Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your man of the match?

Reina
      (0%)
      Kelly
      (2.7%)
      Kyrgiakos
      (7%)
      Skrtel
      (0%)
      Agger
      (5.9%)
      Johnson
      (0.5%)
      Lucas
      (4.8%)
      Gerrard
      (16.7%)
      Aurelio
      (0%)
      Meireles
      (12.9%)
      Kuyt
      (40.9%)
      Suarez
      (8.6%)

Liverpool 2-0 Stoke: In-game and Post Match Jubilation Thread

Read 43237 times
      dariocheshirered
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Stoke: In-game and Post Match Jubilation Thread
      Reply #667: Feb 02, 2011 11:33:59 pm
      Spot on. No one echoing that anymore are they?

The narrative is gonna completely change from, "Liverpool are rubbish and Lucas is fooking sh*te!!!111" to "The signing of Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll have given Liverpool a lift and some positivity."

And the really meesed up thing is that the brain-dead morons who just echo whatever line the media is going with, will not see the direct contradiction in their new "opinions", afterall 'new positivity' implies in iteself that there was negativity under Hodgson (and the man responsible for that was...[some will still insist it was RAFA]). More so, Suarez and Carroll are just two players (only one of whom is actually match fit and playing), so surely the other 10 men on the pitch can't be too bad if they're turning in performances like this eh?

My manc (blue) mates are honestly praying for Kenny to flop so that they can pick up the dormant "Deluded-Scousers-Liveing-in-the-Past [TM] line. F***ing ridiculous, the lengths some will go to hide from the bloody obvious...
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #668: Feb 02, 2011 11:34:06 pm
      Chelsea's Torres [Chelsea!]
      … already??!?? s.h.I.t… this is trouble for Sunday!! Roman c’mon bid £51M for Suarez pleeeaase!!!!

JohnTerryBlue [Chelsea, Spain]
      WTF…. did we get the wrong guy!!!!!

DrogbaDragon [Chelsea, Kenya]
      I don’t like this new energy about LIVERPOOL….!!! Bring ROY HODGSON BACCCKKK!!!!!!

[Chelsea, Netherlands]
      Why don’t LIVERPOOL just know when to QUIT!!!!!
      Pmsl, won't be to long when that c**t who's name I won't mention will be wondering 'why did I leave'.
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #669: Feb 02, 2011 11:37:07 pm
      ;D at the comments from plastic chelsea fans
      DC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #670: Feb 02, 2011 11:40:50 pm
      3-5-1-1 ...... I'm off to eat my hat
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #671: Feb 02, 2011 11:42:07 pm
      Wanna have an idea of what Chelscum fans are saying after tonight's game? Here's a selection off footyroom.com:

Chelsea's Torres [Chelsea!]
      … already??!?? s.h.i.t… this is trouble for Sunday!! Roman c’mon bid £51M for Suarez pleeeaase!!!!

Chelsea_Torres [Chelsea, England]
      We’ll get him in the summer!!!

JohnTerryBlue [Chelsea, Spain]
      WTF…. did we get the wrong guy!!!!!!

DrogbaDragon [Chelsea, Kenya]
      I don’t like this new energy about LIVERPOOL….!!! Bring ROY HODGSON BACCCKKK!!!!!!

RomansArmy [Chelsea, Netherlands]
      Why don’t LIVERPOOL just know when to QUIT!!!!!

LeBlues [Chelsea, Cameroon]
      Is it TRUE…. Stoke had only ONE SHOT on goal?!?! I don’t recognize this LIVERPOOL!! Something has galvanized these guys… we probably robbed the wrong bank this time (Torres)!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA :D

:lmao:
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #672: Feb 02, 2011 11:42:14 pm
      Can't wait to see Glen Johnson bomb down the left and pump in crosses for Andy C.

DC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #673: Feb 02, 2011 11:44:06 pm
      Would it be ridiculous to think that Kuyt plays the lone strike man better than Torres.

Not as much of a threat obviously. But works hard, is more likely to win the header and holds up the ball better than Torres. Still hate is first touch but can't fault his attitude.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #674: Feb 02, 2011 11:47:18 pm
      Maybe the team that was left to Hodgson wasn't as bad after all

Exactly right.
      liverpuddle
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #675: Feb 02, 2011 11:50:20 pm
      Had to work so missed the game. Getting ready for the highlights but by all accounts a good result and great to get anothet clean sheet.

Remarkable that such a defensively minded coach like Hodgson couldn't manage this yet Kenny by playing positive football has us taking the game to the opposition and we are seeing the benefit.

Totally agree - can't believe the difference.  A month ago I had my doubts about the quality of some of the players.  Meireles for one. He's now scored three in five matches - what a difference!

Kuyt has been my favourite player for years.  Amazing how Hodgson couldn't make use of him. He is world class.

Also seeing Kelly bomb down the right side throwing balls into the box makes me really excited to get Carroll on the pitch. The man is massive target and unchallengeable in the air.

