Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

We are Liverpool

Read 7108 times
      gazza31
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      We are Liverpool
      Jan 29, 2011 04:18:35 am
      We are getting back to doing things the Liverpool way, as such don't let the door hit you on the way out Fernando. We are not City we are not United Rooney would of never played for this club again if he did to us what he did to United. If it's true and you have submitted a transfer request F**k you, you no longer get my respect.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Re: We are Liverpool
      Reply #1: Jan 29, 2011 05:54:14 am
      agreed. instead of acknowledging that he's been bad but standing up for him I don't think I can now. he will have to do wonders for us while he still wears the shirt (if ever again) to win the respect back. I wonder what Kenny will say when he next speaks about current morale.. and the team line up..
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #2: Jan 29, 2011 06:14:54 am
      Liverpool fc will go on eternal. F**k the non believers.

WE ARE LIERPOOL   :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #3: Jan 29, 2011 06:32:24 am
      Too right.

We're Liverpool FC not Torres FC.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3718 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4: Jan 29, 2011 07:20:42 am
      Many great players were gone and we stayed on well so give us our amount of money and F**k off.
      yehyehyehred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #5: Jan 29, 2011 08:10:25 am
      Agreed. If he goes he will go back to being just another c**t that plays for someone else. If we're not good enough for him he can F**k off.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #6: Jan 29, 2011 09:16:34 am
      In all honesty, I have no idea how much is posturing from agents. If Torres didn't want the move then he could say but as he has said he doesn't many times before he may say"shy should I'. This gives his camp the scope to make it look like he is blameless and blah blah blah. As you can see the possibilities are endless.

I believe if we keep Torres ....GREAT because I am sure it will be for the right reasons. If we sell him GREAT because it will be for the right reasons. I believe the team matters and I also have faith in the people in charge now and I think they are strong business people who will do the best thing. I believe Kenny is clever and I know for a fact that one player does not make a team, I also wish Torres good luck because he probably deserves to look after himself. I support the team and I am not desperate for results at the expense of everything else.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #7: Jan 29, 2011 09:26:09 am
      I think we'll do better with top 2 quality players then 1 injury prone forward. Would be missed but if we make the right replacements, it could be some good business.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #8: Jan 29, 2011 09:32:37 am
      Yeah all about this. F**k off Fernando if you want to.
      WE'RE LIVERPOOL F.C.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #9: Jan 29, 2011 09:52:55 am
      We are getting back to doing things the Liverpool way, as such don't let the door hit you on the way out Fernando. We are not City we are not United Rooney would of never played for this club again if he did to us what he did to United. If it's true and you have submitted a transfer request f**k you, you no longer get my respect.

Well, since the news about him submitting a transfer request is on the official site, it has to be true.

So ... the question is, were we just part of a stepping stone for him? and was he lying ever since day one?!
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #10: Jan 29, 2011 10:22:52 am
      Until this season i had the upmost respect for Fernando Torres ,he came in in a blaze of glory and scored wonder goal after wonder goal, then the off the field politics affected him more than any other player hence the sulking moody Torres we seen until the last few weeks ,his complaint was he got made false promises and felt let down ,even the £120 grand a week couldnt pacify him god bless ,how did he think every fan felt in the latter stages of the Hicks & Gillette saga .During Roy Hodgsons reign i doubted Torres put even 50% effort in and let him and us yes us who hero worshipped him to the max ,is this the type of player we want at Liverpool definetly not in my eyes and with the money we recoup could take us back to where we were a few years ago ,GET RID
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #11: Jan 29, 2011 10:52:48 am
      No player is bigger than nay club. I, as much as anyone, hope we keep Torres but at the end of teh day, we are LFC and bigger than Torres of Chelski.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #12: Jan 29, 2011 11:41:32 am
      Disgusted, disappoined, angry.

Apparently it's official. Fernando Torres has handed in a transfer request for one reason and one reason only. He wants to play for Chelsea.

Let that sink in for a few seconds, let that implications of this sink in...

It's not so much he doesn't want to play for us (though that is massive), it's that he WANTS to play for Chelsea.

Torres doesn't want to play for Liverpool FC

Torres wants to play for Chelsea FC

'If' this is true, 'if' Torres has asked for this, he's gone. I really cannot see the Liverpool faithful accepting this. I don't want him here. He's sullied, he's now tarnished, he's a blue wannabe.

It wouldn't be so bad if we were going nowhere. But now that Dalglish is here, now we have new owners, now a fresh wind is blowing all the rubbish out of Anfield, now when we need all our personel to stick together, Torres tells us he WANTS to sign and play football for Chelsea F.C. One of our greatest rivals.

At least Ronaldo and Rooney (to a certain extent) had the deceny to choose to play for a non prem foreign team. But Torres?

