Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match against Blackpool

Fernando Torres
      (36.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (7.7%)
      Daniel Agger
      (3.2%)
      Milan Jovanovic
      (2.6%)
      Martin Kelly
      (14.8%)
      Pepe Reina
      (35.5%)

Blackpool 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Despair

Read 83125 times
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: Blackpool 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Despair
      Reply #989: Jan 12, 2011 10:22:05 pm
      All F***ing doom and gloom in here. Better tactics, Torres played better, pitch was F***ing sh*te, Poulsen hopefully played his last game. It's not all bad.

Before their first goal a different bounce and we'd have been clean through on goal. That's football.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #990: Jan 12, 2011 10:22:08 pm
      18 months ago, vast majority of that squad finished 2nd.

Fascinating.

Back then we had the best right back in the country, a brilliant centre half who's reading of the game and aerial presence was second to none. Not to forget the best central trio in the league in the form of Gerrard, Masch and Alonso. Two of them gone now. The third suspended and he might get some stick but boy did we miss him today.

Not a coincidence that it was a poor defence and hardly noticeable midfield that cost us the three points tonight.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #991: Jan 12, 2011 10:22:26 pm
      Rome wasn't built in a day. I still have the faith.
      The midfield chose should have been tighter but it wasnt.It is still only 4 days since he stepped off the plane lets see what happens next.
      I have no illusions of CL next season but top class sport is all about confidence and ours is on the floor right now thanks to the previous owners and management.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #992: Jan 12, 2011 10:23:10 pm
      Rome wasn't built in a day. I still have the faith.

Ditto.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #993: Jan 12, 2011 10:23:35 pm
      I am JD because only Reina and Torres tried tonight, the rest were a F***ing disgraceful, I'm talking about 8 players here because I'll cut Kelly slack because he is a young player.

The rest let Kenny and the club down tonight and I especially thought the midfield of Lucas Meireles and Poulsen were an absolute joke tonight.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #994: Jan 12, 2011 10:23:50 pm
      We desperately need a new CM to act as a shield for our CB's.
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #995: Jan 12, 2011 10:23:59 pm
      Bitterly disappointed by that tonight.

Thought we started with guile, quick precise passing, and actual pressing. First time I've seen that in 6 months away from home. Ended up with a SUPERB finish from Nando.

If you listen to the pundits, they are right about Blackpool. Their defence is pretty woeful, but they have the mantra of "we'll just score more". They are quick, better control then ourselves going forward, and shown a few times they have footballers who can F***ing cross the ball. Something we haven't had in years.

Poulson, just wow. How can he be a professional footballer? I watched the Leicester v City game after the Manc's Sunday, and every midfielder from that Championship side made him look like a Sunday League footy player. Never-mind Charlie Adam, destroyed him tonight.

Surprised no-one mentioned how sh*te Jova was tonight. His touch was worse then Kuyt's has been all season. Lucas literally was on his own, playing against 4 Blackpool midfielders. Raul was playing too high up pitch, and not dropping back. He has never got stuck in since he has been here either, too soft.

I think the most serious problem is our defence. Skrtle has had like 6 bad games in a row. Johnson just is a sh*t defender, Agger had a bad game, and Kelly had an OK game but made some silly positional mistakes. I think we need a new RB, LB and CB to be honest. Kelly ain't a RB he is a CB he hasn't got the pace to be a WB as he is trying to be.

Torres played well for me, got stuck in, but as he became more and more isolated, he became frustrated, hence his yellow card. Ngog has the worst touch in the Premier League, the amount of times this season we punt it to him, and he loses the ball makes me headbutt the wall.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #996: Jan 12, 2011 10:24:03 pm
      Confidence and composure on the ball - Torres showed a big improvement so lets hope it spreads through the team.
      Its going to take some time to turn this around so we need understand that and tonight was a bit of a reality check
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #997: Jan 12, 2011 10:25:13 pm
      I am JD because only Reina and Torres tried tonight

As has been reflected in the vote. And I voted for one of them.  So what's your problem about who is in the actual vote?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #998: Jan 12, 2011 10:25:21 pm
      Some bloody whopping knee jerk posts in this thread tonight  :o Get a grip people please.

It was never going to be easy at Bloomfield Road tonight, we HAVE to give Kenny time, you can't expect miracles immediately.

I agree some of the players were sh*t tonight, and maybe, just maybe Kenny didn't pick the best team he could have done, but this is going to be a learning curve for him.

I'm still very confident that Kenny can turn things round for us, but some of the players need to pull their finger out and take a real good look at themselves.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #999: Jan 12, 2011 10:25:21 pm
      We desperately need a new CM to act as a shield for our CB's.

