Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

A way of getting the name off the shirt

Read 55114 times
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 994 posts | 68 
      A way of getting the name off the shirt
      Feb 01, 2011 08:38:22 pm
      Just though i would post this for people who might want to spend a bit of time getting rid of the name of a guy that used to play for us off the back of the shirt.
      My missus has found a way but it does take some time and there is a little bit of a shadow of the lettering but i will be trying to get Carroll leaving the number 9 put over the top so it should be ok.
      The way we did it was to use a hair dryer and stretch the shirt while heating it up and scraping with the end of a pair of tweezers.
      It needs to be hot and put a towel under the inside of the shirt and across your knee while scraping away bit by bit.
      Worth a go if you are like me and not long bought a new shirt.
      But you do need patience and you need to get it hot.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: A way of getting the name off the shirt
      Reply #1: Feb 01, 2011 08:41:04 pm
      Why not just leave TORRES on the shirt, but add the words " IS A WHORE "  ;D
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #2: Feb 01, 2011 08:42:19 pm
      Yea this is the way I've done it but with a normal butter knife. Fine if you're going to get other letters put over the top. Although not even sure any other way is going to be any better.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #3: Feb 01, 2011 08:44:44 pm
      Why not just leave TORRES on the shirt, but add the words " IS A WHORE "  ;D
      :lmao:
      I just thought that the African charity shirt appeal might be overoloaded.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #4: Feb 01, 2011 08:47:19 pm
      If I do it, can you buy just letters to put on the jersey?
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #5: Feb 01, 2011 08:49:31 pm
      If I do it, can you buy just letters to put on the jersey?
      Going to see if JJB will do it tomorrow
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #6: Feb 01, 2011 08:50:57 pm
      My sister-in-law looked it up, and apparently if you put a wet cloth over the top of the letters & iron over it- then it comes off.

Havent tried anything yet though.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #7: Feb 01, 2011 08:53:07 pm
      My sister-in-law looked it up, and apparently if you put a wet cloth over the top of the letters & iron over it- then it comes off.

let us know of it works, I haven't got the patience to do the other methods!! :D

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #8: Feb 01, 2011 08:59:53 pm
      Burn it I say. Cold out isn't it. :)

Joke by the way.

Cringed seeing that last night.
      Red Uruk-hai
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #9: Feb 01, 2011 09:38:01 pm
      Send torres the bill for a new shirt.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #10: Feb 01, 2011 10:03:16 pm

That is correct. I purchased Premier League arm patches for my old Liverpool tops a while ago. To put them on you put a towel inside the top where you want to place the letters, then you put a damp tea towel over the letter and steam the letter or badge until the adhesive melts.

The removal process should be the same, you are steaming the adhesive so you can peel it off.

The only problem i can foresee is the that Torres has 2 letters either side of the R's - TO - RR - ES.

Where as Carroll has 2 letters on the left and three on the right = CA - RR - OLL.

This would make the player's name look off centre if i'm right?.
      karlp606
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #11: Feb 01, 2011 10:41:09 pm
      Going to see if JJB will do it tomorrow

Are jjb cheapest? Does anyone else just put numbers letters on?
      Aspi
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #12: Feb 01, 2011 11:02:24 pm
      Heat the letters up pal and they come off quite easily.  start from the bottom left corner when taking them off as thats usually the bit that hits the shirt last
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #13: Feb 02, 2011 01:43:33 am
      can you still see shadows what used to be stood there. cuz then id just buy a new shirt.
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #14: Feb 02, 2011 02:45:59 am
      Just though I would post this for people who might want to spend a bit of time getting rid of the name of a guy that used to play for us off the back of the shirt.
      My missus has found a way but it does take some time and there is a little bit of a shadow of the lettering but I will be trying to get Carroll leaving the number 9 put over the top so it should be ok.
      The way we did it was to use a hair dryer and stretch the shirt while heating it up and scraping with the end of a pair of tweezers.
      It needs to be hot and put a towel under the inside of the shirt and across your knee while scraping away bit by bit.
      Worth a go if you are like me and not long bought a new shirt.
      But you do need patience and you need to get it hot.
      are you having a laugh mate your all thats wrong with football in its present form!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #15: Feb 02, 2011 02:49:00 am
      are you having a laugh mate your all thats wrong with football in its present form!!