'If' this is true, Torres makes me sick. Nothing but a careless, heartless mercenary.

And don't say you can't blame him, you can blame him, under these circumstances, and how thigs are panning out, you can. And I do. 'If' this is true, he's done irreversible damage.

'If'.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #13: Jan 29, 2011 11:57:19 am
      I supported Liverpool before Torres and I will support Liverpool after Torres.

Whether he is here in 3 days time or a years time, this club will continue.

No man bigger than our club!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #14: Jan 29, 2011 12:17:24 pm
      Lets give the lad a chance to give his side of the story it all seems a little bit odd in its timing.Why didnt he put a request in on the 1st of Jan when Roy was still here.4 games into Kenny's reign he's looking happier than he has done in ages and now this.Is it significant that he is away in Spain under the influence of his agents etc.
      I will wait and see what happens but something dosent add up for me.
      keegan left and we got Kenny Rush left  and Aldo Beardsley and Barnes cam ein we will move on if he departs but lets give him a chance to explain.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      Reply #15: Jan 29, 2011 12:21:16 pm
      Lets give the lad a chance to give his side of the story it all seems a little bit odd in its timing.Why didnt he put a request in on the 1st of Jan when Roy was still here.4 games into Kenny's reign he's looking happier than he has done in ages and now this.Is it significant that he is away in Spain under the influence of his agents etc.
      keegan left and we got Kenny Rush left  and Aldo Beardsley and Barnes cam ein we will move on if he departs but lets give him a chance to explain.
      Perhaps Chelsea had not made a firm offer around the 1st of January.

We'll know more before long no doubt.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,252 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #16: Jan 29, 2011 12:32:27 pm
      No respect for Torres, he has played all this season sulking, F**k off to the chav's you mercinary b***ard
      Red Wasp
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #17: Jan 29, 2011 12:39:27 pm
      Torres want out by monday .... disgusted really !!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #18: Jan 29, 2011 12:39:54 pm
      No respect for Torres, he has played all this season sulking, f**k off to the chav's you mercinary b***ard
      I am sure that would give him all the encouragement he needs to stay. We havent heard a word from him yet we owe him that much.#His reasoning may be very honest and genuine its hard to see how I admit but this lad isnt Ryan Babel he is the difference between us being a good team and a great one.
      I have always though he is a very genuine kid I hope he isnt about to shatter my illusions of him.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      Reply #19: Jan 29, 2011 01:01:40 pm
      I am sure that would give him all the encouragement he needs to stay. We havent heard a word from him yet we owe him that much.#His reasoning may be very honest and genuine its hard to see how I admit but this lad isnt Ryan Babel he is the difference between us being a good team and a great one.
      I have always though he is a very genuine kid I hope he isnt about to shatter my illusions of him.
      I hope he stays. But what reason would suffice, what reason would reconcile his decision to leave, what reasons would I accept as reasonable for him leaving us to play for Chelsea?

Wife doesn't like Liverpool?
      A bit too convenient and could hide a multitude of selfish reasons. Tells me nothing. See Mascherano.

Wants to win things/champions league football?
      So does everyone at LFC. And we seem to be going in the right direction, so why not stick with us

Promises were broken?
      Broken not just to you, but to everyone. Some of use stick with it though

Feels he is stagnating?
      Again, too convenient for me. Raise your game then

Doesn't get on with Kenny?
      Doubt it.

Can't see a way out unless he admits he made a mistake and does his talking on the pitch
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,252 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #20: Jan 29, 2011 01:08:55 pm
      Let him go to Chelsea .. no doubt he was a boyhood fan two faced c**t
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #21: Jan 29, 2011 01:17:39 pm
      He could srgue that until he put in his request we hadnt signed a single player 4 weeks into the transfer window.
      He could argue that Adam isnt world class and has only played a handful of PL games.He could argue if we are serious about world class players why offer £12 million for one when its clear he is worth much more than Darren Bent.
      By the way we still havent signed anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      We may never know.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      Reply #22: Jan 29, 2011 01:21:46 pm
      He could srgue that until he put in his request we hadnt signed a single player 4 weeks into the transfer window.
      He could argue that Adam isnt world class and has only played a handful of PL games.He could argue if we are serious about world class players why offer £12 million for one when its clear he is worth much more than Darren Bent.
      By the way we still havent signed anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      We may never know.
      You are right.

And then he goes and tells us he wants to leave us and play for Chelsea. And not at season's end.

No matter how you cut it, this stinks.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #23: Jan 29, 2011 01:38:19 pm
      He came to us from Athletico Madrid to win trophies. Unfortunately he hasn't here, and Athletico have without him. Could be the same scenario when he goes to Chelsea- wins nowt and watches Liverpool regain their crown next year. (Don't forget Fernando what happenbed to Owen when he left. He won sod all.