Agree, someone who can actually tackle.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #1000: Jan 12, 2011 10:25:54 pm
      I just don't know anymore, will never stop supporting ! but this isn't right, this is leeds, newcastle stuff.
      May be Kenny can turn this around but, did the players just dont want it.
      when the 4th umpire had 4 minutes on that board. Teams like Arsenal or the Mancs would have pounced all over it and made every second of those 4 minutes seem like a minute. We had given up hope 4 minutes before the injury time started.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #1001: Jan 12, 2011 10:26:16 pm
      Lucas and Raul together seemed ok but with Poulsen and Jova our midfield was awful both in creativity and cover defensively.
      That has been our problem all season we need a strong man and a strong character in midfield not Stevie he is best behind Torres.
      ilovethereds
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts | -1 
      Reply #1002: Jan 12, 2011 10:26:24 pm
      Kenny: 'Fantastic goal by Torres. Bpool great credit to Prem League. But we need to look at ourselves. We lost possession at halfway line. Players effort and commitment was good cos they played Sunday. 3 days training. To get belief in ourselves will take time. Confidence will take time.'
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #1003: Jan 12, 2011 10:26:43 pm
      How many training sessions has he had, 3? 2? It's a joke some of the people on here thinking we're a disgrace, when we have had 6 months of Roy's inane tactics to batter out of their heads.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #1004: Jan 12, 2011 10:26:48 pm
      Agree, someone who can actually tackle.
      I think we just need a new CB all together Skrtel or the greek wont cut it and Carra is on his last leg
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1005: Jan 12, 2011 10:28:37 pm
      The serious problem is in midfield. We don't seem to be effective to stamp out an attack and neither are we effective creating anything from the midfield. needs a total revamp. We certainly need a Souness and a Molby like in midfield and Pacheco to play alongside Torres. When we attacked we have 2 players inside their box when they did the same they had 4 or 5 players, that's the difference, if you don't put enough bodies inside the box you just don't get enough chances to score. Again Kenny will not to do so at thie moment because we have very slow midfield. Our passing going forwward is the worse that I've seen for many years.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1006: Jan 12, 2011 10:28:39 pm
      I haven't had a chance to watch the game yet, will record it on LFCTV tonight.

Wasn't expecting this and from what i've read so far the same problem remains, the midfield was F***ing useless!.

How many times do i see Lucas Leiva in the Man of the Match poll?. Especially after games i have watched and seen with my own eyes how sh*te he was. Dirk Kuyt, another player who has got progressively worse over the last couple of seasons.

Is this a sign of how far we've fallen in the last three years?. That we are blind to how sh*te a player is just because he tries hard?. Well i'm not blind.

Lucas, Kuyt, Skrtel, Konchesky, Poulsen, Maxi Rodriguez, N'Gog and Jovanovic?. What do they actually offer?. I've been saying this for a while, we will win nothing with players of this calibre, absolutely nothing!.

This is not a knee-jerk reaction to the result at all, as excellent a motivator as Kenny is, he most certainly can't polish turds!. I think the reason for the selection of Poulsen and Jovanovic tonight was to personally assess them against supposedly lesser opposition, i think Kenny will have been shocked at the amount of sh*t that contaminates this threadbare squad.

That's what makes me laugh, we trimmed this squad and we still have a lot of sh*te left in it. Kenny will get it right, of that i have no doubt. The question is, can he turn around a squad in half a season that has been in decline for nigh on 2 seasons because that is what is needed to survive. We need 2 or 3 players now.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #1007: Jan 12, 2011 10:29:00 pm
      Some bloody whopping knee jerk posts in this thread tonight  :o Get a grip people please.

I think the reactions are to the poor individual displays tonight. Johnson was poor at right back. Skrtel didn't boss it. Poulsen and Raul were poor. Kuyt - don't get me started!

It was just so disappointing because the tactics were solid today. Get the ball on the floor, pass and move. Obviously it wasn't as smooth as can be but it got us an early goal and some good dominance.

From then on in it was just sloppy. I felt sorry for Kenny today because individual displays let us down.

The worrying thing is no one can hide on Sunday. Kenny will have to make that known.
      ilovethereds
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts | -1 
      Reply #1008: Jan 12, 2011 10:29:18 pm
      If Kenny had neva left us 20 years ago, we wouldve had 38 titles by now, and crappy Souness wouldn't have started our slide.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #1009: Jan 12, 2011 10:30:06 pm
      There are no big characters in the team.
      Shankly looked down the team bus to see if he could find 3 men he would go to war with excluding Pepe you might find 1. We need a couple of BIG characters
      bigmack123
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 170 posts |
      Reply #1010: Jan 12, 2011 10:30:47 pm
      Johnson was poor at right back.

He played left back didn't he?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981