Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Roy Hodgson says he needs to bring in his own players like Harry Redknapp

Read 9229 times
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Roy Hodgson says he needs to bring in his own players like Harry Redknapp
      Reply #69: Dec 20, 2010 01:17:03 pm
      The most likeley thing is that he wants NESV to give him money to spend, And he will blow it on sh*t fulham players. As previously saud Meireles is the only good signing he has made, I mean...Konchesky, Poulsen, Cole. 3 of the worst players to wear the reds shirt. NESV don't give this guy money, Bring in Rafa or King Kenny and get us out of this mess.

Hodgson Out.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #70: Dec 20, 2010 01:22:38 pm
      I can see why JD blocked the new additions for now.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #71: Dec 20, 2010 01:30:53 pm
      What Roy said was a joke, he does not have the right to sprout this nonsense. He has a fantastically strong side, and 101% good enough to beat the likes of Blackpool and Northampton. And here he is at it again, in the media pleading for time. Not good enough Roy.

Basically he's trying to say...

"Dont blame me because we're not doing well, blame it on Rafa its his squad not mine."

Not good enough. This is a squad that routinely should be finishing top four. Fair enough you had -25M net spend, but you wasted so much cash on Konchesky, Poulsen, and Cole was a PR decision rather than a footballing decision.

Out of the door.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #72: Dec 20, 2010 01:45:14 pm
      To be fair most managers make some huge mistakes with their first signings, often bringing players they were scouting in their previous club, or knowing from a time ago, who aren't suited for the club they lead now or aren't as good as they were.

Hodgson decided to bet on two experienced players who were very good at some point of their carreer (Cole and Poulsen) but out of form and their first team since several years, two players who could very well have been excellent signing for cheap prices if they managed to recover their best level ; and a third more average he had good relations with in his former club, while he lacked money to buy a better left back. None succeeded but this kind of things happen.

Rafa signed players like Josemi, Houillier the likes of Ferri and Cheyrou, etc... everyone make mistakes. All signed far better players later (and Roy last signing Raul was one).

Advised by Comolli and under scrutiny by NESV, I doubt to see Hodgson sign Carlton Cole and ex-Fulham players some reporters find fun to link with us.

I see him more probably listening to the Comolli scout team (or being forced to by owners) and signing some good young prospects, then if they succeed steal the popularity saying that he chosen them. "Look now that I've made my team things are going better", etc... This declaration may be a way to prepare that. And he may also have some perfectly valid personnal choices, after all he signed Mereiles.

So I wouldn't be worried if Liverpool spend money this january (I would rather be more worried if we spend none) even if Roy is still there (would anyway be worried if he is not sacked after another away defeat but it's another story).

The main problem with Roy are his prehistoric tactics and incapacity to motivate players away from home. I don't think there is an evidence that he is far worse than other managers for transfers, he was just an unlucky beter so far, as some others before him. And if he is the owners have put the structure needed to avoid too many casting errors.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #73: Dec 20, 2010 01:49:31 pm
      Yes Roy your signings were fantastic: Konchesky and Poulsen. Continue like that and we'll be like your team in no time -Fulham.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #74: Dec 20, 2010 01:58:00 pm
      Out
      Torres
      Reina
      Agger
      Lucas
      N'Gog

In
      Carlton Cole
      Schwarzer
      Wheater
      Murphy
      Johnson

Lets judge him then!!
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #75: Dec 20, 2010 02:01:11 pm
      Oh dear, pass the buck, pass the blame, anything except own up to the fact that his tactics F***ing suck.

Now he's wanting the same backing as 'arry had, maybe he can F**k off and write for the s*n when he gets the boot, just like 'arry does.

Or maybe, we can look at the way the press treat different people - 'arry gets treated as some kind of genius for "wheeling and dealing" when all it really is, is a sell to buy policy, which our previous manager got cricified for.

Maybe woy wants the same kinid of "tax breaks" that arry enjoys, or maybe he wants to overspend and leave the club in chaos and administration.

Alternatively, maybe woy is getting his sly little digs in early at Commolli - it's all his fault for buying the wrong players.

The wrong side of 30 is the only players woy will bring in, and if he were given control of money, that's what we'd see.