If he doesn't want to play for Liverpool, Liverpool doesn't want him.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #24: Jan 29, 2011 01:54:18 pm
      What a nightmare, absolutely gutted. Another f***in kick in the teeth. Timing couldn't be worse as things have been looking up.

Only three weeks ago he reiterated his commitment. Has started playing a bit too as getting more support.

If he wants to go let him, but for no less than sixty million. I knew that he would leave at some stage but I really can't understand why he'd want to go to a struggling, ageing Chelsea side that have no chance of winning anything and quite possibly won't make the Champions league.

We could never really rely on him anyway, always f***in injured. Still, I'd love him to stay. Hope he's just being a drama Queen and will apologise on Wednesday night against Stoke with a hat-trick.
      I honestly can't see it though. Looks like the damage has already been done and the writing is on the wall.

Anyway, what Shanks built is eternal and can never be undermined by anyone.
      Walk on. Hope he regrets it. 
      Flipmode
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #25: Jan 29, 2011 02:10:48 pm
      No one is bigger than the club!

Don't blame him for wanting to move as we dont know the whole story around his decision.
      Didnt Gerrad want to move to Chelsea as well at one point?

If he moves it has to be on our terms.
      I'll rather sell one player for 50mill and buy 2/3 world class players.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      Reply #26: Jan 29, 2011 02:19:24 pm
      In all seriousness, 'if' Torres leaves for around £45m and we sign this guy

Eden Hazard

I would be a happy man
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #27: Jan 29, 2011 02:23:42 pm
      Whatever the reason he wants to leave, Torres has not only let the Club and the Fans down, but he has done this at the worse possible time which is what angers me.

It's taken a good while to do the Suarez deal and if Torres is sold, we have next to no time to bring in a replacement.

If he had any loyalty to the Club, he could have reqested his transfer on January 1st and allowed us the time to plan around it.

Chelsea are also very clever in making that bid so close to end of the transfer window, with what can only be a laughable amount of money if you consider what Darren Bent fetched.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #28: Jan 29, 2011 02:24:24 pm
      If he does leave for mega buck whoever we buy it will be over the odds I hope the owners understand that.
      Taking the moral high ground in transfers means you dont sign anybody.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #29: Jan 29, 2011 02:49:02 pm
      There's a thread here: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=36055.0 for all discussion on Torres possibly/probably moving on. Talk about that in there please and respect this thread as what it is meant for.

We are LFC. If players don't want to be here, they can do one.

sonicgeeza
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      • Our History Is Untouchable
      Reply #30: Jan 29, 2011 03:00:18 pm

I think this is the way we should approach it. I went through anger too, but there could be a multitude of reasons why he isn't happy and it may have nothing to do with the club. It is likely that he has been badly advised, but being unhappy on your job is commonplace and often irrational. One event could have pushed him over the edge. Could be a simple falling out, could be more serious. Either way, chelsea found out and offer a way out. Or it could be something completely different. Point is we don't know and it is unfair to tar and feather the lad. Family always comes first, even if it isn't his LFC family.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #31: Jan 29, 2011 03:02:46 pm
      No player bigger than the club. For the those younger fans, one of the greatest strikers in the world at the time - a Mr Kevin Keegan - left Liverpool in summer of 1977. (To the extent he won European Player of the Year twice after he left us)

And his replacement ? a player that could have joined as a schoolboy, but didnt, and who became a legend.

I think we all know his name...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #32: Jan 29, 2011 03:08:21 pm
      No player bigger than the club. For the those younger fans, one of the greatest strikers in the world at the time - a Mr Kevin Keegan - left Liverpool in summer of 1977. (To the extent he won European Player of the Year twice after he left us)

And his replacement ? a player that could have joined as a schoolboy, but didnt, and who became a legend.

I think we all know his name...
      Yes but can you name me a modern day Kenny waiting in the wings to come in .Its not losing Torres that bothers me its who we replace him with.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #33: Jan 29, 2011 03:11:38 pm
      Yes but can you name me a modern day Kenny waiting in the wings to come in .Its not losing Torres that bothers me its who we replace him with.

With £50m+, there are plenty of options which, under H&G, would have been off limits

We have Suarez. There is Aguero, Wolfswinkel to name just two. 
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #34: Jan 29, 2011 03:20:13 pm
      We are trying to restructure a squad to restore the best club in the world to glory. If Torres doesn't want to be a part of that, fine go. Enjoy collecting your paycheck from a team built on a large bank balance with zero substance. Upwards on onwards lads.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #35: Jan 29, 2011 04:03:26 pm
      No player bigger than the club. For the those younger fans, one of the greatest strikers in the world at the time - a Mr Kevin Keegan - left Liverpool in summer of 1977.

Flash forward ten years and you could say the same about Ian Rush.

