Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 788690 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Luis Suarez Player Thread
      Reply #5037: Dec 06, 2013 07:12:57 pm
      So what if... we made Suarez captain?

No, really.  I'm serious.  For being the legend that he is, Stevie isn't exactly the most vocal player.  He rarely gets on anyone, he's more of a "lead by example" type.  And yet, lately (okay, for a while now) he's not been leading by example.  Half the time he's out there he looks like he couldn't be arsed.  Contrast to Suarez, one of the most passionate players in the league, he is always on everyone to make a better pass, to play better, and with him leading the line, all the players behind him would see how hard he is working, see the passion he shows no matter how big or small the oppositoin, and it would be infectious and give them the kick up the arse they unfortunately all too often need.

I think it's worth a try.

What an excellent idea, not like he done pretty much all he could to leave in the summer and missed virtually 20 games through suspension, the last of which for biting someone. He is a quality player but he isn't deserving of being captain, Gerrard has given his all for the club for well over a decade in which time he has won us the Champions League and the FA Cup with his performances along with a sh*t load more games. Guarantee if his form wasn't up and down this season you wouldn't be talking such crap. But then again, maybe you would...

Give your head a wobble and go educate yourself.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5038: Dec 07, 2013 04:30:46 am
      Fed, I think even if that thought entered Brendan's mind, Luis would never accept it. He's mates with Stevie, you can see how much each means to one another and Luis would say, I'm not taking the Captaincy from Captain Fantastic.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #5039: Dec 07, 2013 10:07:39 am
      The longer we hold onto Luis the lower the price we will get for him, unless he signs another contract, that's the problem.

It was puzzling to read in the Echo Brendan stating there was no hurry in discussing an extension to his contract which has two and a half years to run.
      Considering Suarez' age the remaining time in his contract comes in for more scrutiny than if he were a 20 year old player.
      Luis will be aware that his best playing days are probably contained in that two and a half year span and trophies will be his paramount concern, concern indeed when he assesses the strength and qualities of certain members of the squad.
      Maybe this is the reason BR is not to rushed in discussing contracts in the near future with Luis Suarez.     
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #5040: Dec 07, 2013 10:56:36 am
      It was puzzling to read in the Echo Brendan stating there was no hurry in discussing an extension to his contract which has two and a half years to run.
      Considering Suarez' age the remaining time in his contract comes in for more scrutiny than if he were a 20 year old player.
      Luis will be aware that his best playing days are probably contained in that two and a half year span and trophies will be his paramount concern, concern indeed when he assesses the strength and qualities of certain members of the squad.
      Maybe this is the reason BR is not to rushed in discussing contracts in the near future with Luis Suarez.   

I reckon Luis is waiting to see how the season ends, finish fourth and Rodgers maybe able to persuade a contract extension, any lower and he'll be Easy Jetting his way to Madrid. (IMO).
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #5041: Dec 07, 2013 12:11:58 pm
      LFC plan to make Luis Suarez Prem. League's highest earner :-

http://www.givemesport.com/408825-liverpool-plan-enormous-suarez-offer?tg=/football
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #5042: Dec 07, 2013 01:02:57 pm
      four more, por favor, Luis!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5043: Dec 07, 2013 01:28:01 pm
      LUIS  V ENGLAND     WORLD CUP 2014.

:lmao:

If they dont hate him now ... they will then.
      F**k em.
      Do what you do and play the way you play Luis.

You are one of ours .
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #5044: Dec 08, 2013 01:17:55 am
      Why the hell wasnt Luis given a secod goal?? It was a clear deflection, not an own goal.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #5045: Dec 08, 2013 08:44:41 am
      Why the hell wasnt Luis given a secod goal?? It was a clear deflection, not an own goal.

