Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Loan signings

Read 6533 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Loan signings
      Reply #23: Jan 17, 2011 03:05:24 pm
      Yes but my point is that they put Kenny there as an interim replacement, why would they give bucket loads of money to a man that might not be there in a few months as well as players that might be there that the next manager may not have in his plans.
      You raise a fair point thekopite, however, the point is they appointed Kenny because they do trust him, whether he stays long term or not remains to be seen, the very fact they got rid of Roy is they could not trust him and their patience had run its course, the appointment of Kenny tells me they wanted someone in who would know how to turn the team around and to bring in the players to push forward, as for the lack of action time will only tell, Kenny has had only a very short time to find out who he thinks deserves to keep their status with LFC or who should be heading for the exit, even up to yesterdays match he would still be unsure, he will of course have discussions on the matter with JWH  this week and i'm sure Kenny will have a few ideas even targets as to who he would want to bring in, we all know that this window is not the best for doing that but for the short term it could prove ideal, it all depends on who is or is'nt available.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #24: Jan 17, 2011 03:43:00 pm
      We all wanted Kenny back in any form but we didnt think through the implications of a Caretaker.
      What "top" player would come to work with Kenny just for 6 months because they like his style of play only to find a new man in place who plays an entirely different way and you find yourself out or on the bench.
      I can only really see some loan signings coming in unless Kenny is appointed full time and given money.Same applies to Clarke really if someone comes in after Kenny they usually want their own team so Roy going actually gave us more questions than answers.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #25: Jan 17, 2011 04:25:14 pm
      Conspicuous by our absence in the transfer market. But Kenny has had very little time to even speak to the new owners since taking over.

Sometimes no news is good news, but we are over half way through this window and although there has been little activity in the market upto now, we should be stepping a toe or two into the water for possible signings.

Dalglish may only be a stop gap 'til May, so am sure NESV will be reluctant to open the cheque book, choosing to opt for loan signings.

But loan signings are normally those players who are fringe players for their existing clubs. I would prefer to see Kenny looking into older and more experienced players, who will know what it takes to battle for the cause in an effort to ensure we move away from our current league table position.

But where will they come from?

If I was Kenny, I would enquire about Kevin Phillips for 6 months. Am sure he wouldn't turn a chance to play at Anfield at his stage of his career. Yes, an older player but we lack his experience.

And what about Danny Murphy? Knows what it means to pull the red shirt on and a player who knows how to control the midfield.

And if Matthew Upson is available, then go in for him.

The only long term signing I can see viable becausde he is a future England Defender is Gary Cahill. He'd be my only £10m + signing. A reliable replacement for Jamie when his days come to an end.

We have to do something and soon. I suspect we are waiting for the appointment of a CEO, but time is running out before we stare the rest of the season in the eyes with the same underperforming and under experienced and under spirited squad.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #26: Jan 17, 2011 04:56:42 pm
      Maybe a bit off beam, but what about Adebayor from Citeh ? Takes the pressure of Torres, and has a point to prove to Mancini etc

Would quite like Warnock back as LB.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27: Jan 17, 2011 05:06:56 pm
      I didn't expect NESV to spend bucket loads in this window, but given our current position they may think it's better to spend a few notes now, rather than risk a posible relegation battle due to a weak squad.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #28: Jan 17, 2011 05:14:52 pm
      Stewart Downing linked with Liverpool - Source - SKY.
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #29: Jan 17, 2011 05:51:16 pm
      As it is were to good to go down unless its loan to buy no thanks. Need to build for the future so go with youth or buy long term.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 433 posts |
      Reply #30: Jan 18, 2011 05:37:40 am
      It is a very precarious situation, I feel that they should have given their full backing to Kenny and made him the permanent replacement. I can understand why they haven't gone that route but look where we sit now, if Kenny was permanent then give him the backing to make this squad unbeatable and the capacity financial wise to do so, now we sit unsure til the rest of the season.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #31: Jan 18, 2011 06:40:12 am
      The way it should work is that Henry should meet with Comoli and KD and say ...

"Here is 60 million pounds, I have faith in you to use it wisely. You can also have the full use of any funds you gain from selling any player. Do your best in this difficult window, and we shall meet again in the summer and reassess."
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #32: Jan 18, 2011 11:28:34 am
      The way it should work is that Henry should meet with Comoli and KD and say ...

"Here is 60 million pounds, I have faith in you to use it wisely. You can also have the full use of any funds you gain from selling any player. Do your best in this difficult window, and we shall meet again in the summer and reassess."
      Nice Fantasy, people like John Henry aren't super rich because they "write a unconditional cheque" for 60 mill. That's a lot of money in anyone's language. That's why they are scouring the world for a top notch CEO. He or She can ensure prudence in expenditures. (Still shaking my head, 20 mill for Bent,we'd get 70 for Torres ??
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #33: Jan 18, 2011 11:32:21 am
      (Still shaking my head, 20 mill for Bent,we'd get 70 for Torres ??
      Are you suggesting that you'd be happy bringing Bent in and off loading Torres?
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #34: Jan 18, 2011 12:48:44 pm
      Are you suggesting that you'd be happy bringing Bent in and off loading Torres?
      I think he's saying if Bent is worth 20odd million,then how much is Torres worth?
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #35: Jan 18, 2011 01:01:20 pm
      I think he's saying if Bent is worth 20odd million,then how much is Torres worth?
      Precisely what I was trying to say. Boggles the mind. Perhaps Ronaldo is a bargoon at 80 mill if Bent is 20 mill. Can't count high enough to ascertain what Messi would fetch.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 433 posts |
      Reply #36: Jan 19, 2011 06:59:02 am
      With Babel looking like joining Hoffenheim, it seems like a good thing as hopefully they have agreed terms with his replacement.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #37: Jan 23, 2011 03:53:50 pm
      (hesitated to post it, but don't think this absurd rumor desserves a thread)

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-transfer-news-Reds-target-loan-move-for-Real-Madrid-striker-Karim-Benzema-report-article680125.html

Extremely unlikely, seem to be, like Llorente rumored moves, another smoke screen in Suarez negociation.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #38: Jan 23, 2011 06:17:02 pm
      No chance of Benzema to lfc. Real only have 1 fit striker.

Quick Reply