Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Go Rangers!

Read 4186 times
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Go Rangers!
      May 02, 2008 11:14:04 am
      Just got to say Conrats to The 'Gers. Really impressed with their run to the Uefa cup final. They have done it the hard way and I hope they win it! It won't be easy them Russians looked a bit tasty. But I hope each and every one of them enjoys their day out and leaves Manchester in a mess under a sea of empty whiskey bottles! ;)
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Go Rangers!
      Reply #1: May 02, 2008 03:07:02 pm
      Just got to say Conrats to The 'Gers. Really impressed with their run to the Uefa cup final. They have done it the hard way and I hope they win it! It won't be easy them Russians looked a bit tasty. But I hope each and every one of them enjoys their day out and leaves Manchester in a mess under a sea of empty whiskey bottles! ;)

Zenit haven't got mutant ninja Skrtel anymore to hack down Novo ;)

Watched the game last night and have to say they were quite lucky not to concede. Gers keeper had a cracking game!
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #2: May 02, 2008 04:45:20 pm
      Im a closet Celtic fan Im afraid as all you reds should be to be honest, especially after what they did for us after Hillsborough. Rangers are the Manchester United of Scotland in my opion so I hope they lose in the final..
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #3: May 02, 2008 05:35:04 pm
      That's a pretty harsh evaluation of Rangers Prag! The Man Ure of Scotland?! I have been to Rangers with the Liverpool branch of their supporters club they really looked after the few travelling Scousers that gate crashed their trip! I've been to Aberdeen a few preseasons ago and they were great with us too. I will always be grateful for the support that Celtic showed us in our hour of need but I feel no affiliation for any Scottish team. I would like Rangers to win to bring some pride back too Scottish football and a smile to the faces of the 'Gers fans I have met down the years.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #4: May 02, 2008 05:53:16 pm
      Im a closet Celtic fan Im afraid as all you reds should be to be honest, especially after what they did for us after Hillsborough. Rangers are the Manchester United of Scotland in my opion so I hope they lose in the final..

Same here. Was top class that!

Rangers are more connected to Chelsea aren't they?
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5: May 02, 2008 11:14:15 pm
      I'd love Rangers to win. Great for British football innit.

I missed the game but turned over for the penalties. I miss Neil Alexander (Rangers' 'keeper) down at City :( Never saved a penalty for us but saved 1 or 2 for them didn't he! ;D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #6: May 03, 2008 07:24:52 pm
      Enjoyed the game, and pleased that Rangers are in the Final, Used to favour Celtic, but all the anti English Singing did for me. I know Rangers do it as well, but I've made my bed and I'm happy to lie in it.
      stiffler
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts |
      Reply #7: May 03, 2008 07:45:42 pm
      I seen a Rangers Chelsea flag at the game the other night, so possibly the two teams have quite strong links.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #8: May 05, 2008 03:05:21 am
      Meh I was hoping Fiorentina would win it but congrats to both teams for making it.

Have a Raangers supporter working with me just came back from 4 weeks in Scotland, going back for 3 days just to watch the game the nutter!  ;D
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #9: May 06, 2008 02:05:28 pm
      Thats some fixture pile up they have now 8 games in 3 weeks including 4 in 8 days.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #10: May 07, 2008 12:10:46 pm
      That's a pretty harsh evaluation of Rangers Prag! The Man Ure of Scotland?! I have been to Rangers with the Liverpool branch of their supporters club they really looked after the few travelling Scousers that gate crashed their trip! I've been to Aberdeen a few preseasons ago and they were great with us too. I will always be grateful for the support that Celtic showed us in our hour of need but I feel no affiliation for any Scottish team. I would like Rangers to win to bring some pride back too Scottish football and a smile to the faces of the 'Gers fans I have met down the years.

