Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Suso and Coady promoted to Melwood

Read 8273 times
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Suso and Coady promoted to Melwood
      Jan 17, 2011 10:06:56 pm

Suso & Conor Coady promoted to Melwood today by Dalglish. Well deserved. Youth really getting a chance now.

TonyBarretTimes Tony Barrett

Just popped up on twitter from Tony Barrett a respected Liverpool journalist think this is great news and really shows that Kenny is looking to give our youngsters a chance.

What does being promoted to Melwood mean though I assume that it means they will be training with the first team as they'v already made appearances for the reserves.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Suso and Coady promoted to Melwood
      Reply #1: Jan 17, 2011 10:08:05 pm
      Great news. Suso is ready, not sure about Coady.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #2: Jan 17, 2011 10:08:33 pm
      Fantastic news.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #3: Jan 17, 2011 10:09:31 pm
      Conor Coady is a great prospect !!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Jan 17, 2011 10:11:33 pm
      Probably a training promotion as when they play for the reserves normally they are called up from the youth academy. Good news if true as both are miles ahead in the academy and need the step up to progress. We are already seeing youth rewarded under Kenny. Good signs for the future. No more the also rans of the Roy era
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #5: Jan 17, 2011 10:11:37 pm
      Stick Suso and Dani in the squad KK! Sink or swim all the greats make it young, great news for everyone this.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #6: Jan 17, 2011 10:12:37 pm
      We really need to see what Dani, Jonjo, Suso and Wilson can do over an extended period of time...I think this news paired with the Wilson story from last week only bodes well for these guys.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #7: Jan 17, 2011 10:15:08 pm
      Suso is going to be epic
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #8: Jan 17, 2011 10:16:45 pm
      yes first bit of positive news heard for ages. hope they go up the learning curve fast. perhaps  john henry had a say in this. if older players can mentor them that would be great as well.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9: Jan 17, 2011 10:17:36 pm
      Great news, can only help them mature into being possible 1st team picks quicker which is great for the club and what NESV want to do.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #10: Jan 17, 2011 10:18:19 pm
      They'll train with the first team and are probably now reserve players much more than youth. So it'll be they've been called up to the youth team instead of the other way round like it was at the start of the season.

Also means, that if Kenny has his way they'll get the odd game here and there, probably more towards the back end of the season when we've already won the League so can afford to try a few new faces out. And if Kenny is still the manager for the start of next year, this is more or less an indication of the fact that they'll be involved in pre-season at the very least.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #11: Jan 17, 2011 10:19:55 pm
      Both are huge prospects. Everyone knows of Suso's ability but Coady is highly regarded too, for the right reasons.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #12: Jan 17, 2011 10:20:17 pm
      Coady is awesome and Suso is the little master.

Excited by this news.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #13: Jan 17, 2011 10:23:52 pm
      This is what we wanted to hear, nice one KK.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #14: Jan 17, 2011 10:26:17 pm
      They'll train with the first team and are probably now reserve players much more than youth. So it'll be they've been called up to the youth team instead of the other way round like it was at the start of the season.

Also means, that if Kenny has his way they'll get the odd game here and there, probably more towards the back end of the season when we've already won the League so can afford to try a few new faces out. And if Kenny is still the manager for the start of next year, this is more or less an indication of the fact that they'll be involved in pre-season at the very least.
      Love your optimism, mate. :laugh:
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #15: Jan 17, 2011 10:35:13 pm
      Conor has represented England at various levels and captained his country to their first ever European U17 Championship in the summer of 2010.

The second year scholar can play at centre back or in central midfield and made his mark on the reserve team at the end of the 2009-10 campaign, having skippered the U18s throughout the season.

A composed figure in possession, Coady is also regarded as a player with great leadership skills and helped the second string to a senior cup double in the summer of 2010.

Jesús Fernández Sáez, aka Suso, officially arrived from Cadiz CF in the summer of 2010.

A highly talented Spaniard full of flair and invention, he has made great strides in John McMahon's reserve team and earned rave reviews for his sublime solo goal in a 2-2 draw with Newcastle United.

At the tender age of 16 he appeared as a late substitute in the first-team's pre-season friendly at Borussia Moenchengladbach and was also involved in Jamie Carragher's testimonial against Everton.

On November 19, 2010 he marked his 17th birthday by signing his first professional contract with the Reds and has now set his sights on remaining at Anfield beyond its expiration in 2013.

"I feel very happy. I want to be here a lot of years. I want to go on and play for Liverpool's first team, playing in every game," he said.

"But if I want to have that I have to work harder and do my very best every day, in every training session."

Young guy's like this is exactly what this club needs, what they may lack in guile and experience they will make up for with pure speed and desire. Compared to some of the below LFC standard players on this team I would relish watching the young guns give it a go...at least you know they want to be there and it's not about the money yet.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #16: Jan 17, 2011 10:40:34 pm
      I reckon we'll see Conor Coady before we see Suso in the first team, I can't remember were I saw it, might of been on an LFC Now, but someone said something a long the lines of 'Conor is a fantastic player, can play in numerous positions and is already physically developed enough to play first team football at League 1/1 level'
      MsGerrard
      Reply #17: Jan 17, 2011 10:42:55 pm
      I'm absolutely delighted to hear this news, the future's looking bright and very RED  :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #18: Jan 17, 2011 10:48:39 pm
      Junior. . . That was the commentator in the youth cup game, where Coady scored a penalty
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #19: Jan 17, 2011 10:53:25 pm
      Junior. . . That was the commentator in the youth cup game, where Coady scored a penalty

Ta, I couldn't for the life of me remember where I heard it, thought I might of made it up in the end. I'd say Coady is a future captain of Liverpool.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #20: Jan 17, 2011 11:06:53 pm
      Suso is the best prospect we have had since Gerrard no doubt he will be a top player for us as long as he has no injuries and doesn't let it go to his head.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #21: Jan 17, 2011 11:18:03 pm
      Made up for them. Always love seeing youth products eventually moving into the first team and cementing a place there!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #22: Jan 17, 2011 11:20:59 pm
      Heartily deserved for both lads. 

Quick Reply