Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Davide Santon (Inter)

Read 8706 times
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Davide Santon (Inter)
      Dec 21, 2010 11:29:38 am
      Liverpool are hoping to sign Inter Milan youngster Davide Santon as Roy Hodgson looks to bring in more youthful talent to help build for the future.

The talented teenage Italian international has been told he can leave the San Siro and a host of clubs are looking to secure his signature and given the much publicised reports of a falling out between Hodgson and England international Glen Johnson the reports of interest in another right back are no surprise.

Santon has spent the past two seasons trying valiantly to fight for his place with the Serie A giants but is now looking for a new challenge and has been strongly linked with a move to the Premier League with the likes of Tottenham and Chelsea reportedly interested in the attack minded wide man who can also operate in an advanced right wing role.

Ironically Liverpool's hopes of signing the £8m rated Inter Milan starlet may be helped if Rafa Benitez, as widely reported, is sacked as the former Anfield boss may not be so keen to sell to a club who gave him the axe.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/liverpool-line-up-move-for-8m-inter-milan-youngster
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Davide Santon (Inter)
      Reply #1: Dec 21, 2010 12:01:21 pm
      Id take him. Terrific talent. Been stagnated somewhat being behind Maicon but definitely good enough.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2: Dec 21, 2010 12:03:03 pm
      Would take him too, definetly one for the future.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #3: Dec 21, 2010 12:20:04 pm
      Seems like it's secure Glen will leave. However Santon is a terrific talent. I remember him marking perfectly Ronaldo when Inter met scums 2 or 3 years ago in CHL.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #4: Dec 21, 2010 01:09:54 pm
      Santon is a left back by trade, Glen is a right back.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #5: Dec 21, 2010 01:20:05 pm
      Santon can play on both right and left back positions. He's right footed so I'd prefer him on the right, but he can also be a top top left back in the future. Kelly on the right and Santon on the left after 3-4 years would be a dream come true.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #6: Dec 21, 2010 01:56:55 pm
      Santon can play on both right and left back positions. He's right footed so I'd prefer him on the right, but he can also be a top top left back in the future. Kelly on the right and Santon on the left after 3-4 years would be a dream come true.
      Rafa has played him on the left wing too don't know how natural in that position he is though.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #7: Dec 21, 2010 01:58:58 pm
      I hope we can hang on to Glen and get Santon.  This would allow us to sell Konch as he is useless!  When Dagger gets fit I'd play a back line of:

Glen   Kelly   Agger   Santon

Can you imagine the quality of football that back line would be capable of?!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Dec 21, 2010 03:20:50 pm
      I always go after him in Fifa. He is class in the game and is good in both fullback positions. I also want to see more depth in those positions so we can give Kelly time at Centerback. I'm all for this!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #9: Dec 23, 2010 04:24:08 pm
      Seems versatile, young and talented. Perfect fit for the NESV principle and at 8 million I'd go for it, especially if Johnson is really on the way out.
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2010 04:32:09 pm by artaylor »
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #10: Dec 23, 2010 04:26:48 pm
      Huge F***ing talent. Would welcome here in a second.
      funkieni
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #11: Dec 24, 2010 11:46:14 am
      would absolutely love for him to be on the team! if we could get him and aly cissokho on left that would be effin brilliant.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #12: Dec 24, 2010 12:43:44 pm
      Would be tough to actually sign and I would think that the fee would be high enough given his age and potential.

Saying that, would love to see him at Liverpool.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #13: Dec 24, 2010 02:29:10 pm
      I'm pretty sure that having two Glen Johnson's isn't the best thing for us. Santon is great going foward, but suspect at the back I'm pretty sure.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14: Dec 24, 2010 09:13:12 pm
      Would be a cracking signing i reckon, bags of potential.
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #15: Dec 26, 2010 11:29:25 pm
      Yes please!
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #16: Jan 07, 2011 05:57:22 pm
      Linked with us again today, but its from GiveMeFootball.  I'd be thrilled with this lad.  He could take over as the 1st choice LB and split time with Aurelio.  He could also provide us with another option at RB in case Johno is tired/injured.  This would allow Kelly to move into a central position, and hopefully he and Agger could keep Sotis and Skrtel on the sidelines.  I think a back four of  (Johno  Kelly  Agger  Santon)  would be F***ing stellar!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #17: Jan 07, 2011 06:08:57 pm
      More of a wing back if anything. A very good prospect though, and one we would be doing well to sign.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #19: Jan 07, 2011 07:22:53 pm
      I hope we can hang on to Glen and get Santon.  This would allow us to sell Konch as he is useless!  When Dagger gets fit I'd play a back line of:

Glen   Kelly   Agger   Santon

Can you imagine the quality of football that back line would be capable of?!

Good back 4 but would need a defensive mid to just defend, lot like Chelsea and mikel. I think santon can be one of the best full backs in the world. Now this is the talent we should be after.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #20: Jan 08, 2011 06:03:01 am
      Coupled with M'Vila who looked very good for France not long ago and it could be a goer! Oh to have Masch, still...
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #21: Jan 08, 2011 12:49:30 pm
      Good back 4 but would need a defensive mid to just defend, lot like Chelsea and mikel. I think santon can be one of the best full backs in the world. Now this is the talent we should be after.

This. Reckon Kenny will go after him?
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #22: Jan 08, 2011 12:52:52 pm
      This. Reckon Kenny will go after him?

I think Comolli will list a few targets then Kenny will choose if there good enough for Liverpool or not. I trust Comolli so hopefully he will locate the right players. If santon is on that list then sure, Kenny knows quality and for someone so young to have this much quality should be an easy decision. I don't see a defensive mid coming in January though. If we have 2 very attacking full backs so we will probably concede a few goals until we get a good defensive mid. I would go for yann, contract running up and is only 20 but I doubt will we get him January, maybe summer.

Quick Reply