Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Luis Suarez - Transfer Topic - (Ajax to Liverpool)

Read 214953 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Ajax)
      Reply #23: Dec 08, 2010 05:57:25 pm
      Definitely. Let's have him.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #24: Dec 08, 2010 06:42:22 pm
      would be an great signing for 9 million
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #25: Dec 08, 2010 08:03:19 pm
      Luis Saurez = Holy Grail.  Okay slight exaggeration but 100% in! :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26: Dec 08, 2010 08:03:44 pm
      9million?! It's a no brainer! Though unfortunately for us, Woy has no brain!
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #27: Dec 08, 2010 09:13:09 pm
      He will do anything to win,i don't see how this is a negative ? His handball in the world cup i'd do the same !! The fact is he's a quality player and for 9 million thats a steal look at the amount we've payed for sh*t strikers in the past !!

He is a bit off a nutter and i don't condone him biting another player which was nothing short off disgraceful,but one thing he certainly has is passion,and thats something thats been missing here for a long time !! 
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #28: Dec 08, 2010 09:43:41 pm
      No negative MiciG91? So you're ok with him diving too then? He did it again tonight against Milan, got yellow for it and misses next match as a result.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #29: Dec 08, 2010 09:43:56 pm
      YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #30: Dec 08, 2010 09:50:34 pm
      No negative MiciG91? So you're ok with him diving too then? He did it again tonight against Milan, got yellow for it and misses next match as a result.
      Are you saying Gerrard never dives ? he's been caught diving many a time, What about N'gog's dive against Birmingham last season ?

If thats the main reason you have against signing one off the best strikers in europe then dexter i'v lost a little bit off faith in your judgement !
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #31: Dec 08, 2010 09:52:34 pm
       would you think he would be a success at Liverpool Dexter.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #32: Dec 08, 2010 09:55:03 pm
      As I said, hes a dick. Still though, 9M£ is a steal.

However, he is not a target man, and I have a suspicion thats who Roy will favour. Expect C. Cole.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #33: Dec 08, 2010 09:59:16 pm
      I'm glad to be linked to someone with some talent, even though he's gone a bit too far at times I think he'd be a good signing for us and fits with NESV's policy, plus for £9m it would be a good deal.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #34: Dec 08, 2010 10:32:29 pm
      Are you saying Gerrard never dives? he's been caught diving many a time, What about N'gog's dive against Birmingham last season ?

If thats the main reason you have against signing one off the best strikers in europe then dexter i'v lost a little bit off faith in your judgement !
      Suarez dives almost every game. So much so that even when he does get fouled most dutch referees don't give it anymore because they know him, like I said, his reputation is as bad if not worse than Robben's here in Holland. You can't compare Gerrard or Ngog with that.

And where did you see me write him off? I even said for 9 million he's a bargain. All I've said is that I've become less excited about him this season. And it's a bit early to call him one of the best strikers in Europe, maybe he will be, but he hasn't accomplished anything yet. I don't care if you have faith in my judgement but I've seen almost all his games in the dutch league for the past 4 seasons.

Just pointing out that he isn't perfect, certainly not the holy grail. And not just because of that, he isn't a target man for instance. And when he does play along another striker, it does need to be a target man for it to work well. He did very well with Huntelaar and Forlan. But he currently doesn't gel at all with El Hamdaoui, who is a similar type of striker. They're both selfish players, they often look down and don't look around them to link up, go straight for the goal even when it's not the best solution. And if things don't go his way then he gets extremely frustrated, to the point that the frustration becomes the main reason for him not playing well, to me that's been his main issue this season.

would you think he would be a success at Liverpool Dexter.
      Yeah, he probably would be, kind of depends on his role I guess. Not too sure on him as a winger for instance in the EPL, his speed isn't that impressive and he doesn't give much width, and certainly don't expect any defensive duties. But in a more free striker role, maybe inside forward on the right, yeah I think he'd do good. As a lone striker I'm not sure, he might be able to cut it in the future.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,397 posts | 2823 
      Reply #35: Dec 08, 2010 10:37:10 pm
      F**k all that diving sh*t, biting sh*t.

Changed my mind, don't want him here at all.