It was a jaw-dropping display of skill by Luis mate but their goalie was well placed to get a hand to the eventual shot, as it was the deflection wrong-footed him and the own-goal decision was given.
      A technical point purely; technically Luis Suarez was unstoppable and scoring for fun it was his goal all day.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #5046: Dec 08, 2013 10:50:45 am
      It was a jaw-dropping display of skill by Luis mate but their goalie was well placed to get a hand to the eventual shot, as it was the deflection wrong-footed him and the own-goal decision was given.
      A technical point purely; technically Luis Suarez was unstoppable and scoring for fun it was his goal all day.

The fact that the defending player touches the ball last does not automatically mean that the goal is recorded as an own goal. Thus a shot which is already "on target" would not be an own goal even if deflected by the defender. Then the attacker is awarded the goal, even if the shot would have otherwise been easily saved by the goalkeeper.

Thatd what is says in wiki, but its thry way i viewed it my whole life. If a ball was bound antwhere between the posts, its a goal,  not sn og.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #5047: Dec 08, 2013 11:29:44 am

The fact that the defending player touches the ball last does not automatically mean that the goal is recorded as an own goal. Thus a shot which is already "on target" would not be an own goal even if deflected by the defender. Then the attacker is awarded the goal, even if the shot would have otherwise been easily saved by the goalkeeper.

Thatd what is says in wiki, but its thry way i viewed it my whole life. If a ball was bound antwhere between the posts, its a goal,  not sn og.

As posted they can say what they like (referees usually do) Luis was scoring for fun and it's his goal all day.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #5048: Dec 11, 2013 05:41:47 am
      Luis carry us with those magical feet of yours will you now, more than ever.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #5049: Dec 11, 2013 05:06:36 pm

He's been awarded it now :)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-striker-luis-suarez-6396047
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #5050: Dec 11, 2013 05:18:56 pm
      15 in 10, just wow! Usually the sort of figures reserved for just Ronaldo and Messi.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5051: Dec 11, 2013 05:30:45 pm
      15 in 10, just wow! Usually the sort of figures reserved for just Ronaldo and Messi.

Amazing.
      Let's hope he can keep it going all season :D
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #5052: Dec 11, 2013 05:34:34 pm
      Last season it took him 20 games to score 15 goals, in this one only 10. If he goes on like this he'll only need 17 more goals for breaking the record for most scored goals in a season.

He's deffo on top of Europe at the moment, I hope the rumors about the club offering him a new contract are true, I hope they double even triple that supposed 40 million buyout clause in case anyone whats to offer him a pound or two more.

Till then, Luis I'm glad you play for my team, I'm gonna sit back and enjoy your magic.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5053: Dec 11, 2013 05:35:11 pm

Just 17 more to go from 23 games to beat Shearers and Ladyboys record and take the Golden Boot.

Come on Luis make them give you an award mate, you know you want to  >:D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5054: Dec 11, 2013 05:38:01 pm
      Just 17 more to go from 23 games to beat Shearers and Ladyboys record and take the Golden Boot.

Come on Luis make them give you an award mate, you know you want to  >:D

Given it's a world cup year, there's every chance he can do it, and he's probably not peaked yet in terms of form and fitness.
      What a player :D

And all the more remarkable considering his ban.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #5055: Dec 11, 2013 05:51:19 pm
      Remarkable

Mmmm almost as if he is trying to prove something to somebody..

In all seriousness he is a wonderful player, I'd enjoy him for his last 20 odd games..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5056: Dec 11, 2013 06:29:02 pm
      I don't really care if he's trying to prove something to someone, as long as he keeps banging in the goals that's all I'm bothered about.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #5057: Dec 11, 2013 06:33:12 pm
      I don't really care if he's trying to prove something to someone, as long as he keeps banging in the goals that's all I'm bothered about.

Me either..

I just would get used to him doing it elsewhere in a few months time
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5058: Dec 11, 2013 06:38:12 pm
      Me either..

I just would get used to him doing it elsewhere in a few months time

If he goes, he goes.

Nothing I can do about it, so I'm not going to worry.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #5059: Dec 11, 2013 06:44:17 pm
      If he goes, he goes.

Nothing I can do about it, so I'm not going to worry.

I agree..

I'm sure he will though

Quick Reply