Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 786879 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: Luis Suarez Player Thread
      Reply #5980: Jun 21, 2014 08:54:34 am
      I love SUarez and I was made up when he scored. Noting to do with beating England. I would have been happy if Stevie or Sterling or Hendo or Johnson or Sturridge scored too. I was made up for Luis though because he is just great and it gave him the chance to make a statement against the FA. Even if he goes to Madrid this year he will still be great.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #5981: Jun 21, 2014 10:45:44 am
      Just another thing. Suarez was banned for 8 games for being a racist, with no witness and with the accuser given 3 opportunities to give his version and Suarez given 1 chance to get it straight. Meanwhile John Terry is on video calling Ferdinand a Black C and he gets nothing (because it is a police investigation......).

He is branded a cheat because he handled the Ghanaian ball on the line. Yet Phil Neville handles Lucas' ball on the line ... nothing. Anyone in the situation he was in, which is f*ck all people mind you, would probably handle the ball on the line.

When Luis scored that second and kissed the ring and the wrist and his smile erupted, when the FA accused him of racism.. an institution that is not only racist but misogynist and elitist..... When the Uruguayan president laughed at the FA accusing a Uruguay of their standards when Uruguay is a progressive inclusive society... when he buried that ball and it was never in doubt .. I thought .. you are a very very good footballer. The real thing that pissed off his detractors is that he didn't fold under pressure, he didn't play the game, he keeps on winning where others fold and I for one hope he smashes Messi and Ronaldo and that lot on his way to the tournaments best player.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #5982: Jun 21, 2014 11:26:26 am
      According to the Mirror Barca want Luis, as do Real Madrid and every football team on the planet and they believe a ÂŁ70m bid will activate a release clause........blah blah F***ing blah.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5983: Jun 21, 2014 12:58:47 pm
      Do people actually think there's a release clause? I'm getting slightly worried that there is :( Can someone put my mind at ease and say there isn't?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,302 posts | 4949 
      Reply #5984: Jun 21, 2014 01:02:41 pm
      Do people actually think there's a release clause? I'm getting slightly worried that there is :( Can someone put my mind at ease and say there isn't?

I'd guess there is one and think it's one reason he was convinced to stay last summer.

It may be a complex one though and could even bu void if we got CL football or something like that.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #5985: Jun 21, 2014 02:55:35 pm

Luis Suarez: There’s no priority clause for Barça or Madrid in my contract
      by Tom Conn  | Posted on Thursday, May 15th, 2014

Liverpool striker, Luis Suarez was seen in Barcelona on Wednesday, stirring up the rumour mill, but the Uruguayan international insisted that he has no knowledge of a reported clause in his current contract that would allow Barcelona or Real Madrid priority if they presented an offer.

luissuarez

In his event on Wednesday, Suarez spoke about a possible move, but insists that he is now completely focused on the upcoming 2014 World Cup.

“”To my knowledge, I never signed a clause into my contract to give priority to any team.  I know I had a good season and there is always speculation in the press, but for right now I’m focused on the World Cup.

“I don’t know what ‘9’ Barcelona needs, they have great players. Barça knows what players they need, what players the manager wants.  It’s not my decision.  At the moment, I have a contract with Liverpool and every team I go to I give my all and sacrifice.

“Everyone knows that Barcelona, with the quality they have, that the tiki-taka style will never die out.  It’s very nice to watch, what’s happening now is that the managers now know how they play and it gets more difficult each time.

“We come to Barcelona a lot because it’s where my in-laws live.  When we come here, we spend a lot of time with the family.  Here were are relaxed, we go unnoticed and it’s comfortable for me.”

Suarez went on to add that Cristiano Ronaldo doesn’t score this weekend against Espanyol and that he may win the Golden Boot with a total of 31 goals.

“I hope Cristiano Ronaldo doesn’t score.  He’s one of the best in the world, we are both fighting for the Golden Boot, but I’d never want a player not to play.  If he scores, it’s a shame, but I don’t go crazy over it.”

Suarez went on to discuss the World Cup and the threat of facing Spain.

