Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Pundits and Commentators

Read 448712 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #3887: Jan 16, 2024 01:57:35 pm
      😂 cheeky kunt finished 2nd as you’ll know to the 3 that I said would lead. However, as it finished 8/11 and you did what I said you’d of still won on the race. 😉

You need a L plate in betting laa it’s a win win as stated. 😂

Ps.. it will win though, got crowded round the first bend, that’s racing. 🤷‍♂️

I got F**k all out of it ya pr**k, yeah I might need L plates the same as you need L plates for football knowledge, you only have to look at who you support to tell you that, that’s football, at the moment you’re lot are being crowded out of a top six finish, and that’s me being kind, probably 8th is more likely, fyi, I had ÂŁ20 on the nose, what did you get out of it fuckwit ??   :f_whistle:

YNWA

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,174 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3888: Jan 16, 2024 08:19:56 pm

I got F**k all out of it ya pr**k, yeah I might need L plates the same as you need L plates for football knowledge, you only have to look at who you support to tell you that, that’s football, at the moment you’re lot are being crowded out of a top six finish, and that’s me being kind, probably 8th is more likely, fyi, I had ÂŁ20 on the nose, what did you get out of it fuckwit ??   :f_whistle:

YNWA

At 8/11 finishing price I had a bet to nothing which basically you break round about even. I’m having another one tomorrow mate. 🤦‍♂️😆  The same rules will apply. No idea what price it will be yet till in the morning when the post show them. However, like the other day it will finish odds on. 😉

Let’s hope the racing post put another rick up ( that means a mistake for thick kunts like you ) 
      I take it you don’t want to gamble again given the other one got beat. I did call 1st & 2nd just in the wrong order. 😂

Ps. On a serious note I do mean well Billy when giving you my selection, I don’t post many as the thread was taken down while back. The lads that bet them on here are not losing long term. 😉
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #3889: Jan 20, 2024 03:44:00 pm
      Can somebody teach Steve Sidwell how to say Birmingham instead of "Birmunum"
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #3890: Jan 21, 2024 06:34:07 pm
      Glenn Murray on BBC:

“I’m sure Manchester City will know they have a fight on their hands.”

Hold on, which side are 5 points clear at the top? Was sure it was us but apparently we’re just the plucky underdog prepared to give City a “fight”.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #3891: Jan 21, 2024 07:54:28 pm
      Alan Smith regarding Nunez on "the fans cheer his name even when he misses".

Well yeah you soft c**t, that's what you call support.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,089 posts | 2118 
      Reply #3892: Jan 21, 2024 07:58:10 pm

Awful commentator.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Reply #3893: Jan 21, 2024 09:55:52 pm

Absolute dickhead that guy.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      Reply #3894: Jan 21, 2024 11:23:26 pm

Smudger, he’s the pr**k’s pr**k isn’t he ?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #3895: Jan 24, 2024 03:24:16 pm
      Paul Merson being his usual dickhead self.

Liverpool aren't favourites
      In his latest column, Paul Merson dissects the Premier League title race and Tottenham vs Man City in the FA Cup; Merse: "Liverpool can't churn out wins the way Man City can"

In his latest Sky Sports column, Paul Merson dissects the Premier League title race and previews Man City's FA Cup tie at Spurs.

Liverpool aren't title favourites - their bid could be over in a week

Liverpool's win at Bournemouth was a big football result. That was a potential banana skin. No Mohamed Salah, no Trent Alexander-Arnold, you saw Bournemouth beat Newcastle then go to Manchester United and win.

There's a time to play teams and that wasn't a good time to play Bournemouth. Liverpool came away from that game with flying colours.

I've always said Liverpool will be there at the end of the season. They just have loads of forwards - five of them in fact - and they all score goals. You see Darwin Nunez missing loads of chances - I would rather have a forward missing loads than one who looks like he's never going to get one.

