Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Davide Santon (Inter)

Read 8696 times
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Davide Santon (Inter)
      Dec 21, 2010 11:29:38 am
      Liverpool are hoping to sign Inter Milan youngster Davide Santon as Roy Hodgson looks to bring in more youthful talent to help build for the future.

The talented teenage Italian international has been told he can leave the San Siro and a host of clubs are looking to secure his signature and given the much publicised reports of a falling out between Hodgson and England international Glen Johnson the reports of interest in another right back are no surprise.

Santon has spent the past two seasons trying valiantly to fight for his place with the Serie A giants but is now looking for a new challenge and has been strongly linked with a move to the Premier League with the likes of Tottenham and Chelsea reportedly interested in the attack minded wide man who can also operate in an advanced right wing role.

Ironically Liverpool's hopes of signing the £8m rated Inter Milan starlet may be helped if Rafa Benitez, as widely reported, is sacked as the former Anfield boss may not be so keen to sell to a club who gave him the axe.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/liverpool-line-up-move-for-8m-inter-milan-youngster
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Davide Santon (Inter)
      Reply #1: Dec 21, 2010 12:01:21 pm
      Id take him. Terrific talent. Been stagnated somewhat being behind Maicon but definitely good enough.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2: Dec 21, 2010 12:03:03 pm
      Would take him too, definetly one for the future.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #3: Dec 21, 2010 12:20:04 pm
      Seems like it's secure Glen will leave. However Santon is a terrific talent. I remember him marking perfectly Ronaldo when Inter met scums 2 or 3 years ago in CHL.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #4: Dec 21, 2010 01:09:54 pm
      Santon is a left back by trade, Glen is a right back.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #5: Dec 21, 2010 01:20:05 pm
      Santon can play on both right and left back positions. He's right footed so I'd prefer him on the right, but he can also be a top top left back in the future. Kelly on the right and Santon on the left after 3-4 years would be a dream come true.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #6: Dec 21, 2010 01:56:55 pm
      Santon can play on both right and left back positions. He's right footed so I'd prefer him on the right, but he can also be a top top left back in the future. Kelly on the right and Santon on the left after 3-4 years would be a dream come true.
      Rafa has played him on the left wing too don't know how natural in that position he is though.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #7: Dec 21, 2010 01:58:58 pm
      I hope we can hang on to Glen and get Santon.  This would allow us to sell Konch as he is useless!  When Dagger gets fit I'd play a back line of:

Glen   Kelly   Agger   Santon

Can you imagine the quality of football that back line would be capable of?!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Dec 21, 2010 03:20:50 pm
      I always go after him in Fifa. He is class in the game and is good in both fullback positions. I also want to see more depth in those positions so we can give Kelly time at Centerback. I'm all for this!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #9: Dec 23, 2010 04:24:08 pm
      Seems versatile, young and talented. Perfect fit for the NESV principle and at 8 million I'd go for it, especially if Johnson is really on the way out.
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2010 04:32:09 pm by artaylor »
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #10: Dec 23, 2010 04:26:48 pm
      Huge F***ing talent. Would welcome here in a second.
      funkieni
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #11: Dec 24, 2010 11:46:14 am
      would absolutely love for him to be on the team! if we could get him and aly cissokho on left that would be effin brilliant.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #12: Dec 24, 2010 12:43:44 pm
      Would be tough to actually sign and I would think that the fee would be high enough given his age and potential.

