Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Napoli [Champions League] Tue 11th Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 11th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W7 D8 L7

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 587973 times
      artaylor
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,942 posts | 265 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)
      Reply #7140: Jul 11, 2017 04:50:00 pm
      Agree.

I'd have him back without a second thought.

Not sure this should be a question. There's no doubt 99% of us would take Luis back surely!!!

I actually think it might still happen maybe in a couple of years time when his contract with Barca is up. I disagree he'll go straight back to Uruguay, think he'd much prefer to have a season or two in Europe after Barca and then head home.

I'd take him at 32 that's for sure. Not like he had much pace to lose in the first place and he'll never lose his appetite for the game ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,776 posts | 2432 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7141: Jul 13, 2017 07:14:46 am
      Come home Luis.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,681 posts | 1056 
      Reply #7142: Jul 13, 2017 11:04:21 am
      Perception is such a funny thing eh? Torres and Sterling are hated yet Suarez who was on the brink of striking and taking us to court for Arsenal!!! is a legend
      (I'm well aware I have a pic of Suarez under my name, I loved him)
      Not to mention he wanted to leave Liverpool for peanuts, which is what Owen is hated for... intent doesn't mean anything around here it seems.
      Ribapuru

• 9,681 posts | 1056 
      Reply #7143: Jul 13, 2017 11:08:05 am
      Gerrard can say he wants a move to Chelsea but then change his mind and all is forgiven, yet Suarez is tarnished from now to the end of time regarding Arsenal where some are concerned.
      Key thing her is changed his mind.. Gerrard's own choice, he didn't have to... he got a much better offer and in the end refused it. He is about as loyal as they come in football. Suarez took us to court, if you don't see the difference in that then I am utterly speechless.

My opinion if you hate Owen you should ethically hate Suarez and Torres and those names are interchangeable, I don't care who I **** off with this statement since to me it is all hypocritical and I stand alone on this opinion if I have to.
      Owen played for United, Torres Chelsea and the only reason Suarez didn't go to Arsenal is the court ruled in our favour.
      Gerrard had the chance he didn't take it
      LondonRed83

• 7,540 posts | 734 
      Reply #7144: Jul 13, 2017 11:17:20 am
      Suarez stayed after the Arsenal sh*t and had the season of his life for Liverpool. He was f**king immense.

All is forgiven :)
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,724 posts | 1600 
      Reply #7145: Jul 13, 2017 05:08:53 pm
      I'd take him back in a heartbeat whatever the cost, get VVD and take the title.

Migs

Matip    VVD   Lovren

Henderson

Mane                        Salah

Coutinho

Lallana      Suarez      Firmino

Bench: Can, Gini, Sturridge, Origi, Klaven, Karius,

All graft, all grit, all guts and speed on the flanks....that starting XI
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,672 posts | 2588 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7146: Jul 13, 2017 05:25:00 pm
      Key thing her is changed his mind.. Gerrard's own choice, he didn't have to... he got a much better offer and in the end refused it. He is about as loyal as they come in football. Suarez took us to court, if you don't see the difference in that then I am utterly speechless.

My opinion if you hate Owen you should ethically hate Suarez and Torres and those names are interchangeable, I don't care who I **** off with this statement since to me it is all hypocritical and I stand alone on this opinion if I have to.
      Owen played for United, Torres Chelsea and the only reason Suarez didn't go to Arsenal is the court ruled in our favour.

Suarez didn't actually take us to court. We gambled on Arsenal not taking us to court which there was talk of them doing, it would have been them, not Suarez taking us to court.
      Suarez openly admitted he wanted to go to Arsenal until Gerrard spoke with him and "changed his mind" by wanting to stay until he had the chance to go to Barcelona. So as you say, Gerrard changed his mind and you've forgiven him for that but yet you put Suarez in the Owen and Torres category.
      « Last Edit: Jul 13, 2017 06:14:24 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Ribapuru