Luis Diaz, Nunez, Cody Gakpo and Diogo Jota - bar Salah there's not a lot between them. So they've always got someone - that's a massive advantage for them.

If you take Erling Haaland out of the Man City attack, it's weaker as there's no-one there to replace him with. Yes they have Julian Alvarez, who is a good player and will do a job, but he's not Haaland.

I won't say Liverpool are title favourites though. City can just churn, churn and churn out wins. They can go 10 games without losing, easily. Look at them now, they've won eight out of their last nine matches [in all competitions].

Their squad is just too big. They've had one of Haaland and Kevin De Bruyne out since the start of the season and they're still there.

The difference between City, Liverpool and Arsenal is City can go for 10 wins in a row and nobody will pay any attention to it. If Liverpool and Arsenal do it, it's a big thing.

And it could all be over for Liverpool in the title race in one week. They play Chelsea at home - you have no idea which Chelsea is going to turn up. They can play, so that's a hard game.

Then they go Arsenal away, and if it goes like the way the FA Cup game went then Arsenal will win that game. Before you know it, it's all over for Liverpool.

I think Arsenal are still in the title race. They had a big result the other day and they're still there and thereabouts, so you have to put them in the equation.

But Gabriel Jesus and Eddie Nketiah won't score as many goals between them as Salah - and he is on the right wing. That's a massive advantage for Liverpool, who will be in the race for a long time if they keep playing as they are.

Man City will take FA Cup game at Spurs seriously

Man City still haven't scored a goal at Tottenham's new stadium yet, so they will take that very seriously. It's not a great place for them to go, so they want to break that hoodoo.

They have to go to Tottenham later in the Premier League season, so if City lose this - either 1-0 or 2-0 again - it will create a psychological issue for them.

If Tottenham win this game, then the FA Cup opens up for them. They will have beaten the team you need to beat to win the FA Cup.

This is a big game, not just for Tottenham, but for everyone else in the FA Cup.

Timo Werner could make his home debut for Spurs that day. That Man Utd game was a tough one for him to come into on his debut, he ran through a lot and missed the target a couple of times.

I thought he was a good signing for Tottenham. I actually think that if he hadn't played for Chelsea in the past, then Chelsea would have gone for him this January. It would have suited them - he's pacy and he can score a goal.

The one frustrating thing that happened for him at Chelsea is he constantly ran offside. It was amazing how many times he did that. When you're playing that quickly, you don't have to be on the last shoulder of the defender.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/13054989/merson-says-liverpool-arent-premier-league-title-favourites
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #3896: Jan 24, 2024 03:28:36 pm
      Paul Merson being his usual dickhead self.

Liverpool aren't favourites
      In his latest column, Paul Merson dissects the Premier League title race and Tottenham vs Man City in the FA Cup; Merse: "Liverpool can't churn out wins the way Man City can"

In his latest Sky Sports column, Paul Merson dissects the Premier League title race and previews Man City's FA Cup tie at Spurs.

Liverpool aren't title favourites - their bid could be over in a week

Liverpool's win at Bournemouth was a big football result. That was a potential banana skin. No Mohamed Salah, no Trent Alexander-Arnold, you saw Bournemouth beat Newcastle then go to Manchester United and win.

There's a time to play teams and that wasn't a good time to play Bournemouth. Liverpool came away from that game with flying colours.

I've always said Liverpool will be there at the end of the season. They just have loads of forwards - five of them in fact - and they all score goals. You see Darwin Nunez missing loads of chances - I would rather have a forward missing loads than one who looks like he's never going to get one.

Luis Diaz, Nunez, Cody Gakpo and Diogo Jota - bar Salah there's not a lot between them. So they've always got someone - that's a massive advantage for them.

If you take Erling Haaland out of the Man City attack, it's weaker as there's no-one there to replace him with. Yes they have Julian Alvarez, who is a good player and will do a job, but he's not Haaland.

