Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pundits and Commentators

Read 430494 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #1081: Feb 25, 2018 05:48:00 pm
      Not lazy. He's just f**king thick as pig sh*t.

Completely. He's the one man on earth where if you performed a lobotomy on him you'd probably improve his intelligence.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4880 
      Reply #1082: Feb 25, 2018 05:52:53 pm
      Completely. He's the one man on earth where if you performed a lobotomy on him you'd probably improve his intelligence.

;D

Can't listen to him. Where does he be on anyway to spout his rubbish?

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,147 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1083: Feb 25, 2018 07:08:08 pm
      ;D

Can't listen to him. Where does he be on anyway to spout his rubbish?

One of the Sky Sports ‘experts’ who gets to spout his nonsense on Soccer Saturday every week.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1084: Feb 25, 2018 07:31:27 pm
      One of the Sky Sports ‘experts’ who gets to spout his nonsense on Soccer Saturday every week.

Soccer Saturday is the 21st century version of the Victorian freak show.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1085: Feb 25, 2018 07:35:57 pm
      Can't remember who it was, commentator during Liverpool v Everton was just constantly saying how slow Karius was without any merit. Surprised he is allowed out in the daytime.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1086: Mar 04, 2018 03:09:49 pm
      Don't know if it's been mentioned on here before but Gerrard and Lampard are probably the two best ex pros on tv at the moment. Not the sort of click bait attention seeking headlines the likes of Neville and even Carra commit on Sky Sports. Everything they says comes from a considered, relatively unbiased perspective with great insights from their own experiences on the football field.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1087: Mar 04, 2018 03:13:17 pm
      The true end of times is here. Forget the threat of a criminal holy war in Brazil, the threat to the world by that moron Trump or ISIS, I just heard Pat Nevin praise Liverpool without putting a proviso or backhanded dig on it.
      RedWilly

• 9,147 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1088: Mar 04, 2018 08:46:56 pm
      Don't know if it's been mentioned on here before but Gerrard and Lampard are probably the two best ex pros on tv at the moment. Not the sort of click bait attention seeking headlines the likes of Neville and even Carra commit on Sky Sports. Everything they says comes from a considered, relatively unbiased perspective with great insights from their own experiences on the football field.

Not surprising. Both were very intelligent footballers and from what I’ve seen of them on interviews and as pundits, only say something when it’s worth mentioning.

I do like Carra and Neville,but at times it does stray a bit too much into the ‘banter boys’ nonsense for me.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1089: Mar 04, 2018 08:56:20 pm
      Not surprising. Both were very intelligent footballers and from what I’ve seen of them on interviews and as pundits, only say something when it’s worth mentioning.

I do like Carra and Neville,but at times it does stray a bit too much into the ‘banter boys’ nonsense for me.

Gerrard and Lampard were both excellent in the brain and with the feet but so was Scholes...and he's about as dull, miserable and uninformative as Philip Hammond reading out the iTunes terms and conditions.

Same as the morally reprehensible Ryan Giggs - if there were two players who you would point out as totally unsuitable for a tv career judging by their post match 'interviews' it's those two dullards.
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #1090: Mar 04, 2018 09:36:59 pm

Neville is a knowall. I mean I suppose you could say it took guts to go to Spain for his first managerial job. But getting sent packing has not humbled him. Still spouting his " I'm always right" attitude. Not that taken with Carra either to be fair.

Don't watch or listen to any of them to much these days.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1091: Mar 04, 2018 09:55:22 pm

I was thinking of coming in here and talk of my surprise at how good Gerrard is as a pundit! I agree, he and Lamps are great, I also like Ferdinand! As for Carra, I'm not a fan of his and haven't been since day one of his punditry, I just find it takes him forever to get to the point!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1092: Mar 04, 2018 10:13:47 pm
      Neville is a knowall. I mean I suppose you could say it took guts to go to Spain for his first managerial job. But getting sent packing has not humbled him. Still spouting his " I'm always right" attitude. Not that taken with Carra either to be fair.

Don't watch or listen to any of them to much these days.

Yeah - you'd think making a tit of yourself in the dugout and almost relegating Valencia* would produce at least a modicum of humility within yourself but with Neville? Not a chance.