He's on the back foot, he's facing the sack, but he doesn't even have the dignity to take one on the chin once in a while.

The players we have should be doiong a LOT better, and the reason they aren't is because of the way they are set up, the "tactics" employed and the safety first nature of the manager.

Never in a million years should he be given money to spend.

If he wants to be like arry, he should F**k off to west ham.
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #76: Dec 20, 2010 02:04:37 pm
      Out
      Torres
      Reina
      Agger
      Lucas
      N'Gog

In
      Carlton Cole
      Schwarzer
      Wheater
      Murphy
      Johnson

Lets judge him then!!

Dam straight we cant afford to let this happen that would F**k the club up for years to come. Its a shame the Fulham game was called off because they would have beaten us I think and that would have been it over and done then
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #77: Dec 20, 2010 02:06:10 pm
      You're only a caretaker, Mr. Hodgson...
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #78: Dec 20, 2010 02:22:05 pm
      You're only a caretaker, Mr. Hodgson...

Try telling that to the man with '35 years of experience' in management....  :roll:
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #79: Dec 20, 2010 02:55:00 pm
      I wouldn't trust him with any more singings. even free transfers.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #80: Dec 20, 2010 02:59:50 pm
      Try telling that to the man with '35 years of experience' in management....  :roll:

I've been writing for 35 years, but it doesn't make me F***ing shakespeare   ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #81: Dec 20, 2010 03:02:05 pm
      I came out of a c**t 32 years ago, doesnt mean I am one...oh hang on :D
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #82: Dec 20, 2010 03:12:23 pm
      Well Roy ! another classic statement from you this one!...what you are really saying is the team /squad that you now have are not doing the job you want them to ,so is it the players who aren't up to your very high standard like Poulsen and Konchesky ,or is the fact that they cannot believe the lack of strategy and tactical awareness from you ? and the million dollar question is ..who would you replace ..all of them ? please NESV don't give money to Roy to buy his 'dream' players !
      redjames83
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #83: Dec 20, 2010 04:15:55 pm
      Talk about passing the buck! No matter how difficult it was in th esummer re transfers etc.. we are a lot better than our current league position suggests and Hodgson has to take responsibility for that.

I agree he is only a caretaker, he was the only person eho eould take the job in the summer. I suspect NESV will get rid at the end of the seaso. They have six-seven months from now until then to sound out a decent replacement.
      neilo
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #84: Dec 20, 2010 05:49:21 pm
      If (please god no)he gets to buy players then surely it would be to suit his style of play(wimbledon)so Comolli will have no input because i believe he wants to buy footballers so why don't John and Tom end this charade and get rid now.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #85: Dec 20, 2010 05:57:48 pm
      A lot of people giving Woy credit for signing Meireles but when you consider that he admitted didn't even know where to play him (and he's only now in the middle due to Gerrard's absence), I have some doubts as to whether he was actually Woy's target anyway.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #86: Dec 20, 2010 05:59:22 pm
      Konchesky and Poulson names should be given to him by NESV when he looks for money and his F***ing ridiculous pursuit of Carlton Cole.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #87: Dec 20, 2010 06:06:09 pm
      A lot of people giving Woy credit for signing Meireles but when you consider that he admitted didn't even know where to play him (and he's only now in the middle due to Gerrard's absence), I have some doubts as to whether he was actually Woy's target anyway.

The deal was set up under Rafa's reign.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #88: Dec 20, 2010 06:21:18 pm

This.

I was hoping we would get Cole too, I don't think anyone thought he would be THIS bad. I mean he's a shell of what he used to be. I wasn't a fan of the Poulsen signing but he used to be decent (many moons ago). Still no excuse for the buy though, would have much rather kept Aquilani obviously. Konchesky, well, nothing needs to be said.

I hope Commolli has more to say than Woy in Januawy. 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #89: Dec 20, 2010 06:29:52 pm
      Didn't hear Rafa complaining about inheriting Gerard Houllier's squad.  He just went on and won the European Cup with it. ;)

Class Post Mate.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #90: Dec 20, 2010 06:32:43 pm
      Why is every thread turning into abuse lately?

...because Frustration always turns to Anger.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #91: Dec 20, 2010 06:38:04 pm
      And anger is the path to the darkside... ???

Quick Reply