Yeah suppose your are right to be honest but I have a few mates who are scots and total Celtic fanatics. Would love to see them nick the title off of Rangers though.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #11: May 07, 2008 01:30:32 pm
      Can't believe this thread exists  :o

Rangers have extreme connections with Chelsea "Blues Brothers!" they are known as. A lot of it has to do with religion, Rangers being a protestant team as are Chelsea. If you look on youtube, you will see the welcome Celtic got when they went down to the bridge. Hope Celtic win the league and Rangers get humped in Manchester. Go Zenit :)
      Petr
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #12: May 07, 2008 01:54:26 pm
      All greetings!
      I am the fan of club Zenith. I am going to visit the UEFA cup-final in the city of Manchester. In Manchester all inexpensive hotels are reserved. Prompt, please, where it is possible cheaply (50 pounds for a night) will stop in Liverpool? And one more question ,how you like game of Shkrtel ? My e-mail is epm@mail.ru. Thanks. Petr.
      P.S. Your team should be in Moscow 21/05/08 instead of Chelsea.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #13: May 07, 2008 01:57:05 pm
      All greetings!
      I am the fan of club Zenith. I am going to visit the UEFA cup-final in the city of Manchester. In Manchester all inexpensive hotels are reserved. Prompt, please, where it is possible cheaply (50 pounds for a night) will stop in Liverpool? And one more question ,how you like game of Shkrtel ? My e-mail is epm@mail.ru. Thanks. Petr.

Welcome mate!

Havn't a clue where you could stay, theres a travel-lodge not long of the motorway where I stayed but can't remember how much it was. Skrtel is a great player, not such a good start but has been a good for Liverpool since. Your right we should be in Moscow ;D Please beat Rangers!!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #14: May 10, 2008 04:03:14 pm
      Can't believe this thread exists  :o

Rangers have extreme connections with Chelsea "Blues Brothers!" they are known as. A lot of it has to do with religion, Rangers being a protestant team as are Chelsea. If you look on youtube, you will see the welcome Celtic got when they went down to the bridge. Hope Celtic win the league and Rangers get humped in Manchester. Go Zenit :)

As are Liverpool, as is Crazy Horse! But I don't go for religion and I have no time for extreme groups attaching themselves to football. The thread exists to wish Rangers well in the Uefa cup final. Just as I wished Celtic a few years earlier. I only support one team and I have no interest in choosing a second. For what its worth I think Rangers will be beaten, Zenit are quite a team, but I have a few Scottish friends and if Rangers could win it would give a massive boast to an ailing Scottish League.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15: May 10, 2008 11:14:49 pm
      All greetings!

I have just sent you an e-mail Petr, hope you receive it OK with some places to stay ;D

I think most Liverpool fans (if not all) would agree with me when I say that Martin Skrtel has settled in extremely well at Anfield, a solid brick in the centre of defence is how I would describe him ;D

Good Luck in the UEFA Cup Final  :)
      jamsieboy86
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #16: May 12, 2008 02:50:38 am
      I hope Rangers win the UEFA cup. Being Irish i'm sorta a Celtic fan as we are all expected to be. The last few years though I have supported Rangers aswell. I feel that Celtic is forced upon you in Ireland and stupidly so. It would be good for Scottish football to win a European trophy.
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #17: May 12, 2008 03:43:51 pm
      I hope Zenit win. I like Russia, and it would be great to see a team from a "small" country win it.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #18: May 12, 2008 03:47:18 pm
      We bought Skrtel from Zenit didn't we?

So come on Zenit!!!
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #19: May 12, 2008 04:24:27 pm
      Rangers are just Chelsea bum-chums, and the fact I'm from Ireland makes Celtic my No.1 Scottish side so I wanna see Skrtel's old side hockey them!
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      Reply #20: May 13, 2008 09:26:41 am
      Come on The Zenit
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #21: May 13, 2008 09:49:49 am
      I'm from Ireland and Rangers are my No.1 Scottish team as was forced upon me growing up.  I obviously want them to win but my support for Rangers and Scottish football has waned because of the sectarian bigotry.  Growing up in Northern Ireland ya tend to get fed up with it and I've never gave two hoots...blue or green?  I say red :D

Quick Reply