Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea)

Read 8581 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea)
      Jan 29, 2011 07:11:49 am

It is understood that the Premier League champions want to offer striker Daniel Sturridge as part of an increased bid (for Torres). A formal offer of £28 million was rejected two days ago and Chelsea have already intimated they will raise that to more than £30 million with Sturridge as a makeweight to take it closer to Liverpool’s expected valuation of £50 million for Torres.

However, Liverpool are highly unlikely to agree to a move and will hope to persuade Torres to stay at least until the summer. The request is the latest in a remarkable season of possible departures by high-profile players, with Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tévez making similar moves.

There was no response from Liverpool on Friday night but the club are expected to release a statement on Saturday.

Liverpool will be angry at the speed of developments and believe that Torres has been unsettled. Chelsea insist they do not want to wait until the end of the season — when Liverpool may be more willing to sell as they will have more time to rebuild.

Talks are believed to have taken place with his representatives earlier this week which led to Chelsea lodging a formal offer, which was promptly rejected. The issue is a first real test for Dalglish since his return to management. He has told Torres and the club’s American owners, Fenway Sports Group, as well as Chelsea’s negotiators, that the player is not for sale.

Liverpool have backed this stance in a statement but there is a sense, from Chelsea, that the £23m signing of Luis Suarez may open the way for the sale to happen if they also offer Sturridge. Liverpool made inquiries about the 21-year-old striker earlier this season and it’s understood that Sturridge wants to leave Chelsea having grown frustrated at his limited opportunities.

Liverpool have completely dismissed this scenario, insisting that they want Suarez to play alongside Torres rather than replace him and given the team’s improvement under Dalglish it is unthinkable that the manager will be undermined now.

Chelsea are certainly acting under some encouragement that their bids will be successful and are not considering any other transfer targets for this window beyond Torres and the ongoing saga of David Luiz’s move from Benfica which also needs to be resolved.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8289561/Liverpool-striker-Fernando-Torres-hands-in-transfer-request-as-Chelsea-prepare-new-bid.html

A lot of chatter about this one.

Personally, if we are to take players from them, I think we should set our sights a bit higher.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea)
      Reply #1: Jan 29, 2011 07:14:40 am
      I don't want any Chelsea player to come here.Just get us the money and F**k off!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2: Jan 29, 2011 07:16:56 am
      Also:

Chelsea will return with an improved £40m offer for Fernando Torres with the Premier League champions hopeful of closing the deal before Monday's deadline after the striker last night confirmed his desire to quit Liverpool by submitting a transfer request.

Carlo Ancelotti, the Chelsea manager, is prepared to add the young striker Daniel Sturridge as a makeweight in the new bid, which will follow the £35m that was rejected by Liverpool yesterday. Chelsea intend to push hard for what would be a stunning coup and have been encouraged both by Torres's actions – although Liverpool have rejected his transfer request – and by his employers agreeing a £22.8m deal with Ajax for Luis Suárez this afternoon.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/28/luis-suarez-liverpool-fernando-torres-chelsea
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #3: Jan 29, 2011 07:29:22 am
      You wanna take Torres from us? 60m + Drogna minumum you sack of shits.
      Raige
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #4: Jan 29, 2011 07:29:31 am
      Sturridge as a makeweight, I wouldn't even consider that. He is nowhere close to the quality we KK will be looking to get in.

Chelski can suck my balls
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #5: Jan 29, 2011 09:34:46 am
      F**k him not good enough for the club, Chelsea just trying to off load them on us, he has being F***ing sh*te for them.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #6: Jan 29, 2011 09:36:09 am
      NOOO WAYYYY!!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #7: Jan 29, 2011 09:40:59 am
      Be serious, Roman!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8: Jan 29, 2011 09:49:19 am
      Wouldn't take any of there F***ing players, think I hate them more than Utd now. F***ing scum when are they changing there name to Abramovoich FC. A F***ing ridiculous club with no history and no fans. Good choice Fernando.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,657 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: Jan 29, 2011 10:19:44 am
      If we were going down the road of player swaps. . . Deal with Man City and take Johnson. We sell on our terms
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #10: Jan 29, 2011 10:33:30 am
      Wouldn't take any of there F***ing players, think I hate them more than Utd now. F***ing scum when are they changing there name to Abramovoich FC. A F***ing ridiculous club with no history and no fans. Good choice Fernando.

