Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Over Protectiveness

Read 3256 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Over Protectiveness
      Jan 17, 2011 10:14:28 pm
      Thought I'd start this cos I know a lot of people will be able to relate it.

Went out Friday for me birthday, and our Becky - me older sister - was with us. We went to that Smokey Moe's place on Matthew Street where she met up with a couple of her mates so she wasn't stuck with me an people she didn't really know. Well, when I'm out with our Becky, my primary aim is to look after her - one of the reasons why neither of us like going to town with the other really.

Well anyway, this lad who was a mate of her mate started getting himself far too close to our Becky, so I walked over and pushed her away from him. Told her to stay away from him otherwise me an him would of ended up in a scrap. Might of kicked the sh*t out of me, but he wouldn't of got near our Becky which is what I was more worried about.

Now when I went back to where me mates where, one of them said "you alright Bill" and I just replied "yeah, just not having him all over her like that" to which their response was "she's single and an adult though." This just got me blood boiling even more as I couldn't give a F**k, she's still me sister who I'm not gonna let some lad have his hands all over in town. Then one of me other mates, who's younger than me, said that she was proud of me and that's how a brother should be which made me feel quite proud of meself - she has a younger brother herself with same age difference between her an her brother as there is between me an Becky surprisingly. Me mate also said she'd of done that if anybody had their hands on her younger sis and I said I'd of done it if anybody had their hands on her or her sister.

Becky then fu**ed off to Pop World, we stayed where we were. Mainly so she could enjoy her evening, not being chaperoned and I could enjoy my evening without having to look after me sister.

I've witnessed it as a boyfriend and it's F***ing murder when you can't move without the girls' family over your shoulder but I've also been there as a brother like I've stated. So while I get a cob on when people do it to me, I'm as guilty as anybody for doing it as well.

And I know it can't be easy for girls who wanna have a good night having people watching out for them or if they get a fella and their family are over protective but wanted to know, from people with different angles of the situation if it's a major issue.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Over Protectiveness
      Reply #1: Jan 17, 2011 10:22:47 pm
      I've been that hero. Two younger sisters. Have often dragged them out of nightclubs, hedges, hotel rooms, you name it. Had to stop going out or on holidays with them. Will never go back to Turkey after the near riot myself and some other lads had to get them out of when a group of Turkish lads started grabbing them. Only for a couple of young lads that worked in the hotel were with us it would have been nasty
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #2: Jan 17, 2011 10:24:14 pm
      I copped it left right and centre from my family when my sisters now ex boyfriend was messing her about and I threatened to neuter him (he's a couple of years younger than me so I wouldn't of actually snotted him one, I was hoping the threat would be enough). But I'm not having some little sh*t thinking that 'cause her father's not around he can get away with it.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #3: Jan 17, 2011 10:26:22 pm
      Not at all mate! Now i have been out on the town a few times where me sister was out as well, and i let her go to a certain extent. Cos shes single, and one of those nights i was actually getting together with one of her best friends right in front of her so yeah, kinda would be hypocritical of me to do otherwise. However, one night we were out (actually the night i was first with her friend) and her friend tells me that this guy my sister really liked and they had been making out and whatever had told her that he just wanted casual hook ups, which really upset her. So i went off, we F***ing cahsed that guy around the club me and me mates until we almost came to blows in which my sister was the one who actually stopped me. The guy left, which was lucky for him, i was ready to smack his F***ing face in.

I think if i saw a guy getting really hands all over my sister though, i would probably do the same thing. Same when i go out and a guy tries grabbing Laura, happens often. A guy will walk past Laura, smack her arse. Next thing he knows ive got him up by his collar against the wall telling him to leave or ill boot his ass out the door myself.

Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #4: Jan 17, 2011 10:49:02 pm
      I'm always protective of all the girls that come out with us, but I only step in when I feel a guy is doing something she doesn't want or if I feel she's too drunk and being taken advantage of. Besides that they can do what they want, they can take care of themselfs and should be allowed to have their fun, but I do always keep an eye on them and have stepped in when needed.