I won't say Liverpool are title favourites though. City can just churn, churn and churn out wins. They can go 10 games without losing, easily. Look at them now, they've won eight out of their last nine matches [in all competitions].

Their squad is just too big. They've had one of Haaland and Kevin De Bruyne out since the start of the season and they're still there.

The difference between City, Liverpool and Arsenal is City can go for 10 wins in a row and nobody will pay any attention to it. If Liverpool and Arsenal do it, it's a big thing.

And it could all be over for Liverpool in the title race in one week. They play Chelsea at home - you have no idea which Chelsea is going to turn up. They can play, so that's a hard game.

Then they go Arsenal away, and if it goes like the way the FA Cup game went then Arsenal will win that game. Before you know it, it's all over for Liverpool.

I think Arsenal are still in the title race. They had a big result the other day and they're still there and thereabouts, so you have to put them in the equation.

But Gabriel Jesus and Eddie Nketiah won't score as many goals between them as Salah - and he is on the right wing. That's a massive advantage for Liverpool, who will be in the race for a long time if they keep playing as they are.

Man City will take FA Cup game at Spurs seriously

Man City still haven't scored a goal at Tottenham's new stadium yet, so they will take that very seriously. It's not a great place for them to go, so they want to break that hoodoo.

They have to go to Tottenham later in the Premier League season, so if City lose this - either 1-0 or 2-0 again - it will create a psychological issue for them.

If Tottenham win this game, then the FA Cup opens up for them. They will have beaten the team you need to beat to win the FA Cup.

This is a big game, not just for Tottenham, but for everyone else in the FA Cup.

Timo Werner could make his home debut for Spurs that day. That Man Utd game was a tough one for him to come into on his debut, he ran through a lot and missed the target a couple of times.

I thought he was a good signing for Tottenham. I actually think that if he hadn't played for Chelsea in the past, then Chelsea would have gone for him this January. It would have suited them - he's pacy and he can score a goal.

The one frustrating thing that happened for him at Chelsea is he constantly ran offside. It was amazing how many times he did that. When you're playing that quickly, you don't have to be on the last shoulder of the defender.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/13054989/merson-says-liverpool-arent-premier-league-title-favourites

Hopefully works out the same way as his prediction about our chances against Barca in 07 when he laughed his head off.

No wonder the c**t had permanent gambling debts.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #3897: Jan 24, 2024 03:31:21 pm
      Hopefully works out the same way as his prediction about our chances against Barca in 07 when he laughed his head off.

One of those moments I always go back to and rewatch when I need a laugh.

The fella really is a pillock.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,617 posts | 753 
      Reply #3898: Jan 24, 2024 07:17:39 pm
      All these pundits across all media platforms keep saying the same narrative. "Virgil Van Dijk finally back to his best after his injury"

Not realizing he was injured in 20/21 and the season AFTER his injury (in 21/22) Liverpool almost won all 4 competitions and he probably had his best season ever. It was only last season (22/23) when we had the blip.

These guys do not do any research and just shoot from the hip, vibes and feeling over facts.

They need to be called out. Everything they say needs to be questioned ;D

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #3899: Jan 25, 2024 03:07:18 pm
      Didn’t realise that we will never ever concede now and forever if we put Chris Sutton in goal.

‘Makes a mess’… Chris Sutton slates Liverpool player in Carabao Cup clash with Fulham
      Giuseppe Labellarte
      Wed 24 January 2024 22:03, UK

Liverpool goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher received criticism from Chris Sutton for a second-half moment in the Reds’ Carabao Cup semi-final second leg against Fulham.

The 25-year-old Reds stopper is Jürgen Klopp‘s Carabao Cup keeper and made his fifth start in this year’s competition on Wednesday night.

In the 55th minute of the match, Kelleher missed his attempt to catch Willian’s ball into the box, but was handed a reprieve when Andreas Pereira smashed his shot onto the post.

