Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Torres: 'I haven't considered leaving'

Read 4883 times
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Re: Torres to stay at Liverpool
      Reply #46: Jan 09, 2011 04:30:02 pm
      I expect for him to work for the cause just like the other players on the pitch did. He wasn't chasing down anything, he wasn't committed. I don't know how people cannot see it.

I f**king love our Fernando Torres, but he needs to pull his socks up and go to work. Especially in situations like we were in today.

Patience!  A few weeks under Kenny's wing  and we will see Nando back at his best
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #47: Jan 09, 2011 04:40:17 pm
      ;D, he finally speaks out. Weridly, as soon as Roy left the club.

not weird at all, we werent the only ones sick to death of roy's sh!t ass negative defensive trite. the lad has been frustrated all season trying to hold the ball up and control the hoofing adminstered by konchesksh!t.

well in torres, now lets see that hunger return to u lad.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #48: Jan 09, 2011 09:41:29 pm
      we need statements like this brings stability just what the doctor ordered
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #49: Jan 09, 2011 11:55:32 pm
      Agree with some who say he needs to lift his work rate a bit, but it's bloody hard when you have a hopeless manager who gives no confidence. Torres could do with a couple of easy goals, as in ones that are made by the midfield that he finishes. That will get his confidence up and then he will be able to create chances for himself as he regains confidence
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #50: Jan 10, 2011 12:18:14 am
      He can be the best forward in the world but I have to finally say it, his work rate is very poor.

I gave him alot of reasoning when Roy was in charge but if he's still the same under Kenny, something is seriously disturbing him. Even at the World Cup, (I know he came back from a knee surgery) but he had better service there and still looked like how he is now.

I mean, I kinda notice when a ball is not getting to him or is going straight to an opponent, he just stops and watch the opponent stop it. The Fernando Torres of old would have done like what happened to Vidic.

I love Nando and I want him here for many years but he really needs to step it up.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #51: Jan 10, 2011 12:24:17 am
      yes hate to see a great club like liverpool implode from within, united we stand divided we fall. king kenny has to act like king and stamp his authority on this club. we cant let fans or players run this club. kenny has a plan and vision please let him do his job.else we will become a joke around the league. 
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #52: Jan 10, 2011 12:39:31 am
      Now that we are not playing hoof the ball, and starting to play football again Torres will be back better than ever, and take all his frustrations out on his remaining games! Goals galore. :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6743 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #53: Jan 10, 2011 06:42:25 am
      That's brightened up my day. Now show us on the pitch again Nando, how much you love this Club.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #54: Jan 10, 2011 09:06:08 am
      Rosy tactics were completely Alien to the way Nando was taught football and just were all wrong for the team and particularly Torres. He obviously lost confidence and felt disillusioned.

As Kenny said last night, Torres wants to do it.
      The mind set for Torres will change as he will start to believe in himself again. Kenny will play a system that suits Torres and give him service. A few games in and a goal or two later and our man will be back on form.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #55: Jan 10, 2011 09:41:24 am
      He is a striker not a midfielder look a this record  at home its as good as it gets. he was so isolated when Gerrard went off what did you expect from him FFS.

;D no need to get so peeved fella, chill. we all know what nando can do and roy's dino-tactics didn't help in that he got starved of service and support. that shouldn't be underestimated, as not only did that mean that nando wasn't scoring, it demotivated him. can't blame him too much for that.

however, i did see a few occasions yesterday where he didn't look as sharp and hungry as he normally does. kenny was right, he did work hard, but on occasions, when the ball was played into him, defenders intercepted or won the ball off him too easily. i think it's easily sorted though. better service, bit more positivity from kenny and we'll have the old nando back.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: Torres: 'I haven't considered leaving'
      Reply #56: Jan 10, 2011 09:46:07 am
      Rosy tactics were completely Alien to the way Nando was taught football and just were all wrong for the team and particularly Torres. He obviously lost confidence and felt disillusioned.

As Kenny said last night, Torres wants to do it.
      The mind set for Torres will change as he will start to believe in himself again. Kenny will play a system that suits Torres and give him service. A few games in and a goal or two later and our man will be back on form.

difference between the way kenny and roy manage team is that roy's a stubborn, old, negative b3llend with out-dated tactics. he has a set way of playing (defensive, hoof the ball, couter attack etc etc) and he wants everyone in the team to follow his system regardless of the type of players he has. oh and also he has no plan b. never.

where as kenny looks at the players he has and tries to get the best out of them. he will play the team to their strengths play more free flowing, attacking football. I was saying to my mate yesterday before the game that I obviously wanted us to win but more importantly, I wanted to see the hunger and pride return to the team. my first reaction was that it was happening...and kenny's only been a manager for one evening.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #57: Jan 10, 2011 11:34:01 am
      Love you Nando :)  :hug:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #58: Jan 10, 2011 11:41:41 am
      It's not about goal scoring at this point mate. His work rate is f**king poor. I saw Lucas, Gerrard and Meireles all coming from the midfield to press harder then he was. Not happy with it. Sort it out, Nando.
      funny Kenny said he ran himself into the ground.

Quick Reply