Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Enough

Read 18245 times
      Gazmcc84
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Re: Enough
      Reply #207: Dec 13, 2010 03:47:06 pm
      roy said after the game "we didn play well enough for a top half team" NEWS ALERT ROY this isn fulham we wanna be top 4 not top half.

Biggest stat of weekend i found was

hodgson has won 1 of last 27 away games in premier league......
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4593 
      Reply #208: Dec 13, 2010 03:49:34 pm

Biggest stat of weekend I found was

What year was it?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #209: Dec 13, 2010 03:51:47 pm
      I don't want top 4. I want 1st. All this top 4 bollocks is really annoying. Yes it means Champions League footy. But it's a falsification. It's classing being 4th as being successful. IT ISN'T! The fact that UEFA are putting mediocre teams in the CL should be a clue as to le frogs intentions...

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #210: Dec 13, 2010 03:52:14 pm
      roy said after the game "we didn play well enough for a top half team" NEWS ALERT ROY this isn fulham we wanna be top 4 not top half.

Biggest stat of weekend I found was

Oh jesus! More terrible comments!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,203 posts | 1644 
      Reply #211: Dec 13, 2010 03:56:36 pm
      I don't want top 4. I want 1st. All this top 4 bollocks is really annoying. Yes it means Champions League footy. But it's a falsification. It's classing being 4th as being successful. IT ISN'T! The fact that UEFA are putting mediocre teams in the CL should be a clue as to le frogs intentions...

I completely agree with you.

But there is no way that any manager is going to come in and get this squad back to title challengers, but if we get the right manager now, give them time to make moves in the next two windows, and is capable of motivating this group of stale bas**rds, then we may get back to CL footy, and we can take it from there.

I want to see us at the top again, but with the way the game is now it's impossible to go from where we are now to the top.
      redjames83
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #212: Dec 13, 2010 03:56:56 pm

I agree it has skewed peoples perceptions of success and masked the fact that we have still failed to poperly challenge for the title for years. Something drastic needs to eb done though as we appear further away than ever!
      Gazmcc84
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #213: Dec 13, 2010 03:57:44 pm
             from his fulham era right up to saturdays game
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #214: Dec 13, 2010 03:58:15 pm
      Gerrard is best from the middle. Distributing the ball, controlling the centre of the park. I make MY OWN MIND UP. I don't read bullshit newspapers, or take notice of what Sky or any other form of media have to say. I have eyes that work, and an opinion that is as valid as anyone elses. So F**k off you patronising tw*t...

Bullshit, bullshit, and more bullshit.

AC Milan showed what Gerrard is like in the centre, for 45 minutes, and it was only when someone with discipline came in to play alongside Xabi, with gerrard moving further up that we started to get into the game - gerrard cannot control a game from the centre, because he doesn't have the discipline. He always has to go glory hunting, which again is why he gives away the ball too much, with all those F***ing holloywood balls he tries to play.

It's alright, I've got you pegged now - you're one of those xenophobes who think we should only have british players, who still lives in the 80's and has as much idea about the modern game as hodgson.

Either that or you're andy gray in disguise, because you are repeating his views and other media views pretty much verbatim.
      Gazmcc84
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #215: Dec 13, 2010 04:01:07 pm

of course i want 1st ya nut job, but thats not realistic this season so u have to think wit head not heart...top 4 is best we can achieve this yr and thats harsh reality.

we need serious investment and rid of alot of players and need cl money so 4th is realistic
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #216: Dec 13, 2010 04:58:50 pm
      Bullshit, bullshit, and more bullshit.

AC Milan showed what Gerrard is like in the centre, for 45 minutes, and it was only when someone with discipline came in to play alongside Xabi, with gerrard moving further up that we started to get into the game - gerrard cannot control a game from the centre, because he doesn't have the discipline. He always has to go glory hunting, which again is why he gives away the ball too much, with all those f**king holloywood balls he tries to play.

It's alright, I've got you pegged now - you're one of those xenophobes who think we should only have british players, who still lives in the 80's and has as much idea about the modern game as hodgson.

Either that or you're andy gray in disguise, because you are repeating his views and other media views pretty much verbatim.

Trust me, you're way off the mark... I, like everyone else on this forum want what is best for LFC. We have differing opinions. We're entitled to that. As neither you or I have any realistic chance of becoming LFC manager EVER, then whatever we say, carries no credence. Only opinion. Also, how could I be a xenophobe, when the ideal team in my eyes consisted of 5 or 6 English/British players??

Oh, and lastly, I apologise for the way I reacted to your comment. There is no need for insults here. I was infuriated by your comment, but acted inappropriately.
      « Last Edit: Dec 13, 2010 06:41:42 pm by MarkMitt »
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #217: Dec 13, 2010 05:05:33 pm
      I agree it has skewed peoples perceptions of success and masked the fact that we have still failed to poperly challenge for the title for years. Something drastic needs to eb done though as we appear further away than ever!

Well we seemed to very close only a couple of seasons ago. Rafa and his Reds VERY nearly at their best! He should still be here. The following seasons injury crisis, should have been enough to warrant another attempt at cracking the league for Rafa, but obviously the powers invested in the club knew better...
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #218: Dec 13, 2010 06:35:29 pm
      Well we seemed to very close only a couple of seasons ago. Rafa and his Reds VERY nearly at their best! He should still be here. The following seasons injury crisis, should have been enough to warrant another attempt at cracking the league for Rafa, but obviously the powers invested in the club knew better...