“Spain is obviously the favourite because they are the reigning champions, but Germany, Argentina and Brazil are also good…

“The World Cup is a competition you dream about playing in as a child. Now I have the opportunity to fulfill my dream of playing for my country and you never know what’ll happen, we’ll try to do well.  Uruguay are in good form and we’ll try to give joy to our country.”

Suarez concluded by discussing Liverpool’s season, where they fell just short of winning the title.

“We had a spectacular season.  People couldn’t have imagined we’d finish as high as we did.  In the end, we lost some points and we missed out on the title.  There are a lot of young players who will grow well at Liverpool, which is a great club.”

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/108238/luis-suarez-theres-no-priority-clause-for-barca-or-madrid-in-my-contract/

Not exactly confirmation mate, but the best I could find.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5986: Jun 21, 2014 03:28:40 pm

Not exactly confirmation mate, but the best I could find.

Better than nothing I guess. Thanks for digging that up!

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5987: Jun 21, 2014 05:47:57 pm
      I have no sympathy for Roy or the players after Luis scored those goals.  I know it's virtually impossible to stop him but seriously, you can't give him a yard of space in front of goal and hope he doesn't score.

Be interesting to see how Italy deal with him.  I hope he runs rings round them, causes mayhem and bags a hat full   :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5988: Jun 21, 2014 06:23:16 pm
      I have no sympathy for Roy or the players after Luis scored those goals.  I know it's virtually impossible to stop him but seriously, you can't give him a yard of space in front of goal and hope he doesn't score.

Be interesting to see how Italy deal with him.  I hope he runs rings round them, causes mayhem and bags a hat full   :D

We really all should have seen it coming considering Luis's scoring exploits against Everton. Jagielka's reputation has been single handedly ruined by Suarez at club and international level and will command no more respect than Matthew Upson!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5989: Jun 21, 2014 06:41:17 pm
      We really all should have seen it coming considering Luis's scoring exploits against Everton. Jagielka's reputation has been single handedly ruined by Suarez at club and international level and will command no more respect than Matthew Upson!

Not just him mate, Cahill was as bad from what I saw, although like you say he was having to cover Jagielka.

Maybe Roy just thought let's ignore him.  He's just had knee surgery, probably isn't fit and isn't world class so no need to concern ourselves.  Stupid old fart!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,399 posts | 6405 
      Reply #5991: Jun 21, 2014 08:25:33 pm
      Luis isn't going anywhere, good grief, everyone needs to relax.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #5992: Jun 21, 2014 08:34:29 pm
      Hopefully there is some base in your words mate and it's not just a wish.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5993: Jun 21, 2014 08:38:24 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5994: Jun 21, 2014 10:34:22 pm

I agree mate. Can't see him leaving us this season at the very least. He said he wants to play Champions League with Liverpool. He has his wish, now we go on and win Number 6.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,399 posts | 6405 
      Reply #5995: Jun 22, 2014 12:43:53 am
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5996: Jun 22, 2014 01:07:02 am
      Just another thing. Suarez was banned for 8 games for being a racist, with no witness and with the accuser given 3 opportunities to give his version and Suarez given 1 chance to get it straight. Meanwhile John Terry is on video calling Ferdinand a Black C and he gets nothing (because it is a police investigation......).

He is branded a cheat because he handled the Ghanaian ball on the line. Yet Phil Neville handles Lucas' ball on the line ... nothing. Anyone in the situation he was in, which is f*ck all people mind you, would probably handle the ball on the line.

When Luis scored that second and kissed the ring and the wrist and his smile erupted, when the FA accused him of racism.. an institution that is not only racist but misogynist and elitist..... When the Uruguayan president laughed at the FA accusing a Uruguay of their standards when Uruguay is a progressive inclusive society... when he buried that ball and it was never in doubt .. I thought .. you are a very very good footballer. The real thing that pissed off his detractors is that he didn't fold under pressure, he didn't play the game, he keeps on winning where others fold and I for one hope he smashes Messi and Ronaldo and that lot on his way to the tournaments best player.