When it comes to my little sister, she regularly comes out with us or I meet up with her and her friends at a place. She's cool and I always have fun with her, and she's got a good enough head on her shoulders to stay away from tw*ts. Especially when she just started to go out I rather had her going to the same place as us than going somewhere else where me and my mates couldn't keep an eye on her.
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011 11:14:57 pm by Dexter »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #5: Jan 17, 2011 11:24:29 pm
      My little sis is a black belt at Tae-kwon-do, so I behave myself, rather than the other way around, though I have been guilty of the 'older brother' stare at some of her boyfriends, though apart from one, they've all been good fellas and the one who wasn't his just desserts.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #6: Jan 18, 2011 08:03:55 pm
      You men  :roll:

Now i have two brothers- one older and one younger, three male cousins & an over-protective dad & Uncle.

Being the only girl has its upsides, having all these men there for me is nice & we can go footie together, but when it comes to boyfriends & men in general- they are a nightmare!

I had a massage on a family holiday last year, and the male masseuse pulled my towel down- now i like to think i dealt with this myself by going nuts, kicking him out & getting dressed- now somehow my dad found out without me telling him & it wasnt pretty!
      I have had boyfriends intimidated by my family before- now i realise they just needed to grow a pair, but back then it was horrible.

I think it us just a man-thing to act this way but there has to come a time, when your sister/girlfriend/cousin/friend is old enough to look after themselves!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #7: Jan 18, 2011 08:08:47 pm
      Being male we know how much of a bunch of whores the rest of the male population are and I think that's part of the reason that we're so protective. ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #8: Jan 18, 2011 08:16:44 pm
      I'm with MsT on this one, I'd go ballistic if my brother shoved his nose in my business.  Saying that, its nice to know that someone cares enough to look out for you  ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: Jan 18, 2011 08:20:26 pm
      Would be worse if they didn't care what happened. Took me until my mid twenties to back off and decide it was not worth the aggro. Eventually they have to learn from their mistakes
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Jan 19, 2011 10:17:33 pm
      I don't go out to clubs with my little sister. I would murder someone. I've known her boyfriend since before her and that's why it was OK with me when they started dating since he is a good guy. I almost killed my best friend when I was younger for talking to her on AOL Messenger.

And yes, men's over-protective nature of females in their lives comes from our knowledge of the male psyche and how dirty we truly are. When I started getting really bad, I used to remind myself that every girl was daddy's little girl at some point, or someone's little sister. I may have a little girl someday and I would hate for a guy to think about getting up my daughter's skirt.

I'm getting pissed off now just thinking about this sh*t.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #11: Jan 24, 2011 03:25:42 am
      Ive 2 little sisters and am very protective of them, as 2 members of the forum know well, 1 first hand if i remember correctly.

Im not agressive or anything i just want to make sure any lad that is trying to be with my sister is ok in books, suitable. Im a lad so i know the way some lads treat girls and i do not want anything to happen to them.

One has just started going out, so i would meet her out quiet a bit but if i saw a lad that i didnt know or like the look of, i would be straight over for a little interview to suss him out.

im overprotective of my sisters and want them to be happy but i want them to be safe first.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #12: Jan 24, 2011 12:38:03 pm
      Ive 2 little sisters and am very protective of them, as 2 members of the forum know well, 1 first hand if i remember correctly.
      You open a can of whoop ass on a forum member?
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #13: Jan 24, 2011 02:13:39 pm
      You open a can of whoop ass on a forum member?

whoop ass?!   :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Jan 24, 2011 02:24:10 pm

little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #15: Jan 24, 2011 04:47:06 pm
      Nah wouldnt get too aggressive, he is a red afterall! Just make sure he knows im watching him.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #16: Jan 24, 2011 04:56:05 pm
      Sometimes I think with guys that this overprotective stuff with sisters, and also jealousy with girlfriends for example comes from a bad conscience of how they've treated some girls themselfs in the past? I'm just saying.. :f_whistle:
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #17: Jan 24, 2011 08:11:25 pm
      I've got an older brother and quite a few close male cousins who were always over protective of me and the other girls in my family. Back then i found it the most annoying thing in the world. Typical of a teenage girl really, want to show everyone you can look after yourself and independent. I would hate going out with them.

Then don't do it as much now as i'm older and more sensible than i used to be (kind of ;)). I think after the girl reaches a certain age you've got to realise you can't watch over them forever. 

Quick Reply