Knew better or wanted him to perform better with a weaker squad?  Is this summer 2009 you mean? In which case he wanted to strengthen, which would be the logical approach to a team that finished second.  Was there cash? Well we all know what happened.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #219: Dec 13, 2010 06:40:43 pm
      I've had enough of the wrong people running our club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #220: Dec 13, 2010 06:41:57 pm
      How do work that one out? Am I persecuting millions with my opinion, or are you just talking sh*t?

No I was trying to have a laugh, get off the high horse lid!!
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #221: Dec 13, 2010 07:10:35 pm
      I've had enough of the wrong people running our club.

Yep - The previous owners ruined us off the field and on the field .
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #222: Dec 13, 2010 07:16:07 pm
      Whatever talents these new people have and however sincere they are they are not football people and Shanks wouldnt have given them the time of day and that is good enough for me.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #223: Dec 13, 2010 07:22:24 pm
      Whatever talents these new people have and however sincere they are they are not football people and Shanks wouldn't have given them the time of day and that is good enough for me.

Unfortunately its hard to find "football people " around who have plenty of money to be able to purchase the club and invest in it . You need to look for the next best thing and that is sports people with a solid financial background and a history in running successful sports teams . Nesv are that . If they show they are looking after the clubs best interests and have the club at heart and are appreciative of the fans then shanks would of given them the time of day .
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #224: Dec 13, 2010 07:31:27 pm
      Whatever talents these new people have and however sincere they are they are not football people and Shanks wouldnt have given them the time of day and that is good enough for me.

Find some football people with the resources these guys have, who want to take over Liverpool.

No?

Thought so. Unfortunately its just the way it is in modern times. I feel you can't judge them to harshly yet. Keep an eye on them, sure. But its far too early to condemn them.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #225: Dec 13, 2010 11:44:17 pm
      Ok, I think I had enough of this bloody sh*te. Something has to change before this goes too dishonourable. I miss wins and I miss our team playing good football.
      Can we actually do something about it or are we going to watch us going down?

Woah!
      Here we go.
      What a start to a thread.

Its Scal Qaeda all over again. We are after the manager. We did over the old owners.
      The adrenalin was rushing. Keep the Red Bulls on the shelves.
      We are doing it again.

Then.................... ..

Someone has to stand up from the crowd, take Konchesky away from this team and throw Babel in.

What a downer.
      Im off to shoot myself.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #226: Dec 14, 2010 12:01:38 am

Unless you're Derek Acorah, how do you know that?

I doubt Shanks would have been that idiotic & narrow-minded.  If anything he would have sped up their education & taught them about football - the fans, the club, everything. I doubt he would have been as bigoted as some fans on here.  I still don't get your, now obvious, vendetta against them, before they've even managed to get a foot in the door & have a good look round.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #227: Dec 14, 2010 02:14:03 am
      Only NESV can change things for the better, by replacing Gubber sooner rather than later. As fans we should just continue supporting our team, and making it known on forums like this that we don't want Hodgson. I'm sure NESV know this anyway!
      i totally agree with you here man. the americans aint stupid. it would be wrong and very unlike us if we started protesting in the stands against Roy or anywhere else for that matter. Our team needs our support.
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #228: Dec 14, 2010 03:00:26 am
      of course I want 1st ya nut job, but thats not realistic this season so u have to think wit head not heart...top 4 is best we can achieve this yr and thats harsh reality.

we need serious investment and rid of alot of players and need cl money so 4th is realistic
      You obviously know what you are talking about, why would you bother responding to the idiot? Top 4 isn't good enough? 7th last season? Who doesn't want to win the Prem,CL, FA cup? And yesterday is to late. He's not bright sir/mate. Now if you can, tell me :
      If we came in 6th this season, so we had Europa/Inter Cities/ whatever name they'll have next year, would you be satisfied? I personally would be escatic, a couple of good results from the bottom 10 teams and a couple more losses to the Newcastles of the world and we'd be in very deep doo doo. and this guy thinks it's the Prem Champions or nothing??? And you responded to him?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #229: Dec 14, 2010 09:35:34 am
      You obviously know what you are talking about, why would you bother responding to the idiot? Top 4 isn't good enough? 7th last season? Who doesn't want to win the Prem,CL, FA cup? And yesterday is to late. He's not bright sir/mate. Now if you can, tell me :
      If we came in 6th this season, so we had Europa/Inter Cities/ whatever name they'll have next year, would you be satisfied? I personally would be escatic, a couple of good results from the bottom 10 teams and a couple more losses to the Newcastles of the world and we'd be in very deep doo doo. and this guy thinks it's the Prem Champions or nothing??? And you responded to him?

You clearly missed the point. Perhaps what I put was beyond your level. Funnily enough, looks fairly easy to understand to me. Simple point is 4th IS NOT SUCCESS, IT IS FAILURE, CL footy or not. It means you were not good enough to be even runners-up. CL footy needs to go back to the winners only. That is why it was called the Champions League in the first place. The emphasis on inferior teams being allowed to play in the CL only further highlights the intentions of UEFA/ monsieur le frog Platini. It is not a footballing interest, it is purely monetry gain for the governing body. Where is the interest in the likes of Man Utd or Barca playing teams who will fail to gain a single, solitary point? i watch CL footy to be entertained by enthralling, well fought battles between the best teams in Europe. That is what it is supposed to be. This is why I made my comments on our team, and seeming lack of desire to be the best. Believe it or not, 4th IS NOT THE NEW 1ST. If you fail to see that, surely you are the idiot.

Quick Reply