Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Pundits and Commentators

Read 454682 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #322: Jun 15, 2014 06:27:49 pm
      Looks like Brendan is having a fine time anyway:-

I think he's earned his summer break, whether it is with stormtroopers or not!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #323: Jun 15, 2014 06:55:54 pm
      Looks like Brendan is having a fine time anyway:-

All in black, surrounded by stormtroopers and heard to mutter "I find your lack of faith disturbing".  If he ever tells a certain Mr Chadwick that he's his father, Disney might sue.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #324: Jun 15, 2014 09:27:29 pm
      For anyone who hasn't seen the France game tonight you've missed one of the worst examples of commentating in quite some time, possibly ever.

Jonathan 'doesn't know a goal when he sees it' Pearce.

Absolute sh*te .
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #325: Jun 15, 2014 09:50:50 pm
      For anyone who hasn't seen the France game tonight you've missed one of the worst examples of commentating in quite some time, possibly ever.

Absolute sh*te .
      Thought it would take a lot to top Clarke Carlisle saying Ecuador must be a good side if Jackson Martinez can't get in it, but that whole game was ridiculous from Pearce. Keown not that much better either - having a go at Sakho because an Arsenal man was left out of the defence, then saying Sagna is more of a man than Debuchy?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #326: Jun 15, 2014 10:05:22 pm

Absolute sh*te .

It was painful wasn't it mate. His anti-Liverpool commentary too really grates on me. The way he was itching to criticise Sakho, when working for the BBC, is inexcusable in my book. It wasn't subtle, nor hidden, it was bloody blatant.

Also agree with your assessment of Phil Neville above, a pot plant could have provided more entertainment than that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #327: Jun 15, 2014 10:27:35 pm

Absolute sh*te .

I was screaming for Martin Keown to put him correct on it. Didn't have a clue what he was commentating on.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #328: Jun 15, 2014 10:52:41 pm
      Interesting seeing Neil Lennon sitting next to Shearer....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPp0teYYi70
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #329: Jun 16, 2014 12:05:43 am

Lennon is a very good pundit unlike his 'pal' Shearer.
      Phil Neville was awful last night someone at the beeb has blatantly looked at how good his brother is and given him a job on his brothers back - shocking
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #330: Jun 16, 2014 12:12:50 am
      Thought it would take a lot to top Clarke Carlisle saying Ecuador must be a good side if Jackson Martinez can't get in it, but that whole game was ridiculous from Pearce.

I don't think he meant Ecuador, they came up on the subject of Columbia very briefly.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #331: Jun 16, 2014 12:36:38 am
      What more can you expect of Jonathan Pearce considering he used to make a living commentating on a bunch of nerds battling it out with their upturned dustbin lids?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #332: Jun 16, 2014 07:55:47 am
      What more can you expect of Jonathan Pearce considering he used to make a living commentating on a bunch of nerds battling it out with their upturned dustbin lids?

the guy is beyond awful, i thought motson was bad enough but Pearce is truly shocking
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #333: Jun 16, 2014 09:24:33 am

Watch this if you can funny stuff

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ns9Q1Q0d9BA&feature=youtu.be
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #334: Jun 16, 2014 01:20:56 pm
      I didn't mind Nevilles summarising and found the low key approach refreshing, but that might have more to do with the voice of townsend.
      After listening to him reading aloud from "The Big Book Of Football Cliches", I suspect anyone would sound half decent.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #335: Jun 16, 2014 05:34:06 pm
      First mention this tournament to Clive Tyldesley. Will do anything to shoe horn his beloved Manchester United into the conversation of any football match. T**t.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #336: Jun 16, 2014 06:00:29 pm
      Adrian Chiles you complete and utter bellend!! He makes me want to put my head through the tele!! Blaming Muller more than Pepe for tthe incident where Pepe got sent off. Yes Muller made a meal of it but he didn't then make Pepe walk back over to him and headbutt him you w**ker! How that bloke is still in a job and after all this time is beyond me. Go back to pile of crap One Show, would rather go and watch paint dry with Michael Owen commentating on it than see Chiles on the tv.

Rant over.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #337: Jun 16, 2014 07:28:15 pm
      Adrian Chiles you complete and utter bellend!! He makes me want to put my head through the tele!! Blaming Muller more than Pepe for tthe incident where Pepe got sent off. Yes Muller made a meal of it but he didn't then make Pepe walk back over to him and headbutt him you w**ker! How that bloke is still in a job and after all this time is beyond me. Go back to pile of crap One Show, would rather go and watch paint dry with Michael Owen commentating on it than see Chiles on the tv.

Rant over.

And nor do I want to hear about what he wants to do with Cannavaro and Vieira on the Copacabana. He's only one step away from uttering 'Well that's it from us, I'm off to grease up Patrick and Fabio on the beach below'.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #338: Jun 16, 2014 07:56:30 pm
      First game I've listened to via the radio, so much f'n better.  It's not great, but it's shows how poor the TV pundits are.
      « Last Edit: Jun 16, 2014 08:19:04 pm by Roddenberry »
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #339: Jun 16, 2014 08:15:09 pm

Rant over.

:lmao:
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #340: Jun 16, 2014 10:28:59 pm
      Some of the commentary at this WC has been absolutely shocking. Pretty much par for the course though if you look at usual performances from the profession.

I've got to admit though I don't mind the BBC panel so much, even if I don't always agree with their opinions.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #341: Jun 16, 2014 10:35:52 pm
      Neville - one extreme to the other. Spoke at 1mph the other night then 100mph tonight. He hardly ever came up for air.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #342: Jun 16, 2014 10:50:57 pm
      Thought Neville was alright in the studio. Never heard him on the England game as I was in the pub for it, but I felt a bit sorry for the guy when I saw some of the things on his twitter feed. No one will ever be worse than Townsend for me but Clark Carlisle's patronising, know it all style runs him close.

Henry and Seedorf far and away the best IMO, but I also like Neil Lennon if only that gobs***e Shearer would let others finish their sentences then we might actually hear some decent analysis.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #343: Jun 16, 2014 11:12:27 pm
      Robbie Savage is pretty decent. A better analyst than commentator though.

Phil Neville, my god, the only way this guy could get more depressing is if he volunteered for the Samaritans helpline.

And a side note, why do the foreigners (Henry, Seedorf, Viera) talk better English than the bloody English we have on these panels?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #344: Jun 16, 2014 11:30:02 pm

And a side note, why do the foreigners (Henry, Seedorf, Viera) talk better English than the bloody English we have on these panels?

Because they were world class players with game intelligence and know what they are talking about. The English ones always seem like they are trying to think of something smart to say and end up sounding completely moronic.

Quick Reply