Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

PS3 Hacked

Read 2980 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      PS3 Hacked
      Jan 23, 2011 07:58:44 pm
      Knew it would happen sooner or later - it certainly lasted longer than the PS2 managed.

Anyway, people who have played MW2 online will now that the PS3 can now be hacked.  Ruined that game.

Sony are attempting to take the 'hackers' to court, but once the horse has bolted...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2011/jan/07/playstation-3-hack-ps3
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2858 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: PS3 Hacked
      Reply #1: Jan 23, 2011 08:17:03 pm
      Saw this a few days ago. Can not see the point myself. But the Car boot salesmen of his world will be delighted.

Fair play to Sony and their court case.

But this reminds me of the copying of CD's

Who makes music? Sony*.
      Who makes Recordable CD's? Sony*.
      Who makes Recordable CD Drives? Sony*.

Derrr!

*etal
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #2: Jan 23, 2011 08:35:14 pm
      All of this goes way over my head.

At first I thought you meant bad hackers that could get into your system and damage it, which worried me, but now I've found out what it's about I'm not really bothered.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #3: Jan 23, 2011 10:04:47 pm
      Anyway, people who have played MW2 online will now that the PS3 can now be hacked.  Ruined that game.
      What happened to MW2 on the PS3?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Jan 23, 2011 10:10:42 pm
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #5: Jan 23, 2011 10:17:04 pm
      Ahh ok. Thought it might be something like that. So because of the hack they're able to run cheat scripts and stuff like they've always done on the PC. Probably too late for MW2, but for new online games they might be able to come up with some sort of protection against that like Punkbuster does for the PC I'd think.

All of this goes way over my head.

At first I thought you meant bad hackers that could get into your system and damage it, which worried me, but now I've found out what it's about I'm not really bothered.
      Could ruin pretty much any game you play online though. Then again, there's enough money going around in this industry to do something against it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6: Jan 23, 2011 10:19:08 pm
      Ahh ok. Thought it might be something like that. So because of the hack they're able to run scripts and stuff like they've always done on the PC. Probably too late for MW2, but for new online games they might be able to come up with some sort of protection against that like Punkbuster does for the PC I'd think.

Their talking about bringing in software updates to fix the problem
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #7: Jan 23, 2011 10:31:02 pm
      Their talking about bringing in software updates to fix the problem
      Yeah, if I understood that article JD posted correctly that won't fix the real problem though, it'll only plug the gap untill they find another way in etc.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8: Jan 23, 2011 10:51:56 pm
      Saw that. Probably why they're releasing two games a year. Less time in between and then keep patching it up in between. They should sort out the detection issues or get a programme to monitor the F***ing. Reminds me of hacking Command and Conquer. Gave me a laugh anyway
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #9: Jan 23, 2011 11:11:17 pm
      Disappointing.

I play MW2 on the PC and it sucks because there are always hackers and cheaters and that sucks the fun out of the game. No skill!
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #10: Jan 24, 2011 10:53:06 am

Who makes Recordable CD Drives? Sony*.

Derrr!

*etal

I thought it was Philips that owned that piece of technology?
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #11: Jan 24, 2011 03:26:15 pm
      They have ruined the game bas**rds,and MW 1 aswell.I went on the other weekend and it prestiged me twice and gave me every emblem and every title in MW2.Can anyone tell me what benefit these hackers get out of doing this?.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #12: Jan 25, 2011 03:45:22 am
      There just idiots. My friends brother (Ps3) hacked to 13th prestige on black ops. Some glitch through combat training
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #13: Jan 25, 2011 10:13:04 am
      If they mean hacking by being able to breach through and create pirated games, then it's different from the hacking of modding games with x4 experience, slow mo, wall hacks or aimbots. I totally hate the latter one happening.

It's really sad because it takes the fun out of everyone who plays it properly and now, this makes it no difference to the Modern Warfare on PC.

I don't mind campers in the CoD games but I really hate hackers and cheaters.

EDIT

Infinity Ward mentioned they considered shutting down the MW2 servers for PS3 i think.
      « Last Edit: Jan 25, 2011 10:19:23 pm by Adryan »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2858 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #14: Jan 25, 2011 10:50:28 pm
      I thought it was Philips that owned that piece of technology?

You may be right, hence my get out clause, (*etal)
      But why may a system that could not be copied, and then produce and sell the very equipment to copy it.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #15: Feb 20, 2011 10:56:55 am
      Hacking a game to boost or to take the piss is just the start. What they're doing is hacking in to show that they can start throwing game mods in, which in effect blows it wide open to piracy, etc.

Hopefully Sony will throw an online ban on any PS3 systems with any hacked or modded software on, in a similar fashion to what Microsoft do. Although from that article, the hackers are past that stage and a ban like that currently wouldn't affect them. Hopefully an update will.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #16: Feb 20, 2011 11:01:15 am
      They are hacking Black Ops now, was in a game yesterday and they were boosting crates, so I sat off them waited until they were all around teh crates and threw a grenade in, then a RPG for good measure, when they were all dead, I ran over to the crates, but I couldnt collect them, they had a big yellow cross through them.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #17: Feb 20, 2011 12:57:12 pm
      Left a hacked game this morning. Was F***ing insane
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #18: Feb 20, 2011 04:50:48 pm
      All of this reminds of the World of Warcraft episode of South Park!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #19: Feb 20, 2011 05:32:15 pm
      Fook me went on MW2 for a look earlier and they can literally jump on top of any building from a standing jump whats all that about ?, thought I was in the matrix.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #20: Feb 20, 2011 06:08:41 pm
      Someone made a F**k load of money selling the data needed to crack the PS3. Probably some Sony employee. Apparently there was a single number set in the code that was meant to be variable but actually didn't change and somehow the hacker based his work around that. It was actually really well protected the PS3, no wonder it's taken so long to crack it.

Completely fu**ed up MW2, can hardly ever get in a game that isnt hacked.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #21: Feb 20, 2011 06:33:53 pm
      This is very sad. I hate cheaters and hackers in Call of Duty. Skill-less bas**rds.

It just spoils the game and spoils it for everyone who plays it the real way.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #22: Feb 20, 2011 10:02:30 pm
      PC's are for hacking FFS. Loved COD4, now ruined.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #23: Feb 20, 2011 10:09:00 pm
      Was on more hacked ones in hardcore today. Madness. Switched to light machine gun and rocket launcher. Hard work. Everytime it's over the lobby closes as the other people bail out. Could hear the lads laughing from the very start of the game. I was top scorer on my side, but the rest got wiped out. No respawn in the base didn't help
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #24: Feb 21, 2011 09:37:43 am
      There was a custom game option on black ops for the likes of this. Pretty stupid to get a thrill from running 10 times as fast and trying to aim down the sight at the same time. Or getting unlimited crates. Pretty stupid, its then 10 year olds playing that think its fun.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2871 
      Reply #25: Feb 22, 2011 12:16:36 pm
      There was a custom game option on black ops for the likes of this. Pretty stupid to get a thrill from running 10 times as fast and trying to aim down the sight at the same time. Or getting unlimited crates. Pretty stupid, its then 10 year olds playing that think its fun.

The people think it's more fun when they can take advantage against ordinary players so that's why the custom game option really has no effect.

They probably think it's not as fun if everyone in the game can do it.

Quick Reply