Sutton, speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live, was not impressed with what he saw from the Reds goalkeeper as Fulham pressed for an equaliser.

“I think Darwin Nunez picked the wrong pass, he should have picked out Luis Diaz’s run,” Sutton said, via the BBC Sport website.

“At the other end Caoimhin Kelleher makes a mess of the cross, he completely mistimes it, Andreas Pereira against the post from an angle.”

Mixed night for Liverpool goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher as Reds go through to Carabao Cup final

Kelleher also could’ve potentially done better for Issa Diop’s goal, but he saved well in the first half from Raul Jimenez and from Willian

In the second half, the Irishman went on to make a good save to keep out a dangerous Harry Wilson effort.

Sutton claimed that the Liverpool man was fortunate to keep the ball out, saying: “Harry Wilson has been the difference maker, Caoimhin Kelleher gets so lucky the ball somehow goes round the post.”

Kelleher and his teammates ultimately did enough as Liverpool drew 1-1 on the night but held on for a 3-2 aggregate win in the tie.

The result enabled the Reds to book a spot in their 14th League Cup final, where they’ll take on Chelsea at Wembley Stadium on Sunday 25 February.

https://tbrfootball.com/makes-a-mess-chris-sutton-slates-liverpool-player-in-carabao-cup-clash-with-fulham/
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #3900: Jan 25, 2024 03:57:59 pm
      Was made up to see us go through yesterday in front of that pr**k Michail Antonio.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #3901: Jan 25, 2024 08:41:58 pm
      Was made up to see us go through yesterday in front of that pr**k Michail Antonio.

Oh yeah, Remembering his predictions for us earlier in the season.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Wonder what he's thinking now.

First class tw*t that's for sure,
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #3902: Jan 27, 2024 11:34:37 pm
      Loved sky talking to Aldo about JĂźrgen leaving and about us winning our "first" Premier League Title and Aldo telling them straight that we'd won it 18 times previous, they just changed the name.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3903: Feb 11, 2024 04:01:56 pm
      Sky’s commentary was woeful today Arsenal did well but all the commentator and Alan Smith spoke about was how well they did against Liverpool had to turn the sound off in the end, kept it off till the next game starts as Mersin and Kean were in the studio…….utter sh*te
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,846 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3904: Feb 12, 2024 06:16:00 am
      Had that c**t Stephen Warnock again.

Bitter c**t was bitter from the very 1st minute when Jota won that ball fair and square on the wing...  ref gives a dodgy FK....Warnock: Ref got that spot on!!! - F**k u, you Bitter Clown.

I wanna punch him the face!!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      Reply #3905: Feb 12, 2024 10:41:55 am
      Had that c**t Stephen Warnock again.

Bitter c**t was bitter from the very 1st minute when Jota won that ball fair and square on the wing...  ref gives a dodgy FK....Warnock: Ref got that spot on!!! - F**k u, you Bitter Clown.

I wanna punch him the face!!!

I’d rather rip his spine out and poke him up the arse with it 😜
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,846 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3906: Feb 14, 2024 05:03:53 am

I’d rather rip his spine out and poke him up the arse with it 😜

Now how am I supposed to get that picture out of my head!  :lmao:
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #3907: Feb 17, 2024 02:48:47 pm
      Jenas in a really patronising manner saying, Maybe they’ll thank us for all these lunch time kick offs now.

Who does he think he is, sh*te commentator and a two bit player at best. Grinds my gears that pr**k.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #3908: Feb 17, 2024 02:51:20 pm
      Jenas in a really patronising manner saying, Maybe they’ll thank us for all these lunch time kick offs now.

Who does he think he is, sh*te commentator and a two bit player at best. Grinds my gears that pr**k.

Hahaha yeah should stick to being a bland c**t on the one show.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Reply #3909: Feb 17, 2024 05:09:13 pm

Another absolute dickhead.

Quick Reply