Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Chelsea vs Liverpool (Pre-Match) Sun 6/2/11 4pm

Read 34722 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Chelsea vs Liverpool (Pre-Match) Sun 6/2/11 4pm
      Reply #23: Feb 03, 2011 04:17:59 am
      Maybe we don't need Carra to 'do a job on Torres'.

I'm pretty sure he is more than capable of injuring himself ;)
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #24: Feb 03, 2011 04:28:50 am
      United have always been our most hated rivals, but I'm not so sure anymore. Chelsea are doing a good job in catching them up. City will be as hated soon too. Anyway.

I don't want our players doing anything stupid to try hurt Torres, the bi*ch isn't worth it.

I just want us to contain him, have him in our centre backs pockets so much, that at the end of the game people forget he was even on the pitch. And most importantly play our own game, instead of worrying about him let them worry about Suarez.

Keeping the trio of Lucas, Gerrard and Meireles in the middle is the most important thing for me.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #25: Feb 03, 2011 04:45:20 am
      United have always been our most hated rivals, but I'm not so sure anymore. Chelsea are doing a good job in catching them up. City will be as hated soon too. Anyway.

I don't want our players doing anything stupid to try hurt Torres, the bi*ch isn't worth it.

I just want us to contain him, have him in our centre backs pockets so much, that at the end of the game people forget he was even on the pitch. And most importantly play our own game, instead of worrying about him let them worry about Suarez.

Keeping the trio of Lucas, Gerrard and Meireles in the middle is the most important thing for me.

This has been debated a lot recently, United is our biggest rival, Chelsea v Liverpool was more Jose v Rafa in the CL. City is no doubt on the rise but I don't see us really having a rivalry against them, they are similar to Arsenal, they are just there, need to respect their skill but no real history.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #26: Feb 03, 2011 04:56:55 am
      This has been debated a lot recently, United is our biggest rival, Chelsea v Liverpool was more Jose v Rafa in the CL. City is no doubt on the rise but I don't see us really having a rivalry against them, they are similar to Arsenal, they are just there, need to respect their skill but no real history.

Yeah no question about it. United will always be our biggest rival, i said "hated rivals". The reason i mentioned City is because they are the new Chelsea, and in a year or two they will will be a top side tryig to steel our players just like Chelsea.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #27: Feb 03, 2011 06:55:28 am
      Just played football manager against Chelsea and Suarez got a double with Meireles scoring the 3rd. Granted Drogbo did score one for them but I'd love for this outcome on sunday. :)
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #28: Feb 03, 2011 07:13:58 am
      I don't wanna win because it's Torres, I want another 3 points, the team playing well and to beat F***ing Chelsea. F**k Torres, we are above him and have Suarez.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #29: Feb 03, 2011 07:19:57 am
      Always wanna win against this bunch of F***ing soulless w*nk-stains, but the whole he-who-shall-not-be-named former number 9 situation adds that big extra ingredient just to spice it up even more.

Check list for the match.

1. Smash some goals past them.
      2. Travelling fans once again show the plastic cu*ts how to cheer for their team.
      3. Carra and co to show Torres how they feel about his decision.

That'll do me.
      Jase31
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #30: Feb 03, 2011 07:23:31 am
      Really hoping we can win and keep the momentum going, it's going to be really hard so i'd take a draw. I'd hate to see their smug F***ing faces if they beat us, plastic bas**rds. ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31: Feb 03, 2011 08:18:34 am
      F**k IT, I think this match has come to early, reason...i would have preferred it later in the season and in particular knowing where we are more likely to finish, then when the game started within minutes i'd like to see Carra go thru Torres like a f***in bulldozer, and render the kunt as useless as Heather Mills in arse booting contest.... i know its daft but i'm still so angry by the way he disrespected us....ideally tho, a all out attempt to win at all costs, this to me is our most important game of the season, win this and we are in for a storming finish and a a real chance of a CL spot.

With confidence on the rise and getting more used to Kenny's ideas i think we are becoming a team to be feared once again, with Suarez settling in and the big fella yet to come in we wont be losing many thats for sure, i think losing Chavkunt torres is a blessing in disguise, and rather than gutted at losing him, we have actually come out smelling of roses, and more dangerous with double trouble up front, roll on Sunday lets show theses plastic spastics that we are back, and with a vengence...

Reina
                                  Kelly    Carra/sotis   Agger   Skirtl    Glen

Lucas
                                          Gerrard                     Meireles

Kuyt             Suarez

ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #32: Feb 03, 2011 08:25:32 am
      Get in there Redmen !!! I fucken hate Chel$ki and now i hate them even more . I hope you fucken flog em .
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #33: Feb 03, 2011 08:54:33 am
      Predictions :-

Carra will play the first 5 mins before getting red carded for a season ending challenge on el traitor.

