Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Must Read - Rafa, Gerrard, Aquilani, Torres and Purslow

Read 18371 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Must Read - Rafa, Gerrard, Aquilani, Torres and Purslow
      Reply #92: Jan 08, 2011 08:07:40 am

I'm missing his interviews
      I'm missing chanting his name
      I'm missing him tapping the side of his glasses after he puts them on
      I'm missing his short answers in the interviews
      I'm missing his little wave after his name is sung
      I'm missing going into games knowing a draw is the worst we can expect

I miss listening to cocky Sky reporters repeatedly putting questions to him, trying to get some dirt only to recieve the same answer over and over...

"As always we are concentrating on the next game"

He may as well just raise his middle finger.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #93: Jan 08, 2011 08:11:44 am
      Interesting (but bloated) read, a lot of the points do make sense in that they tie in with each other ...ie the Birmingham game, Alonso debacle etc.

Doesn't really change anything for me and will take it with a pinch of salt....already knew Rafa was stitched up, Purslow is a tw*t and Hodgson was never the man to take the reigns at our club.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #94: Jan 08, 2011 08:13:31 am
      I just miss his 'your a c**t' attitude.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Reply #95: Jan 08, 2011 10:16:20 am
      Great read,roll on Jan the 12th then.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #96: Jan 08, 2011 11:15:08 am
      D'you know what, I'm the bigest cynic on this site, believe me!
      And some unbelievably waffle gets posted on this and many other forums. But the lengthy article Ive just read makes absolutely perfect sense to me. Moreover the time line for a the outrageous events we all witnessed over the past year is spot on, particularly the Torres piece it all fit perfectly for me now. And again for me it has begun to address many of the unanswered questions in my head!
      Rafa wasn't perfect by any measure, but are we striving for perfection?
      In my humble opinion Rafa is as near to perfection as we can expect, and that's a fact.
      You know this new CEO on the 12th,
      RE-APPOINT MR BENITEZ

That's my honest opinion for what its worth!
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Reply #97: Jan 08, 2011 11:30:50 am
      Great read,roll on Jan the 12th then.

Correction,roll on today,great news,the king is back,and i am as happy as a dog with 2 cocks
      LFCexiled
      Reply #98: Jan 08, 2011 11:35:30 am
      We can strike off the January 12th/New Manager part now.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #99: Jan 08, 2011 12:47:27 pm
      I've read your posts, and like others on here, you try to dress things up using verbosity - in other words, lots of typing with little substance, and also using the old "context" trick.

BTW - there is no rule on here about not swearing, so you can stop banging that well worn drum as well.

Don't like it?
      Don't f**king read it, but for fucks sake stop whining about it.

Now how about you get back on topic, as I have done in previouos posts.

I asked you to back up a statement you had made, nothing else. If you think my posts carry little substance then that is fair enough sir. I hope you can excuse my dismissal of your comments, especially since they have come from a poster whose first foray into the big debate of football was littered with Chinese philosopher's quotes and the infamous 'DeskeyWankeyHankey'. Not exactly a solid foundation or platform from which to vent.

In the interest of the forum we shall leave this for now, there are more pressing matters at hand. I fear that my minescule brain will be no challenge for your superior footballing knowledge anyway. Have a nice day KennyIsKing.
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #100: Jan 08, 2011 02:22:35 pm

Overwhelmingly makes a lot of sense and I think confirms exactly what a lot of us who don't just swallow everything that every idiot on SSN spits out.

sonicgeeza
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      • Our History Is Untouchable
      Reply #101: Jan 08, 2011 02:55:44 pm
      I think my head is going to explode.... Conclusion: Hicks/Gillett/Purslow appear to be the catalyst for everything that has been wrong for the last few years. Parry wasn't much better but he was more inept than malicious. Either way, seems that the cancer has now been cleared with today's announcement? GOLDEN SKY!
      danwarb
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #102: Jan 09, 2011 01:24:21 am
      Some of the dafter rumours, anger at Rafa's departure and very misdirected blame.