You really wear your heart on your sleeve corbally, fair play to you.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #11: Jan 29, 2011 11:25:56 am
      Was thinking £40m plus Essien but then thought would I F**k want a Chelsea player here.

As for Sturridge, has decent potential but no thanks.
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #12: Jan 29, 2011 11:28:15 am
      I'd rather have an extra £5 million on the end of the fee than Daniel Sturridge. Don't need anymore young-ish strikers keeping our Dani out of the picture.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #13: Jan 29, 2011 11:35:21 am
      Only Essien I would want from them.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #14: Jan 29, 2011 11:37:56 am
      I don't want any chelsea player. There best players are over 30 and on very expensive long term contracts. Essien is the only 1 I would think twice about.
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15: Jan 29, 2011 11:42:34 am
      Wouldn't take any of there f**king players, think I hate them more than Utd now. F***ing scum when are they changing there name to Abramovoich FC. A f**king ridiculous club with no history and no fans. Good choice Fernando.

Fully agree mate. Hate clubs that try to buy success, they really are scum.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #16: Jan 29, 2011 12:03:09 pm
      Joe Cole was a Chelsea player, you lot were happy then. And he was not even a 1st team player.

I'd have Fat Frank, we could do with some luck in front of goal.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #17: Jan 29, 2011 12:39:36 pm
      That is red because he choose us over them, I don't want one of there players fu**ed into a deal as a make weight. Cole turned down Chelsea contract offer because he wanted to play for a real club.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #18: Jan 29, 2011 01:22:13 pm
      Give us Essien or Malouda in return.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #19: Jan 29, 2011 05:09:19 pm
      Daniel Sturridge?? What the F**k? The only reason he would be worth more than Ngog is because he's English! To be honest I'd rather Ngog! Its an insult to think that would be any kind of makeweight in the torres deal!!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #20: Jan 29, 2011 05:37:58 pm
      I would take 30 million and Malouda. That way we would have a solution on the left and can buy a very good striker to partner Suarez.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #21: Jan 29, 2011 05:42:24 pm
      Don't want any Chelsea players. They have no class and think their money make their club on par with Europe's elite.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #22: Jan 29, 2011 05:46:45 pm
      I don't want any chelsea player. There best players are over 30 and on very expensive long term contracts. Essien is the only 1 I would think twice about.
      Malouda? we havent had a decent winger in ages
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #23: Jan 29, 2011 06:38:22 pm
      they have some good prospects, id take the likes of a McEachran
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #24: Jan 29, 2011 07:04:18 pm
      F**k Sturridge, he's sh*te.

Straight up cash for me, or 45mill + Malouda, who I would put around the 18mill mark.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #25: Jan 29, 2011 07:24:56 pm
      Can go f**k themselves!!!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #26: Jan 29, 2011 07:25:23 pm
      Don't want any players from chelsea...they are all tarnished by that soulless institution...that goes for getting rid of cole also. So pissed off.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #27: Jan 29, 2011 08:34:37 pm
      Malouda's getting on though isn't he?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #28: Jan 29, 2011 08:50:14 pm
      That is red because he choose us over them, I don't want one of there players fu**ed into a deal as a make weight. Cole turned down Chelsea contract offer because he wanted to play for a real club.
      /quote]totally agree mate cole is getting to much stick for no good reason.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #29: Jan 29, 2011 09:19:15 pm
      60million + Fat Frank for me, scare the fuckers right off.

He might be fat but he's continually involved in everything they do be it setting them up, scoring form the penalty spot or getting in positions where he scores himself. I'd take him but I want 60 million pounds as well.

By the way, go F**k yourself Abramovich.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #30: Jan 29, 2011 11:32:03 pm
      Don't want Sturridge at the club full stop, NESV have signalled the clubs intent with the signing of Suarez. No more second rate players.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #31: Jan 29, 2011 11:34:51 pm
      Who the f*ck is Sturridge,we've got better in our Academy.In the words of Roy "Chubby" Brown,F**k off.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #32: Jan 29, 2011 11:47:13 pm
      Just who the fck are they to think we want a bit part player in exchange they must think we are smoking sh*t on a funny hill to accept that fck off and stick it where the sun dont shine
      lfcpgtfan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      • SEPT Calicut
      Reply #33: Jan 30, 2011 06:13:26 am
      I am increasingly annoyed by the ex-Chelski player presence in our team and our increased love with doing transfer with them.
      We sold Benayoun to them and got Joe Cole(though as free agent).
      All the players Chelsea sold are either past prime/average/good for nothing except exceptions like Robben.
      I want all cash we dont need Sturridge who has once changed his club only for $$.