Why what is wrong with it? Please do explain what is wrong with wanting to remove a name of a player who has fu**ed us over? Go ahead, i can't wait to hear your explanation.
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #16: Feb 02, 2011 02:56:25 am
      Why what is wrong with it? Please do explain what is wrong with wanting to remove a name of a player who has fu**ed us over? Go ahead, I can't wait to hear your explanation.
      you cant wait hey? F**k me mate how old are you ten years old are you past the point of realising that football is a mercenaries game anymore? As for my explanation Big YNWA if your trying to remove a players name that has fu**ed us over? Are you going to stand in the kitchen peeling his name off the shirt with a hairdryer and slap carrolls on like a t**t it just about sums it up mate are you going to run round the park in your new shirt with the kids? Oh and by the way can i ask how old you are?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #17: Feb 02, 2011 03:08:43 am
      you cant wait hey? F**k me mate how old are you ten years old are you past the point of realising that football is a mercenaries game anymore? As for my explanation Big YNWA if your trying to remove a players name that has fu**ed us over? Are you going to stand in the kitchen peeling his name off the shirt with a hairdryer and slap carrolls on like a t**t it just about sums it up mate are you going to run round the park in your new shirt with the kids? Oh and by the way can I ask how old you are?

I'm 23 years old so stop being a condescending pr**k. I haven't tried removing the name, but i understand those who might want to. And if they wanna get another player, good for them. Don't be such an arsehole because you think you're above it.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #18: Feb 02, 2011 03:09:41 am
      you cant wait hey? F**k me mate how old are you ten years old are you past the point of realising that football is a mercenaries game anymore? As for my explanation Big YNWA if your trying to remove a players name that has fu**ed us over? Are you going to stand in the kitchen peeling his name off the shirt with a hairdryer and slap carrolls on like a t**t it just about sums it up mate are you going to run round the park in your new shirt with the kids? Oh and by the way can I ask how old you are?

I still can't see your reasoning for hating the creativity on what to do with an old Torres jersey.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #19: Feb 02, 2011 03:21:35 am
      Im still looking for a method of removing since Keane left...
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #20: Feb 02, 2011 03:31:27 am
      I still can't see your reasoning for hating the creativity on what to do with an old Torres jersey.
      Make a Carroll doll mate footballs gone F*****g mental
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #21: Feb 02, 2011 03:36:43 am

If you don't like it, then leave. No ones forcing you to be a fan.
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #22: Feb 02, 2011 03:39:25 am
      Get down the park in your new shirt mate
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #23: Feb 02, 2011 03:41:58 am
      I haven't got a clue? Please.

Calm it. All i was trying to say was that just because others like to get a shirt with a name on it, no reason for you to be such an arse about it. Or are you gonna be a w**ker to me cos i got Dalglish on my last shirt?

You shouldn't be here if you're gonna be like this. Your choice. I'm out though, don't wanna drag the thread down with any more of your drivel.
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #24: Feb 02, 2011 03:43:02 am
      If you don't like it, then leave. No ones forcing you to be a fan.
      Nobody is bigYNW,im a red through and through all im saying is this topic is everything thats wrong with football and if you cant see it then theres something wrong
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #25: Feb 02, 2011 03:44:34 am
      Nobody is bigYNW,im a red through and through all im saying is this topic is everything thats wrong with football and if you cant see it then theres something wrong

If you think names on shirts is everything thats wrong with football, then there's something wrong.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #26: Feb 02, 2011 03:44:39 am

yes because taking a name off the back of a shirt is the worst possible thing in football today :roll:

welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #27: Feb 02, 2011 03:45:00 am
      fair comment enough said!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #28: Feb 02, 2011 03:46:00 am

Never been the same since they scrapped the maximum wage in 1961.
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #29: Feb 02, 2011 03:48:56 am
      yes because taking a name off the back of a shirt is the worst possible thing in football today :roll:

mmmm original comment summed up

welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #30: Feb 02, 2011 03:49:47 am
      Never been the same since they scrapped the maximum wage in 1961.
      Cheers Rodenberry....over and out:-)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #31: Feb 02, 2011 03:51:51 am
      was posted 5 seconds before mine. Don't think I would have seen it really!

Anyways, back on topic. Has anyone tried the WD40 method?
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #32: Feb 02, 2011 04:34:02 am
      Just support NESV getting Aguero + Hazard + Sanchez + Banega + Carlton Cole + Beattie by buying a new shirt.

No, honestly.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #33: Feb 02, 2011 10:10:01 am
      Does the wet cloth and iron technique work?
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #34: Feb 02, 2011 10:52:47 am
      you cant wait hey? F**k me mate how old are you ten years old are you past the point of realising that football is a mercenaries game anymore? As for my explanation Big YNWA if your trying to remove a players name that has fu**ed us over? Are you going to stand in the kitchen peeling his name off the shirt with a hairdryer and slap carrolls on like a t**t it just about sums it up mate are you going to run round the park in your new shirt with the kids? Oh and by the way can i ask how old you are?

You're overreacting in your posts Welshy777, a lot of people will have got Torres on the new home shirt, so why should they have to stick with his name on their back for 18 months, when he's no longer a Liverpool player?

