Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Will Torres go ?

Read 3720 times
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb
      • Started Topic

• 173 posts |
      Will Torres go ?
      Jan 28, 2011 10:27:20 am
      L F C have confirmed they have recieved and turned down a bid from Chelsea for the services of Fernando Torres , thought to be in the region of 35/40m, the club insists he is not for sale but given the fact that he has a buyout clause of 50m in his contract I wonder how long he will be wearing the famous liver bird on his chest .
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Re: Will Torres go ?
      Reply #1: Jan 28, 2011 10:29:23 am
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2: Jan 28, 2011 10:31:14 am
      No.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #3: Jan 28, 2011 10:32:35 am
      Not a chance.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #4: Jan 28, 2011 10:39:18 am
      Nope, nada, negatory, nein.

As much chance as Pepe going to the scum.

Fook all.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #5: Jan 28, 2011 10:46:59 am
      Apparantly there is no 50 million buyout clause.  That Spanish fella Guillem Balague was just on sky saying so.  also said that Torres has asked Liverpool to listen to what Chelsea have to say (very worrying development).  Guillem said that according to Torres representatives, the player would ideally like to stay at Liverpool, but really wants to challange for the league and Champions league, but he cant see that happening for a while.  All news that i did not want to hear.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #6: Jan 28, 2011 10:49:03 am
      given the fact that he has a buyout clause of 50m in his contract I wonder how long he will be wearing the famous liver bird on his chest .

Does he? Doesn't that mean he should've gone last Summer then when Man City bid £70 million for him?

No way will he leave, if you look closely Chelsea are a team on the wane with an ageing squad that're nowhere near as dominant as a few seasons ago. Why would Torres want to throw in his lot with a club that has practicall zero history and tradition along with 'fans' that only started following them when the trophies started coming in?

He's a Red through and through and will be here for a long time yet.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #7: Jan 28, 2011 10:50:29 am
      Was feeling quite upbeat about things with KK back but all this talk about Nando is rather depressing !!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,596 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #8: Jan 28, 2011 10:56:05 am
      No Danger !

Not for another few seasons.

Esp. If kenny stays and we add some class to the squad.

Defo. not this winter or summer.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #9: Jan 28, 2011 10:56:43 am
      Apparantly there is no 50 million buyout clause.  That Spanish fella Guillem Balague was just on sky saying so.  also said that Torres has asked Liverpool to listen to what Chelsea have to say (very worrying development).  Guillem said that according to Torres representatives, the player would ideally like to stay at Liverpool, but really wants to challange for the league and Champions league, but he cant see that happening for a while.  All news that I did not want to hear.

Torres may be putting pressure on owners to make sure we pay what is needed to buy Suarez or other quality player.

Or Ballague may be just clueless, as he usually is about anything Liverpool related since Rafa left.
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #10: Jan 28, 2011 10:58:33 am
      Just cos we have a fantastic history it doesnt give torres winners medals does it? the man deserves winners medals hopefully he'll stay and win some with us but he wont stay on the fact we have a great history!!
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #11: Jan 28, 2011 11:01:12 am
       If the owners want Torres to stay they need to spend some money and buy some very good players, with two or three more players who have a winning mentality we can challenge for the title (EPL) and should make the CL,
       If we do not improve the squad, he may move
       You can not question Torres loyalty but he should be playing in the CL, if we are unlikely to make the top 4 next year I would not blame him for moving
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #12: Jan 28, 2011 11:06:26 am
      Apparantly there is no 50 million buyout clause.  That Spanish fella Guillem Balague was just on sky saying so.  also said that Torres has asked Liverpool to listen to what Chelsea have to say (very worrying development).  Guillem said that according to Torres representatives, the player would ideally like to stay at Liverpool, but really wants to challange for the league and Champions league, but he cant see that happening for a while.  All news that i did not want to hear.

There's as much chance of us winning the league this year as there is of Chelsea winning it. Stay put son!

As for the supposed balague comments regarding, "let's listen to what chelsea have to say".....What actually is there to say? "We want to buy you and pay you lots of money?". Sorry, but that's a nothing comment just added to make the story more interesting.
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #13: Jan 28, 2011 11:10:31 am
      Kenny Dalglish is manager. Why the F**k would he want to leave?
      EL___ NINO
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #14: Jan 28, 2011 11:12:07 am
      Not this January at least
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #15: Jan 28, 2011 11:14:38 am
      This is like the third similar thread to have appear in the last 9 months or so.

I highly doubt Fernando would move to another English team even though they are more likely to win honours than us at the moment but I'm sure he knows he won't be as happy somewhere else as he has been here. He loves us and also knows we love him. He loves the club, the fans and the city because I think he stated in his book, that we and Atletico are almost similar in terms of passionate fans and therefore, I can only see him going back to Spain and that's only two clubs  - Barcelona or back to Atletico Madrid.

But in order to keep him, we need to attract big name players like Hazard, Suarez and A. Young and not the Carlton Coles and Bobby Zamoras, which we arguably, have and start improving on pitch, which under Kenny, we have and we shall keep on. I'm sure he was really considering his future under Hodgson because he didn't look like he was enjoying his football at all but after almost 3 weeks of Kenny's 2nd reign, Torres seems a different player now.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #16: Jan 28, 2011 11:15:00 am
      He won't leave. It was couple weeks ago he said he wants to stay till the end of his contract
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6646908,00.html

Also I rewatched balague say he wants to stay at anfield, then he said he wants to join Chelsea. Get ya facts right, sounds like he's making it up.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #17: Jan 28, 2011 11:16:27 am
      I'm sorry to tell you there is a buy out clause in Torres contract, Purslow inserted buy out clauses in both Nando's and Reina's contracts in the summer.

He'll not leave during this window, but the buy out clause is there.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #18: Jan 28, 2011 11:17:26 am
      Torres has said countless times he's going nowhere.

Please think and do a little research before starting these threads.

Locked.

Quick Reply