Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Santiago Cazorla (Villarreal CF)

Read 12911 times
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Dec 15, 2010 03:31:37 pm
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Santi Cazorla (Villarreal)
      Reply #1: Dec 15, 2010 04:34:23 pm
      Love this player. Would be happy if we signed him.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2: Dec 15, 2010 05:05:14 pm
      I'm a fan, but given how well Villareal have played this season I wouldn't count on it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #3: Dec 15, 2010 05:37:18 pm
      To F***ing old, I thought we were targetting young F***ing players.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #4: Dec 15, 2010 05:55:00 pm
      You just love to complain dont you? 26 is too old? If Messi was 26 and we were getting him you would probably be moaning still.

I hate how NESV statement about buying young players has suddenly become a mantra in this forum, like if only kids could solve our problems.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: Dec 15, 2010 06:02:45 pm
      He just turned 26 though, so how is he old corbally? Literally turned 26 three days ago.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6: Dec 15, 2010 06:07:50 pm
      My mistake I thought it was Capdevilla who is 32 and we were linked to, F**k sake give me a F***ing break Diego.

The reason I'm F***ing moaning so much is because what is happening at the club. I used to think you were fairly okay.

If you want you should check my posts in 2008/09 outside the owners and maybe Lucas you'll see very little moaning in the post. So why exactly is that do you guess
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #7: Dec 15, 2010 06:10:24 pm
      If you want you should check my posts in 2008/09 outside the owners and maybe Lucas you'll see very little moaning in the post. So why exactly is that do you guess
      You had posts in 08/09 that weren't about Lucas? :f_tongueincheek:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8: Dec 15, 2010 06:12:28 pm
      I think I'd one in the Alonso thread and one in the Masch and about 1500 in the Lucas thread. :)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #9: Dec 15, 2010 06:18:58 pm
      My mistake I thought it was Capdevilla who is 32 and we were linked to, f**k sake give me a f**king break Diego.

The reason I'm f**king moaning so much is because what is happening at the club. I used to think you were fairly okay.

Oh ok then, I have to agree Capdevilla would be a crap signing.

And I have nothing personal against you corbally, I just think you're needlessly too negative or repetitive at times.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #10: Dec 15, 2010 06:24:36 pm
      Mate the only thing I've been repetitive about is Hodgson starting my moaning about him around May when he was first linked and I'm still moaning now.

You'll see less moaning from me when NESV grow a pair of balls and sack him.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #11: Dec 16, 2010 03:19:29 pm
      Moaning and groaning aside, Cazorla would be a great signing!  He has pace, trickery, great vision, and plays in wonderful crosses!  The only question is whether he could deal with the physicality of the league, but i think he could cope.... he certainly isn't any more lightweight than Lennon, and I would have him in my team any day of the week! 

Have to wonder if he'd even consider us though with how well Villareal are doing, and how poorly we are at the moment.  Pepe and Nando would have to do some convincing to get him here.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #12: Dec 16, 2010 04:00:31 pm
      I know this lad only from FM11 where I signed him for £18million for Chelsea :)

If his impact in FM, is anything to go by, he was a good signing :P
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #13: Dec 16, 2010 04:11:37 pm
      Would be a pretty decent signing.

A creative winger who can use both feet. Exactly what we need.
      funkieni
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #14: Dec 16, 2010 04:20:26 pm
      would be a decent signing if we could get him for a good price. what happened to juan mata though? we were so heavily linked with him once NESV took over and now there's absolutely no news about him being a possibility anymore. would be mad crazy if we ended up getting the both of them. so we could have more creativity on the wings.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #15: Dec 16, 2010 04:29:16 pm
      I can see it now " Liverpool Sign Santi in 12M Xmas swoop "
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #16: Dec 16, 2010 04:57:31 pm

What are you doing playing with Chelsea?!  There is only one team in England and that is LFC!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #17: Dec 16, 2010 05:00:39 pm
      Beaten to the Anti Chelsea punch. . . Seriously man what the hell? 
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #18: Dec 16, 2010 05:16:23 pm
      I can see it now " Liverpool Sign Santi in 12M Xmas swoop "

"LFC trigger Santi buy-out Clause"
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #19: Jun 12, 2011 01:12:21 am

Liverpool chasing Villareal playmaker

Published 00:00 12/06/11
      By Tom Hopkinson

Liverpool are weighing up an £18million raid for Villarreal playmaker Santi Cazorla.

