Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Pepe Reina tips Liverpool to win Premier League next season

Read 6002 times
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Re: Pepe Reina tips Liverpool to win Premier League next season
      Reply #46: Dec 24, 2010 09:52:35 pm
      Now here is someone with passion for the club! Pity some other squad members, including some of the so-called stars, don't take a leaf out of Pepe's book. Best keeper in the Prem is this lad. Long live the Baldy one (except if you look like Kryton)!!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #47: Dec 24, 2010 10:03:59 pm
       He's the best keeper in the Prem, I love him and think he was probably the finest signing Rafa made for us, but lets be serious here, we won't win the Prem next season. I know if you actually read what he said he didn't say we would, but the headline writer has got a bit carried away.

That said, Pepe is top man and if he stays at Liverpool, a future captain IMHO.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #48: Dec 24, 2010 10:19:55 pm
      With the right manager and the right investment we can bbe there or thereabouts next season, the top 4 are the weakest they 've been in a long long time and the only reason we are so adift is down to having a clueless buffon managing us.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #49: Dec 24, 2010 10:26:07 pm
      F**k i love Reina. Seriously, everything about him is class. All the youtube videos of him being the life of the Spanish team, and then his constantly good talk about our team. His mum must have gotten some Scouse loving on the side, because the lad has it in his blood!

F**k it, im on board Pepe - No. 19 in 2012!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #50: Dec 24, 2010 10:39:28 pm
      With the right manager and the right investment we can bbe there or thereabouts next season, the top 4 are the weakest they 've been in a long long time and the only reason we are so adift is down to having a clueless buffon managing us.

Even if we had the best manager in the World managing us, and heavy investment, the league is out of our reach for the forseeable I think. I might be wrong obviously, but that's what I think anyway.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #51: Dec 25, 2010 05:42:46 pm
      Even if we had the best manager in the World managing us, and heavy investment, the league is out of our reach for the forseeable I think. I might be wrong obviously, but that's what I think anyway.

So we could have the best of everything and still not be close to the league title? The optimism.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #52: Dec 26, 2010 11:25:46 am
      We ain't nowhere near winning the league, not with this squad, this manager. Were miles off that nought to do with optimism or pessimism, just plain old fact.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #53: Dec 26, 2010 12:18:54 pm
      We ain't nowhere near winning the league, not with this squad, this manager. Were miles off that nought to do with optimism or pessimism, just plain old fact.
      We are quite close to being a league winning team, it was only two seasons ago we were second and should of won the league, sense then we have sold two world class players, while they will be difficult to replace ,with the right investment we could have players who will be able to do as good a job in some areas and hopefully better in others (scoring goals), If we can also get a second striker with a bit of class and a winning mentality we have a team that can not only challenge but win the league.
       WE ARE NOT MILES OFF WINNING THE LEAGUE ( I apologize for the caps) but I do not like the fact that there has been a lowering of expectation, we do not need three years, we need to keep the great players we have know and invest in some world class talent.
       We could win the league next year if the new owner are willing to invest a large amount of money in the squad.     
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #54: Dec 26, 2010 12:23:18 pm
      You've missed the biggest factor Eddie, a new manager
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #55: Dec 26, 2010 12:25:59 pm
      You've missed the biggest factor Eddie, a new manager
      And sh*te tactics
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #56: Dec 26, 2010 12:45:19 pm
      We can win the league next year like other teams can, it's just a matter of winning more f*** football matches than others.

Out of City away, and 2 or 3 others appaling performances in the beginning of season, I've not seen a game where I could be sure at half time that Liverpool had no chance to win. And this even with our "unsufficient" current players and Roy's prehistoric tactics. Fact is everytime things were going well, we had Roy making counter-productive substitutions (or more often not making any, and letting a tired team lose in the last quarter), telling the team to park the bus and/or someone offering a goal to opposition on a stupid error, plus attackers missing a bunch of easy shots.

