Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. How many players do we need to move on this summer?

None, the squad is perfect and I live in cloud cuckoo land
      1 (0.4%)
      1-2, some mild tweaking
      3 (1.3%)
      3-5, changes required
      110 (49.1%)
      6-8, we need an overhaul
      89 (39.7%)
      9 or more! Clean slate, start afresh
      21 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 221

Players to ship out? (Poll added)

Read 39573 times
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Re: Players to ship out?
      Reply #46: Jan 05, 2011 12:35:16 pm
      The thing is we need more than just first XI material. Lucas, out of all you have mentioned, is the one player we could genuinely say that he would add depth to the squad; I'd be content enough to keep him: the rest I'd have no qualms about.

I'd also get rid of Aurelio, Kuyt and possibly Maxi - down to age as much as anything else. Carragher and Sotis also need moving on; but more gradually. I genuinely believe we have enough young talent ready and in place to step into the Centre-Half role.

Yeah i do agree we need depth, i doubt Lucas would settle for a bench role, and lets say he is worth 7-8mil i would rather invest it, but hence the topic, its all good to debate
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #47: Jan 05, 2011 12:35:21 pm
      I wouldn't argue with any of the names quoted (with the possible exception of JC who I think will finish his playing career with us and be moved on to the coaching staff, like Sami should have been)
      Trouble is if Woy is still in charge in January the two I expect to leave would be Agger and Maxi.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #48: Jan 05, 2011 12:49:32 pm
      Of the current squad who would I ship out? These lot maybe not this month but defo by the summer

Brad Jones
      Sotis
      Skrtel
      Koncheskey
      Carragher
      Aurelio
      Kuyt
      Maxi
      Poulsen
      Johnson
      Jovanovich
      Babel
      Cole

Basically Id rip that squad apart. Build around Pepe, Agger, Gerrard and Torres with young lads like Kelly, Pacheco, Shelvey, Ince etc and good players like Meireles and Aquilani held on to. And add serious players to make us a force again

Some on my list havent done much wrong but age goes against them (Carra too much power in my view) and need clearing out to start afresh
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #49: Jan 05, 2011 12:59:31 pm
      I wouldn't argue with any of the names quoted (with the possible exception of JC who I think will finish his playing career with us and be moved on to the coaching staff, like Sami should have been)
      Trouble is if Woy is still in charge in January the two I expect to leave would be Agger and Maxi.

Proves that even Sami thinks Roy is a bit sh*t, wasn't he offered a coaching position after Roy was given the job and turned it down, must know what his methods are like after he coached Finland.

As for Carra, let's hope that when he does join the coaching staff, he doesn't have to deal with player power, because whatever he says might look a bit hypocritical!!
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #50: Jan 05, 2011 03:44:29 pm
      out
      poulson
      konchesky
      babel
      jonanvic
      cole
      babel has had his chance,cole has been woefull same as poulsen, cole wages unaffordable considering his form,konchesky is a liability. ngog has been better than babel
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #51: Jan 05, 2011 03:48:36 pm
      buy two good players they start producing right away dont need months to acclimatize
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #52: Jan 05, 2011 03:54:27 pm
      Of the current squad who would I ship out? These lot maybe not this month but defo by the summer

Brad Jones
      Sotis
      Skrtel
      Koncheskey
      Carragher
      Aurelio
      Kuyt
      Maxi
      Poulsen
      Johnson
      Jovanovich
      Babel
      Cole

Basically Id rip that squad apart. Build around Pepe, Agger, Gerrard and Torres with young lads like Kelly, Pacheco, Shelvey, Ince etc and good players like Meireles and Aquilani held on to. And add serious players to make us a force again

Some on my list havent done much wrong but age goes against them (Carra too much power in my view) and need clearing out to start afresh

You ruthless b***ard! ;D

I actually agree with most of that, as long as it's not done it one fell swoop as we'd be back in one of those 'transitional periods' we keep getting into.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #53: Jan 05, 2011 04:11:09 pm
      Players who I would ship out are:
      Brad Jones
      Sotis Krygiakos
      Fabio Aurelio
      Paul Konchesky
      Christian Poulsen
      Jay Spearing
      Ryan Babel
      Milan Jovanovic
      Dirk Kuyt
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #54: Jan 05, 2011 04:25:58 pm
      i think that this has to be Carra's last season as a nailed on first teamer. Can't see him going elsewhere at the moment so he would be good to keep as a squad player.

I think the lists of players that has appeared on this thread sums up the standard of our squad--mediocre. I don't think that the amount of changes we need can be done inside 18 months. As I've said before lets see where we stand come the closing of the summer transfer window; that is going to be very, very interesting. We will know exactly the direction the club is heading!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #55: Jan 05, 2011 04:30:33 pm
      I think that this has to be Carra's last season as a nailed on first teamer. Can't see him going elsewhere at the moment so he would be good to keep as a squad player.

I think the lists of players that has appeared on this thread sums up the standard of our squad--mediocre. I don't think that the amount of changes we need can be done inside 18 months. As I've said before lets see where we stand come the closing of the summer transfer window; that is going to be very, very interesting. We will know exactly the direction the club is heading!
      With regards to Carra, I agree but to sell him because he is no longer first choice would be ridiculous!

