Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool Manager

Read 546598 times
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Re: Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool Manager
      Reply #7383: May 16, 2012 04:59:11 pm

Sorry to see Kenny go.... this is not a good day for us.

At the same time the fact that FSG can this ruthless might not be such a bad thing for LFC in the longer term.

If this was going to happen which I think it was it was better sooner than later.

Very sorry for Kenny he undoubtedly gave it his best shot and like the legend he is showed true loyalty to the club he loves.

He was immense defending Suarez and the club. His intefgrity and loyalty are totally beyond reproach.

Thanks Kenny words can't express it really.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #7384: May 16, 2012 05:00:02 pm
      I feel so sick. Completely devastated and shocked.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #7385: May 16, 2012 05:02:07 pm
      Now it's word that Ayre has been sacked as well.
      Aggeraphobia
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #7386: May 16, 2012 05:02:10 pm
      Mike Ingham on BBC: "It looks like there is a new broom sweeping through Liverpool. I think Kenny Dalglish has paid a price for the Luis Suarez affair where even he will admit he made an error of judgement. In the end I think it was the refusal of Suarez to shake hands with Patrice Evra which completely humiliated the club and damaged Kenny Dalglish as well.

"The thing about Kenny Dalglish is that he is so supportive of his players and in the end I think he took the You'll Never Walk Alone thing to far."

Or the nation took the FA Kangaroo Court thing too far. Or FSG did leave Kenny to walk alone. And incidentally F**k off Ingham. And F**k off all of the press when you stick your hatchet in.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #7387: May 16, 2012 05:02:40 pm
      Post 7080 (page 37)

Was fairly obvious after yesterday's antics.

Anyway, hope he left off his own accord as I'd like to think he still has a future with the club, if he's been sacked then clearly that's not going to happen. :(
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #7388: May 16, 2012 05:02:44 pm
      To be totally honest, I cannot think of anything which I am less interested in than what they did with the f**king red socks. F**k the red socks.

Yeah, I know and fair enough.  It was merely for a contextual sense.  These moves don't come as a complete shock to me (or anyone who knows FSG's history).

That was all I was trying to say. 
      LFCexiled
      Reply #7389: May 16, 2012 05:03:39 pm
      LFC part company with Dalglish

FENWAY SPORTS GROUP AND LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB PART COMPANY WITH MANAGER KENNY DALGLISH

Search for new Manager begins immediately as owners pay tribute to 'legend' Dalglish

Fenway Sports Group (FSG) and Liverpool Football Club announced that Kenny Dalglish is to leave his post today as Manager after having his contract terminated.

After a careful and deliberative review of the season, the Club came to the decision that a change was appropriate. It is not a decision that was reached lightly or hastily.

The search for a new Manager will begin immediately.

Principal owner John Henry was fulsome in his praise for the outgoing Manager.

"Kenny will always be more than a championship winning manager, more than a championship winning star player. He is in many ways the heart and soul of the club. He personifies everything that is good about Liverpool Football Club. He has always put the Club and its supporters first. Kenny will always be a part of the family at Anfield.

"Our job now is to identify and recruit the right person to take this Club forward and build on the strong foundations put in place during the last 18 months."

Liverpool Chairman Tom Werner said it was a tough decision, but ultimately one that needed to be made.

"Kenny came into the Club as Manager at our request at a time when Liverpool Football Club really needed him. He didn't ask to be Manager; he was asked to assume the role. He did so because he knew the Club needed him. He did more than anyone else to stabilize Liverpool over the past year-and-a-half and to get us once again looking forward. We owe him a great debt of gratitude.

"However, results in the Premier League have been disappointing and we believe to build on the progress that has already been made, we need to make a change.

"We are committed to delivering success for our supporters and our ambition remains resolute to return this great Club to the elite of England and Europe, where it belongs."