Saying that, would love to see him at Liverpool.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #13: Dec 24, 2010 02:29:10 pm
      I'm pretty sure that having two Glen Johnson's isn't the best thing for us. Santon is great going foward, but suspect at the back I'm pretty sure.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14: Dec 24, 2010 09:13:12 pm
      Would be a cracking signing i reckon, bags of potential.
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #15: Dec 26, 2010 11:29:25 pm
      Yes please!
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #16: Jan 07, 2011 05:57:22 pm
      Linked with us again today, but its from GiveMeFootball.  I'd be thrilled with this lad.  He could take over as the 1st choice LB and split time with Aurelio.  He could also provide us with another option at RB in case Johno is tired/injured.  This would allow Kelly to move into a central position, and hopefully he and Agger could keep Sotis and Skrtel on the sidelines.  I think a back four of  (Johno  Kelly  Agger  Santon)  would be F***ing stellar!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #17: Jan 07, 2011 06:08:57 pm
      More of a wing back if anything. A very good prospect though, and one we would be doing well to sign.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #19: Jan 07, 2011 07:22:53 pm
      I hope we can hang on to Glen and get Santon.  This would allow us to sell Konch as he is useless!  When Dagger gets fit I'd play a back line of:

Glen   Kelly   Agger   Santon

Can you imagine the quality of football that back line would be capable of?!

Good back 4 but would need a defensive mid to just defend, lot like Chelsea and mikel. I think santon can be one of the best full backs in the world. Now this is the talent we should be after.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #20: Jan 08, 2011 06:03:01 am
      Coupled with M'Vila who looked very good for France not long ago and it could be a goer! Oh to have Masch, still...
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #21: Jan 08, 2011 12:49:30 pm
      Good back 4 but would need a defensive mid to just defend, lot like Chelsea and mikel. I think santon can be one of the best full backs in the world. Now this is the talent we should be after.

This. Reckon Kenny will go after him?
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #22: Jan 08, 2011 12:52:52 pm
      This. Reckon Kenny will go after him?

I think Comolli will list a few targets then Kenny will choose if there good enough for Liverpool or not. I trust Comolli so hopefully he will locate the right players. If santon is on that list then sure, Kenny knows quality and for someone so young to have this much quality should be an easy decision. I don't see a defensive mid coming in January though. If we have 2 very attacking full backs so we will probably concede a few goals until we get a good defensive mid. I would go for yann, contract running up and is only 20 but I doubt will we get him January, maybe summer.
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #23: Jan 08, 2011 01:15:42 pm
      Always buy him in my manager game, taking 2 spots on the reserve seats in a game able to play DL and DR, and a young talent on paper.
      But now RH gone so dunno if interest continue.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24: Mar 29, 2011 02:13:39 am

Liverpool will reportedly attempt to land Inter Milan left back Davide Santon by offering Alberto Aquilani in return for the talented young Italian international. Anfield director of football has identified the young San Siro full back as an ideal answer to what has become a problem position and believe that by offering a swap deal they may well persuade Nerazzurri boss Leonardo to sell.

Santon is considered one of the hottest prospects in Italian football but is finding it next to impossible to dislodge either Maicon or Christian Chivu who currently occupy the wide areas of the Inter Milan defence. The 20 year old has therefore been farmed out on loan to struggling Cesena.

Though Santon can operate on either flank Comolli would look to the attack minded Italian to ply his trade on the left as the right side of Liverpool’s defence seems covered with youngster Martin Kelly proving a very able customer and Glen Johnson also available in that position.

Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani is currently out on loan to Juventus but the Turin side are unwilling to come close to the valuation placed on the former Roma man and the Merseyside outfit are not willing to budge on price so will look instead to offer the proven Italian international in a swap deal to land Santon.

Leonardo may well be interested in such a deal as he seems likely to offload the likes of Sulley Muntari (on loan to Sunderland) whilst Dejan Stankovic and Esteban Cambiasso are both getting on in years and the signing of the 26 year old Liverpool man may represent a good bit of business for all parties concerned.
      shrey024
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #25: Mar 29, 2011 03:43:59 pm
      Should definitely buy him
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #26: Aug 26, 2011 10:50:37 pm
      What do you reckon, any chance of this lad coming in? Would love to see him here and compete with Enrique for a place at Left Back. Although he can play right back i think we are pretty well sorted there with Kelly, Johnson and Flanno. As it stands we only really have Enrique for left back because lets face it, Aurelio isn't going to even play 10 games this season due to always being injured. Nothing reliable but have seen a few articles about us and him. We shall see though, just worth a punt IMO.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #27: Aug 26, 2011 10:55:12 pm
      Jack Robinson?
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #28: Aug 26, 2011 10:55:56 pm
      Doubt we're going to spend more money on a left-back, we've spent over £50m now this window already.  Plus, we've got Enrique, Aurelio, Robinson and Insua.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #29: Aug 26, 2011 10:58:37 pm
      Bit confused as to why this was brought up again? :-\
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #30: Aug 26, 2011 11:01:39 pm

