Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Bojan (Barcelona)

Read 11504 times
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Re: Bojan (Barcelona)
      Reply #23: Jun 06, 2011 10:22:18 am
      didnt think he was anything like hernandez. are they similar type of players?

in terms of playing style, no. But what i meant was in terms of impact and what they'd bring goal wise to the club or in Hernandez's case brought.

Those vital goals etc. You know what i mean?
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #24: Jun 06, 2011 10:24:11 am
      I actually think the lad is over rated and dont think he would be up to the physical demands of the premiership
      This. Also don't like the lad.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #25: Jun 06, 2011 10:30:53 am
      in terms of playing style, no. But what I meant was in terms of impact and what they'd bring goal wise to the club or in Hernandez's case brought.

Those vital goals etc. You know what I mean?
      yea i know what you mean but i dont think he would. dont think his suited to the PL. for a striker in the PL you have to be big and strong or quick and his got neither. ( or very talented like zola but dont think he is)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26: Jun 06, 2011 10:43:36 am
      If he didn't play for Barcelona then i don't think he will be sold for anywhere near that price it'd be more like £10m or possibly even less.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #27: Jun 06, 2011 10:44:56 am
      yea I know what you mean but I dont think he would. dont think his suited to the PL. for a striker in the PL you have to be big and strong or quick and his got neither. ( or very talented like zola but dont think he is)

Like Messi??  He didn't do too bad ripping the mancs to pieces.  

I'm not saying this lad is Messi, I just think it's time to start thinking outside the box when it comes to players suited/not suited to the EPL.

Technical skill is the way to go, just like our Academy lads are being coached.
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #28: Jun 06, 2011 10:46:09 am
      yea I know what you mean but I dont think he would. dont think his suited to the PL. for a striker in the PL you have to be big and strong or quick and his got neither. ( or very talented like zola but dont think he is)

I wouldn't say he was particularly slow, but strength wise he does look weak. Talent wise though, there must be something there to be in the Barcelona team. Granted he isn't first team, but it would take quite something to be in front of Villa, Messi and Pedro.

I wouldn't write him off completely though.
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #29: Jun 06, 2011 10:48:28 am
      Like Messi??  He didn't do too bad ripping the mancs to pieces. 

I'm not saying this lad is Messi, I just think it's time to start thinking outside the box when it comes to players suited/not suited to the EPL.

I think that is what i was trying to say. Just because he isn't built like Carroll or as quick as say Walcott, doesn't mean he is a predetermined failure in the Premier League. The technical ability that he has is definitely there, and that's why he was one of Barcelona's youngest ever first team players.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #30: Jun 06, 2011 10:50:01 am
      Like Messi??  He didn't do too bad ripping the mancs to pieces. 

ok mate but i did say "  or very talented like zola but dont think he is" . i woud say messi falls into the category of talented players like zola ( messi twice the player)   
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #31: Jun 06, 2011 10:52:08 am
      Bojan put pen-to-paper on a contract extension on 20 December 2010 with Barcelona, which will keep him at the club until 2015 and increase his buy-out clause from 80 to €100 million.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #32: Jun 06, 2011 10:54:29 am
      ok mate but I did say "  or very talented like zola but dont think he is" . I woud say messi falls into the category of talented players like zola ( messi twice the player)    

Maybe not now but young players develop differently.  I'm not saying I agree with the signing or the fee I just feel we need "different" qualities within the squad.
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #33: Jun 06, 2011 10:55:57 am
      Would take bojan any day of the week.

But like other transfer targets mentioned, he has been way over priced.

Still think this lad would bring a bit of flair and creativity to the side though, something we lack at times, particularly at home against teams who park the bus for 90mins.

Would rather take Bojan for 17m then henderson for 18.5m anyway...
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #34: Jun 06, 2011 11:01:48 am
      Maybe not now but young players develop differently.  I'm not saying I agree with the signing or the fee I just feel we need "different" qualities within the squad.
      you think he could play as a wide attacking forward? say 433.

suarez   carroll   bojan

personally i think he is better suited playing in the hole
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #35: Jun 06, 2011 11:07:15 am
      you think he could play as a wide attacking forward? say 433.

suarez   carroll   bojan

personally I think he is better suited playing in the hole

I think, if he comes, he'll be best suited playing where Kenny wants him to play mate.