• 9,681 posts | 1056 
      Reply #7147: Jul 13, 2017 09:51:33 pm
      Suarez didn't actually take us to court. We gambled on Arsenal not taking us to court which there was talk of them doing, it would have been them, not Suarez taking us to court.
      Suarez openly admitted he wanted to go to Arsenal until Gerrard spoke with him and "changed his mind" by wanting to stay until he had the chance to go to Barcelona. So as you say, Gerrard changed his mind and you've forgiven him for that but yet you put Suarez in the Owen and Torres category.
      I am not sure how much Gerrard had to do with Suarez staying, personally I think that was said to get fans back onside after FSG dug their heels in. FSG said long before Suarez was not for sale. Arsenal didn't take us to court because the buyout clause was not legally binding.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,700 posts | 3373 
      Reply #7148: Jul 15, 2017 01:13:14 pm

Or just give up coming out with the sh*te that inhabits that empty head of yours.

HeighwayToHeaven
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #7149: Sep 13, 2017 03:44:04 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOgEBBSh81U

A reminder of just how f**king good he was for us. The lad can play a bit.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,324 posts | 284 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #7150: Sep 13, 2017 06:32:33 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOgEBBSh81U

A reminder of just how f**king good he was for us. The lad can play a bit.

:'(
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,822 posts | 1359 
      Reply #7151: Jan 08, 2018 02:55:34 pm
      Tapping up at it's finest by Suarez, not nice to hear, but it will always happen between friends. And even without Suarez begging him to join, he still would have gone to his dream club.

Edit: Ah, you know what, I don't even know why I am whining, the move was inevitable and If I were in  Suarez's shoes, I would do the same.
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2018 02:59:57 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,776 posts | 2432 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7152: Jan 08, 2018 10:57:31 pm
      Be funny as f**k if Luis came back to us and Messi fu**ed off to China leaving Phil there all by himself!
      heimdall

• 7,181 posts | 1357 
      Reply #7153: Jan 09, 2018 01:48:38 pm
      Be funny as f**k if Luis came back to us and Messi fu**ed off to China leaving Phil there all by himself!

Would be even funnier if Catalonia got its independence and FCB was prevented from playing in La Liga or Europe :-)
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,383 posts | 2063 
      Reply #7154: Jan 09, 2018 01:54:31 pm
      Would be even funnier if Catalonia got its independence and FCB was prevented from playing in La Liga or Europe :-)

Messi has a clause allowing him to leave if such a scenario did happen..
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,297 posts | 1738 
      Reply #7155: Jan 09, 2018 02:05:54 pm
      Messi has a clause allowing him to leave if such a scenario did happen..

Fitba is one thing. However.....

Other than George Square for Scottish Independence there’s no where in the world I’d rather be than Placa de Catalunya on the night Catalonian independence is finalised 🤘
      heimdall

• 7,181 posts | 1357 
      Reply #7156: Jan 09, 2018 04:18:03 pm
      Fitba is one thing. However.....

Other than George Square for Scottish Independence there’s no where in the world I’d rather be than Placa de Catalunya on the night Catalonian independence is finalised 🤘

Depends if Spain agree to that independence ;-)
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,383 posts | 2063 
      Reply #7157: Jan 09, 2018 04:39:04 pm
      Depends if Spain agree to that independence ;-)

Or why force a relationship when one party wants out ;)
      heimdall

• 7,181 posts | 1357 
      Reply #7158: Jan 09, 2018 05:06:11 pm

Neither Catalonia or Scotland could survive on their own, I totally understand the romantic notion of independence but it is absurd in both cases. Anyway that's a discussion for another thread I think :-)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,297 posts | 1738 
      Reply #7159: Jan 09, 2018 06:35:43 pm

That’s the thing Shabs - as “the Boss” famously sang......

”It's just nobody knows baby where love goes;
      But when it goes it's gone gone…”

When one party falls out of love.........it’s time to let them go before you’re just a creepy stalker........

Figuratively speaking ;)
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,822 posts | 1359 
      Reply #7160: Mar 22, 2018 04:09:22 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,700 posts | 3373 
      Reply #7161: Jul 02, 2018 01:59:15 pm

Quick Reply