Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Ebbsfleet/MyFootballClub

Read 6510 times
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Ebbsfleet/MyFootballClub
      Aug 05, 2007 01:33:10 pm
      I like this idea alot & may take the plung later this month. I noticed a small article in yesterday's Times newspaper & it all seems
      above board...thoughts guys?

Taken from http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/

Welcome to MyFootballClub

For the first time in football history, fans have the opportunity to buy and then take control of a professional football club – both on and off the pitch.

Every MyFootballClub member will have an equal say in team selection, player transfers and the running of the club.

Members will own the club through their MyFootballClub Trust, and together they will attempt to guide their football club to success.

Buying the football club

The most popular club, as voted for by MyFootballClub members, and the one that most closely meets the following criteria, will be purchased:

* 51% or more of the football club shares can be bought.
          * There is none, or a manageable debt.
          * The club has the potential to reach the Premiership.
          * The size of the stadium and the availability of public transport.
          * The club is amenable to our approach.

Owning the football club

When you pay your membership fee, you will become a member of the MyFootballClub Trust. Your Trust will purchase a controlling interest in the football club, in effect making you a joint owner of your football club.

The membership fee

The MyFootballClub membership fee is £35. £27.50 will go towards purchasing a football club, buying new players and other club expenditure. £7.50 will go towards the administration of the MyFootballClub Trust and the building and management of the MyFootballClub website.
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2008 08:14:37 pm by JD »
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Website agrees Ebbsfleet takeover
      Reply #1: Nov 13, 2007 09:42:52 am
      Paid my £35 ;)

Website agrees Ebbsfleet takeover

By Alex Perry and John Sinnott

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gravesend_and_northfleet/7089473.stm

Fans' community website MyFootballClub has agreed a deal to take over Blue Square Premier outfit Ebbsfleet United.

The 20,000 MyFootballClub members have each paid £35 to provide a £700,000 takeover pot and they will all own an equal share in the club.

Members will have a vote on transfers as well as player selection and all major decisions.

"We are united in believing this is a great opportunity," Ebbsfleet chairman Jason Botley told BBC Sport.

"This extra finance and support will enable our club to progress."

The deal is expected to be completed in a few weeks after a due diligence process and the website will purchase a 51% controlling stake, while also having the option to buy the club outright in the future.

The takeover is a landmark for English football, given the website's stated intention of involving the members so radically in the running of the club, particularly with team selection.

After the takeover goes through the current board will stay in place, as will manager Liam Daish, although his title will change to head coach.

Daish insisted that he was happy for fans to have an input on team matters.

"Picking 11 players and formations isn't a precise science and luck often plays its part," stated the Ebbsfleet boss.

"During and after matches, Ebbsfleet supporters often give me their opinion on which players should or shouldn't start games. Now they can have their say.

"My job won't change that much. As a club, we'll select the starting 11 players and formation together.

"But just as before, what goes on at the training ground and in the dressing room on the day of the match is down to me.

"It's the supporters' money that finances this club and pays my wages and those of the players.

"So there's a good argument for them having a say in what players they want to see."

Ebbsfleet were formerly Gravesend and Northfleet but the club's name was changed in May in a bid to tap into the regeneration of the area.

They are currently ninth in the Blue Square Premier, six points off a play-off place for entry to the Football League.

And Ebbsfleet's push for a spot in League Two will receive a boost as some of the funds raised by MyFootballClub members will be available in the January transfer window.

MyFootballClub members will be given the option to vote on who the club should buy.

Daish added that he was fully behind the radical model for the club.

"We all agree we need something extra to take us to the next step," he said.

"As a football fan, I think the MyFootballClub idea is fantastic.

"As the coach, I look forward to the challenge of working with thousands of members to produce a winning team.

"My assistant Alan Kimble and myself are 100% committed to making this work."

Since the website's launch in April, 50,000 members have signed up, with 20,000 of those paying the registration fee.

The membership subscription is paid annually so new members can join and become owners at any time, adding to the club's finances.

MyFootballClub was approached by nine clubs and looked into seven of those before opting to take over Ebbsfleet.

The Financial Services Authority has approved the setting up of the MyFootballClub Trust to safeguard members' interests in the eventuality of the club running into financial difficulties.

"The MyFootballClub ownership model is an innovative way of funding a lower league club," said Dan Jones, partner at Deloitte and editor of the Annual Review of Football Finance.

"Reports of having raised over £700,000 in 11 weeks suggests it is viable too.

"Deloitte has been following its progress with interest and we're now looking forward to offering our experience in football finance to assist with advice and guidance during the due diligence process."

MyFootballClub creator Will Brooks added: "We hope that MyFootballClub members and Ebbsfleet supporters will join forces and make the football club more sustainable and successful."

Jessica McQueen, Ebbsfleet United Supporters' Trust chair commented: "Being a Trust, our members understand the MyFootballClub concept immediately.