It's too ridiculous and poorly researched to be an interesting fictional account. We should be better than this, but we're not.
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Reply #103: Jan 10, 2011 04:38:31 am
      Thanks Tim LFC, interesting and possibly illuminating post, not sure I believe all of it, but like they say 'no smoke without fire"
      Thing I find interesting recently is that both Riena and Torres have both committed in the press,that they will be staying at LFC, I don't know, but I feel there has been a sea change going on behind the scenes and these players are now a lot happier, may be FSG has been working on this, thats why Hodgson was allowed to go on as long as he did? just seems strange to me the timming of both press releases, Gerrard next? it is January though?
      As for player power - not on King Kenny's watch, if it has happened I would hope that in the future you will see Carra and Gerrard let go, just as used to happen in the good old days, although I won't hold my breath.
      Anyway lets hope this is all behind us now and we can now move forward as a unified club, all heading in one direction to that" Bastion of Invincibility"
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #104: Jan 10, 2011 10:55:54 am
      About the Torres issue,couldnt he heve told rafa he was not 100% fit to play.I mean doesn't the player get to say anything?

maybe, maybe not, but players in the modern game rely on fitness coach/doctors telling them when and when no to push themselves back. if he was told he can play by the "experts", then he, as a professional, would put in his shift.

anyway, some of it sounds far fetched, but the bit about the deals certainly make sense, as well as torres injury situation.

wouldnt surprise me that the c**k juggling sl*t that is abby was pushing crouchie to move to london so she can go bond street everyday. crouchie needs to grow a pair tbh.

anyway, its all behind us, we know for a sure that the previous regime f***ed the club left right and centre but hopefully we go onwards and upwards.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #105: Jan 10, 2011 11:10:46 am
      I miss listening to cocky Sky reporters repeatedly putting questions to him, trying to get some dirt only to recieve the same answer over and over...

"As always we are concentrating on the next game"
      I think he did but it was of camera.

I think he did but it was off camera. ;)
      mavuto
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #106: Jan 10, 2011 12:07:57 pm
      ps might tell ya the truth over Robbie Keane one day!

Any idea what this may be all about??
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #107: Jan 10, 2011 12:11:50 pm
      Any idea what this may be all about??

Maybe the fact that Rafa wanted to buy Gareth Barry but wasn't given money but instead somehow Robbie Keane was bought for a higher price.

Also the fact that he was sold just after 6 months?

I don't know.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #108: Jan 10, 2011 03:36:56 pm
      Don't whether it's totally true, but one thing it does show is the holy f**king mess the club is in and that some players should stop carrying on like spoilt f**king children.

problem is that spoiled children is exactly what they are. 20 years ago here at LFC even our greatest players were not really bigged-up all that much. they understood that the team came first and the club itself was bigger than any one of 'em.

now though, our top players are praised to the skies even though they only show up for a few minutes per game, if even that, and they are "rewarded" with ridiculous pay rises if there is a even a hint that some other club might want them. give me a squad of Callaghans any day of the week.

a bit more boot cleaning and sweeping the stands when they are younger and a lot less mollycoddling would be better for everyone, even the players themselves.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,325 posts | 8602 
      Reply #109: Jan 10, 2011 05:05:05 pm
      problem is that spoiled children is exactly what they are. 20 years ago here at LFC even our greatest players were not really bigged-up all that much. they understood that the team came first and the club itself was bigger than any one of 'em.

now though, our top players are praised to the skies even though they only show up for a few minutes per game, if even that, and they are "rewarded" with ridiculous pay rises if there is a even a hint that some other club might want them. give me a squad of Callaghans any day of the week.

a bit more boot cleaning and sweeping the stands when they are younger and a lot less mollycoddling would be better for everyone, even the players themselves.

Couldn't argue with any of that!

Quick Reply