Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Dion Fanning on Hodgson

Read 5576 times
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,133 posts | 127 
      Re: Dion Fanning on Hodgson
      Reply #23: Jan 06, 2011 01:45:06 pm
      Who does this bloke write for ? does anyone know, because that is the best read ever on this whole debacle, every word is spot on, he has done his research no doubt about that, I agree that this article should be sent to every member of NESV particularly JW Henry and Tom Werner, Hodgson is clearly in a world of his own, he beleives he has finally cracked it and has reached the heights he craved after 35 years, ie;' He beleived his acheivements in the last year entitled him to the Liverpool job, he has a bureaucrats mindset' how spot on is that? but this quote from Roy himself is, well, pathetic really '' to some extent it was a reward for hard work I put in, not just at Fulham but in the years before, it was a recognition of my competence'', and Purslime fell for it, Hook, line, and Stinker, FF'S sake what achievements?, the man is delusional, and totally bereft of any understanding of how a club such as LFC operates, even if he had been appointed at old toilet or at the Arse, the outcome would be the same, unfortunately it was our club that landed this inept buffoon, we are a unique club with a special set of fans and supporters, we have a unique history, one of the best in Europe, and The best in British footballing history, so how the f**k did we do to deserve Roy 'nice bloke' Hodgson, Purslow should hang his head in shame, he is not entirely blameless, and he is supposedly a Liverpool fan,  the biggest own goal in history for sure, so what now? thats up to NESV, we all know what needs to happen, and we should expect a press conference anytime soon, if not then I fear for our existence in this league, seriously, if Roy stays we could go down.
                                 Hodgson out  TODAY!!

I think someone said (in RAWK) he writes for the Irish Times.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #24: Jan 06, 2011 02:16:50 pm
      Don't think he's destroyed the club. How can you say that when he's just been at the club six months and personally brought in only 3 players (Poulsen, Konch, Raul). The majority of the squad is as inherited by him, and it still there.

He has destroyed the 'Soul' of the club, you only have to look at the attendance on New Years Day to know that.  He's bringing us down to his level and we're struggling more now then ever before.

Doesn't that tell you something?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #25: Jan 06, 2011 02:40:18 pm
      great article, a man who really understands lfc. excellent point about england as well, most lfc fans i know couldn't give two hoots about england and obviously feel infinitely more passionate about liverpool. liverpool needs a passionate, strong, ambitious and proud manager who will not lie down for anybody.

roy fails on all those accounts. still can't believe how unambitious he is and why he's still here today tbh.
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #26: Jan 06, 2011 02:50:50 pm
      Sums it all up really! Thanks for posting artaylor!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #27: Jan 06, 2011 02:58:24 pm
      Don't think he's destroyed the club. How can you say that when he's just been at the club six months and personally brought in only 3 players (Poulsen, Konch, Raul). The majority of the squad is as inherited by him, and it still there.

Because we only finished 7th last season and still got to a European semi-final.

This season we've already been in the bottom three, been outplayed by Blackpool at home, been embarrassed by the sh*te at Goodison, have an absolutely atrocious away record, sh*t long ball tactics that would make Bobby Gould blush and the c**t of a manager doesn't seem to have a clue how to inspire any confidence in the squad and has no F***ing ambition whatsoever.

If this poor excuse of a man is given any longer, he F***ing well will destroy this club, but then again it's all Rafa's fault for the sh*te he left here, isn't it?
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #28: Jan 06, 2011 03:04:12 pm
      Because we only finished 7th last season and still got to a European semi-final.

This season we've already been in the bottom three, been outplayed by Blackpool at home, been embarrassed by the sh*te at Goodison, have an absolutely atrocious away record, sh*t long ball tactics that would make Bobby Gould blush and the c**t of a manager doesn't seem to have a clue how to inspire any confidence in the squad and has no f**king ambition whatsoever.

If this poor excuse of a man is given any longer, he f**king well will destroy this club, but then again it's all Rafa's fault for the sh*te he left here, isn't it?

Yep its all Rafas fault for the crap he left Hodgson you know essentially the same sh*te that smashed Man U 4-1 at old crapford,  essentially the same sh*te that smashed Real Madrid 5-0 in the champions League, and the same sh*te that came 2nd in the Premier League, and the same sh*te that got to yet another Euro Semi, Oh yeah but you still have to feel sorry for Hodgson as all the troubles he inherited. Gary Birtles you can kiss my fat hairy F***ing arse BTW. Some of the sh*te you came out with while commentating last night.