Kop goalkeeper Pepe Reina has sung the praises of the 33-times capped Spain international to manager Kenny Dalglish and director of football Damien Comolli.

The Reds are still keen to strengthen their midfield, despite signing Jordan Henderson, and 26-year-old Cazorla is on their radar.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-transfer-news-Santi-Cazorla-of-Villareal-being-watched-by-Kenny-Dalglish-after-recommendation-from-Pepe-Reina-article746325.html
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #20: Jun 12, 2011 09:04:46 am

Old post now.. but come on man. You wonder why we give you Chelsea crap? :lmao:

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #21: Jun 12, 2011 09:18:11 am
      PGlynn is the gift that Just keeps on giving. ;D

Cazorla would be a decent signing if true, especially if it keeps baldy head happy.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #22: Jun 12, 2011 11:01:13 am

Santi Cazorla 'eyed by Liverpool' as part of Kop transfer spree

Santi Cazorla could be one of the influx of transfers at Liverpool, after Pepe Reina apparently recommended him to Kenny Dalglish.

The Reds are focusing most of their efforts on acquiring British stars this summer, but are willing to look overseas if players of the right quality become available.

Villarreal midfielder Cazorla certainly fits into that category. The 26-year-old has won more than 30 caps for Spain and could be the answer to Liverpool's left wing problem.

According to the People, Liverpool's Spanish goalkeeper Reina has told Dalglish his international team-mate has what it takes to succeed in the Premier League.

The Reds are now said to be planning an £18 million bid for Cazorla. The player has a £28 million release clause in his contract, but Villarreal may be prepared to sell for a lower price if he indicates he wants to leave.

Liverpool were expected to move for Aston Villa's Stewart Downing as part of their summer spending spree, but a deal for Cazorla could mean they have no need for the England winger.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/866054-santi-cazorla-eyed-by-liverpool-as-part-of-kop-transfer-spree
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #23: Jun 12, 2011 12:43:33 pm
      Can't see us signing both Mata and Cazorla, both very similar players, would prefer mata
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #24: Jun 12, 2011 02:28:14 pm
      Special winger but I'd rather have Mata
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #25: Jun 12, 2011 05:37:19 pm
      I don't rate Carzola any where near as much as Mata. Rather Downing. I don't rate the lad over 10m and even then i would be hesitant because he's never impressed me for club nor country.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26: Jun 12, 2011 05:54:37 pm
      I've watched Villarreal a couple of times and never saw anything special from him to be honest, i haven't watched his individual performance that much though really so don't know if my opinion is credible. May have just been having the odd off game when i have watched Villarreal.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #27: Jun 13, 2011 01:14:11 am
      Cant we stick Cazorla on the right and have Mata on the left? I'd take it to be honest.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28: Jun 13, 2011 01:16:34 am
      He's comfortable on both sides of the pitch, I personally rate him highly, if we had him and Mata on the wings we would be 10x stronger than we are now
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #29: Jun 13, 2011 01:43:25 am
      Yeh i'd be pretty happy to sign him if im honest. The two of them would pretty much sum up a great summer of business for us. If we then got a left back as well we'd be in great shape for next season.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #30: Jun 13, 2011 08:47:15 am
      FIFA11 wise he is very good. Very Pacy, good finishing,passing, dribbling and shooting.
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #31: Jun 13, 2011 09:00:32 am
      Can't see this one going through but would be pleased if it did. Pacey, good cross and has been a big playerfor Villareal. With Rossi rumoured to be leaving then maybe he feels the club us taking wrong direction, who knows. Perhaps there maybe some truth ...
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #32: Jun 13, 2011 11:29:48 am

Dalglish eyes Cazorla swoop

13 June 2011

Kenny Dalglish could be ready to switch his wing targets to Spain international Santi Cazorla after Pepe Reina recommended him.

