Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Carra: Houllier's my top boss

Read 6121 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8685 
      Re: Carra: Houllier's my top boss
      Reply #46: Dec 11, 2010 04:19:35 pm
      A couple of things I'd like to point out to Carragher:

1) winning the UEFA cup in 2001 did NOT put us back on the map
      2) thanks to benitez, carragher has won the biggest competition in world football yet he still rates houllier higher?!?!?! madness
      3) the only reason houllier was the 1st manager to get us into the CL was because of a change in UEFA rules. Had 4th place been sufficient for CL qualification then Roy Evans would have had us qualify for the 4 of the 5 years before houllier arrived
      4) talking houllier so highly, whilst carragher is still a full time professional player is very disrespectful to both benitez and hodgson
      5) Roy Evans was responsible for nurturing SG for years at the club and his debut was only postponed due to early career injuries. As usual GH tried to take the credit
      6) not sure why carragher gives houllier credit because some players are now playing beyond the age of 30 - a very bizarre statement for sure!!

Agree with all that - didn't agree with the tone of the second opinion. I understand what your saying about his comments after the game, if I was a Villa fan, I'd be embarrassed about the way he was virtually gushing in praise for us.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,355 posts | 4969 
      Reply #47: Dec 11, 2010 11:46:52 pm
      I understand what your saying about his comments after the game, if I was a Villa fan, I'd be embarrassed about the way he was virtually gushing in praise for us.

True mate.

Can you imagine the reaction we would have if Fulham beat us next week and Roy said something similar?

We would go f***ing mental.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #48: Dec 12, 2010 12:02:39 am
      While your at it jamie you might aswell give houllier some head too.

Quick Reply