Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pepe Reina tips Liverpool to win Premier League next season

Read 6006 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Pepe Reina tips Liverpool to win Premier League next season
      Dec 22, 2010 02:41:12 pm
      Pepe Reina tips Liverpool to win Premier League next season and is committed to Anfield cause
      Pepe Reina is confident Liverpool will be challenging for the Premier League title next season.

Full steam ahead: Pepe Reina believes Liverpool are good enough to challenge for honours in next year or so Photo: REUTERS
      9:28AM GMT 22 Dec 2010
      Despite a turbulent 12 months which has seen Rafael Benitez leave the club, new owners replace George Gillett and Tom Hicks and a poor start to the current campaign, the Liverpool goalkeeper feels the club should be challenging for honours again soon.
      “I hope within a year, or a couple of years, we can be up there again.” Reina said.
      “We want to be back competing with the top clubs again. That is how it should be.”
      Reina, who tasted success with Spain at the World Cup in South Africa, has warned Liverpool fans not to expect too much from the current campaign.
      Liverpool sit ninth in the table with question marks already hanging over the future of manager Roy Hodgson.

Despite the turmoil and speculation that Reina wants to leave Anfield, the Spaniard has insisted he is committed to the cause.
      “I have a contract for another five-and-a-half years," he told the Daily Mail.
      “I am committed here and I want us to win titles. What else can I say or do? It is something the press talks about.
      “All I want to talk about is Liverpool and hopefully finishing as high as we can. That is where Liverpool should be year in, year out.
      “That is what we want and that is what we are all looking for. We will hope it can be that way again but, at the moment, it is not like that.
      “We have to be realistic and at the minute we are fighting for different targets."
      Under new owners, NESV, who took control in October, Reina feels the club is moving in the right direction.
      “Now the owners are bringing back the positivity. Hopefully we can develop something good.
      “I haven't spoken to them much but you can see they are doing everything with a lot of thought.
      “It is encouraging that they are thinking about what to do and when to do it. We have to give them time.”
      He also targetted Liverpool's FA Cup third-round contest with Manchester United as a potential turning point to their season.
      “It could transform things if we win there (Old Trafford). Our aim is to win every title we are involved in but we have to recognise it is not the best draw.
      “But it is not the best draw for them. It is going to be a tough game. All we can do is aim to finish as high as we can. Maybe 2011 will be like a fresh start.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8218681/Pepe-Reina-tips-Liverpool-to-win-Premier-League-next-season-and-is-committed-to-Anfield-cause.html
      « Last Edit: Dec 22, 2010 04:51:57 pm by Bpatel »
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,133 posts | 127 
      Re: Pepe Reina tips Liverpool to win Premier League next season and is committed to
      Reply #1: Dec 22, 2010 02:50:21 pm
      We need a team of Reinas.
      Pure Class
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Pepe Reina tips Liverpool to win Premier League next season and is committed to
      Reply #2: Dec 22, 2010 02:53:30 pm
      Love his condidence.

Does he know something we don't?

Or are things so bad that he's hit the Sangria!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #3: Dec 22, 2010 03:00:15 pm
      A bit of liberty taken by the Telegraph's headline writers there as he doesn't actually tip us to win the League next season. Nice words from Pepe and just what i've come to expect from a true club-man and legend in my eyes.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #4: Dec 22, 2010 03:04:26 pm
      Nice one Pepe your commitment means alot to all of us, and your confidence is well received at this moment in time . It might just be what we need over the christmas period to shove us up the league .
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #5: Dec 22, 2010 03:06:57 pm
      Always has positive stuff to say does Reina. Full of heart, commitment and desire he is. And all for Liverpool too. If only all our players shouwed the same.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #6: Dec 22, 2010 03:13:44 pm
      Good old Pepe.

Maybe his sudden confidence is because of the imminent arrival of a former manager? I wish anyway.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #7: Dec 22, 2010 03:20:49 pm
      Legend. My favourite player in our current squad.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #8: Dec 22, 2010 03:36:05 pm
      The man always has something positive to say. Who can't love him?
      kenny the king
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts |
      • at the end of the storm there,s a golden sky
      Reply #9: Dec 22, 2010 03:41:44 pm
      love the spirit, we need a team of reinas ,legend..
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #10: Dec 22, 2010 03:46:24 pm
      Love his confidence. I say bring it on, We could well win it next season, although not under Roy ufortunatley.

Well in Pepe.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #11: Dec 22, 2010 04:13:21 pm
      Glad to hear him commit his future again,never thought it was in doubt myself anyway!
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #12: Dec 22, 2010 04:17:42 pm
      I heart Pepe
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #13: Dec 22, 2010 04:18:44 pm
      pepe's talking about challenging for the league, winning trophies, beating utd in their back yard...the man has ambition and desire...

roy talks about finishing top half of the league table...
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #14: Dec 22, 2010 04:21:56 pm
      Anyone else notice that he didn't mention Roy once? Maybe he knows something will happen?
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #15: Dec 22, 2010 04:21:58 pm
      Love his condidence.

Does he know something we don't?

Or are things so bad that he's hit the Sangria!

:lmao:  Exactly what i thought when i read it!!

You have to love this man- must be great to have in the dressing room.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #16: Dec 22, 2010 04:50:49 pm
      Legend.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Pepe Reina tips Liverpool to win Premier League next season
      Reply #17: Dec 22, 2010 04:54:58 pm
      I'll have what he's smoking :p
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #18: Dec 22, 2010 04:58:47 pm
      We're 12 points begind 1st place. Why not try to to play as well as everyone can and try to do something this season?
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: Dec 22, 2010 05:02:31 pm
      Love Pepe! Was he born in Liverpool?!?!
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #20: Dec 22, 2010 05:26:57 pm
      Love Pepe! Was he born in Liverpool?!?!

I actually thought he was Catalan, shows the same desire as Puyol among others but was actually born in Madrid and moved to Barcelona when he was 13 (wikipedia)

must be great to have in the dressing room.

them videos of him after Spain winning are brilliant, if that is any indication of such the character he is.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #21: Dec 22, 2010 06:12:03 pm
      You gotta love him and his enthusiasm. Why not...
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #22: Dec 22, 2010 06:30:25 pm
      I wish his attitude would rub off on all the players, lets get a string of wins together and see where we are by the end of January.

Quick Reply