The Villarreal midfielder has won over 30 caps for his country and Reina has apparently told Dalglish that he would be perfect for the Reds if he could land him.

But the price may prove to be too much.

The 26-year-old has a buy out clause of £26m at Villarreal and that would probably prove to be too much for the player.

But if Dalglish could land him for around the £18 mark then a move could be back on the cards.

Liverpool were expected to move for Aston Villa's Stewart Downing but that remains in the balance and Dalglish could look elsewhere.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/06/071/New-winger-linked-/gnid-97265/
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #33: Jun 13, 2011 10:47:30 pm

Villareal midfielder in Reds sights

By Neil MacDonald
          Jun 13 2011

REPORTS of a move for Liverpool for Villareal midfielder Santi Cazorla gained traction over the weekend.

Cazorla is a winger who can play on either flank and is known for his change of pace.

It is rumoured that Kenny Dalglish was alerted to the player after a recommendation from Pepe Reina.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/06/13/liverpool-fc-rumour-mill-adam-in-talks-left-back-linked-swedish-teenager-tracked-cazorla-recommended-100252-28870724/2/
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #34: Jun 14, 2011 09:50:36 pm
      Not many players I'd look outside of our new "age range" scheme for but Carzorla is certainly one. The way he goes past players is breathtaking at times. Surely one of the most skilful players in the world.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #35: Jun 15, 2011 04:36:58 pm
      Spanish press: Villarreal inform Reds of price
      15th Jun 2011 - Transfer Gossip 
      60 CommentsEmailPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      According to Spanish daily AS, Villarreal have informed Liverpool of their asking price for midfielder Santi Cazorla.

The paper believes that the Spanish club are prepared to sell but only for €20million.

Cazorla himself is aware of the interest being shown from Liverpool, but is waiting to see whether the Reds are serious about making an offer.

The 26-year-old winger, can play on either flank and has 33 caps for Spain.

Source: Live4Liverpool.com

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: Live4Liverpool.com
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #36: Jun 15, 2011 04:41:12 pm
      If Downing is worth £20M, I'd pay €20M for Cazorla with a big smile on my face.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #37: Jun 15, 2011 05:06:48 pm
      Have to admit i don't know too much about him but he looks quality. Two great feet and his change of pace is unreal, is he worth the risk? €20m i don't know.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #38: Jun 15, 2011 05:32:05 pm
      Cazorla is pure class, and he would be a great addition!  That being said, I don't know how much I trust the rumors, but I would have him here in a heartbeat! 

His greatest attribute IMO is his creativity and unpredictability!  He is prone to making some errant passes that go to absolutely no one, but that is because even his teammates don't know what he is going to do half the time!  He is quick, agile, has great balance, and great ball control.  He is a very good passer (makes killer passes), and even has a pretty good shot on him.  I think he would be a great addition to our team! 
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #39: Jun 15, 2011 05:34:13 pm
      He is a very good player. Don't talk about him too much. Everybody knows Harry Redknapp and Fergie reads these pages.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #40: Jun 15, 2011 05:42:30 pm
      He seems to play in CM a lot or if he is playing on the wing then he keeps cutting inside. But in saying that Mata does exactly the same so.... is this fella the alternative if we don't get Mata?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #41: Jun 15, 2011 05:44:39 pm
      Really at a loss to understand why we would buy this lad at a similar price we would get a superior and younger player in Mata
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #42: Jun 15, 2011 05:56:03 pm
      Really at a loss to understand why we would buy this lad at a similar price we would get a superior and younger player in Mata

Good to have back-up options if Mata goes to Barca.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #43: Jun 15, 2011 05:58:39 pm

I don't think anyone is saying that we would be better off with Cazorla instead of Mata.  I think people are simply saying that Cazorla is also a quality player and would be a good addition to the team.  

