Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will Torres still be a Liverpool player on Tuesday?

Yes
      (39.8%)
      No
      (39.5%)
      Don't care
      (20.7%)

Torres (Chelsea)

Read 429231 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Torres (Chelsea)
      Reply #69: Jan 28, 2011 10:10:40 am
      Torres said a few weeks ago that he would see out his contact at anfield. I just hope we sign someone to show Torres we mean business.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #70: Jan 28, 2011 10:11:31 am
      You seem to be in deny. As long as they don't bid 50 million we'll be fine.

Smoothing words here, http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/torres-is-not-for-sale

Not so much denial as everthing has a price but more a sense of disappointment at the lowest common denominator / Big Brother / Xfactor beast the media has become. I realise I have an off switch on the tv but paying the subs comes with an expectation of at least grown up reporting

Thanks for the link  :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #71: Jan 28, 2011 10:22:23 am
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/torres-is-not-for-sale

From the offal...

Are we clear now?

Right then...

F**k of Chelsea FC
      You aint got no history
      5 european cup
      18 leagues
      That's what we call history
      LFCexiled
      Reply #72: Jan 28, 2011 10:22:42 am
      Chelsea in for Torres.

Manure in for Pepe.

People are starting to worry.

We are officially on our way to the top of the tree and the others don't like it.

Pointless trivia: Before the Fulham match the last time we were that low in the league we went on to win it.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #73: Jan 28, 2011 10:25:06 am
      On a separate note.

Doesn't our resident chav ITK PGlynn91 know anything more? ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #74: Jan 28, 2011 10:28:04 am
      Official statement from the club says he is not for sale so I'm not worried about this.

One thing our statement does show is Suarez and Adam are definatley for sale as their clubs could just as easily said this when we made a bid for their players.

Also I'm pleased with the way the club has acted. Chelsea make a low bid, which we have done with Suarez and Adam, we don't accept it, say he's not for sale abd move on. Blackpool in particular could learn a lot from this in my opinion.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #75: Jan 28, 2011 10:31:10 am
      ;D @ chavs
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #76: Jan 28, 2011 10:41:19 am
      Balague is reporting that Nando has asked the club to listen to Chelsea's offer...I F***ing hope this is bollocks!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #77: Jan 28, 2011 10:43:25 am
      Ballbag likes to think he's an ITK but he's shown time after time that he know's fk all.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #78: Jan 28, 2011 10:44:43 am
      Ballague has never been correct about anything since Rafa left.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #79: Jan 28, 2011 10:46:04 am
      Balague is reporting that Nando has asked the club to listen to Chelsea's offer...I f**king hope this is bollocks!

Yeah he said Gerrard and Torres were to leave in the summer. Has he gotten anything right regarding Torres? Also if nando wanted to leave he would of left by now. Chelsea always bid for nando and every time we've refused and so have torres. Also he said Torres is 28, ;D no he isn't.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #80: Jan 28, 2011 11:06:26 am
      I don't know about you lot being so confident, Balague has a lot of contacts in Spain, big moves come about from media spin released by agents. The way it was worded on SSN was that 'Torres would ideally like the club to be challenging for CL and Prem trophies every year, but realistically that isn't the case at the minute'

I'm looking on anxiously, if it is the case he goes - then good riddance. No player is bigger than LFC but similarly I wouldn't like to think one of the greatest players in the world will be stolen from us AFTER all the sh*te we've gone through the past 3 years.

Torres isn't getting any younger, still has no major honours to his name, his old club won UEFA Cup and have been in the CL the past few years. The unfortunate reality, although it depresses me to say it, is that Torres deciding he's had enough is a genuine possibilty... :(
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #81: Jan 28, 2011 11:16:39 am
      Not too sure why we are just dismissing that he possibly wants to leave. I know he loves the club but he loves Athletico Madrid as well and left there to win trophies and in that time they have won more than us! 
      Hope to F**k this isn't true.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #82: Jan 28, 2011 11:23:13 am
      Its all on sky sports and Telegraph about "Torres wanting Liverpool to listen to offer"

Im starting to feel a bit sick, i hope its all bullshite :(
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #83: Jan 28, 2011 11:23:25 am
      SSN is scaring the sh*t out of me! He is now evens to join Chelsea with Sky Bet.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #84: Jan 28, 2011 11:23:27 am
      IF he does want to leave, then the £50million buy-out clause in his contract would definitely set us up for a massive rebuild in the summer.

Saying that, I absolutely do not want him to leave.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #85: Jan 28, 2011 11:23:35 am
      Torres could be tempted to leave us at some point, we're lucky to have kept him this long given the sh*t he's been put through under Gillett and Hicks' time.

However, I don't think he'd ever go to another English club out of respect for the fans who love him so much.

And £28 million + a player or £40 million is simply a pisstake, unless it's £28 million + Messi or something.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #86: Jan 28, 2011 11:31:15 am
      Remember the Pepe warning to owners about the risk of having only long term plans.

Imo he was resuming how Torres thinks.

He wants to stay, but also to see owners pay for some world class players fast. And the Suarez merry go round may make him think they don't have the money for.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #87: Jan 28, 2011 11:31:23 am
      We need an official statement from Nando or Kenny saying what the F**k is going on. This is unbearable!
      lfc_ynwa
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #88: Jan 28, 2011 11:33:10 am
      If Saurez is signed I think nando will defiantly stay because he can see investment, if not then he might be tempted to leave.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #89: Jan 28, 2011 11:35:58 am
      We need an official statement from Nando or Kenny saying what the F**k is going on. This is unbearable!

For you.

We've rejected their bid, that's what's going on.

I think we can be sure that unless they put in a crazy amount, AND Torres is willing to play in blue, then he's going nowhere.

Worst case scenario then, is Torres leaves, but we can snap up our transfer targets, and rebuild in the summer.

I want him to stay, but have faith in Kenny, he won't let Torres go unless it's for the best of the club and player.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #90: Jan 28, 2011 11:36:42 am
      We need an official statement from Nando or Kenny saying what the f**k is going on. This is unbearable!

I don't think we do. The club released a statement saying the bid is rejected and he is not for sale.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #91: Jan 28, 2011 11:42:35 am
      A couple of wins for Liverpool and boom Reina's on his way and Torres wants to listen to Chelsea. ;)

All we know is about the bid. A bid that was nowhere near the valuation of the player. Torres won't go to another British club and the owners won't sell.

Simples.

Quick Reply