's agent and father are currently having talks with Hoffenheim in Spain where the team is.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #39: Jan 07, 2011 01:34:40 pm
      I'd be pleased to say bye bye to Ryan, although I have been impressed with his attitude and work rate of late, but attitudes and workrate don't guarantee titles as if that was teh case we'd all dream of a team of Kuyts.

Obviously his attitude and work rate have improved since he arrived but work rate is something you expect from every player, and the only reason why many fans are so impressed with Babel now is because his attitude was really poor before.

And that's the only improvement (attitude/work rate) he's shown in how many years at Liverpool?

Not good enough, we should have sold him and were offered some decent money.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #40: Jan 07, 2011 02:59:41 pm
      I'm sure he would mate.

Anyway if Babel wants to go there, it'll cost them Nasri.

Babel or Nasri. That's easy!
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #41: Jan 07, 2011 04:21:56 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,689 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #43: Jan 07, 2011 05:02:05 pm
      Loads of places are mentioning it though racer.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #44: Jan 07, 2011 05:08:58 pm
      Yeah, but they're right this time. They have it from dutch media.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #45: Jan 07, 2011 05:16:30 pm
      They hardly have millions lying around do they Dexter

Quick Reply