Young Jack is of course there too but at his age and only a few games under his belt doesn't mean he is ready to be competing for a place in the team week in week out. Don't get me wrong, I'm not writing him off in any way shape or form because he has played well, very well actually at times but I don't think it would be a good idea to rush him straight into the team or anything, he has a long future ahead of him and will be a cracking player but I would rather see him introduced gradually. I think the same about Flanno but it would be great to see Enrique and Santon there with Robinson starting to put pressure on the both of them, don't you agree?
      If Enrique got injured for a significant period of time then I dont think it would be a good idea to be relying on Robinson to take his place, especially seeing as if he starts to struggle then it will mean putting a player there who isn't 100% comfortable with that position.

Doubt we're going to spend more money on a left-back, we've spent over £50m now this window already.  Plus, we've got Enrique, Aurelio, Robinson and Insua.

Aurelio who is always injured, Robinson (see above) and Insua who's sh*te and will probably never play for this club ever again?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #31: Aug 26, 2011 11:34:48 pm
      Enrique, Aurelio, Robinson, Insua, Johnson, Wilson and Agger can all play LB (the last two in an injury crisis obviously).

Can't see us buying another one.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #32: Aug 26, 2011 11:43:10 pm
      Enrique, Aurelio, Robinson, Insua, Johnson, Wilson and Agger can all play LB (the last two in an injury crisis obviously).

Can't see us buying another one.

Yes but as i said before, Aurelio will barely play, Robinson isn't really ready yet and Insua is crap and will probably be off any i'd imagine, Johson isn't a natural left back and as you said about the last 2.

Would people really rather this not happen? What ever happened to having strength and depth to the squad. We have been crying out for left backs for the last few seasons!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #33: Aug 26, 2011 11:57:26 pm

Just out of curiosity ... Has anyone actually watched Santon over the past 2 seasons ?

He's been dreadful  ... Insua is a better left back at the moment ...
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #34: Aug 27, 2011 12:09:18 am
      Just out of curiosity ... Has anyone actually watched Santon over the past 2 seasons ?

He's been dreadful  ... Insua is a better left back at the moment ...

Surely you must have an article about it...................... ........................ .......................?
      Fcuck me if you don't?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #35: Aug 27, 2011 12:15:55 am
      Surely you must have an article about it...................... ........................ .......................?
      Fcuck me if you don't?

Nah, I just watch Serie A ...

You don't ?
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #36: Aug 27, 2011 12:21:35 am
      Nah, I just watch Serie A ...

You don't ?

since you where banned im sure its all you could watch. oh no even their games are suspended this weekend. cant beat your own company hey.anyway cut,copy,paste what you know about this one.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #37: Aug 27, 2011 12:27:04 am
      since you where banned im sure its all you could watch. oh no even their games are suspended this weekend. cant beat your own company hey.anyway cut,copy,paste what you know about this one.

So basically, you are trying to tell me that you don't watch Serie A ... Do you watch any football at all ?
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #38: Aug 27, 2011 12:29:52 am
      i dont see why mac_reds opinions are being dismissed because he posts alot of articles?
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #39: Aug 27, 2011 12:33:51 am
      So basically, you are trying to tell me that you don't watch Serie A ... Do you watch any football at all ?