We fans have no way of knowing how much either of these players will cost, or if they are even interested in coming to Liverpool.  But, we can speculate whether we think they would be a good addition, and whether they will fit in with our current crop of players.  I think Cazorla would be a great addition.  
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #44: Jun 15, 2011 07:04:05 pm

Because, he is almost as good as Mata, and is even more versatile than him ...
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #45: Jun 15, 2011 07:06:48 pm
      3 years older though Macred, I'd much prefer Mata
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #46: Jun 15, 2011 07:31:59 pm
      Imagine if we had both... that would be immense. I'm a huge fan of Cazorla, felt really disappointed when he wasn't selected to the World Cup squad, as he was very useful for Spain in the Euro 2008. It's amazing what he can do with the ball on his feet, a real playmaker, very smart, versatile, suits perfectly the idea of pass and move football.
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #47: Jun 15, 2011 07:35:13 pm
      Here's to hoping Comolli can work some magic ...
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #48: Jun 15, 2011 07:56:11 pm
      Imagine if we had both... that would be immense. I'm a huge fan of Cazorla, felt really disappointed when he wasn't selected to the World Cup squad, as he was very useful for Spain in the Euro 2008. It's amazing what he can do with the ball on his feet, a real playmaker, very smart, versatile, suits perfectly the idea of pass and move football.

I'd add to that from what I've seen Cazorla can certainly run at a man if required too.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #49: Jun 15, 2011 11:38:25 pm
      Santi is a great little player. very good with both feet & i always admired him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBrHTcnG6Ec
      Luis(beastmode)Suarez
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #50: Jun 16, 2011 01:02:43 am
      Man... he has some really high end skill, can pass with ease, and can play as an attacking mid, winger, or central mid... I will be overly pissed if we don't end up getting mata or him. Don't care if he's only like 168cm... this guy will challenge only suarez for the most skilled player on our team and no one else will be close to them. and he's bro's with pepe...!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #51: Jul 04, 2011 01:19:22 pm
      Liverpool wants to Cazorla

Link

Villarreal is a club that is guided by common sense when it comes to make the template. In half of the global economic crisis club makers understand that they must give yellow output to one or two players listed on the market to maintain the current level, as can challenge next season's Champions League qualifying round if it passes the .

Right now there are two players who have many girlfriends. This is the case of Rossi and Cazorla, also could highlight lesser extent goalkeeper Diego Lopez. Until recently it seemed that few dates Italian striker could end up in Barcelona for an amount of around twenty million euros, Bojan entered reduced if in the operation. It seems that this combination is very unlikely because Rossi is at Villarreal and Bojan is closer to ending up in Rome. Anyway, the front is followed by other clubs with less purchasing power and is not ruled out any negotiations bear fruit.

With this option slows down, is activated next. Here comes the name Santi Cazorla. The midfielder has been approached by Sheikh of Malaga and has joined the bidding in the last days Liverpool with a juicy offer. But Villarreal do not want to rush because of the amount of sales depends on the potential of reinforcements. The player prefers to remain in La Liga but the list of the English is by far superior
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Santiago Cazorla (Villarreal CF)
      Reply #52: Jul 04, 2011 01:26:48 pm
      Right now there are two players who have many girlfriends

I love Google Translate  :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #53: Jul 04, 2011 01:28:10 pm
      Right now there are two players who have many girlfriends

I love Google Translate  :D

I just took that as they were talking about Giggs and Terry. ;D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #54: Jul 04, 2011 01:38:13 pm
      Only just had a look on this & it seems that speculation on this player is gaining by the day.

I don't know much about him at all. But if Kenny is interested then I would have no problem at all in pursuing Cazorla.

Good to have back-up options if Mata goes to Barca.

Or Arsenal. But spot on, we've learned in the past not to rely too heavily on one player in the market. Gareth Barry anyone?
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #55: Jul 04, 2011 01:50:11 pm
      Great player much better than Downing.
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #56: Jul 04, 2011 03:21:47 pm
      Carroll

Mata Suarez Santi

*drool*
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #57: Jul 04, 2011 03:25:32 pm
      He's on his way to the newly-rich Malaga.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #58: Jul 04, 2011 03:59:52 pm
      He would be a dream signing for me. Hope he doesn't go to Malaga :(
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #59: Jul 04, 2011 07:27:19 pm
      MALAGA!! why would he leave Villareal to go there
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #60: Jul 04, 2011 07:31:41 pm
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #61: Jul 05, 2011 02:04:44 pm

Liverpool made to wait on Villarreal winger bid

Published 12:30 05/07/11

Liverpool will have to wait to find out if their bid for Villarreal winger Santi Cazorla has been successful, according to reports in Spain.