Is right, F**k the FA and this media. We must be the only group of supporters that smiled a lot or even if just a little when Luis scored those goals. Gutted for the Liverpool lads but ecstatic for Luis. When the group draws happened I said that if we were to get done I hoped it was Luis that done it. Only because of this FA that runs this charade.

Is right Luis, F**k em all.

cmzf3110
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #5997: Jun 23, 2014 06:14:14 pm

Being Uruguayan I have no sympathy whatsoever for the FA . He has made many mistakes , for sure . The Evra farce was by far the one that hurt him the most , he is no Racist whatsoever, and the way he was portrayed I guarantee you was the one that upset and hurt him the most . I guarantee when he scored the second goal he had rage towards( Ferguson,Man UTd , the press) all the people who crucified him after that incident. I was not happy after those stupid  comments he made last summer , about leaving. Because he has recieved nothing but love and support from all Liverpool fans .
      This year he could of had a bad year and they would have sold him , maybe if he was a LOSER ! He came back and set records and helped his team come inches from the title and Champions league qualification.  But Suarez is nothing but a WINNER !!! There is a reason his teamates and coaches LOVE him !! He trains and works his ass off everyday and will do everything for his team .

All the manutd,chelsea,everton,arsenal and mancity fans love to create this speculation of moves to spain so they can upset LIVERPOOL fans , they would love to see him far away.

I wish he stays for many , many years at LIVERPOOL , he has made me and my family huge LIVERPOOL supporters for life . I believe LIVERPOOL is the best fit for him as a player.

LUIS AND LIVERPOOL YNWA
      « Last Edit: Jun 23, 2014 09:23:21 pm by cmzf3110 »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #5998: Jun 23, 2014 08:25:29 pm
      Being Uruguayan I have no sympathy whatsoever for the FA . He has made many mistakes , for sure . The Evra farce was by far the one that hurt him the most , he is no Racist whatsoever, and the way he was portrayed I guarantee you was the one that upset and hurt him the most . I guarantee when he scored the second goal he had rage towards( Ferguson,Man UTd , the press) all the people who crucified him after that incident. I was not happy after those stupid comments last summer , because he has recieved nothing but love and support from all Liverpool fans .
      This year he could of had a bad year and they would have sold him , maybe if he was a LOSER ! He came back and set records and helped his team come inches from the title and Champions league qualification.  But Suarez is nothing but a WINNER !!! There is a reason his teamates and coaches LOVE him !! He trains and works his ass off everyday and will do everything for his team .

All the manutd,chelsea,everton,arsenal and mancity fans love to create this speculation of moves to spain so they can upset LIVERPOOL fans , they would love to see him far away.

I wish he stays for many , many years at LIVERPOOL , he has made me and my family huge LIVERPOOL supporters for life . I believe LIVERPOOL is the best fit for him as a player.

LUIS AND LIVERPOOL YNWA

Stirring words mate +1. 
            YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5999: Jun 23, 2014 08:30:13 pm
      I believe LIVERPOOL is the best fit for him as a player.

I believe that too mate, let's hope Luis feels the same.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6000: Jun 24, 2014 04:36:33 am
      Gracias por venir a apoyarme y estar siempre. MĂĄs fuerza que la me dais ustedes, nadie!!!! Los amo mucho!!!!!

Thanks for coming and supporting me as always. You give me more energy than everyone else!! I love you a lot!!

Hope his kids say to him, we love Liverpool Daddy, let's stay here forever...la.  ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #6001: Jun 24, 2014 07:23:25 am
      Gracias por venir a apoyarme y estar siempre. MĂĄs fuerza que la me dais ustedes, nadie!!!! Los amo mucho!!!!!

Thanks for coming and supporting me as always. You give me more energy than everyone else!! I love you a lot!!

Hope his kids say to him, we love Liverpool Daddy, let's stay here forever...la.  ;)

F***ing shocking highlights Sophia you need to sack your stylist.

Lovely family pic though.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #6002: Jun 24, 2014 09:26:58 am
      F***ing shocking highlights Sophia you need to sack your stylist.

Lovely family pic though.

:D

She needs a head full of foils hey reddeb?

Quick Reply