Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Babel posts altered Webb photo on twitter - now charged by FA

Read 17084 times
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Re: Babel posts altered photo of Webb in United shirt
      Reply #92: Jan 10, 2011 06:07:22 pm
      Corruption in football is killing the game. I'm glad England didn't get the WC now, the FA didn't deserve it.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #93: Jan 10, 2011 06:08:09 pm
      So they charge Babel for this, but take no action for rednose bringing 3 loan players back because they sacked his son.....sweet FA as usual. Improper conduct.?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #94: Jan 10, 2011 06:08:22 pm
      Walcott admits taking a Dive = silence from the F.A

Babel post a photo = bringing teh game into disrespute.

Go figure eh.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Re: Babel charged with improper conduct by fa
      Reply #95: Jan 10, 2011 06:08:24 pm
      In the words of Ryan Babel "SMH"
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,034 posts | 3352 
      Reply #96: Jan 10, 2011 06:12:16 pm
      Who gives a F**k. Not like it's the first time the FA has wrongly done this club and it sure as hell won't be the last. After getting charged, I'd rather see Babel put it back up and say "ah well I'm fined anyway"
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #97: Jan 10, 2011 06:13:39 pm
      Improper conduct???
      That is a perfect description of Webb's performance on Sunday, it seems the FA for obvious reasons are unwilling to acknowledge the consistent bias exhibited by officials with regard to manUre.
      Babel being disciplined for pointing this out is farcical.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #98: Jan 10, 2011 06:23:06 pm
      FA - F***ing arseholes.

Well in Ryan, lad. Speaking sense for once!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #99: Jan 10, 2011 06:23:31 pm
      Kenny Dalglish's Twitter briefing - how to avoid more Liverpool scandal in the social media age

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8250241/Kenny-Dalglishs-Twitter-briefing-how-to-avoid-more-Liverpool-scandal-in-the-social-media-age.html

The footballing landscape has changed dramatically in the 20 years since Kenny Dalglish last managed Liverpool, not least in the field of social networking.

By Thom Gibbs 4:02PM GMT 10 Jan 2011

Dalglish has walked into a dressing room full of Twitter addicts at Anfield, so here's a guide to everything he needs to know about his new players' (and a couple of wild cards') social networking habits.

Ryan Babel @RyanBabel
      Followers: 162,231
      Typical tweet: "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, LIVE THE LIFE YOU'VE IMAGINED -(THOREAU) (Rev Run)"
      Twitter risk rating: 9/10. Sent more than 50 tweets on Saturday alone, beginning with the revelatory "halo" and ending with #YNTA (You'll Never Tweet Alone). Also tweets in Dutch, without any discernible difference in read. Posted pictures of Howard Webb wearing a Manchester United shirt on Sunday night, which suggests his self-censorship filter may need tweaking. Lists current location as #twitterjail, confirming suspicion that his grip on reality is becoming as loose as his first touch.

Glen Johnson @GlenJohnson
      Followers: 44,837
      Typical tweet: "If A Man Hasn't Found Something Worth Dying For Then He Is Not Fit To Live !!!"
      Twitter risk rating: 6/10. Mostly harmless and exclamation mark-heavy, Johnson's feed took a turn for the ugly over the weekend when he attacked Paul Merson, calling him an "alcoholic drug abuser" after the pundit had the temerity to question his attitude. It's by the by that Johnson was basically accurate with his summary of Merson, it's the ill-advised slanging which will worry Dalglish. Johnson has since deleted the offending tweets, but his poorly reconstructed version of events of the night he was fined for stealing a lavatory seat suggest he remains something of a loose cannon.

Lucas Leiva @LucasLeiva87
      Followers: 74,075
      Typical tweet: "I have been in Melwood doing some recovery from the game. This afternoon probably stay at home with the family watching Super Sunday."
      Twitter risk rating: 2/10. Tweets in broken English and (presumably perfect) Portuguese and toes the party line without exception. Appears to be increasingly obsessed with darts, and resolutely free of controversial opinion. Kenny's only concern here is that Lucas is a deeply boring man.