"If you want Torres give us $$ not c$ap".
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #34: Jan 30, 2011 07:31:37 am
      I would take 30 million and Malouda. That way we would have a solution on the left and can buy a very good striker to partner Suarez.

Malouda is 30. No chance. 45M and Malouda perhaps.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35: Jan 30, 2011 07:48:22 am
      40m + Branislav Ivanovic or Jon Obi Mikel.

Or both. Actually fixes some problems in the squad and we get good cash.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #36: Jan 30, 2011 08:13:38 am
      40m + Branislav Ivanovic or Jon Obi Mikel.

Or both. Actually fixes some problems in the squad and we get good cash.

Not a big fan of either tbh, Ivanovic has been poor IMO this season, Mikel doesn't seem to have fulfilled his potential.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37: Jan 30, 2011 08:42:27 am
      Both good players though and even good players look poor in a side short of confidence. I'd have Ivanovic in a heartbeat over Glen.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #38: Jan 30, 2011 05:51:34 pm
      Johnson is better than Ivanovic, right back is far from a priority and I'm pretty sure Chelsea fans would be happy to see Mikel included in the transfer. £60 million cash for me I do not want any of there players forced on us.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #39: Jan 30, 2011 06:05:19 pm
      Johnson is better than Ivanovic, right back is far from a priority and I'm pretty sure Chelsea fans would be happy to see Mikel included in the transfer. £60 million cash for me I do not want any of there players forced on us.
      Ditto
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #40: Jan 31, 2011 09:10:19 pm
      Off to Bolton on Loan

Locked.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #41: Jun 14, 2011 02:44:58 pm
      Bolton Wanderers priced out of chase for Liverpool target Sturridge

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/bolton-wanderers-fc/129697-bolton-wanderers-priced-out-of-chase-for-liverpool-target-sturridge.html

According to reports Chelsea have valued Daniel Sturridge at £20 million.

The asking price rules out Bolton Wanderers, the club where Sturridge excelled on loan during the second half of last season.

The People claims Wanderers have asked about both a loan and permanent deal for Sturridge and the latter is now certainly out of the question.

Liverpool and Tottenham are both understood to be interested, along with manager-less Aston Villa, but the asking price may well deter all three clubs.

Chelsea have watched fellow England youngsters Jordan Henderson Phil Jones make big-money moves in the last week and the Blues rate Sturridge just as highly.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #42: Jun 14, 2011 02:55:24 pm
      Surprised they'll be interested in selling him, considering his ratio compared to certain other members of their strike force :f_tongueincheek:
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #43: Jun 14, 2011 03:04:36 pm
      20 million!?!?!?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #44: Jun 14, 2011 05:33:34 pm
      Cant see this. Perhaps for Spurs, but i guess being english and young the press have decided we want him...

Perhaps as a make weigt for Torres this summer - but now with Suarez and Carrol, and 20Million. No chance. Would rather have Wickham or promote Pancheco...
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #45: Jun 14, 2011 05:34:27 pm
       In fairness this lad is a good bit better than I and most others gave him crdit for. I think at the time we were first offloading Torres there was talk of 40 mill plus Sturridge, and that would have been a good deal I reckon. It may also have helped us negotiate a cheaper price for Carroll too.

As it is now though, I can't see how we can pay 20 mill for a kid to stick on the bench, I just don't think we can afford it. He's probably not worth it anyway in truth.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #46: Jun 14, 2011 05:38:14 pm
      Like we can complain about the price being too expensive after what we asked from Chelsea :lmao:

If I were Abramovich, I'd be setting the price even higher just to spite the bas**rds that took £50m from me, then again I'd probably do all sorts of other crazy things like letting my manager make his own signings.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #47: Jun 14, 2011 05:39:41 pm
      He will want to play more than what I want to see us offer him so no

oh plus hes blue scum
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #48: Jun 14, 2011 05:40:16 pm
      Like we can complain about the price being too expensive after what we asked from Chelsea :lmao:

If I were Abramovich, I'd be setting the price even higher just to spite the bas**rds that took £50m from me, then again I'd probably do all sorts of other crazy things like letting my manager make his own signings.