HODGSON OUT NOW!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #29: Jan 06, 2011 03:48:29 pm
      Who does this bloke write for ? does anyone know, because that is the best read ever on this whole debacle, every word is spot on, he has done his research no doubt about that, I agree that this article should be sent to every member of NESV particularly JW Henry and Tom Werner, Hodgson is clearly in a world of his own, he beleives he has finally cracked it and has reached the heights he craved after 35 years, ie;' He beleived his acheivements in the last year entitled him to the Liverpool job, he has a bureaucrats mindset' how spot on is that? but this quote from Roy himself is, well, pathetic really '' to some extent it was a reward for hard work I put in, not just at Fulham but in the years before, it was a recognition of my competence'', and Purslime fell for it, Hook, line, and Stinker, FF'S sake what achievements?, the man is delusional, and totally bereft of any understanding of how a club such as LFC operates, even if he had been appointed at old toilet or at the Arse, the outcome would be the same, unfortunately it was our club that landed this inept buffoon, we are a unique club with a special set of fans and supporters, we have a unique history, one of the best in Europe, and The best in British footballing history, so how the f**k did we do to deserve Roy 'nice bloke' Hodgson, Purslow should hang his head in shame, he is not entirely blameless, and he is supposedly a Liverpool fan,  the biggest own goal in history for sure, so what now? thats up to NESV, we all know what needs to happen, and we should expect a press conference anytime soon, if not then I fear for our existence in this league, seriously, if Roy stays we could go down.
                                 Hodgson out  TODAY!!

He seems to write mainly for the Irish Independent and the Guardian/Observer in England. Written a number of articles on Liverpool. His pieces on Benitez and Purslow's role in his departure are still interesting to read.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,747 posts | 7177 
      Reply #30: Jan 06, 2011 03:52:12 pm

This season we've already been in the bottom three, been outplayed by Blackpool at home, been embarrassed by the sh*te at Goodison, have an absolutely atrocious away record, sh*t long ball tactics that would make Bobby Gould blush and the c**t of a manager doesn't seem to have a clue how to inspire any confidence in the squad and has no f**king ambition whatsoever.

If this poor excuse of a man is given any longer, he f**king well will destroy this club, but then again it's all Rafa's fault for the sh*te he left here, isn't it?
      I think the Rafa comparisons have all been put to bed now it just seems silly to even mention his name anymore. Roy has broken all kinds of records just the wrong sort unfortunately for us.
      Give me Rafa anyday of Roy.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31: Jan 06, 2011 08:45:13 pm

Roy has a poor record, not saying he hasn't.
      Just said he hasn't 'destroyed' the club.
      He's signed/shipped out hardly any players, he hasn't had the time.
      We're in a bad run now and at this stage it looks like the pattern's gonna continue.
      Destroyed to me would be relegation/load of crap signings, stuff that takes years to recover from. If a new guy with some nuts could get a grip, we could end the season positively, lookin forward to next year.
      I'm not gonna go overboard with the whole Roy hate thing - just cause we're even more sh*t than we were last season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #32: Jan 07, 2011 03:06:26 am
      We're in a bad run now and at this stage it looks like the pattern's gonna continue.
      Destroyed to me would be relegation/load of crap signings, stuff that takes years to recover from. If a new guy with some nuts could get a grip, we could end the season positively, lookin forward to next year.
      I'm not gonna go overboard with the whole Roy hate thing - just cause we're even more sh*t than we were last season.

Fair point, which is why I'd like to see Kenny in now and let the NESV mob lot work in the background on choosing the right man for the job.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #33: Jan 07, 2011 06:51:34 am

Anyone who "love this club" cannot wait quietly until he complete what you said "destroy" didn't you ?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #34: Jan 07, 2011 09:00:27 am
       All these ex players of ours who believe Hodgson is not getting a fair go should be made to read that article.It is written by a man who evidently understands what L.F.C. means to us REDS. Thank you for your honesty Dion Fanning,if only the rest of the media were as honest as you.
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #35: Jan 07, 2011 09:16:22 am
      That hits the nail on the head, doesn't it? Retweet! (And no, that's not a reference to Roy's tactics at 0-0 with half an hour to go...)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #36: Jan 07, 2011 03:46:18 pm
      Absolutely brilliant read, thanks for posting.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37: Jan 09, 2011 09:43:52 am
      Lock it up, it no longer applies and how pleased am I to say that he's gone. :D
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #38: Jan 09, 2011 06:48:05 pm

He has left the club not totally destroyed it but leaving a near dismantled club.
      He hardly shipped out/bought players? (Try Aquilani for Poulsen)
      Yeah we're in decline and will continue so if he hasn't been stopped. Lucky us, finally the call has been answered.
      Destroyed for me would be breaking records for the wrong reasons. Got beaten by most who we could easily made a meal. Giving respect to people who doesn't have the right to earn them (Ferguscum). Thinking a draw would be a fair result (against the poorly placed Wolves). Played a very negative tactic. Not knowing where to put your new player and the most important thing is he disrespected the fans!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #39: Jan 09, 2011 06:54:05 pm
      Alan Green really criticising Hodgson on 606. Stated Konchesky was an awful buy, the combination of Kyriagkos and Skrtel was a complete disaster etc.

Some may not like him but he's big enough to be the only journalist out there who's scathing of Hodgson's regime.

Quick Reply