* Let's remember he was Roy's right hand man in the dugout when England were humiliatingly dumped out of the Euros to Iceland...so he's got that on his conscience as well!
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #1093: Mar 04, 2018 10:21:50 pm
      I was thinking of coming in here and talk of my surprise at how good Gerrard is as a pundit! I agree, he and Lamps are great, I also like Ferdinand! As for Carra, I'm not a fan of his and haven't been since day one of his punditry, I just find it takes him forever to get to the point!

Bit of a daft double act. Early days for Gerrard. I might watch if he's on but I mean when they give Merson so much air time it just becomes annoying. And Jamie Redknapp is another one. Theiry Henry is terrible. Sky have paid him a fortune just to mumble away.

But the biggest git is the oh so patronising tedious Roy Keane. When he played he made no secret of his contempt for pundits. Said he'd never do it. And now he does take the TV filthy lucre.

He comes accross as if they have him kidnapped at gunpoint and if he doesn't say his bit they'll shoot his dog or leave his Grannie in the middle of the motorway or something. The worst pundit with the biggest head in football.
      Epsomred
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #1094: Mar 09, 2018 12:17:38 pm
      My worst three :

Hoddle - just describes what is happening. It's like he is commenting for the blind.
      Lawro - hate to say it but he's awful and getting more miserable by the week.
      Keane - why does he bother if it is such a painful experience for him.   

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1095: Mar 09, 2018 12:23:10 pm
      My worst three :

Hoddle - just describes what is happening. It's like he is commenting for the blind.
      Lawro - hate to say it but he's awful and getting more miserable by the week.
      Keane - why does he bother if it is such a painful experience for him.   

I have a top 5. Mine are, Savage, Owen, P.Neville, Yorke and Merson.
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #1096: Mar 11, 2018 07:16:54 pm
      Rooney did some analysis on Sky, came over quite well. Said he'd like to go into management. Just wonder if Everton might jettison Fat Sam and take a chance on Rooney as Player manager. Wouldn't rule it out.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1097: Mar 12, 2018 01:59:01 pm
      You shaking the hand of the fella who spits at your 14 year old son/daughter then? Not even as if it's bad verbal getting given out.

I'd love to stick up for him but with this? Na, scum bag behaviour.

I am not even close to agreeing with you on this one, mate.

Not once have i condoned Carra for spitting, Carra was baited and he reacted. He spat at the car not the girl.

I wouldn't be filming on a mobile phone with my boys in the car whilst driving.

His daughter asks him to stop and he goes against her wishes, you can clearly see she is scared, she is the barrier between her father and Carra. What kind of father puts his daughter in a volatile and dangerous situation like that?

This whole situation was borne out of the Manc's desire to seek a bit of fame at the potential cost of the life of his daughter / pedestrian / road user. Why did he feel the need to film it? So he could show it to his admiring friends on Twatbook?

Carra was wrong to react in the manner he did but he was provoked. Any action that causes a reaction is a provocation, though i admit that is subjective. If the driver keeps his window shut then Carra doesn't react and drives on. The driver persists filming and shouting.

Everyone has a different view on this, i'm with Carra on this. As wrong as it was to react the way he did, he was minding his own business until that fame seeking tw*t pulled up by the side of him.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,671 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1098: Mar 12, 2018 05:53:53 pm
      It's possible both drivers couple be charged for (1) Carra for driving without due care & attention, and (2) other driver using a mobile phone whilst driving. Main thing  for me Is Carra  keeps his job though.

I'd give Carra a fine and have it donated to charity.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1099: Mar 12, 2018 06:06:31 pm
      He did wrong and should pay for his own mistakes. He shouldn't be crucified neither. Both drivers did wrong as well.

He's still a Liverpool Legend :)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1100: Mar 12, 2018 07:05:44 pm
      It's possible both drivers couple be charged for (1) Carra for driving without due care & attention, and (2) other driver using a mobile phone whilst driving. Main thing  for me Is Carra  keeps his job though.

Maybe use a bit of the fine to buy the other belter an umbrella......
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1101: Mar 12, 2018 07:40:09 pm
      Is the guy's passenger door unlocked ?
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #1102: Mar 13, 2018 03:30:43 pm

That's a very reasonable response, thanks and I was on Red caff, and I have to say most of the posts were very reasonable. Lot of disgust and outrage, but by and large very reasonable. I thank them for that.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1103: Mar 14, 2018 09:40:33 pm
      This much I know - only the English commentators  could (1) spend 70 mins convincing self that Chelsea are outplaying Barca 0-3 (2) have been telling us 12 months ago Hazard was in same level as Messi.........they’re not even playing the same game.....

Quick Reply