Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429855 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #1219: Sep 13, 2018 01:43:33 pm
      Danny Murphy is the only one who doesn't talk a load of bollocks.

You'll be surprised, I find he chats loads of sh*t!!

I think Craig Bellamy is starting to turn into a good pundit.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1220: Sep 13, 2018 06:33:05 pm
      Bring back ron manager

https://youtu.be/X4I1ye2gcEo
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1221: Sep 15, 2018 06:43:10 pm
      Just saw Souness saying our attack is very reminiscent of Barca at their best....

Honestly, I love our attack and would rank it as the best in Europe currently (maybe on par with PSG?), but how can you compare it to Messi's peak years? Messi alone during his peak years is worth 3 of our attacking players combined imo.

Let's be honest , all of us would trade all 3 of our current front 3 for a peak Messi.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1222: Sep 15, 2018 06:52:49 pm
      Just saw Souness saying our attack is very reminiscent of Barca at their best....

Honestly, I love our attack and would rank it as the best in Europe currently (maybe on par with PSG?), but how can you compare it to Messi's peak years? Messi alone during his peak years is worth 3 of our attacking players combined imo.

Let's be honest , all of us would trade all 3 of our current front 3 for a peak Messi.
      I wouldn't. 3 excellent is better than one world class.
      When we had one world class striker, injuries get risky
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1223: Sep 15, 2018 07:08:32 pm
      I wouldn't. 3 excellent is better than one world class.
      When we had one world class striker, injuries get risky

Messi was more than world class. I bet we would be scoring more with a front line of, Messi with Downing and Moses as our wide players.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1224: Sep 16, 2018 11:19:13 pm
      Jermaine Jenas and Leon Osman on MOTD 2 spending 5 minutes of analysis praising Fellaini's role for them in Man Utd's match yesterday as though he's Claude Makelele. :lmao:

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1225: Sep 17, 2018 09:54:00 am
      Jermaine Jenas and Leon Osman on MOTD 2 spending 5 minutes of analysis praising Fellaini's role for them in Man Utd's match yesterday as though he's Claude Makelele. :lmao:

Jenas and Osman.....F**k me that's scraping the barrel!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1226: Sep 18, 2018 12:48:55 pm

Wrong, I'd rather have our front 3.

Yeah Messi's good and all that but would he be the same player away from Barca, I'm not sure, I still haven't seen it from him playing for Argentina.

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1227: Sep 18, 2018 03:25:20 pm
      Wrong, I'd rather have our front 3.

Yeah Messi's good and all that but would he be the same player away from Barca, I'm not sure, I still haven't seen it from him playing for Argentina.
      I’m sure he would mate, he certainly has done it for Argentina albeit not resulting in much silverware. Problem is that the weight of expectation of his whole country rests on his shoulders and when they inevitably fall short, he cops the blame. He dragged his nation kicking and screaming into the 2014 World Cup final, ending as the tournaments best player.

What he wouldn’t get away with, I don’t think, is his work rate (or lack thereof). He makes Sturridge look like a workhorse. I certainly wouldn’t have him at the expense of our front 3, that is a ridiculous statement.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1228: Sep 24, 2018 11:33:34 pm
      Anyone in the U.S. know if ESPN Plus shows games on demand. They have the League Cup rights but I will only be able to watch it later that evening. Can you see the game on a delay basis or is it live only?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1229: Sep 24, 2018 11:57:10 pm
      Anyone in the U.S. know if ESPN Plus shows games on demand. They have the League Cup rights but I will only be able to watch it later that evening. Can you see the game on a delay basis or is it live only?

Don't know ESPN+ is a paid content similar to NBC sports gold....i'm not going to pay so i guess i will be streaming with some dodgy link.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1230: Sep 25, 2018 12:12:38 am
      As much i love our front 3, messi would walk into our team all day long.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1231: Sep 25, 2018 01:25:56 am
      Don't know ESPN+ is a paid content similar to NBC sports gold....i'm not going to pay so i guess i will be streaming with some dodgy link.

there is a 7-day free trial, so...neither am I going to pay. If it is available on demand I am going to watch it however.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1232: Oct 14, 2018 07:22:23 pm
      RIP Peter Brackley, used to love him on channel 4's Italian football back in the day
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1233: Oct 14, 2018 07:52:56 pm
      RIP Peter Brackley, used to love him on channel 4's Italian football back in the day

Absolutely. And of course, he was the commentator on the original PES games! Unmistakable voice. RIP Peter Brackley
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #1234: Dec 03, 2018 06:23:31 pm
      Danny mills ✊💦💦💦
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1235: Dec 04, 2018 07:47:18 pm
      Danny mills is a marked man. BBC used to be a well respected channel back in the 70s thru to the 90s and they are worst than sh*t since then with commentators like mills and many others with mill's latest thuggish comments as in elbowing Klopp and all that. I'm truly shocked if mills did say that. Someone needs to elbow him out of the way. Anyone, has a video of that?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1236: Dec 04, 2018 09:51:07 pm
      Danny mills is a marked man. BBC used to be a well respected channel back in the 70s thru to the 90s and they are worst than sh*t since then with commentators like mills and many others with mill's latest thuggish comments as in elbowing Klopp and all that. I'm truly shocked if mills did say that. Someone needs to elbow him out of the way. Anyone, has a video of that?

That'll be Danny Mills, ex-Man City player. Christ he might even qualify as one of their legends!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1237: Dec 04, 2018 10:48:57 pm
      As much i love our front 3, messi would walk into our team all day long.

Not another get shut of Hendo post :f_tongueincheek:
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1238: Dec 05, 2018 10:58:37 pm
      Was watching a Canadian stream and Ian Dowie was doing the commentary,he was alright kinda waffled on a point long after an incident but seemed to like us,that's a plus.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1239: Dec 05, 2018 11:02:22 pm
      Was watching a Canadian stream and Ian Dowie was doing the commentary,he was alright kinda waffled on a point long after an incident but seemed to like us,that's a plus.

I was going to say the same thing as I was watching the same stream. I thought he was very complimentary of both Liverpool and Burnley this evening. A nice refreshing air of positivity from someone who clearly loves the game first and foremost. Not what I was expecting!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1240: Dec 05, 2018 11:09:50 pm
      I was going to say the same thing as I was watching the same stream. I thought he was very complimentary of both Liverpool and Burnley this evening. A nice refreshing air of positivity from someone who clearly loves the game first and foremost. Not what I was expecting!
      Watched this as well and agree it was good.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1241: Dec 06, 2018 12:57:59 am
      I have no idea what stream I watched, but I wasn't sure the co-commentator was sober.

Quick Reply