Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Pundits and Commentators

Read 446178 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #3611: Aug 28, 2023 07:14:41 pm
      Trent's yellow was a total farce. It was a clear push in the back and as he was getting up he flung the ball back in play. If the ref didn't think it was a foul he's in the wrong job. Trent just tossed the ball in as he sat up. Incredulous that no foul was given.

The rule is so petty. They should've clamped down on the likes of Trippier trying to get Trent sent off. That's what causes all kinds of anger. Giving the ref yap. Trippier is a gobby runt. He should've been booked.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3612: Aug 28, 2023 07:17:53 pm
      they all want Virgil banned for not leaving forgetting he is capt and he was waiting for VAR check he is in the spot light for all the shithouse pundits now
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #3613: Aug 28, 2023 07:18:35 pm
      they all want Virgil banned for not leaving forgetting he is capt and he was waiting for VAR check he is in the spot light for all the shithouse pundits now

I suspect the extra ban will be for the language he directed at the officials
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,378 posts | 783 
      Reply #3614: Aug 28, 2023 08:34:38 pm
      Trent's yellow was a total farce. It was a clear push in the back and as he was getting up he flung the ball back in play. If the ref didn't think it was a foul he's in the wrong job. Trent just tossed the ball in as he sat up. Incredulous that no foul was given.

The rule is so petty. They should've clamped down on the likes of Trippier trying to get Trent sent off. That's what causes all kinds of anger. Giving the ref yap. Trippier is a gobby runt. He should've been booked.
      The push was a deliberate, forceful enough to send TAA off the pitch and into the barrier. It was a clear foul. Not getting the free kick is what wound Trent up, and in frustration he threw the ball back with a "bit" of force. I believe the referee has said the yellow was for deliberate time wasting, this is evidently nonsense...what was to be gained from time wasting?...the game had only just started. Clear error from the ref., and VAR is not there to challenge the ref's judgement.
      Having unfairly been shown the yellow. He was pretty fortunate not be be sent off for the 2nd incident ...I think most ref's show a card for that.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 563 posts | 114 
      Reply #3615: Aug 28, 2023 08:39:37 pm

Trippier is a little rat b***ard chav.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,378 posts | 783 
      Reply #3616: Aug 29, 2023 03:31:02 pm
      Sutton on the BBC Monday Night Club says Liverpool are City's closest competition for the title....seems he's got that the wrong way round.... City are OUR closest rivals for the top spot!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,112 posts | 3367 
      Reply #3617: Sep 01, 2023 04:57:49 pm
      As irritating and nauseating as sky's coverage of deadline day is, it's a F***ing sight lot better now that tit Jim White has fu**ed off. Absolute gobs***e of the highest order. He'd be screaming himself hoarse because Cambridge had signed someone from Port Vale as if anybody actually cared.

Looks like they've knocked that daft idea of everybody having to wear yellow on the head as well.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,112 posts | 3367 
      Reply #3618: Sep 01, 2023 05:02:04 pm
      I take all that back because whoever this c**t is on now is a F***ing pr**k. Pete Graves apparently.

Jim White, all is forgiven.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 424 
      Reply #3619: Sep 01, 2023 06:14:39 pm
      As irritating and nauseating as sky's coverage of deadline day is, it's a F***ing sight lot better now that tit Jim White has fu**ed off. Absolute gobs***e of the highest order. He'd be screaming himself hoarse because Cambridge had signed someone from Port Vale as if anybody actually cared.

Looks like they've knocked that daft idea of everybody having to wear yellow on the head as well.

I think he's good on talksport far less animated on there than he was in his yellow tie on sky.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3620: Sep 01, 2023 06:31:19 pm
      turned the sh*te off now its a f***in pantomime talking sh*te for 5 more hours it doesnt get any better on the internet either.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 424 
      Reply #3621: Sep 01, 2023 07:09:09 pm
      turned the sh*te off now its a f***in pantomime talking sh*te for 5 more hours it doesnt get any better on the internet either.

Oh no it isn't
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3622: Sep 02, 2023 09:56:36 am
      SKY really do have the most annoying pundits and presenters and now despite all their talk they seem to be desperate to show the Saudi league As much as possible.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #3623: Sep 02, 2023 02:00:10 pm
      I think he's good on talksport far less animated on there than he was in his yellow tie on sky.

Face for radio ;)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3624: Sep 22, 2023 04:26:14 am
      According to them, we have defensive issues or crisis.

