Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Carra on Soccer Saturday

Read 12409 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Carra on Soccer Saturday
      Reply #23: Jan 15, 2011 07:52:46 pm
      What did Thommo mean by calling him a Homer? As in "to succeed despite idiocy'?
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #24: Jan 15, 2011 07:53:44 pm
      Carragher mentioned how well he got on with Roy today...
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #25: Jan 15, 2011 07:54:25 pm
      What did Thommo mean by calling him a Homer? As in "to succeed despite idiocy'?
      He favours the home team.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,725 posts | 7164 
      Reply #26: Jan 15, 2011 08:00:19 pm
      Carragher mentioned how well he got on with Roy today...
      Yes i am sure he did especially as he give hm a nice big fat 2 year contract.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #27: Jan 15, 2011 08:42:21 pm

I just thought he was a bit like Homer Simpson (looks a bit like him tbf) in that somehow he's in a decent high profile job despite being totally incompetent at it.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #28: Jan 15, 2011 08:49:18 pm
      I just thought he was a bit like Homer Simpson (looks a bit like him tbf) in that somehow he's in a decent high profile job despite being totally incompetent at it.
      Fair point mate  :gt-happyup:
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #29: Jan 15, 2011 11:20:12 pm
      In defense of Merson, I'm pretty sure he said "last year they never won the world series..." I'm sure its just his way of speaking, he's a bit of a tw?t really.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #30: Jan 15, 2011 11:27:14 pm
      Merson surprisingly softly softly today he's crapping it.

Has anyone noticed he's been  a right tit just recently?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #31: Jan 15, 2011 11:30:30 pm
      Has anyone noticed he's been  a right tit just recently?

What do you mean recently?

He's been at it for ages, still can't beat his stupid laugh after our defeat against Arsenal in the league cup in 2007 when he was asked how we'll get on against Barca.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #32: Jan 15, 2011 11:34:34 pm
      I'll be honest I'm not to keen on current players appearing on these shows as I'd prefer them to keep out of the spotlight and concentrate on the football.

A mate also told me that Carra has been on Talksport quite a bit over the last year and if I was in charge I would not let any player go on these shows and get them to do something more constructive with their time.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3385 
      Reply #33: Jan 15, 2011 11:36:12 pm
      I'll be honest I'm not to keen on current players appearing on these shows as I'd prefer them to keep out of the spotlight and concentrate on the football.

A mate also told me that Carra has been on Talksport quite a bit over the last year and if I was in charge I would not let any player go on these shows and get them to do something more constructive with their time.

Wasn't it Talksport who Carra phoned up and threatened one of them for calling him a sh*t house over his England decision? What the F**k he's doing going on that show, if that's the case.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #34: Jan 15, 2011 11:37:52 pm
      I suppose I mean that I have noticed it more just recently, what with all the takeover saga and the run of poor results, his comments just seem more magnified.  I guess he's never really liked Liverpool anyway but most of the daiper filling he comes out with is easily laughed off, he was right smug today too when SSN played some of his goals in response to Johnson saying that he was "average at best" it's a shame Torres didn't say it really!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #35: Jan 15, 2011 11:38:09 pm
      Wasn't it Talksport who Carra phoned up and threatened one of them for calling him a sh*t house over his England decision? What the f**k he's doing going on that show, if that's the case.

I remember hearing that DLS but I've heard he has been on a few times over the last year.

Now I did listen to the station for a while until I realised the absolute s**te it is and it really is something I'd prefer our players to stay away from.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #36: Jan 15, 2011 11:41:57 pm
      Wasn't it Talksport who Carra phoned up and threatened one of them for calling him a sh*t house over his England decision? What the f**k he's doing going on that show, if that's the case.

I think he just wanted to get the facts out there TBH, they were trying to say he had no commitment for England and Carra was arguing that he was like 4th/5th choice and wanted to concentrate on playing for Liverpool and not sitting on the bench for England waiting for the seemingly impossible.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3385 
      Reply #37: Jan 15, 2011 11:44:43 pm
      I remember hearing that DLS but I've heard he has been on a few times over the last year.

Now I did listen to the station for a while until I realised the absolute s**te it is and it really is something I'd prefer our players to stay away from.

Just makes me wonder about Carra if he is going on Talksport. Same with the England decision, stick to your guns lad and tell them to F**k off.

I won't question Carra as a player, he'll always go down as a Liverpool legend in my eyes but he is making himself look like a tit recently. And for me it started with the 2010 World Cup by going back to the England squad, he should of just told them to F**k off for good.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #38: Jan 15, 2011 11:48:41 pm
      Just makes me wonder about Carra if he is going on Talksport. Same with the England decision, stick to your guns lad and tell them to f**k off.

I won't question Carra as a player, he'll always go down as a Liverpool legend in my eyes but he is making himself look like a tit recently. And for me it started with the 2010 World Cup by going back to the England squad, he should of just told them to f**k off for good.

I think your right DLS, we need him more!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #39: Jan 15, 2011 11:50:16 pm
      Wasn't it Talksport who Carra phoned up and threatened one of them for calling him a sh*t house over his England decision? What the F**k he's doing going on that show, if that's the case.

Seems to have got very pally with Adrian Durham since that happened.

Even did a show from his restaurant in town.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3385 
      Reply #40: Jan 16, 2011 12:00:31 am

How kind of him.

If somebody calls you a sh*t house, you don't become bezzies with them.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #41: Jan 16, 2011 12:03:29 am

How do you think andy durham and collymore were getting leaks on the club and info on rafa?.

He went to the world cup knowing the sh*t had been stirred at anfield and avoided all media questioning.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #42: Jan 16, 2011 12:08:10 am
      How do you think andy durham and collymore were getting leaks on the club and info on rafa?.

He went to the world cup knowing the sh*t had been stirred at anfield and avoided all media questioning.

This is what I'm getting at Shabs. Durham and Collymore are exactly the types of people in the media our players should be avoiding talking too never mind getting pally with them and appearing on their shows.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3385 
      Reply #43: Jan 16, 2011 12:13:30 am
      This is what I'm getting at Shabs. Durham and Collymore are exactly the types of people in the media our players should be avoiding talking too never mind getting pally with them and appearing on their shows.

I know agents have a lot of say in a footballers' life these days and are probably pushing players into doing things they'd rather not do, but footballers are still human beings and should be able to stand up for themselves. But of course the way football has gone, even players would rather make themselves look a tit as long as they cheque they receive for it is big enough.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #44: Jan 16, 2011 12:20:50 am
      I know agents have a lot of say in a footballers' life these days and are probably pushing players into doing things they'd rather not do, but footballers are still human beings and should be able to stand up for themselves. But of course the way football has gone, even players would rather make themselves look a tit as long as they cheque they receive for it is big enough.

True but a sad state of affairs if you ask me mate.

One thing I would say is that Jamie is a strong enough character to only do what he wants to do no matter what his agent says which means he likes to be on these shows and in my opinion the club should put a stop to it and also players should be also warned what is and is not acceptable on their twitter sites while they are at it.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3385 
      Reply #45: Jan 16, 2011 12:26:20 am
      True but a sad state of affairs if you ask me mate.

One thing I would say is that Jamie is a strong enough character to only do what he wants to do no matter what his agent says which means he likes to be on these shows and in my opinion the club should put a stop to it and also players should be also warned what is and is not acceptable on their twitter sites while they are at it.

I think Carra does like being in the media and wouldn't be surprised that once he hangs up his boots and while taking his coaching badges, he becomes a more regular panel member of Soccer Saturday. But, Talksport where his own credentials have been questioned just doesn't add up to me.

Quick Reply