"We very much look forward to working with the MyFootballClub members for the benefit of Ebbsfleet United."
      « Last Edit: Nov 13, 2007 09:50:06 am by DM Osbon »
      MsGerrard
      Re: My Football Club.com
      Reply #2: Nov 13, 2007 11:39:59 am
      So DM Osbon,

Will we see you taking over from Rafa one day ;D

Just remember who your friends are eh!!
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #3: Nov 13, 2007 11:52:59 am
      So DM Osbon,

Will we see you taking over from Rafa one day ;D

Just remember who your friends are eh!!

Would you like that? ;D

I was interested in this when it first started out in April but as the club we(hehe sounds funny) have bought is the team that use to be Gravesend, I was definitely in!

My mum's family come originally from Gravesend, Kent so it's a nice way to put something back into the area. The team as it is now, Ebbsfleet Utd are 6 points from a playoff place into top flight football.

I plan to go to a few games this season now as it's only a short journey done the M25 for me.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Nov 13, 2007 11:58:29 am
      Well that depends on how well you do at Ebbsfleet United  :lmao:
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #5: Nov 13, 2007 12:14:05 pm
      Promotion would be nice this season 8) but I feel Rafa will be in his job for sometime to come ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Nov 13, 2007 12:20:42 pm
      Promotion would be nice this season 8) but I feel Rafa will be in his job for sometime to come ;)

I hope he will.

In Rafa we trust.........For Sure
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #7: Nov 13, 2007 12:24:35 pm

In Rafa we trust.........For Sure

Or should that be "In DM we Trust"
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #8: Nov 13, 2007 12:44:51 pm
      Sky Sports news are covering the story if anyone is interested more...just interviewed the chairman of Ebbsfleet Utd ;)
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #9: Nov 13, 2007 12:47:47 pm
      Cool idea I may even be tempted to invest in football myself, if we all chipped in £35 it would take 12,857,143 of us to buy Liverpool (based on the figure that Hicks and Gillet have paid inc the new stadium fund)

Who's in?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Nov 13, 2007 01:11:41 pm
      Hi AJ, how are you today?

Count me in for LFC, imagine how good that would be, to say you owned a tiny bit of Liverpool, it would only be a tiny bit too wouldn't it? :lmao:
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #11: Nov 13, 2007 01:24:48 pm

Count me in for LFC, imagine how good that would be, to say you owned a tiny bit of Liverpool, it would only be a tiny bit too wouldn't it? :lmao:

Yeah that would be a nice feeling no matter how small...members of MyFootballClub are only allowed 1 share each of Ebbsfleet Utd...
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #12: Nov 13, 2007 01:53:56 pm

Hey MsG I'm good thanks hows u?

It would be great to own a lil bit of the best club in the world, we could get JD to administer...... the website! how cool would that be?
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13: Nov 13, 2007 06:24:23 pm
      Ahh well done DM Obson! I hope it works out!!

Cardiff City are setting up some sort of trust, it's quite complicated, but basically you can pay minimum of £12 a year for membership, Supporters Trust I think it's called, and I think the Trust as a whole owns some shares, although I'm not sure, and you can get your feelings across to the board and stuff. Also it helps out the club.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #14: Nov 13, 2007 10:02:36 pm
      So erm DM.  You're 'sort of' a shareholder in Ebbsfleet.  Best get on to Rafa to arrange a friendly.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #15: Nov 13, 2007 11:44:00 pm
      So erm DM.  You're 'sort of' a shareholder in Ebbsfleet.  Best get on to Rafa to arrange a friendly.

Now that's a great idea...ah...your being sarcastic ;)
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #16: Nov 14, 2007 12:13:52 am
      Ahh well done DM Obson! I hope it works out!!

Cardiff City are setting up some sort of trust, it's quite complicated, but basically you can pay minimum of £12 a year for membership, Supporters Trust I think it's called, and I think the Trust as a whole owns some shares, although I'm not sure, and you can get your feelings across to the board and stuff. Also it helps out the club.

I think anything that allows the supporter to be closer to the club is a good thing. It may not work out but then again it may be the best thing that has happened to Ebbsfleet Utd...we shall see.

Are you going to buy into Cardiff then Nicola?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #17: Nov 14, 2007 06:51:48 pm
      DM - There was a full page about Ebbsfleet in today's Daily Mail, did you see it?
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #18: Nov 14, 2007 10:27:29 pm
      I think I may do, even if it's just £12 for the year for now :D
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #19: Nov 15, 2007 01:44:35 am
      DM - There was a full page about Ebbsfleet in today's Daily Mail, did you see it?

No I didn't but I understand there were articles in most newspapers about the club. The ones I know of are in the Daily Star & The Times.

Am sure this will be in the news more when the January transfer window opens.
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #20: Nov 15, 2007 05:57:04 pm
      Oxford will mash Ebbsfleet at the weekend :)
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #21: Nov 16, 2007 11:21:05 am
      Oxford will mash Ebbsfleet at the weekend :)

Ah I hope this hasn't stepped on your toes drawde too much. What do you make of all this? Am keen to know what a rival team support feels... ;)
      « Last Edit: Nov 16, 2007 11:23:48 am by DM Osbon »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #22: Nov 16, 2007 12:08:47 pm
      SACK THE BOARD!

So, any plans for a change in the manager if you lose at Oxford?

Quick Reply