Kelly is young and a little raw but you can see how aggressive he is when he moves up. You can see his hunger for the action. Can't wait to see Carroll on the pitch with him.

King Kenny = magic!  Bright times ahead indeed.
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #676: Feb 02, 2011 11:50:25 pm
      If you had told me a week ago we would sell Torres and I would see such a positive thread two days on I would have said you where mad.

Just proves the fact that the club is bigger than anyone.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #677: Feb 02, 2011 11:52:11 pm
      Forgotten to add, I thought Lucas did well today. Has been really impressive this season.

Reminds me of Xabi Alonso with his long passes to the widths.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #678: Feb 02, 2011 11:53:15 pm
      Not very often I do it but Dirk got my vote tonight, best I've seen him play for a long time and he hardly gave the ball away, he was like a man possessed.

To a man I can't knock anyone, it was a sparkling performance and Carroll isn't even fit.

Maybe sulky arse was dragging the whole place down, hopefully he'll have the same effect down there.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #679: Feb 02, 2011 11:55:02 pm
      The comments from those chelsea fans are what we want to hear. They should be afraid of us, every team should be. We are Liverpool FC and we are back playing the game how it should be played. Pass and move baby.;)
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #680: Feb 02, 2011 11:58:27 pm
      I posted this in another thread but how about a round of applause for Kenny playing the crowd like a fiddle!

Getting Suarez warmed up to peak the crowd's interest really lifted the team when the game was looking very flat.

The Gaffer hasn't lost a step!  :clap: :clap: :clap:
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #681: Feb 03, 2011 12:04:20 am
      The comments from those chelsea fans are what we want to hear. They should be afraid of us, every team should be. We are Liverpool FC and we are back playing the game how it should be played. Pass and move baby.;)

Look at that Suarez goal tonight and the reaction from him and his teammates....Real Happiness...unfaked smiles....so different then what his name the last month or so.....We are back and it is grand.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #682: Feb 03, 2011 12:06:57 am
      Just back from the game. Kuyt seems to have got the MOM from you watching online, F***ing bizarre.

Both me and redkenny thought he was the worst player on the pitch.  Strange how you see a different game on TV than at the game.  Personally I don't ever want to see him up front on his own ever again - utter sh*te.  But anyway, now is not the time for arguments.

Poor first half, much better second half.  Compared to Fulham last week we didn't panic even when they had three strikers on and we saw the game off comfortably.

The reception for Suarez was immense.  To grab a goal almost immediately was brilliant - he looks to have pace, the ability to go past people, and most importantly has determination.  Something we were definitely lacking from Torres.

Add to this that we have a 6ft 4 beast to F**k defences up.

Three wins on the bounce, three clean sheets. 10 points from Kenny's first 5 league games. Playing football on the ground and not the air.

Those 40 odd people who thought Roy was good for Liverpool need to issue a public apology on here.  The Liverpool Way is slowly returning and Kenny is getting the very best he can out of our squad at present.

Imagine when we really start getting great players in.

Made up for Suarez, really made up for him.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #683: Feb 03, 2011 12:09:51 am
      F***ing brilliant!

Well in Luis!
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #684: Feb 03, 2011 12:11:40 am
      Lovely to see Suarez keeping up his celebration of acknowledging whoever assisted him, he supposedly always did it when ajax too. Nice to have a striker who clearly appreciates his team mates!
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #685: Feb 03, 2011 12:14:24 am
      Odd JD. Kuyt was awesome from my view.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #686: Feb 03, 2011 12:15:32 am
      I asked it earlier but didn't see if anyone answered me: what were our tactics, after all? 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 5-3-2??
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #687: Feb 03, 2011 12:16:08 am
      Time to look up again lads! :)
      Especially once Carroll is fit.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #688: Feb 03, 2011 12:30:47 am
      Odd JD. Kuyt was awesome from my view.

Like I said, weird how people see things different on TV and at the game.  I was right behind the goal for the first half and he was shocking (in my view). 

I think the take home lesson here is everyone's views are different. There have been times I have watched a game on TV and someone has been at Anfield and I've had 'debates' with them. I'll think differently in future.

One thing is for sure.  Kuyt is definitely not a single man up front striker.  That is a cert.

Despite the MOM vote, we could still be playing that game now 6 hours later, and in my view, Kuyt still wouldn't have scored.

But that isn't the message of the night.  The message of the night is another great win, against a side who only weeks ago made us look like complete muppets.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #689: Feb 03, 2011 12:32:56 am
      I asked it earlier but didn't see if anyone answered me: what were our tactics, after all? 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 5-3-2??

4-4-1-1, until Suarez came on then it was more 4-4-2.

I couldn't comprehend the formation when I saw the team but there was a definite, traditional, back four.

When Aurelio went off, Johnson moved back to left back from left wing.

Quick Reply