I know it's a bit cheeky mate but I'm just thinking back. Mind you if we'd done the deal at 40 mill plus Sturridge counted as 10, we'd have been up in court for daylight robbery. As it is we took the piss even at what we did get.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #49: Jun 14, 2011 05:45:14 pm

I know it's a bit cheeky mate but I'm just thinking back. Mind you if we'd done the deal at 40 mill plus Sturridge counted as 10, we'd have been up in court for daylight robbery. As it is we took the piss even at what we did get.

I'd prefer less cash + player rather than larger amount of money.  Newcastle knew full well we had £50m in the kitty, they might have let Carroll go for £25m or £30m if they knew we only got £40m cash from the sale.

Did we not accept a deal involving Sturridge but he rejected us or was that another player I'm thinking of.  No question we got the better deal, any which way you want to spin it - if it was £40m + Sturridge or £50m straight cash, we won.

Didn't Sturridge only really hit the ground running after that deal was completed though?  He left for Bolton last day of the window, didn't he?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #50: Jun 14, 2011 05:48:48 pm
      Didn't Sturridge only really hit the ground running after that deal was completed though?  He left for Bolton last day of the window, didn't he?

Yes there was only really Owen Coyle who was madly keen on him, most of the Chelsea fans were underwhelmed by what they'd seen. Once he got there though he did really well and looked like a good player.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #51: Jun 14, 2011 06:02:34 pm
      Yes there was only really Owen Coyle who was madly keen on him, most of the Chelsea fans were underwhelmed by what they'd seen. Once he got there though he did really well and looked like a good player.

I actually think N'Gog could have been similar but we were in an unfortunate position at the time because he had 18 months left on his contract and a bit of a striker shortage.

I can't help but shake the feeling that Sturridge's form has been a little bit reactionary to the whole Torres transfer saga.  I reckon, next year will be his defining year and we'll get a clear picture of where he stands either at Chelsea or wherever he ends up.  If he keeps that sort of form going, we would have obviously missed the boat.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #52: Jun 14, 2011 06:04:36 pm
      We should've told Chelsea £45million and Daniel Sturridge for the the Iberian Prancer. I bet they would've agreed to it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #53: Jun 14, 2011 06:06:50 pm
      £20 million is at  least twice the value this lad should have on him but then the big factor he is English
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #54: Jun 14, 2011 06:07:52 pm
      Well i dont think anyone can knock the lads form since bolton took him on loan,he seems to have blossomed with owen coyles guidance,and some of that big time charlie attitude seems to have gone aswell.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #55: Jun 14, 2011 06:15:21 pm
      I'm pretty sure Chelsea offered us Sturridge as a part exchange but for whatever reason it was rejected (I don't know if Sturridge rejected us or if we rejected the chance to sign him - IIRC, he was on quite substantial wages for a player effectively similar to what N'Gog was for us and his wages were astronomically higher, guessing we probably didn't want any part of that - £60k a week maybe?).

edit: Credit to the lad for doing what he's done at Bolton, will be an interesting year for him next year.  We'll surely get a clearer picture if we missed the boat or not.  The more I think about it, I not convinced we did miss the boat but time will tell.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #56: Jun 14, 2011 06:19:22 pm
      in hindsight it looks like we dropped the ball on Sturridge. Who knows the genuine numbers but i'm pretty sure most reports had him potentially involved in the Torres deal for around the £5 million mark. I very much doubt we'll be back in for the lad now that his value has apparently quadrupled! Having said that, I reckon he'll still struggle to get a regular game at Chelsea and i wouldn't be surprised to see him sold to someone like Villa for £10-12 mill come the start of the season.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #57: Jun 14, 2011 06:20:45 pm
      Personally, he's massively overated, don't see him making it for a champions league club
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #58: Jun 14, 2011 06:30:30 pm
      Personally, he's massively overated, don't see him making it for a champions league club

he's young, he's English and he's just had half a decent season, course he's overated!!!
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #59: Jun 14, 2011 06:32:57 pm

Yeah that's why he succeeded with Bolton.

He has talent but I would rather have Wickham tbh.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #60: Jun 14, 2011 06:33:14 pm
      Rather Wickham at 10 million

Oh and Tottenham  :lmao:
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #61: Jun 14, 2011 07:35:58 pm
      Its a shame he is stuck at Chelsea, I think he could be quite a good player. It is hard to tell if he could cut it at a big club but he did extremely well at Bolton in the second half of the season with them.

Quick Reply