Drogba will then try and get physical with Soto / Skrtel, and end up getting red carded as well

Suarez will run rings around Terry

Lamps will be shaded out of the midfield by Lucas & Miereles

2-0 - Suarez and Miereles again
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #34: Feb 03, 2011 09:02:24 am
      I'm buzzing and too F***ing nervous to post anything constructive on this match - get stuck in and knock the sh*te clean out of these plastic whores! That's all.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #35: Feb 03, 2011 09:11:55 am
      Same team as Stoke game,change formation a little.Play Suarez in his best position. him playing of Kuyt,Hope Jamie and Stevie can hold in there emotions,they cant get sent of,Torres aint worth the hassle.Personally i think it will be like watching a rugby match with torres and drogba on the floor for most of the game.I am going for another 2-0 Gerrard and Suarez.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #36: Feb 03, 2011 09:12:00 am
      This match is not about Torres v Liverpool.  That is just media bullshit.  This game is about getting 3 points, the same as any game.  It is a massive game because if we win, we gain 3 points on them and get us closer to (and a certain Spanish tw*t further away from) CL football next year. If Spurs beat Bolton on Saturday, they'll be level of points with them and we'll be 6pts behind having played a game more.  When they start feeling the pressure, they will drop more points - and they still have to play Utd twice (two draws please!)

I am resigned to losing someone for three games... ;)

Can't wait to see Suarez rip them apart.  Don't care what team Kenny plays, IKKWT! Let's do these!
      Jase31
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #37: Feb 03, 2011 09:42:36 am
      Like you say hopefully no one gets sent off because he's just not worth it! This is about us getting 3 points and nothing more. Most people probably think we'll get beat anyway so just go out there with no fear and rip these a new one! we have nothing to lose.
      Flipmode
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Luis Suarez/Torres songs to sing on Sunday
      Reply #38: Feb 03, 2011 09:46:54 am
      Helpful that Suarez and Torres rhymes.

His armband proved he was a red, Suarez Suarez
      You'll never walk alone it said, Suarez Suarez
      He bought the band off a lad from spain
      Tall, Blonde hair, I forget hi...s Name,
      Luis Suarez Liverpools Number 9 (well errm....7)
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Luis Suarez/Torres songs to sing on Sunday
      Reply #39: Feb 03, 2011 09:55:56 am
      Haha

Think Suarez will get a song of his own though :P
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #40: Feb 03, 2011 10:00:13 am
      We've got to beat Chelsea on Sunday, if we do it narrows the gap to six points granted Chelsea have a game in hand, but the repercussions of a defeat at The Bridge could have knock on effects on their confidence and give us a real boost to help us narrow that gap further over the remaining course of the season.

If we can perform like we did in the reverse of this fixture earlier in the season then I'm sure we can come away with all 3 points, come on the redmen.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #41: Feb 03, 2011 10:24:44 am
      We've got to beat Chelsea to keep our hopes of top 4 alive. Chelsea have a hell a lot of match winners in there team, going to be tough. If we play like we can, I believe we can get a result.

Renia
      Kelly   Carr  Agger  Johnson
                    Lucas
      Kuyt  Meireles  Gerrard  Auerlio
                    Suarez
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #42: Feb 03, 2011 10:40:50 am
      AL Pacino's Any Given Sunday Speech

Let's F***ing have these bas**rds!!!!!!!!!!

Reina

Skrtel      Soto      Dagger

Kelly            Lucas            Glen
                  Gerrard       Meireles
                            Maxi
                           Suarez

Or whatever is good for the KING
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #43: Feb 03, 2011 10:49:26 am
      10/10 for effort but I'm sure there'll be another cracker for Suarez with a tune of it's own. The Torres song as catchy as it was has already been hijacked by the plastic
      fans at Stamford Bridge. We can change the words all we like to slag the rentboy off though... :D
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44: Feb 03, 2011 10:56:38 am
                     Reina

Kelly     Soto     Agger     Johnson

Gerrard     Lucas     Meireles

Kuyt          Maxi

Suarez

Would take a draw in this to be honest but I think we could aim higher and go for the win.
      Chelsea aren't playing the best of football at the moment and we could give them a real go on Sunday. Hopefully Suarez bags another goal to win us the game. WIll be interesting to see what Torres does if he scores against us. My prediction for the game is 2-1 to us (Suarez, Raul).
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #45: Feb 03, 2011 11:00:22 am
      To be honest, its doing my head in hearing about 20 different clubs using the torres tune, its completely killed it now. I hope to god we dont use it for Suarez or to abuse Torres with.

Quick Reply