PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Humming for money!
      Dec 23, 2010 05:53:23 pm
      The Clare Champion 23/12/10

"The County of Clare has been taken by storm in the last few days with the release of "Humming with Jesus" by Ballyea resident Peter Harkin. The 20 year old student devised a very strange plan in order to raise money for insurance on his car. The idea of creating an album with different tracks supposedly associated with Christmas and then handing them out to people who could make whatever donation they seemed fit.

What Peter did not expect was the reaction his album would get. His first flight of CD's was a massive one hundred and twenty with people then copying and distributing the album to others. Donations have been very slim but the unique man had this to say:
      ' I was just having a bit of fun to start out with but now I cant leave the house without people asking me to humm them a song. I am not sure if they are making a joke of me or serious '.

The songs are now set to become a Youtube sensation according to the artist who hopes to compete and rack up thousands and thousands of views.
      ' The hope is to broaden my album and let more and more people to become aware of what I can do. I do think I am talented and capable of great things '.

The tracks have even been requested at local nightclub The Queens and on local radio stations such as Clare FM.
      Peter concluded saying ' I have been very busy recently put I hope to have the album up o both Facebook and Youtube in the next few days. If I can make some money then great. I know now this is what I want to do with the rest of my life '.

I know this fella and its true. He is definitely not the full shilling.     ???

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Humming for money!
      Reply #1: Dec 23, 2010 05:57:55 pm
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #2: Dec 23, 2010 06:07:05 pm
      There not even xmas songs ???
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #3: Dec 23, 2010 06:18:36 pm
      Hummmm I wonder if its for real!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #4: Dec 23, 2010 07:03:20 pm
      Some people will do anything for a quick buck won't they.

Quick Reply