Serie A is on strike for a start. I follow grass roots football. My team is Shelbourne. Ever hear of them? Before you start "my team" sh*te i mean L.F.C. is my Club but as a child Shel's were the team to get me on the road to L.F.C. As a matter of interest MacNugget have you ever even been to Liverpool as a city/
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2011 12:47:46 am by daveyd »
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #40: Aug 27, 2011 12:46:53 am
      I follow grass roots football. My team is Shelbourne. Ever hear of them?

To be honest, I am not the biggest fan of Gaelic football ...
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #41: Aug 27, 2011 12:51:04 am

Gaelic football or Irish football? ;)
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #42: Aug 27, 2011 12:57:03 am

explain as best you can so? back on topic this is one sh*te stirring cnut. Davide Santon would be no addition to Kenny's plan's
      Gaelic football or Irish football? ;)
      Big difference. Watch Sunday@3.30 on Irish tv
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #43: Aug 27, 2011 08:09:09 pm
      Alrighty. Back on topic.

0% chance i think.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #44: Aug 29, 2011 10:12:10 am

Toon make breakthrough in full-back chase after agreeing deal for Santon

28th August 2011

Newcastle United have agreed a £5million deal for Inter Milan full-back Davide Santon.

Manager Alan Pardew has turned to the 20-year-old Italy international after hitting a snag in negotiations over PSV Eindhoven defender Erik Pieters.

Santon can play either side and has progressed through the ranks at Inter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2031188/Newcastle-agree-deal-Inter-Milans-Davide-Santon.html
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #45: Aug 29, 2011 10:17:16 am

I F***ing love this statement.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #46: Aug 29, 2011 10:25:40 am

Is that because you are only 5 feet tall ,back on topic I think this talk of Santon coming to Anfield is a load of garbage.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #47: Aug 29, 2011 10:48:59 am
      Is that because you are only 5 feet tall

Nope, I am 5'10" and have played proper football all my life ...
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #48: Aug 29, 2011 10:51:17 am
      Nope, I am 5'10" and have played proper football all my life ...

Still haven't mastered the full stop yet though :roll:
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #49: Aug 29, 2011 10:52:29 am

Nether have you, judging by that post ...
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #50: Aug 29, 2011 11:19:16 am

I must admit that was quite ironic for sure.

Okay, I'll just shut up.  :laugh:

I think Santon is a good player with fantastic potential but we haven't been linked for him and we've got plenty of full backs for now so I can be safe to say that a deal or potential move for him looks unlikely.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #51: Aug 29, 2011 11:48:23 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

But:

May the smutty jokes about nether regions commence! :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #52: Aug 29, 2011 02:05:39 pm
      Could be a bargain that.

I really liked him when he broke through for Inter. At Cesena he was surrounded with sh*te so couldn't really judge him a lot.

Will watch him closely.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #53: Aug 29, 2011 04:05:19 pm
      Yep, will watch with interest and in five years time when Enrique is 30, we can pick him up on a free ;)
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #54: Aug 30, 2011 11:39:31 am

Inter Milan defender Davide Santon has medical at Newcastle

Tuesday, 30 August 2011 11:12 UK

Inter Milan defender Davide Santon is having a medical at Newcastle United, BBC Sport understands.

The two clubs are understood to have agreed a fee in the region of £5m for the 20-year-old Italy international.

Santon spent the second half of last season on loan at Cesena after falling out of favour at Inter, initially under former manager Jose Mourinho.

Newcastle are also still trying to sign Charlton goalkeeper Rob Elliot after having a £100,000 bid turned down.

Santon, who was described as 'the new Paolo Maldini' earlier in his career, has won seven international caps for Italy.

Magpies manager Alan Pardew has been searching for a full-back since Jose Enrique left for Liverpool in a £6m deal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14716581.stm
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #55: Aug 30, 2011 12:16:57 pm
      He is no longer linked with us and seems Newcastle bound.

Locked.

Quick Reply