We moved on it's what we do!!
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #36: Jan 29, 2011 05:46:27 pm
      I hope he stays until the summer, signs for "who gives a f*ck"  and gets snapped in half by dagger on his return to play against us. I would have him cleaning the toilets with a toothbrush until he leaves.
      pedro43
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #37: Jan 29, 2011 07:33:27 pm
      Im sorry but there has been no loyalty in the game for years now .This should come as no surprise.Every man has his price Chelsea can pay it and we will move onwards and upwards.What further incentive will our players need to finish above Chelsea.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #38: Jan 29, 2011 10:11:47 pm
      Torres may feel he isn't going to win anythingin the near future with us and Chelsea will win something this year. I don't care. If that's what is important to him ..fine. The problem is Chelsea and the timing. However obviously no one else is in for him and he is making a quick  decision. Refuse the request and make it clear he can go in summer. Hold on we need his goals till then. If he is any sort of person he will do is best until then for the fans.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #39: Jan 29, 2011 10:19:03 pm
      We are Liverpool, we are bigger then you!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,795 posts | 6745 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #40: Jan 29, 2011 10:42:02 pm
      I still love the man just not as much as I did 2 days ago. I'm not gonna call him any names till I see him wearing that Blue shirt, if that even happens.

I hope it's all been a big F**k up on his agents part and he comes out on Monday and tells us how much he loves us and how much he wants to be here and how much he wants to partner Suarez and how much he wants us to win trophies together.

Come on Nando, like the Title says we are Liverpool, you'd never get this reaction from fans if you decided to pack it in at the rent boys.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #41: Jan 29, 2011 10:54:09 pm
      We are Liverpool, we are bigger then you!
      Very true mate,but once again in times of uncertancy,I regret the beginning of the end of our "Spanish" adopted culture.I don't begin to understand his reasons for wanting to join the failing gobshites down the road.With Benitez,we were in a war for survival,and despite what anyone thinks about him,he stuck by the club and it's fans until eventually it cost him his job.Torres departure if it goes ahead can't be blamed on Roy Hodgson,or the NESV board.For me,the player himself and Purslime are culpable for this.Purslime obviously made promises that couldn't be achieved,whilst the 2 gobshites were in control.That was done obviously to protect his own position,in his battle against Rafa.Fernando has to now accept,that if he bails out despite the recent high investment from NESV into the future of the club,with KK in charge.He is basically putting 2 fingers up to the club and fans.The honourable thing to do,would be to wait until the end of the season,and move abroad,as there will be many clubs lining up to take him.For me £60 million and addios chav.
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #42: Jan 31, 2011 10:32:59 am
      It's funny how his form has improved since the start of the transfer window , myself personally I would get shot of him as soon as possible for the best price ie 50m , the disappointing thing about this situation is we all thought the relationship was something very special , turns out it was all one way, good riddance Torres . xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #43: Jan 31, 2011 10:37:07 am
      LIVERPOOL F.C. >  Torres
      len
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #44: Jan 31, 2011 10:39:27 am
      'Pool are saying £50m + Nicolas Anelka?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #45: Jan 31, 2011 10:42:35 am
      'Pool are saying £50m + Nicolas Anelka?
      Wrong thread.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #46: Jan 31, 2011 11:29:30 am
      The lack of Cl football is damaging us for sure. We are lucky to have Kenny now as he is far more a figurehead than Roy and his football is much more attractive.Difficult times but I dont want to write this season off which if today goes wrong we could well do. We could still finish 4th and win the EL what a change around that would be.If all goes well we coul dloose Torres and gain another 3 top players along with Suarez which would be a big improvement on the squad.Fingers and toes crossed for a succesful day it could be a pivotal one in our wonderful history.
      winnie
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      Reply #47: Jan 31, 2011 12:18:14 pm
      We will finish 4th no matter what.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,039 posts | 3352 
      Reply #48: Jan 31, 2011 12:23:04 pm
      We will finish 4th no matter what.

No we won't.

We'll win the League.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #49: Jan 31, 2011 05:32:25 pm
      You don't wait until the last minute to put a transfer request in, that was disrespectful, so F**k Torres!
      LFC forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #50: Jan 31, 2011 06:27:56 pm
      If someone in my business says to me
      "Im thinking of leaving"

Thats one thought too much.

Heres your money, your reference, give us the office keys and Bye Bye.

PS Door doesn't swing two ways. Leave and there never is any coming back.

PPS Torres.
      Message son. You will never know what you have got until its gone.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,039 posts | 3352 
      Reply #51: Jan 31, 2011 10:41:06 pm
      Isn't it just proof that we're still the biggest club around, that even in the middle of one our shittest seasons ever - we're still involved in the biggest stories of the year. Kenny's return and Suarez and Carroll's arrivals.

Quick Reply