Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will Torres still be a Liverpool player on Tuesday?

Yes
      (39.8%)
      No
      (39.5%)
      Don't care
      (20.7%)

Torres (Chelsea)

Read 428022 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Torres (Chelsea)
      Reply #46: Jan 28, 2011 02:03:30 am
      If everything went tits up and he were to be sold then this would cap off the worst year in my liverpool obsessed lifetime.
      But it ain't gonna happen and nesv have to show some financial clout and buy a quality player within the next 48 hours.
      What a ridiculous year we have all endured.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #47: Jan 28, 2011 06:19:18 am
      Haha you can F**k right back to obscurity Chelski.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #48: Jan 28, 2011 08:06:36 am
       This bid could just be a ploy buy Chelsea to get Athletico to except the bid for the there two players, letting them know that if they dont take the bid for Sergio Aguero and Diego Godin, they will go elsewhere ?
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #49: Jan 28, 2011 08:10:22 am
      Not gonna happen! Cannot believe Fernando would go to Chelski, even if our board was stupid enough to accept a bid
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #50: Jan 28, 2011 08:18:08 am
      Just to remind everyone, these are the cu*ts who want to buy Torres  8)

Look at the tits on your man making the wa**er sign!! Making that gesture was his daily exercise by the look of it!!

It is a bloke isnt it  :o
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #51: Jan 28, 2011 08:29:52 am
      Well FSG got one thing right , the reaction among Liverpool fans would be something they would NOT want to see.

Just seen a mocked up picture of our Fernando in a Chelsea shirt , it made me feel quite queasy ,  plus he doesn't suit blue !!
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #52: Jan 28, 2011 08:56:53 am
      Sly Sports News ....blah ...blah...Chelsea....bla h blah...Torres..blah...bi d...blah....want him by Monday...blah...

Monday is the end of the transfer window so they are hardly likely to want him Tuesday are they...duh !!

The only good thing is they are showing clips of his goals and proving how fantastic he is

Aplogies for the lack of profanity
      « Last Edit: Jan 28, 2011 09:06:07 am by HampshireRed »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #53: Jan 28, 2011 09:05:39 am
      Aplogies for the lack of profanity

;D, think that's the first time I've seen anyone apologise for NOT swearing

Brian, I was going to ask the same question, male / female, I'm really not sure!

Excuse me for going off topic but it's not really a topic anyway is it, they aren't getting him. Run along, Chavs.
      sergio tachini
      • Banned

• 156 posts |
      Reply #54: Jan 28, 2011 09:06:29 am
      The daily manchester ahum...(mirror)
      are trying to stir our team up, pathetic attempt to rile us up
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #55: Jan 28, 2011 09:14:07 am
      Why would he join a club whose fans aren't passionate like us? :)
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #56: Jan 28, 2011 09:17:29 am
      @TonyBarretTimes
      Tony Barrett
      LFC could not turn down a 60m offer for Torres without breaching the terms of his contract

Jim Boardman
      @TonyBarretTimes But they also couldn't force him to go there if he didn't want to.

Seem to confirm there is a release clause, perhaps not 50m but under 60.

Now I doubt that Abramovitch really want to put that much money on Torres, imo he was just trying to convince his fans he can still invest like City.

And of course doubt even more that Torres would consider such offer (even if to be frank, I see a small risk he may be tempted ; being a world class player and having won f*** all at club level at age 27, due to being in a club unable to win the league since 20 years, promising him new world class partners every year but never delivering, seeming so poor it can't bid more than 17m on such recruit, etc...).

Time to pay what is needed and conclude some deals.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #57: Jan 28, 2011 09:18:18 am
      Why would he join a club whose fans aren't passionate like us? :)

Money and trophies maybe?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #58: Jan 28, 2011 09:31:36 am
      dont think he cares about money so much, seems too loyal and decent a lad. but trophies definitely, that would be my only worry. he'll stay 1 more season at most imo unless we invest in the summer and have a brilliant run in the leaguye and cl next year.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,267 posts | 282 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #59: Jan 28, 2011 09:32:13 am
      F**k off chelski
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #60: Jan 28, 2011 09:39:23 am
      Chelsea have got no chance, KK is not going to let FT be sold, reckon KK would walk if Nando got sold under his nose.

Non starter IMO.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #61: Jan 28, 2011 09:41:26 am
      Please, load of rubbish. If Bent can go for 18mil, Torres is worth 100mil.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #62: Jan 28, 2011 09:45:26 am
      Chelsea have got no chance, KK is not going to let FT be sold, reckon KK would walk if Nando got sold under his nose.

Release clause = KK and FSG can't refuse if they pay it.

Now it's very unlikely. I think they would have paid Aguero release clause if they wanted to invest 60m in a striker, Torres being more likely to refuse to join a rival club mid season.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #63: Jan 28, 2011 09:47:06 am
      @TonyBarretTimes
      Tony Barrett
      LFC could not turn down a 60m offer for Torres without breaching the terms of his contract

Jim Boardman
      @TonyBarretTimes But they also couldn't force him to go there if he didn't want to.

Seem to confirm there is a release clause, perhaps not 50m but under 60.

Now I doubt that Abramovitch really want to put that much money on Torres, imo he was just trying to convince his fans he can still invest like City.

And of course doubt even more that Torres would consider such offer (even if to be frank, I see a small risk he may be tempted ; being a world class player and having won f*** all at club level at age 27, due to being in a club unable to win the league since 20 years, promising him new world class partners every year but never delivering, seeming so poor it can't bid more than 17m on such recruit, etc...).

Time to pay what is needed and conclude some deals.
      These release clauses exist to ensure that if a player is sold, the selling club gets a good price and also to ensure that the player is not trapped at the club and can move on if a big enough offer is made.
      If the player does not want to go and the club don't want to sell him, the size of the release clause is irrelevent, it doesn't mean a deal HAS to happen just because a bid above that amount has been tabled.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #64: Jan 28, 2011 09:49:09 am
      This is kinda scaring the sh*t out of me here! Why is everyone taking this so seriously all of a sudden...they've odds posted all over the place of where Nando's going! I hope he is as loyal as I've always thought he is!
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #65: Jan 28, 2011 10:02:44 am
      SSN should have won the best comedy award this week.

They have just tried to make last night's story into a 'phenomenal update on the Torres story'

What muppet does their editorial?

I find it all rather pathetic
      lfc_ynwa
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #66: Jan 28, 2011 10:04:27 am
      SSN should have won the best comedy award this week.

They have just tried to make last night's story into a 'phenomenal update on the Torres story'

What muppet does their editorial?

I find it all rather pathetic

You seem to be in deny. As long as they don't bid 50 million we'll be fine.

Smoothing words here, http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/torres-is-not-for-sale
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #67: Jan 28, 2011 10:05:39 am
      This is kinda scaring the sh*t out of me here! Why is everyone taking this so seriously all of a sudden...they've odds posted all over the place of where Nando's going! I hope he is as loyal as I've always thought he is!

Nando was promised 3-4 new world class signings last year and has seen none since then. His agent asked Purslow to put a release clause in his contract to convince him to stay. New owners are cool and all but are mostly speaking about long term plans, meaning Torres can continue to be trophiless for 2-3 years if he stays.

The question isn't if he is loyal, but if the club has been loyal enough with him. I think he would still refuse a Chelsea or other PL club offer now, but him leaving in summer, or as soon a non english club make a sufficient offer, is a serious concern.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #68: Jan 28, 2011 10:06:21 am
      Apparently they originally offered £28 million plus a player....who do we reckon the player was? I bet it was someone insulting like Sturridge!

Quick Reply