Kenny Dalglish's departure brings to an end his second spell at the Club where, as a player, he won numerous honours, including six English league titles and three European Cup trophies. As Manager he won three league titles, two FA Cups and of course this season, the Carling Cup.

Dalglish said he is proud to have served such a great Club.

"It has been an honour and a privilege to have had the chance to come back to Liverpool Football Club as Manager. I greatly appreciate the work that Steve, Kevin, the players and all of the staff put in during my time and feel proud that we delivered the Club's first trophy in six years winning the Carling Cup and came close to a second trophy in the FA Cup Final. Of course I am disappointed with results in the league, but I would not have swapped the Carling Cup win for anything as I know how much it meant to our fans and the Club to be back winning trophies.

"Whilst I am obviously disappointed to be leaving the football club, I can say that the matter has been handled by the owners and all concerned in an honourable, respectful and dignified way and reflects on the quality of the people involved and their continued desire to move the football club forward in the same way as when they arrived here.

"I would like to thank all of the staff at the Club for their effort and loyalty. I said when first approached about coming back as Manager that I would always be of help if I can at any time and that offer remains the same.

"Finally, I want to put on record my heartfelt gratitude to Liverpool's fans, who have always given me and the Club their unwavering support. Without them neither the Club nor I would have achieved anything."
      bobdeakin2009
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • Form is temporary, Class is permanent
      Reply #7390: May 16, 2012 05:03:52 pm
      Now it's word that Ayre has been sacked as well.

Where did you hear that?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7391: May 16, 2012 05:04:05 pm
      No need for the personal retort Racer.  I just don't think getting upset is going to do any good.  It will not give the King his job back, nor will it help us move forward as a club.  A good fan will support the club in good times and in bad regardless of who is in charge.  I plan on doing just that.  I may not like the new manager, and I may wish Dalglish was still in charge, but come our first game next season I will be glued to my tele and praying to the football gods for a good start to a great season. 

YNWA Kenny
      I'll get upset because I'm passionate about this club. I wont have you or anyone else tell me how I can or can't react to this F***ing announcement thank you very F***ing much. Don't lecture me on what a good or bad fan is either.

I do and always will love Liverpool but that doesn't mean reading about Kenny leaving hasn't ripped the heart out of me right now.
      So like I said.

I can't see into the future.
      F**k off.
      Aggeraphobia
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #7392: May 16, 2012 05:04:54 pm
      You'll Never Walk Alone, Kenny
      bobdeakin2009
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • Form is temporary, Class is permanent
      Reply #7393: May 16, 2012 05:04:59 pm
      FC part company with Dalglish
      16th May 2012 - Latest News

0 CommentsPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      FENWAY SPORTS GROUP AND LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB PART COMPANY WITH MANAGER KENNY DALGLISH

Search for new Manager begins immediately as owners pay tribute to 'legend' Dalglish

Fenway Sports Group (FSG) and Liverpool Football Club announced that Kenny Dalglish is to leave his post today as Manager after having his contract terminated.

After a careful and deliberative review of the season, the Club came to the decision that a change was appropriate. It is not a decision that was reached lightly or hastily.

The search for a new Manager will begin immediately.

Principal owner John Henry was fulsome in his praise for the outgoing Manager.

"Kenny will always be more than a championship winning manager, more than a championship winning star player. He is in many ways the heart and soul of the club. He personifies everything that is good about Liverpool Football Club. He has always put the Club and its supporters first. Kenny will always be a part of the family at Anfield.

"Our job now is to identify and recruit the right person to take this Club forward and build on the strong foundations put in place during the last 18 months."

Liverpool Chairman Tom Werner said it was a tough decision, but ultimately one that needed to be made.

"Kenny came into the Club as Manager at our request at a time when Liverpool Football Club really needed him. He didn't ask to be Manager; he was asked to assume the role. He did so because he knew the Club needed him. He did more than anyone else to stabilize Liverpool over the past year-and-a-half and to get us once again looking forward. We owe him a great debt of gratitude.

