Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 6th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W8 D1 L6

Where have all the good men gone??

Read 8117 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,288 posts | 4938 
      Re: Where have all the good men gone??
      Reply #23: Jan 29, 2011 10:54:42 pm
      I grew up living and breathing football but as time goes by I am begining to hate everything about it ,mercenary players on mega wages calling the shots with not an ounce of loyalty ,the only loyal people in this game are the fans who get screwed week after week for their hard earned money only to read about the likes Pennant who can leave an 80 grand car and forget where he left it for 6 months .

Excellent post and one I fully agree with.

There are many players who will be commited to the club while they are here but we should be under no illusions that they will not want to leave at the drop of a hat if a better offer comes in.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #24: Jan 29, 2011 11:06:17 pm
      His armband said he was a red Torres Torres
      But Roman came and turned his head Torres Torres
      Went to the club that gives out flags
      and where the captain shags the wags
      Fernando Torres Keep an eye on your bird!!
      As usual,top quality,but to answer the question,they are still here,they are the fans.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #25: Jan 30, 2011 12:44:22 am
      just been on twitter and found this piece on the Torres fiasco thought it could with an air.

http://fortheloveoffootball.net/2011/01/29/fernando-torres-timing-is-everything/

leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #26: Jan 30, 2011 12:50:41 am
      just been on twitter and found this piece on the Torres fiasco thought it could with an air.

http://fortheloveoffootball.net/2011/01/29/fernando-torres-timing-is-everything/

Sums up how i feel anyway why would he throw away our love for him just like it was nothing.. really disappointed about this like other posters it has made me question football today and if its still the same game i fell in love with
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,303 posts | 2846 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27: Jan 30, 2011 01:21:13 am
      Sad isnt it

I was lucky to be sat in the anny road abou 3 years ago against Spurs. Ms Piasley was brought out at half time. She made a speech God to see 45000 people includingthe away end take in every word without a sound to interupt (no matter what anyone me included, thinks about Spurs and there crowd that day they were quaity).

Anyway Ms Paisly told a story of basically how her legend husband would travel to the game, as a player, on the bus! With other players of the day. Fooking greatest of great me in our club, actually in any walk of life he'd be a great man. Simple story like that makes a right wan*er out of modern day players. Fookin hundered plus grand a week but they get the hump if they arent winning things of certain importance or in a certain position in the table? ha ha sad times.

God bless real men. Men who made this club what it is. 
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #28: Jan 30, 2011 02:48:00 am
      Would expect a girl who just got cheated on to open a thread with a title like this one. :laugh:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #29: Jan 30, 2011 03:03:17 am
      @title;
      I'm right here

@actual subject;
      We STILL have Torres. Nobody is sure what's going on, I doubt even the man himself is (Dalglish).

We have Reina - he represents Liverpool, he should be scouse. Gerrard? Eh... not so much. Carra? No questioning his commitment, he's Liverpool through and through.
      danwarb
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #30: Jan 30, 2011 03:13:55 am
      The good men are the ones who aren't quite good enough to attract the big offers?

Gerrard stayed in the end, when he could've had more money and certain success elsewhere. A good one IMO. Chelsea were a much better prospect then than now.
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2011 03:29:05 am by danwarb »
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #31: Jan 30, 2011 08:55:55 am
      His armband said he was a red Torres Torres
      But Roman came and turned his head Torres Torres
      Went to the club that gives out flags
      and where the captain shags the wags
      Fernando Torres Keep an eye on your bird!!
      BRILLIANT,put a grin on my face that has.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #32: Jan 30, 2011 11:10:52 am
      Agree in total with the thread. How can you trust any of them anymore. Torres talked a good game about committment to Liverpool and now look. What a w**ker. What a kick in the teeth to everyone. Paid an extra ten quid to have that cu*ts name on the back of my sons shirt. Might aswell have drawn a cock and ballbag.
      I don't ever want to see Torres in a Liverpool jersey again, F**k em.
      Torres never helped us win anything. Tell him to get the F**k outta Dodge and bring in someone who wants to fight for the jersey.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #33: Jan 30, 2011 11:33:27 am
      Well never trust a foreigner, that's what older people say... F**k him. For that money we could still get a great striker!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #34: Jan 30, 2011 11:49:25 am
      Well never trust a foreigner, that's what older people say... F**k him. For that money we could still get a great striker!