The Reds are believed to have already submitted an offer for the 26-year-old, but Villarreal are unwilling to consider selling him until they have found a replacement for the player.

Cazorla was a member of Spain's victorious Euro 2008 squad. However the midfielder – capped 34 times – missed the 2010 World Cup due to a hernia injury.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-made-to-wait-on-bid-for-Villarreal-winger-Santi-Cazorla-article758367.html
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #62: Jul 05, 2011 02:26:52 pm
      ^ Hopefully they find a replacement soon!  Santi is an excellent player, and would be a great fit in our team!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #63: Jul 05, 2011 02:29:52 pm
      MALAGA!! why would he leave Villareal to go there

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #64: Jul 05, 2011 03:57:40 pm
      Is the 'z' pronounced as 'th'?
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #65: Jul 05, 2011 04:10:03 pm
      The Mirror are reporting that Liverpool have made a bid for the excellent Santi Cazorla.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #66: Jul 05, 2011 04:11:58 pm

I'm no expert on Spanish rep but I think the 'z' is normally pronounced that way.

I've always liked the look of Cazorla and he can play on either side if I'm not mistaken, although I haven't seen much of him over the last season.

harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #67: Jul 05, 2011 04:27:01 pm

I'm no expert on Spanish rep but I think the 'z' is normally pronounced that way.

I've always liked the look of Cazorla and he can play on either side if I'm not mistaken, although I haven't seen much of him over the last season.

Depends on the geography of the Spanish.  In Spain, "z" is pronounced "th"..... in Latin America, "z" is pronounced as "s"

Hope this helps ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #68: Jul 05, 2011 04:29:02 pm
      Depends on the geography of the Spanish.  In Spain, "z" is pronounced "th"..... in Latin America, "z" is pronounced as "s"

Hope this helps ;)

So him being from Spain would mean both Rep and I were right then  ;) :D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #69: Jul 05, 2011 04:53:14 pm
      It's odd, I know the player and know how he plays but I've never noticed how they pronounce his name. Thanks for the help though, I suspect it is pronounced Cathorla.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #70: Jul 05, 2011 09:19:22 pm
      Liverpool made to wait on Villarreal winger bid

Published 12:30 05/07/11

Liverpool will have to wait to find out if their bid for Villarreal winger Santi Cazorla has been successful, according to reports in Spain.

The Reds are believed to have already submitted an offer for the 26-year-old, but Villarreal are unwilling to consider selling him until they have found a replacement for the player.

Cazorla was a member of Spain's victorious Euro 2008 squad. However the midfielder – capped 34 times – missed the 2010 World Cup due to a hernia injury.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-made-to-wait-on-bid-for-Villarreal-winger-Santi-Cazorla-article758367.html

Twitter rumors saying that Villareal are looking at Sergio Canales.  They are suggesting that he will be a replacement for Cazorla.  I hope this is true :)
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #71: Jul 05, 2011 09:55:39 pm
      I. Want. Cazorla.
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #72: Jul 05, 2011 10:05:37 pm
      Would be an excellent way to silent the doubters. He's one of the most skilful players in the world. Think Yossi Benayoun but a trillion times better.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #73: Jul 05, 2011 10:12:15 pm
      Loving this rumour, really hope we're serious about him.
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #74: Jul 05, 2011 10:15:35 pm
      Loving this rumour, really hope we're serious about him.

Not only for him but surely for the fact that it shows the kind of quality we are looking at overall.

Downing and Adam don't add up to me if Cazorla is a real target.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #75: Jul 05, 2011 11:33:35 pm
      Cazorla is beast. Imagine if we got him and Mata.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #76: Jul 26, 2011 11:57:32 pm
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #77: Jul 27, 2011 01:36:17 am
      Shame great player. :(
      I think Pepe reccomended him as he has lost all his Spanish buds. ;)

Quick Reply