Apologies for going off topic mods
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #35: Feb 02, 2011 11:30:27 am
      Welshy7777 what do you propose people do? Go around with a player on the back of their shirt that is banging in the goals for Chelsea?
      Your right this is everything that's wrong with football. To protest I think I'll go get Drogba printed on mine! :roll:
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #36: Feb 02, 2011 11:33:46 am
      Just thought I'd mention if anyone does not want to hang on to any old shirts then in the next two weeks Decathlon are putting out bins for shirts to send to africa.  You can also post them to:

Afrikit,
      18 Parkers Road
      Sheffield
      South Yorkshire
      S10 1BN

Just thought I'd put the option out there. Cheers.

Saw this in the other thread, thought it is an option for some
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #37: Feb 02, 2011 11:42:42 am
      Saw this in the other thread, thought it is an option for some

I read about that yesterday - great idea. Apparently, the Liverpool "Torres 9" shirt was the biggest selling in the world last year. Wonder how much we're missing out on merchandising and what his cut was the greedy little spaniard!?
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #38: Feb 02, 2011 11:44:07 am
      I have the prem badges on mine and they've wore out big style from being in the wash! Just hoping I can get the dark adhesive stains out aswell!
      MickyMetal
      • Banned
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #39: Feb 02, 2011 01:18:19 pm
      Do yourselves all a favour and ditch the shirt with that judas's name on - whatever you do to it, it is forever tarnished - it's like lady macbeth washing and washing her blood-covered hands after killing her friend Duncan to make her husband next in line to the throne, all the blood was washed off but she can't bear the thought that she killed her friend who is gone forever so she still sees blood on her hands for months after...no amount of washing will remove the blood and betrayal she sees in her mind...
       Nothing you can do to the shirt will ever cleanse the shirt of that Judas.
      Also, can you imagine the embarassment of the shadows of his name remianing on the shirt and you're filmed on Match of The Day with his name in shadows on your shirt, I wouldn't be able to live the embarrasment down if that happened to me...

Bin the shirt - don't give it to charity for some poor African kid to parade around that Judas's name on our shirt.  Those shirts have been tarnished - don't burn it - that would be disrespectful to the crest,  just give it a little ceremony in your head and lay it to rest peacefully...
      Buy another shirt!
      « Last Edit: Feb 02, 2011 01:31:21 pm by MickyMetal »
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #40: Feb 02, 2011 04:19:15 pm
      ?????? what a tw*t
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #41: Feb 02, 2011 04:38:54 pm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #42: Feb 02, 2011 04:42:57 pm
      Hey a lot of bitching going on ,but hey wth fck we have only been turned on by someone we fell in love with ,in a  football sense i mean , well my nephew is devastated  and the sooner i find a way of getting cunty,s name off his new shirt and a new fcker on there the better he and i will feel , i dont wish him harm  or ills but he is still a c**t just for the way he went about it ,thats what hurts ,and thats why people dont want his name on the back simple as that really.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #43: Feb 02, 2011 04:54:56 pm
      Listen mate, your new on here so get one thing straight.  This topic is to discuss how people might want to remove a name from a shirt.  It is not a free for all where we start critisicing people or the topic.  if you have nothing to offer in terms of help with regard to the topic subject then do us all a favour and go elsewhwere.

Thanks to all for the advice on removing a name.  I don't have a new shirt or any shirt with a name on but my 7 year old does and he doesn't want to wear it anymore, so i will try and remove it and have his own name put on instead.
      Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      • He who laughs last didn't get it.
      Reply #44: Feb 02, 2011 05:02:59 pm

Hahaha brilliant.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #45: Feb 02, 2011 05:09:01 pm
      How to Remove an Iron-on Transfer From Clothes

Perhaps you have a T-shirt or sweatshirt that has an iron-on number on it. Suppose that number has changed and you now need to change that number. You can remove an iron-on transfer from clothes using the paper, peel-off or direct method.
      Difficulty: Moderately Easy

Instructions

Things You'll Need:

* Piece of paper or piece of thin cardboard
          * T-shirt with iron-on transfer
          * Ironing board
          * Iron
          * Lint brush

Iron-on-Paper Method

Lay a blank piece of paper on an ironing board. The paper should be large enough to cover the iron-on transfer.

Lay the piece of clothing on the paper. The iron-on transfer should be face-down on the paper.

Iron the back of the article. This may take up to five minutes.

Check to see if the transfer is now on the paper.

Peel-Off Method

Cover the iron-on transfer with a piece of a paper and reverse the material.

Iron the back of the shirt (assuming the transfer is on the chest) for about 90 seconds or until you are sure that the transfer is extremely hot.