"However, results in the Premier League have been disappointing and we believe to build on the progress that has already been made, we need to make a change.

"We are committed to delivering success for our supporters and our ambition remains resolute to return this great Club to the elite of England and Europe, where it belongs."

Kenny Dalglish's departure brings to an end his second spell at the Club where, as a player, he won numerous honours, including six English league titles and three European Cup trophies. As Manager he won three league titles, two FA Cups and of course this season, the Carling Cup.

Dalglish said he is proud to have served such a great Club.

"It has been an honour and a privilege to have had the chance to come back to Liverpool Football Club as Manager. I greatly appreciate the work that Steve, Kevin, the players and all of the staff put in during my time and feel proud that we delivered the Club's first trophy in six years winning the Carling Cup and came close to a second trophy in the FA Cup Final. Of course I am disappointed with results in the league, but I would not have swapped the Carling Cup win for anything as I know how much it meant to our fans and the Club to be back winning trophies.

"Whilst I am obviously disappointed to be leaving the football club, I can say that the matter has been handled by the owners and all concerned in an honourable, respectful and dignified way and reflects on the quality of the people involved and their continued desire to move the football club forward in the same way as when they arrived here.

"I would like to thank all of the staff at the Club for their effort and loyalty. I said when first approached about coming back as Manager that I would always be of help if I can at any time and that offer remains the same.

"Finally, I want to put on record my heartfelt gratitude to Liverpool's fans, who have always given me and the Club their unwavering support. Without them neither the Club nor I would have achieved anything."

A little tear there from that last paragraph!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #7394: May 16, 2012 05:05:08 pm
      Wrong wrong decision if this is true.

The football club has just turned into something ive always laughed at others of being and something i never wanted us to become.

Sad day for the great club.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #7395: May 16, 2012 05:06:08 pm
      DALGLISH!!!!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #7396: May 16, 2012 05:06:25 pm
      Ayres has left the club too!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7397: May 16, 2012 05:06:53 pm
      Its true mate.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #7398: May 16, 2012 05:08:32 pm
      Fucks sake.

YNWA Kenny.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #7399: May 16, 2012 05:08:39 pm
      Off topic I know, but since when have we not had a Chief Executive too?

Thought Werner was the CEO?
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #7400: May 16, 2012 05:08:59 pm
      Shabs where's that been said? That's BS he's been fantastic for the club!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #7401: May 16, 2012 05:10:54 pm
      Shabs where's that been said? That's BS he's been fantastic for the club!

Tony Barrett on the times according to his tweet like but not gospel!
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #7402: May 16, 2012 05:12:51 pm
      Very ruthless of Fenway Sports Group but the results in the league have not been good enough unfortunately.
      Very sad for King Kenny :(
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #7403: May 16, 2012 05:13:07 pm
      I'll get upset because I'm passionate about this club. I wont have you or anyone else tell me how I can or can't react to this f**king announcement thank you very f**king much. Don't lecture me on what a good or bad fan is either.

I do and always will love Liverpool but that doesn't mean reading about Kenny leaving hasn't ripped the heart out of me right now.
      So like I said.

I can't see into the future.
      F**k off.

I am gutted for Kenny too mate.... he did deserve more time.  However, in times of adversity I always try to stay optimistic about the future.  Maybe it is a character flaw on my part.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7404: May 16, 2012 05:13:31 pm
      Not a huge surprise, but still something of a shock.

I'm sad to see him go and it looks like there is a huge clearout of senior management, which started with Commoli and has now extended to KK.

Only time will tell if this is the right decision, but it's still so sad to see.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7405: May 16, 2012 05:19:17 pm
      I am gutted for Kenny too mate.... he did deserve more time.  However, in times of adversity I always try to stay optimistic about the future.  Maybe it is a character flaw on my part.

In times of adversity I get angry. Maybe it's a character flaw.

Quick Reply