He still has a huge impact on players around him and is a good leader along with being a proper Liverpool legend.

United have held onto Neville even though he isent first choice. We need to sign a long term partner for Dagger but Carra still has a part to play!
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #56: Jan 05, 2011 04:32:40 pm
      3. Konchesky
      14. Jovanovic
      16. Kyrgiakos
      18. Kuyt
      19. Babel
      24. Ngog
      26. Spearing
      28. Poulsen
      32. Darby
      34. Kelly
      - Degen
      - El Zhar
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #57: Jan 05, 2011 04:33:40 pm
      3. Konchesky
      14. Jovanovic
      16. Kyrgiakos
      18. Kuyt
      19. Babel
      24. Ngog
      26. Spearing
      28. Poulsen
      32. Darby
      34. Kelly
      - Degen
      - El Zhar

We should recoup £20million with these at least: 20 million!!!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #58: Jan 05, 2011 04:38:00 pm
      Konchesky 2m
      Jovanovic 2m
      Krygiakos 1m
      Kuyt 4m
      Babel 6m
      Ngog 3m
      Spearing 1m
      Poulsen 1m
      Darby 0.5m
      Kelly WOULD NOT SELL
      Degen Free
      El Zhar 0.5m

Thats £21million being realistic.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #59: Jan 05, 2011 04:38:22 pm
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #60: Jan 05, 2011 04:39:28 pm
      I thought the same. We might aswel sell Pacheco and Shelvey while we're at it!!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #61: Jan 05, 2011 04:48:54 pm
      Kelly? That makes no sense at all. Of all our youth players, he's possibly the one most equipped to come into the first team and has versatility on his side as well.
      I appreciate that this thread is about opinion so I'm not having a go but that is a weird suggestion.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #62: Jan 05, 2011 04:52:01 pm
      Kelly never deserved to lose his place in the team after his performance vs Chelsea.

He kept Malouda quiet. He is not massively effective in attack but that can be worked on and at the moment we could do with a more defensive full back to help a poor defence.

Johnson on the wing is something that might fail but I dont see why we dont give it a go.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #63: Jan 05, 2011 05:00:25 pm
      Maybe not in January, but certainly in the summer:

Konchesky
      Poulsen
      Skrtel
      Ngog
      Babel

And let Aquilani go.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #64: Jan 05, 2011 05:06:08 pm
      Maybe not in January, but certainly in the summer:

Konchesky
      Poulsen
      Skrtel
      Ngog
      Babel

And let Aquilani go.
      Would love Aquilani back Bairn.

You can add a few to that list aswel.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #65: Jan 05, 2011 05:07:48 pm
      I remember towards the end of last season when we were discussing how much longer Carra could still be first choice CB and many posters, myself included, felt that he wouldn't need to be for much longer because Skrtel and Agger would be the next pairing. Skrtel must have been playing well for us to think that so what's gone wrong? Is he another player who isn't keen on Roy's tactics, even though he may not appear as 'cultured' as Dagger? Skrtel seems to have regressed back to the clumsy oaf he appeared to be when we first signed him.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #66: Jan 05, 2011 05:10:44 pm
      I remember towards the end of last season when we were discussing how much longer Carra could still be first choice CB and many posters, myself included, felt that he wouldn't need to be for much longer because Skrtel and Agger would be the next pairing. Skrtel must have been playing well for us to think that so what's gone wrong? Is he another player who isn't keen on Roy's tactics, even though he may not appear as 'cultured' as Dagger? Skrtel seems to have regressed back to the clumsy oaf he appeared to be when we first signed him.
      What I dont understand is there was a period when Skrtel was a class act but last season under Rafa and this year, he has been sh*t and I'm scared any time he has to defend.

Maybe keep him but as back up to a new centre back and see if he can work his way back into the team and improve his form.

One more year- he probably deserves that. But we cant afford to give him another year as a starter.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #67: Jan 05, 2011 05:15:35 pm
      I would definitely build with LUcas in mind. I really think he is a very good player in spite of the Roy's sud standard tactics. However his attitude has always struck me as outstanding too.
      Agree with you his attitude is outstanding, reminds me of Beckham when he was at Real Madrid 
       back to topic
       Konchesky has to go !
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #68: Jan 05, 2011 05:16:37 pm
      say bye to...Jones
                       Konch
                       Aurelio
                       Poulsen
                       Sotis
                       Babel
                       Maxi
                       Cole
                      Jova.........i'd keep hold of Ngog and beef him up in the gym, Kuyt for his engine but he would have to drastically improve and could be useful up front, put Kelly in at RB, push GJ forward, Lucas and Meireles as central midfield, Gerrard and Nando up front, groom Wison with Agger, a new top class LB with Insua coming back in Turan in on the left and not forgetting the young guns start nurturing them the Liverpool way and that goes back to the youth squad too, send Carra off to get his badges and then have him in some coaching capacity.

Quick Reply