Reverse the shirt and peel off the paper. The transfer should peel off with it.

Direct Method

Wet the iron-on transfer and area around the transfer.

Iron directly on the iron-on transfer in circular motions with no paper between. The transfer will begin to melt into little balls.

Use a lint brush to pick up the balls of the transfer.

Tips & Warnings

You may need to run the article of clothing through the wash once or twice to remove any excess glue.
            A thin piece of cardboard can work in place of a piece of paper.
            An iron with a Teflon coating works best, but any iron will do.
            The iron must be extremely hot. The highest setting is recommended for removing an iron-on transfer.

Read more: How to Remove an Iron-on Transfer From Clothes | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4466356_remove-iron_on-transfer-clothes.html#ixzz1Cp3LmMdO
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #46: Feb 02, 2011 05:13:57 pm
      How to Remove an Iron-on Transfer From Clothes

Perhaps you have a T-shirt or sweatshirt that has an iron-on number on it. Suppose that number has changed and you now need to change that number. You can remove an iron-on transfer from clothes using the paper, peel-off or direct method.
      Difficulty: Moderately Easy

Instructions

Things You'll Need:

* Piece of paper or piece of thin cardboard
          * T-shirt with iron-on transfer
          * Ironing board
          * Iron
          * Lint brush

Iron-on-Paper Method

Lay a blank piece of paper on an ironing board. The paper should be large enough to cover the iron-on transfer.

Lay the piece of clothing on the paper. The iron-on transfer should be face-down on the paper.

Iron the back of the article. This may take up to five minutes.

Check to see if the transfer is now on the paper.

Peel-Off Method

Cover the iron-on transfer with a piece of a paper and reverse the material.

Iron the back of the shirt (assuming the transfer is on the chest) for about 90 seconds or until you are sure that the transfer is extremely hot.

Reverse the shirt and peel off the paper. The transfer should peel off with it.

Direct Method

Wet the iron-on transfer and area around the transfer.

Iron directly on the iron-on transfer in circular motions with no paper between. The transfer will begin to melt into little balls.

Use a lint brush to pick up the balls of the transfer.

Tips & Warnings

You may need to run the article of clothing through the wash once or twice to remove any excess glue.
            A thin piece of cardboard can work in place of a piece of paper.
            An iron with a Teflon coating works best, but any iron will do.
            The iron must be extremely hot. The highest setting is recommended for removing an iron-on transfer.

Read more: How to Remove an Iron-on Transfer From Clothes | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4466356_remove-iron_on-transfer-clothes.html#ixzz1Cp3LmMdO

Are you free to do Blue Peter?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #47: Feb 02, 2011 05:15:45 pm

Ha ha no. ...but i'm free to hit Google the odd time being as I am in front of a P.C. after all.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #48: Feb 02, 2011 05:19:21 pm
      The transfer will begin to melt into little balls.

I take that as a prophecy.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #49: Feb 02, 2011 05:30:57 pm
      I see we've got another would be hero hiding behind a keyboard. Having a go at people with kids, who have been heartbroken this week. F***ing sad
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #50: Feb 02, 2011 05:38:58 pm
      The moral of the story been don't put any names on your jersey because more than likely Carroll and suarez will do the exact same
      LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #51: Feb 02, 2011 06:22:27 pm
      The fella in the club shop said "we don't do refunds by the way" when I asked for Torres on the back of mine - I should of taken the hint!

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #52: Feb 02, 2011 06:30:55 pm
      Someone should speak to the club and get a discount agreed on a Carroll or Suarez shirt if they hand in a Torres one in.

Recycling Medames et Monsieurs.

Its all the rage.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #53: Feb 11, 2011 04:38:42 pm
      Paddy Power are doing a thing now where you can send them your Torres 9 or Carroll 9 shirt and they will send it to Africa for you in that charity and then credit your account with £50.

Could be very handy if you no a keen gambler, what I'm doing with a mate is getting to buy me a new jersey and what ever the price is it doesn't matter and he can have the £50 credit.
      DC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #54: Feb 11, 2011 10:26:15 pm

Hope not!
      NorthernIrishRed
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 195 posts |
      Reply #55: Feb 11, 2011 10:48:14 pm
      Anything but burning it! What shirt is it on? Home away third? I'm jot really found about an of our kits this season I normally just wear retro ones now ..
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #56: Feb 11, 2011 11:17:53 pm
      can you still see shadows what used to be stood there. cuz then id just buy a new shirt.
      anybody?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #57: Feb 15, 2011 04:38:27 pm
      I am definitely trying this!

I have 2 jerseys that I love. Carroll 9 would be perfect!
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #58: Feb 15, 2011 04:53:19 pm
      The Redmen were quality with the putting the hoody on over the top. :D

Quick Reply