Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Stephen Warnock to return on loan?

Read 12468 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Stephen Warnock to return on loan?
      Reply #92: Feb 04, 2011 11:52:22 am
      the lad is in the Aston Villa reserves now. Do we still want him?

Quote from Gerard Houllier
      "They're here, they're Aston Villa players, they are training with the reserves. If needed, they will fill in. If not, they won't.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #93: Feb 04, 2011 11:56:17 am
      No I never wanted him, he is not good enough by a long shot
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #94: Feb 05, 2011 02:15:45 am
      Insua's positional play was his big downfall. He will learn that with age

Well, that and being too slow and often looking like a deer caught in the headlights when he had the ball and giving it away too often, being weak in the tackle and.... oh, well, being about one percent worse than Djimi Traore.

Seriously man...if Insua is the answer we are all asking the wrong F***ing question.

Warnock? Didn't think we should have let him go but he is "reserve quality" only. Never would be first choice in my team.

Aurelio? OK but really not a good defender, better going forward but, whether you agree with that or not, he is too old and too brittle to be regarded as a fixture there.

Konchesky? I really don't think he is any worse than all these others to be honest.

Says a lot about us that Riise has been our best left back in the last 10 years. Rafa should have kept him until he found a top class replacement. (Yeah, yeah...I know...it was all Hicks' and Gilette's faults - Rafa is golden boy , blah, blah)
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #95: Feb 05, 2011 06:30:44 am
      Well, that and being too slow and often looking like a deer caught in the headlights when he had the ball and giving it away too often, being weak in the tackle and.... oh, well, being about one percent worse than Djimi Traore.

Seriously man...if Insua is the answer we are all asking the wrong f**king question.

Warnock? Didn't think we should have let him go but he is "reserve quality" only. Never would be first choice in my team.

Aurelio? OK but really not a good defender, better going forward but, whether you agree with that or not, he is too old and too brittle to be regarded as a fixture there.

Konchesky? I really don't think he is any worse than all these others to be honest.

Says a lot about us that Riise has been our best left back in the last 10 years. Rafa should have kept him until he found a top class replacement. (Yeah, yeah...I know...it was all Hicks' and Gilette's faults - Rafa is golden boy , blah, blah)

Really? He was god awful. Did you watch the Blackburn game, he was the reason we lost 3-1. Without question he was awful. Insua, Aurelio, and Warnock on a bad day were better than Konchesky.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #96: Feb 05, 2011 09:29:44 am
      Would take him back in a flash!

Ok, he's been out of form but we could get him for a small fee in the summer and a few words of wisdom from Kenny (hopefully) and a few training sessions and he'd be up and running again.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #97: Feb 05, 2011 01:25:19 pm
      He is F***ing average even at his best, he has being a complete F***ing disaster at Villa. No F***ing way is this lad good enough to be our net left back and it ain't going to happen now. Johnson is a much better player anyway even at left back
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #98: Feb 06, 2011 09:28:43 pm
      No, I like Johnson at left back.

Quick Reply