Liverpool's a club for proper players. We got rid of one tw*t today, I don't want another one coming in regardless of how good he is and how cheap he is.
      CAPTAIN
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      • Number 5
      Reply #36: Dec 08, 2010 11:38:56 pm
      10 reasons why Liverpool should not buy Luis Suarez.

1. He's a CHEAT.

2. He's an unapologetic CHEAT.

3. He's a very deliberate CHEAT.

4. He has no concept of sportsmanship because he's a CHEAT

5. As proven at the World Cup, Whatever the level of football, whatever the consequences, he will CHEAT.

6. As long as his team gains an advantage, he will CHEAT.

7. He has the poisonous mindset of a CHEAT.

8. Once an CHEAT, always a CHEAT.

9. Has no feeling for the integrity of the game because he's a CHEAT.

10. Did I mention he's a CHEAT?!

Read more: http://www.liverpool-kop.com/    :f_whistle:

DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #37: Dec 08, 2010 11:43:00 pm
      This guy is the type of player we need for a Torres partnership. If we dont manage to sign him that will be pretty pathetic.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #38: Dec 09, 2010 12:34:57 am
      Gerrard dives a lot and we say nothing ? we are pure hypocritical if Gerrard dives and we get a free or a penalty every one on here laugh's (look back at previous live match threads) and when other teams do it their cheat's scumbag's,etc

Steven Gerrard - Diving hypocrite

So what ?? As much as i hate to say it it's part of the game now and no-one can deny that.

And saying he's one of the best strikers in Europe at the moment is only going by his stats what was it 35 goals in 36 games or something crazy like that.

I'd be willing to take a risk on someone like that ? Why wouldn't it be worth the risk ?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #39: Dec 09, 2010 12:57:05 am
      lols, we shouldnt buy suarez cuz he dives? He has a bit of temper and he is a sore loser but there is no doubt about his ability. He doesnt only get goals but make everybody playing around him look world class players.
      I have wanted us to buy him for over 3 years now. Some of our players dive too, just go and ask somebody who is not a LFC fan.
       A while back there was a article in 442 or champion magazine about big European club academies who teach how and when to dive. Its a part of the game, like it or not.
      Anyway there is a story about this in a Norwegian newspaper aswell. just hope we land him :)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #40: Dec 09, 2010 04:03:32 am
      Riise, Pennant and Bellamy had tempers, attitude problems and issues, but we still bought them.

Suarez would be a cracking buy.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #41: Dec 09, 2010 11:00:18 am
      At 9 million it would be an absolute bargain and steal. I've seen a lot of him at Ajax and the guy has got real class. The stuff that followed him after the Ghana game is a total joke, anyone in the same circumstances would have done the same thing. As for the biting look at Jovanovic on youtube. The PSV guy behaved like a total pr**k but then shook Suarez by the hand and hugged him. In south america the concept of cheating is very different to ours, if he came here I'm sure he would soon realise the cultural differences between different continents.

Also his form has dipped a bit this season please remember that he had to play in CL qualifying games a couple of weeks after the end of the world cup
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #42: Dec 09, 2010 12:53:13 pm
      When you score a shitload of goals and win F**k all in that season, you will probably be pissed. I think that that's why he's diving so much and sometimes acts like a dick. He wants to win trophies.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #43: Dec 09, 2010 12:59:37 pm
      There no reason why his temper and diving can't be sorted.

Torres dabbled in a bit of diving before he came here.

I'd bite their hand off at £9million.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #44: Dec 09, 2010 12:59:37 pm
      When you score a shitload of goals and win F**k all in that season, you will probably be pissed. I think that that's why he's diving so much and sometimes acts like a dick. He wants to win trophies.

Won't be coming here then...  :-\
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #45: Dec 09, 2010 01:01:50 pm
      I say buy him.Whilst his temper may be an issue and falls over a lot he will have to understand in terms of pecking order there are more experienced players above him and he will be expected to tow the line. If he starts playing up there are many who will pull him to one side regardless of how soft Roy appears to be.

Given he has clear talent,scored bags of goals and is young in football terms...SIGN HIM UP!!

Quick Reply