Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Cristiano Ronaldo to leave?

Read 3561 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Cristiano Ronaldo to leave?
      May 21, 2011 12:13:41 pm
      Real Madrid forced to sell Ronaldo

After a training ground bust-up between Cristiano Ronaldo and Jose Mourinho, Real Madrid will slap a £150 million price tag on the star winger.

According to reports in Sportsmail, the La Liga club's president Florentino Perez has been forced to consider offers for the player.

Real Madrid splashed out £80 million to Manchester United to prise him from England in 2009, and Perez has admitted that he would expect to make a significant profit in order to keep fans happy, despite the sale of the star.

The question is, who can afford Ronaldo? Given his annual wage bill of 20 million euros, it would take a weekly wage of over £300,000 for any Premier League club to acquire his services.

Further reports indicate that there have been long-standing issues between the Portuguese duo for a while, especially over the ex-Chelsea manager's tactics during their UEFA Champions League semi-final losses against Barcelona.

Ronaldo was displeased with Mourinho's system, saying: "I don't like it, but I have to adapt because that is the way it is," and found himself immediately dropped for Real Madrid's next fixture against Real Zaragoza.

It was earlier reported that Premier League big spenders Manchester City could consider a move for the Portuguese, and although manager Roberto Mancini has made light of such speculation, it is telling that he joked about signing Cristiano Ronaldo on Friday.

"We have signed Cristiano Ronaldo for £200million", said the Italian.

He then explained his comment was tongue-in-cheek, but added: "Cristiano Ronaldo is a fantastic player but I don't think he will leave Real Madrid."

Time to pull out that cheque-book, Mancini?

http://www.espnstar.com/football/primera-liga/news/detail/item623986/Real-Madrid-forced-to-sell-Ronaldo/

What. The. Hell. ?.
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Cristiano Ronaldo to leave?
      Reply #1: May 21, 2011 12:23:46 pm
      Think Madrid would part with Maureen before Ronaldo to be honest. Ronaldo generates more in shirt sales than Maureen could ever generate them.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2: May 21, 2011 12:30:37 pm
      I agree with you. Furthermore, it's fairly obvious that Mourinho isn't exactly getting them to play the way the fans want them to. Also, not exactly being successful with Madrid, is he.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #3: May 21, 2011 12:51:22 pm
      I wont mind if he goes to Manchester and pushes Ferguscum at Old Toilet. :D
      *HighAsAKuyt*
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #4: May 21, 2011 01:05:24 pm
      How fickle are Real madrid and their fans eh?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #5: May 21, 2011 01:10:03 pm
      I agree with you. Furthermore, it's fairly obvious that Mourinho isn't exactly getting them to play the way the fans want them to. Also, not exactly being successful with Madrid, is he.

Yet the f**ker had the cheek to question rafa's time with inter having won 2 trophies,piss of maureen & ladyboy,ladyboy would only ever go back to the sh*te he left.
      redjames83
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #6: May 21, 2011 01:26:30 pm
      not a chance this is happening! paper talk just beginning there usual made up stories for the summer!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #7: May 21, 2011 02:08:28 pm
      Yet the f**ker had the cheek to question rafa's time with inter having won 2 trophies,piss of maureen & ladyboy,ladyboy would only ever go back to the sh*te he left.

They wouldn't be able to afford him.

If they really are going to sell can only see two teams being able to pay that fee.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: May 21, 2011 03:30:30 pm
      There's no way that Ronaldo'll come back to the UK. I remember that he said he hated the weather here, and I can't see him playing for citeh.

If it comes to deciding who leaves, they'll let Maureen pack it in.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #9: May 21, 2011 08:03:23 pm
      I can see this happening TBH.

£80m ladyboy cost them, they got there money back PDQ with shirt sales.

Barca have won the league, and are in the CL final.

Madrid chop and change every season, so trying to get £150m for him will make perfect sense.

Did not Cappello win the league and then get fired?
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #10: May 23, 2011 01:51:37 am
      of course he would come hes a born show off plus the money citeh would pay for him would empower him even more.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #11: May 23, 2011 03:07:37 am
      how much do the new getafe have? i think jose or cristiano will go but i don't know which. maybe both or just mourinho?
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #12: May 23, 2011 04:46:01 am
      I can't see it happening. From RM standpoint they want the best players in the world to win trophies and beat out Barca. Selling Ronaldo won't do that. They don't need that money, just look at all the money they have spent in the last few years. And why would Ronaldo want to go to Manchester City anyways? None of it makes sense.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #13: May 23, 2011 05:51:38 am
      It's all bullshit Madrid won't sell him he just scored 40 goals in one season almost half the goals they scored the entire year.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #14: May 23, 2011 09:04:03 am
      The summer of bored journalists began early.

Now we've got to endure weeks of stories made up by hacks sat at home in their stained boxies pissed on scotch, crying into their sad little comfort blankets.

This one will be favourite, followed by us and spuds fighting over every single player that's out there.

zzzzz.

I hate it when the season ends.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #15: May 23, 2011 11:05:24 am
      Mourinho will be getting sacked anyway.

Ladyboy will stay as a result.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #16: May 23, 2011 03:28:16 pm
      The daft thing is we all knew this, we know how he likes to play and it was never going to be a good fit for Real. They went for him out of desperation to catch up with Barca, I have zero sympathy.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #17: May 23, 2011 09:22:04 pm
      Real and chelsea are living on planet zog.Think Moureen will leave before Ronaldo,could this be our Marquee signing ha ha
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #18: May 24, 2011 01:32:58 am
      Real and chelsea are living on planet zog.Think Moureen will leave before Ronaldo,could this be our Marquee signing ha ha

:D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #19: May 24, 2011 08:35:09 am
      Someone watched Zig and Zag ;)

Quick Reply