For someone who is a foreigner lfcbosnia I find that remark amazing.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #35: Jan 30, 2011 11:53:26 am
      For someone who is a foreigner lfcbosnia I find that remark amazing.

Thank's
      For me Gerrard was allways the most improtant player in Liverpool. We will get another striker for sure! I know this is a loss but everything is getting better. Just hope our owners are not like the previous ones.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #36: Jan 30, 2011 11:58:30 am
      Thank's
      For me Gerrard was allways the most improtant player in Liverpool. We will get another striker for sure! I know this is a loss but everything is getting better. Just hope our owners are not like the previous ones.

No,you are a foreigner and you said never trust foreifgners,thats what amazed me,actually it was a daft statement.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #37: Jan 30, 2011 12:05:49 pm
      No,you are a foreigner and you said never trust foreifgners,thats what amazed me,actually it was a daft statement.

So what you are saying is i'm not welcome here. Ok, go and cry about Toress leaving...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #38: Jan 30, 2011 12:12:01 pm
      So what you are saying is I'm not welcome here. Ok, go and cry about Toress leaving...

No you are very welcome here,but i was amazed a foreigner telling us not to trust foreigners thats all,im not crying torres is leaving thats part of the circle of life,we move on.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #39: Jan 30, 2011 12:28:32 pm
      No you are very welcome here,but I was amazed a foreigner telling us not to trust foreigners thats all,im not crying torres is leaving thats part of the circle of life,we move on.

Sorry, i must have wrong interpreted daft statement. I think only the local players will be faithfull to the club. That's why I'm not too amased by Torres leaving.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #40: Jan 30, 2011 12:29:14 pm
      Alonso, Mascherano and now Torres...
      Red Wasp
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #41: Jan 30, 2011 12:55:23 pm
      Torres has arrived back at the club this morning.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5012 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #42: Jan 30, 2011 01:42:58 pm
      Alonso was 29yrs old when Real Madrid came calling, he (Alonso) had the chance of playing for one of the biggest clubs in world football, LFC got around £30m for a player @ almost 30yrs old, although one of our best players it was good business, except that the money went to reduce the debt rather than to Rafa for new player(s), Masherano got greedy and went to a club that could offer CL football and to be fair play for a better team, Torres is still our player and until we know for sure he has actually left will remain so, no one is certain what has happened over the last 3 days, it could still be all bollocks and stirred up by twittertwats.

To get back on topic;

All the god men went when the money men were given licence to throw their weight around, gone are the days where A club could rely on loyal players that honour contracts and build a rappore with the clubs fans, there are some loyal players out there but are becoming increasingly rare, we have Carra, Gerrard, Mancs have Giggs, Scholes, Chavs, Terry and fat Frank, most seem to be home grown and certainly British based players, so i suppose the question should be how long will Johnny foriegner be at a certain club, i believe any contract a overseas player has with a club should be maximised at 2yrs(seasons) everyone then knows where they stand and a player has to homour that contract as does the club.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #43: Jan 30, 2011 02:07:00 pm
      Gerrard, Carragher, Kelly
      I believe they are good men. Torres is just a player you bought and will later sell, but not to an EPL rival at least..
      Glad to see him go for £50m immediately. Abramovic is a real idiot it seems.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #44: Jan 30, 2011 02:10:08 pm

McManaman, Owen..
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #45: Jan 30, 2011 02:11:46 pm
      LFCBosnia, you're damn right! ''Only the local will be faithful''. Common sense, isn't it?

Quick Reply