Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Does the January window indicate the King staying on?

Read 7981 times
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Re: Does the January window indicate the King staying on?
      Reply #46: Feb 01, 2011 01:24:15 pm
      I agree with youse, but to play Devil's advocate, these may be Comolli signings. Don't jump to conclusions.

Comolli's a scout, you quim! He identifies potential targets based on the manager's criteria.
       Personal abuse.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #47: Feb 01, 2011 01:25:14 pm
      I really think the Suarez deal was Comolis baby but Carroll defo the kings. I would be inclined to think that any sensible owners who give a man £35 million to spend on 1 player, plus more there if we could have got deals on others, suggests they will give him more then 6 months.

I hope so anyway!

Why haven't they given KD a contract yet then?
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #48: Feb 01, 2011 01:29:40 pm
      To me these tranfers don't indicate anything when it comes to our manager's future. We had to get a replacement in.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #49: Feb 01, 2011 01:42:30 pm
      Comolli's a scout, you quim! He identifies potential targets based on the manager's criteria.

"The noun quim was a Victorian-era word that was used specifically to refer to the fluids produced by the vagina, specifically during orgasm"

bit harsh carheex, he was just speculating.

anyway, i would hope it works both ways, comolli does most of the scouting but the king might sometimes as comolli to look into someone like caroll for him.

but ultimately, i would hope, of all the choices present, the king makes the decision on who he wants in the team, which seems to be the case
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #50: Feb 01, 2011 04:03:56 pm

Comolli's director of football appointed by owners coming from other sports where there is a sporting director not involved in coaching above the coaching manager in club's hierarchy and with a role not limited to scouting. Nobody can say how exactly nesv envision his role at Liverpool, but he clearly seemed to have his say about the removal of Hodgson, and will probably be one of the persons who decide for Dalglish future.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #51: Feb 01, 2011 04:08:56 pm
      I really think the Suarez deal was Comolis baby but Carroll defo the kings. I would be inclined to think that any sensible owners who give a man £35 million to spend on 1 player, plus more there if we could have got deals on others, suggests they will give him more then 6 months.

I hope so anyway!

Have a feeling it went more like Kenny wanted Carroll, NESV looked at the lad and took the advice of Kenny that he's got a big future and it'd be good if it was in Liverpool red and signed him. Don't necessarily think the spending is an indication of them backing Kenny for longer than this 6 month period, but I have a feeling that by the time we get to the summer they'll come round to the opinion Kenny's the best man for the job.

I hope anyway.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #52: Feb 01, 2011 04:22:51 pm
      If he does well then obviously Kenny has a great chance of staying on but I think this window has just been a signal of NESV's intent to plan long-term, as they have always stated. Whoever is going to be manager next season and beyond is going to benefit from the likes of Suarez and Carroll coming in.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #53: Feb 01, 2011 04:26:40 pm

Im not privy to that info
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #54: Feb 01, 2011 04:29:12 pm

Why would they? As much as Kenny is admired and respected, he's only been in charge for a handful of games. It's not like he's going to be tempted away by another club so they can afford to let him get on with it until the end of the season and see how he gets on.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #55: Feb 01, 2011 08:28:39 pm
      Didn't see this thread, but just mentioned this point in my post in the 'Kenny Factor' thread.

I think it does indicate they're going to give him a permanent contract, they know that all the fans are united behind and he's doing a good job. I (and I hope they) see no reason why he shouldn't be given the job permanently
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #56: Feb 01, 2011 08:59:45 pm
      There's a few things I would like to add here:

1) If the answer is yes, then they should announce they have made him a permanent fixture.

2) Could still be very much in the balance: this could even be an 'auditioning' role, seeing as they have let him have his fair say in transfers, the rest of the season may be his test. (In my mind, if they have done that it's bollox, Kenny has already proven his metal even though he shouldnt have to).

3) Andy Carroll was definitely all Kenny's choice, which showed the owners have the mustard and the faith in Kenny which points to one outcome in which case please see point one.

Kenny is quite clearly a favourite from past through to present, he has taken us from relegation to europa(on the way up) within a few games, brought back the Liverpool way of doing business and more importantly restored faith among supporters/owners/players(Bar one traitor). If that isn't what the owners are looking for then bring back Woy :lmao:

I agree with you, but look at it from they're standpoint....SG and others have said they want to play as hard as they can so Kenny keeps the position...hell even if the decision has been made, give the players a little motivation to keep pushing.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #57: Feb 01, 2011 09:01:41 pm
      To me these tranfers don't indicate anything when it comes to our manager's future. We had to get a replacement in.

Agreed mate.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #58: Feb 01, 2011 09:01:54 pm

He has already been tasked by FSG to lead the search for the permanent manager, a little more then a scout there mate.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #59: Feb 01, 2011 09:05:41 pm

Quim :
      The noun quim was a Victorian-era word that was used specifically to refer to the fluids produced by the vagina, specifically during orgasm. In modern usage it is primarily heard in British slang and is a derogatory or vulgar term for the vagina itself. The word is rarely used today in English slang but used in Wales as an insult rather than the above meaning. The word may be related to Welsh 'cwm' meaning 'hollow' or 'valley'.

Hmm, I've learnt a new word. Very nice, Carheex, classy.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #60: Feb 02, 2011 09:13:35 am
      I definitely think it speaks volumes about FSG's intentions past the end of this season. I don't necessarily think it's a done deal but they're giving him as much leeway as a permanent manager would, with regard to money to spend. If he pushes us up the table and has us finishing in a respectable (not necessarily top 4) position, then they must give him the job.

Also, I agree that they're less likely to announce it now. The motivation for the players and us fans (who all obviously want him here permanently) and the manager himself will be gone. I'm not saying that Kenny would get complacent, but the buzz about the place is fantastic. Why change it now?
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #61: Feb 02, 2011 10:06:12 am
      I would say yes.

It was fairly evident that the owners were not giving Hodgson the money as he was always likely to be moved on. I think they've been impressed with Dalglish and understand what he has done for morale in just 3 weeks.
      Jase31
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #62: Feb 02, 2011 12:07:42 pm
      I really hope it does mean he'll be staying! it'll do wonders for our club. It's already done me good because with Hodgson incharge i didn't even want to watch our games, even though i did, now i can't wait for every match to start again. :kop5cf8koxp6:

Quick Reply