Paul Dalglish @PaulDalglish
      Followers: 17,698
      Typical tweet: "Howard Webb MBE. Manc of the Busby Empire! I am not normally bitter as you know but it's is different rules against them!"
      Twitter risk rating: 5/10. Kenny's son can offer relatively forthright views in comparison with the low standard of interest achieved by most footballing tweeters. Has recently commented that a Fernando Torres goal would "shut a few up" and called Liverpool "poor" after defeat at Newcastle. Sadly for the neutral he tweeted today to indicate he would be watching his step following his father's ascension: "Just saw I made the guardian. Will have to be careful what I tweet now I guess. Got to respect my Dads new position. Sorry."

Carol Konchesky @koncheskysmum
      Followers: 365
      Typical tweet: "Madame Tussauds called me earlier. They want to know when they can see Paul static. So naturally I said every Saturday at 3pm in Liverpool"
      Twitter risk rating: 10/10. If it was a legitimate account. This extremely rude spoof Twitter feed was set up after Mrs Konchesky called Liverpool supporters "Scouse scum" on Facebook.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #100: Jan 10, 2011 06:25:06 pm
      Improper conduct???
      That is a perfect description of Webb's performance on Sunday, it seems the FA for obvious reasons are unwilling to acknowledge the consistent bias exhibited by officials with regard to manUre.
      Babel being disciplined for pointing this out is farcical.
      Maybe it is time to start bombarding the F.A. with emails letting them know what we think of Webb and the reasons we think he should never ref another match that Liverpool play.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #101: Jan 10, 2011 06:32:07 pm
      Howard Webb's conduct was improper, clearly Babel responded in kind.

FUFA
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #102: Jan 10, 2011 06:38:32 pm
      That's bullshit the only one that should be charged is Howard F***ing Webb. I still say good on him for speaking his mind.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #103: Jan 10, 2011 06:42:49 pm
      Not sure if this deserves it's own thread, but I'll say it again  - Webb should be charged with improper conduct imho, he brought the game into disrepute with that penno decision.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #104: Jan 10, 2011 06:43:10 pm
      Maybe it is time to start bombarding the F.A. with emails letting them know what we think of Webb and the reasons we think he should never ref another match that Liverpool play.
      Billy they know full well what's going on and will bend over backwards to ensure that nothing rocks the boat and interferes with the stranglehold they have on football.
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2011 11:47:19 pm by stuey »
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #105: Jan 10, 2011 06:44:08 pm
      Wouldn't expect anything less from the Ferguson Association.

Also, as happy as I am that Babel stuck this picture up... does remind me of the 'monkey and the type-writers' though. If he updates 50 times a day eventually he'll 'tweet' something worthwhile.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #106: Jan 10, 2011 06:57:31 pm
      Well they cant charge me Howhard Webb is a c**t and is in fergusons pocket.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #107: Jan 10, 2011 06:59:20 pm
      Pathetic
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #108: Jan 10, 2011 07:00:28 pm
      I love that Babel even done it in the first place!!
      Its only what everybody else is thinking! (unless your a manc!)
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #109: Jan 10, 2011 07:04:04 pm
      Babel was always chancing a charge with that picture but I think it's not just this club that has suffered at the hands of Webb and sticking in that shirt was right as he gives that other lot more than any other ref and I think that from now on Webb will have to be careful just how far he goes with Ferguson or that picture may get flung at him again. Nice one Ryan.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #110: Jan 10, 2011 07:06:44 pm
      Within humour and all, but Babel's a bit of a head the ball if he thought they'd let that slide...
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #111: Jan 10, 2011 07:09:47 pm
      Good job Ryan !! there isn't anyone on this forum that doesn't feel robbed by the twelfth man !! made me laff !
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 261 
      Re: Babel posts altered Webb photo on twitter - now charged by FA
      Reply #112: Jan 10, 2011 08:06:09 pm
      That's good one Ryan son, at least you made I believed you care the result, you care this club and that's good.
      Hope with your heart that still care this club and now you work under the greatest manager in the world, Ryan, just don't let this opportunity slip out. I'm happy to wait and see your development and prove you're great footballer !
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #113: Jan 10, 2011 08:15:54 pm
      Good job Ryan kept it clean isn't it? could have done Webb giving Fergie one !!;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #114: Jan 10, 2011 09:23:34 pm
      Reade - Best thing he has done has done at the club since the Arsenal semi final. . . Had me in stitches

Quick Reply