Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pundits and Commentators

Read 438573 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #1104: Mar 15, 2018 12:02:01 pm
      This much I know - only the English commentators  could (1) spend 70 mins convincing self that Chelsea are outplaying Barca 0-3 (2) have been telling us 12 months ago Hazard was in same level as Messi.........they’re not even playing the same game.....

Don't forget that this summer is World Cup glory....again!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1105: Mar 29, 2018 09:03:27 pm
      Not strictly a commentator or pundit but apparently natalie sawyer has left sky, i can't cope, why ? Why ? Take jim white but natalie no, noooooooo
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1106: Mar 30, 2018 09:32:55 am
      Top 3 Favorites:
      1. Carra/G.Neville
      2. Dietmar Hamann/Souness/Damien Duff on RTE in Ireland. Excellent. But RTE is very good to allow
          anything ti be said. The stuff that is said on it would get you sacked on Sky
      3. Gerrard & Lampard on BT. Love the discussions they have about their playing careers.

Top 3 Most Disliked:
      1. Thierry Henry - talks like he is a philosopher who has won everything in the game as a manager and not
          player. Makes no sense half the time.
      2. Michael Owen - state the obvious Michael should stick to the horses in retirement.
      3. Phil Neville - the least intelligent football mind on TV.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #1107: Mar 30, 2018 11:10:31 am
      Carra was stupid to mention the Aussies taking the heat of his spitting escapade, and bringing it into the press again. Giving the gutter press another opportunity to bad mouth him.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      Reply #1108: Mar 30, 2018 11:16:04 am
      Carra was stupid to mention the Aussies taking the heat of his spitting escapade, and bringing it into the press again. Giving the gutter press another opportunity to bad mouth him.

Thought it was quite funny
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #1109: Apr 01, 2018 05:39:52 pm
      The thought of Salah beating Kane to the golden boot is absolutely killing Martin Tyler.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1110: Apr 01, 2018 05:46:09 pm
      The thought of Salah beating Kane to the golden boot is absolutely killing Martin Tyler.

Hard to believe he's still allowed to dribble his nonsense live on air. And that's not even mentioning just what a F***ing bore he is.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1111: Apr 01, 2018 06:01:04 pm
      Hard to believe he's still allowed to dribble his nonsense live on air. And that's not even mentioning just what a f**king bore he is.

What is more hard to believe is how some posters on here can probably analyze a game a lot better than these ex professionals.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #1112: Apr 01, 2018 10:57:18 pm
      What is more hard to believe is how some posters on here can probably analyze a game a lot better than these ex professionals.

The fact some (no one on this forum) advocate De Bruyne to win ahead of Salah, after a record breaking season, show the bias in the media.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #1113: Apr 02, 2018 05:23:39 pm
      The fact some (no one on this forum) advocate De Bruyne to win ahead of Salah, after a record breaking season, show the bias in the media.

I'm not even sure it's bias mate.

Many pundits just follow the crowd and stick to an opinion.

It's been the common line in the media that De Bruyne should be player of the year for ages now and they don't seem to want to consider that might just be the wrong player.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      Reply #1114: Apr 02, 2018 06:05:34 pm
      Ooh garth crooks on the bbc website having a pop at JĂŒrgen over the ManĂ© 'penalty",  not sure if the big man will be able to sleep at night
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1115: Apr 02, 2018 07:34:26 pm
      Ooh garth crooks on the bbc website having a pop at JĂŒrgen over the ManĂ© 'penalty",  not sure if the big man will be able to sleep at night

F***ing w**ker talks about an apparent touch by McArthur on Mane and diisappears up his own arsehole in trying to convince there was no touch and Mane is a cheat.

All it boils down to is the ref missed the pen.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #1116: Apr 03, 2018 11:36:49 am
      Garth crooks, just a cod eyed Marty Feldman looking tw*t.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1117: Apr 03, 2018 09:30:54 pm
      Garth crooks, just a cod eyed Marty Feldman looking tw*t.

Never heard of Marty Feldman so had to Google him, got to say Jimscouse, you are spot on  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Jimsouse67

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #1118: Apr 04, 2018 09:27:01 am
      Never heard of Marty Feldman so had to Google him, got to say Jimscouse, you are spot on  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

On a side note & off topic he was a very very funny English actor,if you've not seen it then the Mel brooks film 'young Frankenstein' is essential viewing.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      Reply #1119: Apr 05, 2018 08:41:41 pm

Ozil's grandad !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #1120: Apr 05, 2018 09:06:51 pm

Younger brother 😳
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1121: Apr 05, 2018 09:52:04 pm
      Love child
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1122: Apr 15, 2018 07:21:18 pm
      Watched a YouTube clip there of Andy Grays show in Qatar. His guests were ex goalie Paul Robinson, Ok pretty standard. Who else I hear you ask...Peter Reid, Alan Pardew, John Barnes, Gordon Strachan.....Nah just little Harry Winks! Harry f***in Winks, he’s played about 4 professional games wft!!!
      https://youtu.be/lAdf5m83UTA

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1123: Apr 15, 2018 07:42:33 pm
      I still can’t get over Harry Winks oh my days

My biggest bug bear with English based pundits is how uniformed a lot most of them are. If I earned my living talking about football I would make sure I knew what I was talking about. I would study at least European, if not world football diligently. I’d read every article, watch every programme, listen to every podcast I could. I’d know about Naby Keita before he transferred to Leipzig never mind to us. I’d have numbers and stats coming out my backside.
      I can’t remember who it was but just as a very small for instance someone on the tv this past week said “Andy Robertson last season was playing at the bottom of the Championship for Hull” - no he f***in wasn’t he was playing in the PL with Hull. Even our own Steven Gerrard quips after the midweek game with Citeh “Salah has dinked it in there with his weaker foot” - in case you’re blind Stevie Mo is left footed!
      When you listen to a lot of the continental based pundits (and journalists too) they are informed and take what they’re doing seriously. Most of our lot just spaff whatever nonsense first comes into their head
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1124: Apr 15, 2018 08:17:38 pm
      Top 3 Favorites:
      1. Carra/G.Neville
      2. Dietmar Hamann/Souness/Damien Duff on RTE in Ireland. Excellent. But RTE is very good to allow
          anything ti be said. The stuff that is said on it would get you sacked on Sky
      3. Gerrard & Lampard on BT. Love the discussions they have about their playing careers.

Top 3 Most Disliked:
      1. Thierry Henry - talks like he is a philosopher who has won everything in the game as a manager and not
          player. Makes no sense half the time.
      2. Michael Owen - state the obvious Michael should stick to the horses in retirement.
      3. Phil Neville - the least intelligent football mind on TV.

Agree with all that mate except Didi - I think he talks some fightful sh*te.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #1125: Apr 19, 2018 12:07:42 am
      Steve McMahon is just F***ing boss. He won't allow anybody to say a bad word about Liverpool Football Club. I still remember when he fronted Richard Keys because that hairy c**t dared suggest there was anybody bigger and better than Liverpool.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1126: Apr 24, 2018 11:29:10 pm

Quick Reply