None of us know what Kenny's plans are other than better quality, versatile players within the squad. 

Can he pass and move? does he have the right mental attitude? is he/could he be good enough?  These are the things that Kenny will look at and if the answers are yes to all those things then most likely he will try to buy him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,460 posts | 2853 
      Reply #36: Jun 06, 2011 11:09:46 am
      Good player from the rare times I've seen him, has a very good eye for goal but can't see him leaving Barca for us.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #37: Jun 06, 2011 11:17:55 am
      He still has a big part to play in Barca's team, so i couldn't see him leaving them, nor could I see them wanting to sell him.

He's a F***ing brilliant attacker - He's probably the first sub to come on off the bench to replace one of the attackers (Messi, Villa and Pedro) and it's no shame being kept on the bench by them three.

Have always said I liked him, and if there was an opportunity to sign him, I think we should. But for the reasons I stated above, I don't think we will.
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #38: Jun 06, 2011 11:19:07 am
      He still has a big part to play in Barca's team, so I couldn't see him leaving them, nor could I see them wanting to sell him.

He's a f**king brilliant attacker - He's probably the first sub to come on off the bench to replace one of the attackers (Messi, Villa and Pedro) and it's no shame being kept on the bench by them three.

Have always said I liked him, and if there was an opportunity to sign him, I think we should. But for the reasons I stated above, I don't think we will.

Arent barca signing sanchez aswell tho? surely that will but him further down the order?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #39: Jun 06, 2011 11:28:16 am
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #40: Jun 06, 2011 12:00:13 pm
      Saw him last season against Arsenal, he was bullied all over the pitch by there centre halves. Way to lightweight. Scored a few goals when I've seen him in La Liga but I've never convinced by him I think Barc create so much even Ngog would score for them.

£17 million is way to much for the lad Barc would be happy to sell for that. Bojan burst onto the scene a few years ago and looked like another wonder kid but since then his career has stalled and I can still see him go the way of Giovanni Di Santos
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #41: Jun 06, 2011 12:03:39 pm
      I think he's suffering from lack of playing time. He needs to leave Barcelona and play in a team where he'll be a sure starter. Can't see him playing ahead of Pedro, Messi and Villa unless it's a cup game or one of them is injured.

At this age, all you really want is to actually play football, to be honest, to maximise your true potential.

Haha but quite amazing to have three La Liga titles, a Spanish Cup, 2 Spanish Supercup, 2 UEFA Champions League, a Super Cup, a Club World Cup and a UEFA u-17 Championship title to your name and you're not even 21.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #42: Jun 06, 2011 12:07:28 pm
      Think for his career he should stay in Spain will get gobbled up by centre halves in England
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #43: Jun 06, 2011 12:08:34 pm
      Yeah, didn't mean to say to come to us. Just leave Barcelona in general, IMO.
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #44: Jun 06, 2011 12:28:26 pm
      Saw him last season against Arsenal, he was bullied all over the pitch by there centre halves. Way to lightweight. Scored a few goals when I've seen him in La Liga but I've never convinced by him I think Barc create so much even Ngog would score for them.

£17 million is way to much for the lad Barc would be happy to sell for that. Bojan burst onto the scene a few years ago and looked like another wonder kid but since then his career has stalled and I can still see him go the way of Giovanni Di Santos

due to the villa signing and the form of pedro though. Bojan is still a class act, from whenever i've seen him play anyway.

you just don't know how he would cope in the prem either, one game doesnt decide that. There are several examples where players have come with a raised eyebrow whether they can cope with the physical demands of the prem but they proved their critics wrong and have performed well.

17m i agree is over priced but id rather have bojan in our squad than some of the other players mentioned. He would bring us something new and he would always be another option.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #45: Jun 06, 2011 12:46:29 pm
      Think he was with any other club but Barc he would be half the price, watched him play a decent bit don't see the player some people on here are. Looked like he would be sensational when he burst on the scene but has gone backwards. I wouldn't go near him to be honest

Quick Reply