With a good manager making key players perform better and 3-4 good players replacing our current liabilities, why would Liverpool be unable to win ? 
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #57: Dec 26, 2010 03:48:00 pm
      Ah what about Everton and Stoke away did we even get a shot on target in any of them matches
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #58: Dec 26, 2010 04:05:04 pm
      Everton vs Liverpool : score was 0-0 at half time, with the two sides being very average and not having a lot real occasions, a good scenario for scrapping an away win. Shots on target 5 / 16 for Liverpool, 4 / 13 for Everton (most being in second half).

Stoke vs Liverpool : shots on target 4 for stoke, 3 for liverpool ; + with all their dangerous play they may very well have ended with a player out and a penalty for us

Don't consider these two as games we couldn't win due to being terribly inferior. Just games we lost due to our usual mix of bad tactic choices and individual errors that could have been avoided.
      « Last Edit: Dec 26, 2010 04:11:49 pm by TonioLerouge »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #59: Dec 26, 2010 04:26:52 pm
      We were F***ing awful in both games you can add Wigan into that as well, it was a miracle we weren't beat.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5047 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #60: Dec 26, 2010 04:46:32 pm
      Love Pepe's enthusiasm and positivity, more than whats coming from Roys gob, in all honesty i cant see it, who can tbh? unless Pepe knows something we dont, we do have two transfer windows to make the most of, and unlike H&G the funds will be made available, our squad apart from the sh*te like Poulsen and Konch is not too bad, it just needs proper managing and encouragement, we did lose quality in Masch and Aquillani and although we have Raul we are still lacking that quality player, we also lost the creativity of Benny and again that has been lacking this season, the resources we do have are well capable but with Roys negativity the chances of him fielding someone like young Dani or Jonjo on a regular basis are next to F**k all, so what happens next? do we (a) buy a player to fill the void and push back those promising youngsters even more, or (b) F**k Roy off, bring in Kenny, with Thommo, use the Jan window to bring the players to replace Konch & Poulsen, promote young Dani and/or Jonjo and have a bit more creativity, bolster the squad with the confidence we need so badly, and start playing with more positivity, climb the table grab the CL spot and then see what the crack is in the summer, only then would i feel more enthusiastic about next season.

Hodgeson Out....NOW!!   ???  :D
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #61: Dec 26, 2010 05:00:16 pm
      We were f**king awful in both games you can add Wigan into that as well, it was a miracle we weren't beat.

Roy's tactics (especially before the Totenham game where we started to play a little more attractive football) were making the team look awful in about every match as we conceded possession, even the few we won like Bolton away.

Now it happens that counter-attacking teams win even with crappy possession, and stats show Liverpool had a reasonable number of chances to, at least against Everton.

Anyway back on topic, "with a better manager and investment", I don't see a reason for Liverpool to expect to lose this derby, or at Stoke, next year.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #62: Dec 26, 2010 05:03:58 pm
      I was saying that though in May, when he was first linked. He is an extremely negative defensive manager. Irrevelant of who we are playing he plays the same way.

Two banks of four, which is very inflexible, conceed possession irrelevant who your playing. Long ball to striker who is usually isolated due to his inflexibility with the two banks of four.

Tactically it is F***ing simple for anyone with any cop on to see why the tactics are not working. The media are either to F***ing stupid to see it or so far up Hodgson hole they don't want to see it.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #63: Dec 26, 2010 06:04:44 pm
      Poor old peperoni he's always being misquoted in the press :lmao:
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #64: Dec 26, 2010 06:24:33 pm
      Well this line has started to sound like broken record now but full points to Pepe for coming out and saying it when the atmosphere is really down.I hope he can convince Torres to stay back.
      icemansiva
      • Banned

• 55 posts |
      Reply #65: Dec 27, 2010 01:35:38 pm
      Oh Roy.. did you spread the press syndrome to our Pepe?

Quick Reply