Lask never threatened us apart from their goal which was not an error.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12547135/Liverpools-defensive-issues-run-deep-Ryan-Gravenberch-fits-Jürgen-Klopps-midfield-Ben-Doak-rough-edges-FIVE-THINGS-LEARNED-Reds-3-1-comeback-win-LASK.html

They just assumed it because we were goal down again. Poor journalism.

My issue is that once you put it out there, people will start to believe it, which is not the case.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5016 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3625: Sep 22, 2023 05:26:47 am
      According to them, we have defensive issues or crisis.

Lask never threatened us apart from their goal which was not an error.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12547135/Liverpools-defensive-issues-run-deep-Ryan-Gravenberch-fits-Jürgen-Klopps-midfield-Ben-Doak-rough-edges-FIVE-THINGS-LEARNED-Reds-3-1-comeback-win-LASK.html

They just assumed it because we were goal down again. Poor journalism.

My issue is that once you put it out there, people will start to believe it, which is not the case.

What do you expect from the daily fail, I don’t bother with any newspaper printed sh*te, or indeed online pish, haven’t done for yrs, I’ll tune in to talkshite but very much with a open mind, the only Journo’s I might take heed of are The Athletic or the Anfield Wrap, but then some of that goes OTT too,

Souness, Hansen used to make sense when they applied their wisdom, but most just tell you what you know already and paint a totally different picture from what actually happens, and as for the female variety most haven’t a clue what the F**k their on about half the time, the other half is wondering if they look good enough for the cameras, having said that though Emma Hayes knows her sh*t, and is very good at explaining the why’s and what fors, most just tell you what you have just watched yourself and offer very little insight !!

YNWA
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3626: Sep 22, 2023 05:53:34 am

What do you expect from the daily fail, I don’t bother with any newspaper printed sh*te, or indeed online pish, haven’t done for yrs, I’ll tune in to talkshite but very much with a open mind, the only Journo’s I might take heed of are The Athletic or the Anfield Wrap, but then some of that goes OTT too,

Souness, Hansen used to make sense when they applied their wisdom, but most just tell you what you know already and paint a totally different picture from what actually happens, and as for the female variety most haven’t a clue what the F**k their on about half the time, the other half is wondering if they look good enough for the cameras, having said that though Emma Hayes knows her sh*t, and is very good at explaining the why’s and what fors, most just tell you what you have just watched yourself and offer very little insight !!

YNWA

The issue is not me but some plastic fans that believe everything the media reports.

Even The Athletic is going down the drain.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3627: Sep 22, 2023 07:04:54 am
      Journalism is dead. They just copy twitter and youtuber chat now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,115 posts | 2740 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3628: Sep 22, 2023 07:39:16 am
      Journalism is dead. They just copy twitter and youtuber chat now.

Bang on Brez.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #3629: Sep 22, 2023 05:26:04 pm
      I miss the good old days of Hansen. Smart, articulate and had enough personality without ever descending into the need for desperate "bantz".

Of course, these days the BBC wouldn't be able to hack him unless he wore the smart casual trouser and shirts combo (that are three sizes too small for him) complete with slip ons and no socks. Nothing will suffice tv producers these days unless the male pundits give off the 'creepy 40 something year old trying it on with a freshers student in a nightclub' vibe.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3630: Sep 25, 2023 07:57:01 am
      Had a different female commentator time, haven't heard her before, was originally annoyed, then thought ok she isn't bothering me too much..then she started with "When I was a Center forward this, when I was a CF that" and it was like she was comparing herself to the lads out there and what she would do in their position.

STFU Lady. She drove me F***ing nuts.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #3631: Sep 25, 2023 09:34:58 am
      Had a different female commentator time, haven't heard her before, was originally annoyed, then thought ok she isn't bothering me too much..then she started with "When I was a Center forward this, when I was a CF that" and it was like she was comparing herself to the lads out there and what she would do in their position.

Similar to the one I had ended up watching the game in mute she fckin ruined it ,
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,378 posts | 783 
      Reply #3632: Sep 25, 2023 10:12:17 am

No problem with you're criticism of the commentator's content, but "STFU Lady"..isn't IMO appropriate and doesn't sit right with the inclusive values of the Club.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3633: Sep 25, 2023 10:24:06 am
      No problem with you're criticism of the commentator's content, but "STFU Lady"..isn't IMO appropriate and doesn't sit right with the inclusive values of the Club.

get a f***in life for fucks sake. My wife comments all the time on female commentators voices not being good on the ears. why are so many people desperate to show how f***in  PC they are these days are they trying to compensate for their own behaviour?

Quick Reply